Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing (27339 Views)

Is Cross Rivers Landmass Bigger Than South East Region? / Residents Cries For Help As Erosion Eating Up Their Entire Community. / Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 10:56am On Nov 11, 2017
sirBLUNT:
tel me their differences pls

Igbo's are peace loving people

Igbo's are Nigerians

Igbo's are hardworking people

While Igbos are terrorist

Igbos are fake Jews

Igbos are criminal elements

Igbos are occultist

That's the different sir

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 11, 2017
sirBLUNT:
oh i see is it abt duration? wel 4 ur info i hav been
on this furum long dat u can imagin...

You've spent less than a month here and you've started cursing, abusing and fighting everyone?!
It's not your type I'll join issue with.
Have a nice day!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:

Igbo's are peace loving people
Igbo's are Nigerians
Igbo's are hardworking people

While Igbos are terrorist
Igbos are fake Jews
Igbos are criminal elements
Igbos are occultist
That's the different sir
You've said it all bro!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 11:00am On Nov 11, 2017
modelmike7:

You've said it all bro!

Thanks boss

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sirBLUNT: 11:00am On Nov 11, 2017
modelmike7:

You've spent less than a month here and you've started cursing, abusing and fighting everyone?!
It's not your type I'll join issue with.
Have a nice day!
swerve!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by honourhim: 11:00am On Nov 11, 2017
sirBLUNT:
so wats the difference wat has the Igbos done to you? did the snatch ur wife?

IPOB members are miscreants, senseless and take irrational decisions. They worship Nnamdi Kanu like mumu. I dislike them. They should not be allowed to prosper in my state - Imo or in Igbo land in general

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by AshiwajuFoward: 11:00am On Nov 11, 2017
Bet why is chukwu okike obioma punishing his modern day black Jews? Have they not suffered enough. Chineke why? This erosion is eating up the little remaining land that their ancestors bequeathed them. Chukwu okike obioma why? embarassed embarassed

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 11:02am On Nov 11, 2017
sirBLUNT:
swerve!

He's telling you the truth

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2017
honourhim:

IPOB members are miscreants, senseless and take irrational decisions. They worship Nnamdi Kanu like mumu. I dislike them. They should not be allowed to prosper in my state - Imo or in Igbo land in general

You are a statesman

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
Bet why is chukwu okike obioma punishing his modern day black Jews? Have they not suffered enough. Chineke why? This erosion is eating up the little remaining land that their ancestors bequeathed them. Chukwu okike obioma why? embarassed embarassed

I love your write up sir

Permission to copy it sir ?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sirBLUNT: 11:04am On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:

He's telling you the truth
wat truth? mine u dis is my temporal account so he has no right to tel me dat..sir
Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 11:06am On Nov 11, 2017
sirBLUNT:
wat truth? mine u dis is my temporal account so he has no right to tel me dat..sir

Try and listen to him

Let's learn from one another

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by FRESHG(m): 11:08am On Nov 11, 2017
honourhim:

I HAVENT SEEN ANYWHERE IN YOUR HOLY QURAN WHERE YOU WERE INSTRUCTED TO WORSHIP OR SLAUGHTER RAMS FOR PROPHET BUHARI BUT HE WAS WORSHIPPED WHEN HE RETURNED FROM MEDICAL VACATION. SOME FAITHFUL MUSLIMS EVEN WENT AS FAR AS SLAUGHTERING RAMS AND DRINKING GUTTER WATER FOR HIM.

THIS IS WHY I SEE HIM AS ONE OF THE GREATEST PROPHET IN ISLAM

1 Like

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:12am On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:
Now understand why Lagos is under siege
Southwest Gully erosion, earthquake and flooding

1 Like

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 11:14am On Nov 11, 2017
post=62276531:

Southwest Gully erosion, earthquake and flooding

They were not fleeing

Also not choking other region

Not claiming other peoples land

11 Likes

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sirBLUNT: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:

Try and listen to him

Let's learn from one another
i hav neva attack him i jst disagree wit him..i am very open to learning everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2017
sirBLUNT:
i hav neva attack him i jst disagree wit him..i am very open to learning everyday

Aii sir

1 Like

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sirBLUNT: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:

Aii sir
thanks sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:21am On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:

Aii sir

http://tvcnews.tv/2017/01/gully-erosion-ondo-community-seeks-government-intervention/

Residents of a community in Irele Local Government Area of Ondo State have made a passionate appeal to the Nigerian government to address the gully erosion which is gradually cutting the community into two. Residents of the town which is one of the riverine communities in Ondo state with over 10,000 inhabitants, say the erosion is affecting the movement of the people in the area. A former member of the state House of Assembly, Afolabi Iwalewa told TVC News that the erosion which is more than two kilometers has already claimed many lives.

3 Likes

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:26am On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:

Aii sir
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/erosion-renders-20-families-homeless-in-ogun/
By Daud Olatunji ABEOKUTA—Residents of Abule Oloni Community, Lantoro Abeokuta have called on the Ogun State government to intervene as erosion disaster rendered no fewer than 20 family homeless in Ogun State. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Vanguard gathered that many residents have abandoned their various houses to safe their precious lives and properties over the flood disaster. Chairman of the community, Chief Lasisi Shamudeen, who addressed newsmen urged the government to come to their aids. Shamudeen explained that the erosion problem had destroyed roads, property and at the same time, threatening their lives. Also speaking, the Secretary of Abule Oloni Community Development Association Mr. Ayinde Lekan, the government was nonchalant to the plight of the community. He said: “Erosion has destroyed many houses and shops, which had rendered some members of the community jobless. ”It has affected our businesses, because, apart from the fact that some people have left the community because of this erosion, people don’t want to come to leave in the community.” Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/erosion-renders-20-families-homeless-in-ogun/ Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/erosion-renders-20-families-homeless-in-ogun/

1 Like

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2017
post=62276785:

http://tvcnews.tv/2017/01/gully-erosion-ondo-community-seeks-government-intervention/

Residents of a community in Irele Local Government Area of Ondo State have made a passionate appeal to the Nigerian government to address the gully erosion which is gradually cutting the community into two. Residents of the town which is one of the riverine communities in Ondo state with over 10,000 inhabitants, say the erosion is affecting the movement of the people in the area. A former member of the state House of Assembly, Afolabi Iwalewa told TVC News that the erosion which is more than two kilometers has already claimed many lives.

Face the issue at hand bro

900 sites of erosion

Let's do some mathematics here

900 erosion sites divided by 5

900÷5 = 180 sites per state

Its too much

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 11:30am On Nov 11, 2017
post=62276929:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/erosion-renders-20-families-homeless-in-ogun/
By Daud Olatunji ABEOKUTA—Residents of Abule Oloni Community, Lantoro Abeokuta have called on the Ogun State government to intervene as erosion disaster rendered no fewer than 20 family homeless in Ogun State. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Vanguard gathered that many residents have abandoned their various houses to safe their precious lives and properties over the flood disaster. Chairman of the community, Chief Lasisi Shamudeen, who addressed newsmen urged the government to come to their aids. Shamudeen explained that the erosion problem had destroyed roads, property and at the same time, threatening their lives. Also speaking, the Secretary of Abule Oloni Community Development Association Mr. Ayinde Lekan, the government was nonchalant to the plight of the community. He said: “Erosion has destroyed many houses and shops, which had rendered some members of the community jobless. ”It has affected our businesses, because, apart from the fact that some people have left the community because of this erosion, people don’t want to come to leave in the community.” Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/erosion-renders-20-families-homeless-in-ogun/ Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/erosion-renders-20-families-homeless-in-ogun/
In Anambra, several communities are being ravaged by erosion while the Nguzu-Edda and Abia Iwerre communities in Afikpo South Local Council, Ebonyi have some of the worst erosion sites in the region while Enugu’s sites are mostly located along the Udi axis.

A visit to some of the erosion sites showed that economic and human activities are almost non-existent, the result of the yawning and dangerous gullies created by large-volume, fast-flowing run-off.It is often heart-breaking to see beautiful houses perched on the edges of deep gullies, long abandoned by their owners who have relocated and from wherever, await the inevitable swallowing of their homes.

5 Likes

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:49am On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:

In Anambra, several communities are being ravaged by erosion while the Nguzu-Edda and Abia Iwerre communities in Afikpo South Local Council, Ebonyi have some of the worst erosion sites in the region while Enugu’s sites are mostly located along the Udi axis.

A visit to some of the erosion sites showed that economic and human activities are almost non-existent, the result of the yawning and dangerous gullies created by large-volume, fast-flowing run-off.It is often heart-breaking to see beautiful houses perched on the edges of deep gullies, long abandoned by their owners who have relocated and from wherever, await the inevitable swallowing of their homes.
[center][/center]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by madridguy(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
Following you bros. grin grin

sarrki:
Where is gavelslam,madridguy and Deomeleo sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:
Now understand why Lagos is under siege
No pictures?
Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by Cooly100: 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2017
Wicked Nigeria government. Op if erosion is worse in the SE, why would the government not spend to fix the issue there? Why are they spending in all the six geo-politiccal zone..?

Read from the this link....

http://www.aitonline.tv/post-fg_to_spend_n5_6bn_on_erosion_control_in_six_states

he Nigerian government has approved the sum of five point six billion naira as soil control accelerated intervention fund to address the challenge of erosion in six states across the six geo-political zones of the country.

The benefiting states are Kano, Sokoto, Osun, Ondo, Bayelsa and Enugu.

The approval of the soil control intervention fund was among decisions reached at the weekly federal executive council meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari....

Rubbish post!!!
Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by smilingface(m): 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
its so unfortunate how people can be..op post this thread so he can insult Igbo's.
Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by ImperialYoruba: 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2017
Refugee situation loading...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by Dainfamous: 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
You want to insult biafrans these diabolic Yoruba people the same sariki was crying on every Biafran threads begging for unity.

1 Like

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:

Please point of correction

I don't hate Igbo's .

I hate Igbos

Which I don't hide
Thanks for using your good offices to bring this to public notice. Lalasticlala knows what to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by sarrki(m): 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2017
smilingface:
its so unfortunate how people can be..op post this thread so he can insult Igbo's.

That's not fair

1 Like

Re: Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
Keep using the Name Of The Lord in vain, you here?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Arrives London For International Engagements / Lagosians Struggle To Get GEJ's Bags Of Rice And Tubers Of Yam [Photo] / Buhari's Government Has Worsened Nigeria's Economy-Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.