Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants (6309 Views)

Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? / What Does Islam Teach About 'Luck'? / What Does Islam Say About Abortion,can Allah Forgive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants by larrybext(m): 11:35pm On Mar 21, 2010
salam alykum.Pls wht does islam or prophet muhammed(saw) says abt 1st salary.Coz i heard dat d 1st month salary should b given 2ur parant.
Re: What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants by Deen4me(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2010
Salam Alaikum Larrybext

No doubt the act of giving ones first salary to ones parent,  Stems from trying to show them honor, respect and kindness.

I myself have done this before ,although my dad and Mum did not take anything from my salary but they just prayed for me at the time.  grin

The importance of honoring one’s parents cannot be over emphasized

It is an act which is encouraged by Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Allaah says

“And We have enjoined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents” [al-‘Ankaboot 29:8]

“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents” [Luqmaan 31:14]

“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: ‘My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young’” [al-Israa’ 17:23]

The Rasul (PBUH) was reported to have been asked

which deed is the best? He (PBUH) said, ‘Faith in Allaah and His Messenger, then honouring one’s parents…’” Ibn ‘Abbaas

No doubt respecting and honoring them will increase love and understanding

It is also a means by which one can attain Paradise, as emphasized by the Rasul (PBUH)

“He is doomed, he is doomed, he is doomed.” It was said, “Who, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “The person whose parents, one or both of them, reach old age during his lifetime but he does not enter Paradise.” (Saheeh Muslim, 4627).

Which brings me to a very important point.

I have not come across any evidence from the Quran or Hadith that specifically states that the First Salary should be given to the parents.

So one should fear from committing acts which are Bidiah (Innovation)

The Prophet was reported to have said

I urge you to adhere to my Sunnah [way] and the way of the Rightly-Guided khaleefahs. Adhere to it and cling tightly to it. And beware of newly-invented matters [in religion], for every newly-invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going-astray.” Abu Dawood

In conclusion the issue of the giving the first salary may start to become a tradition which later generations may follow and this will lead to more people committing this act.Parents may start to deem it fit that it is their Sole right to collect the first salary of their children.You can see where all this can lead too

I would advise that an alternative way to honor your parents should be looked into such as

Paying their electricity, water, Phone Bills, stocking the house. Paying for their Hajj or Umrah or sending them on an exotic vacation all expenses Paid. Buying them a new car, Or just simply taking the time to visit or call them everyday and making them happy  smiley

The list is endless  cheesy

For My Rabb (Lord) says in the Quran

“Is there any reward for good other than good?’ [al-Rahmaan 55:60] 

May Allah forgive us and guide us aright , For He knows best .

1 Like

Re: What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants by wondern(m): 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2010
Yes. Response from Deen4me is appropriate. No bidia (innovation) but continuously do good to parents till you die. And such good can even extend beyond after their death.
Re: What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2010
It's not mandatory but like any act of giving or showing kindness and respect to one's parent as taught by Qur'an and hadith, it is highly rewarding.
If you don't do it, you have not committed any sin, except your parents were in dire need at the period and you didn't assist them when you were in position to do that with your(not necessarily first) salary.
However, it appears to have come to stay as a worthwhile tradition in many Muslim homes, but that still doesn't make it a legislation failing which becomes a sin.  I also did it of course.
Re: What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants by larrybext(m): 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
10q may allah subuana wat'alah bless u.
Re: What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants by deols(f): 1:23pm On Oct 18, 2011
Am hearing this for the first time.

Nothing makes it compulsory that u give dem ur first salary. It is more of a tradition than a religious obligation. What I used to hear is dat it belongs to the whole family nd not the parents.

Nyways, doing it gets u a reward and not doing it is not a sin

(1) (Reply)

Seven Qualities That Allah Loves / Do you have any Question about Islam? / Happy Ramadan Kareem To All Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.