Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,995 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

How I Grew My Business Using Social Media Platforms - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Grew My Business Using Social Media Platforms (822 Views)

For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? / How I Grew My Online Business With An All In 1 Business Tool In 3 Months / BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Grew My Business Using Social Media Platforms by osenzo(m): 12:58am On Nov 12, 2017
This is our first time of doing it, we are revealing our secret on how we made our first million online using social media tools

This is specifically first about making money. And this social media method is something we have been doing for about 3years now and its still working. We want to teach people how to make money Selling value products using social media platform the best way. We will show you practical application of VALUES

But this info maybe only exposed to 30 people.....

To reserve your seat now. Send info on watsapp to 09076316428
Re: How I Grew My Business Using Social Media Platforms by chuckingTHINGS(m): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2021
A whole lot of people want to learn how to Grow their business Online especially in Nigeria. Don't worry about other parts of the world, because if it works in Nigeria, it will fly anywhere else cheesy
To some extent, one of the things you need to do to kickstart the process of growing your business online is to build a personal brand.

Yeah, you heard me...truth be told ehn, life hard for this we country o... I tells you
Forget all this packaging you see everywhere from some of this our Naija gurus. You go hear one "guru" will tell you:
'How I made 30 Billion naila in twenty-four hours' grin grin or 'How I made $1000 for doing nothing' cheesy cheesy grin
And I will be like WTF.
I see all those as BS because to get the real results mehn, you got to put in the needed work. Yeah. I'm still a fan of 'working smart' though, not necessarily 'workin hard'
Disclaimer: this content is meant to expose, teach and give you value. It is not in anyway meant to discredit or witch-hunt anyone biko.

Well back to the matter before we get carried away:

How to Use Social Media To Build Your Personal Brand and Grow Your Business.

The first thing you must do is to identify your area of expertise. GBAM!!!
What can I do and do very well? Personally I can run Facebook ads that converts. That's my strength and where I have mastery. So before going ahead to even think of leveraging on the power of social media, first thing you must do is to ask yourself this important question: What I'm I very good at?
If you can answer this question, then the rest of the journey will be easy brizzy..haha
Don't come and tell me that "I'm good at graphics design and I can code and sing"
Chai, hunku, na OYO go be your case o, pick and identify one area of expertise.
Where FOCUS is, energy flows...

Next is to find the right groups and forums and join. You can use platforms like Facebook, Twitter, our dear Nairaland and Linkedln to find groups that already have communities on your area of expertise. So what you can do is to give out value by sharing your experience once in a while and helping community members solve their personal issues they may encounter. By so doing, you are building an authority around your personal brand. Remember, there is no how you give out value genuinely and you will be ignored! Men will look for you cool

If the above is sorted, you will now have to engage regularly and dish out quality content. Oh yes. Let me tell you one big secret, you have to create quality content for your audience at least on a regular bases. It take a whole lot of effort, work and discipline. 'E no easy mehn, but you gat to do it mehn' grin grin Remember that the aim of all these is to build trust so that should you want to sell to them in future, it will be without any stress.

Know that your audiences can smell a fake from a mile away. They will quickly be able to tell whether you are trying to help them learn or if you’re solely trying to sell to them. Don’t be the latter. If you rush to sell to them immediately, it can bounce back. You can follow the 80/20 rule of providing good content 80 percent of the time and selling only 20 percent of the time. It works!!

When this is done, you can then go ahead to join discussions and conversations. These are topics already created either in your absence or your presence. It helps you engage more, network more and your comments can be the solution to someone's challenge. Don’t be afraid to add your voice and make yourself visible in a discussion. This is especially true if you have unique insights and value to add. Showing that you’re responsive, engaging, and human will do wonders for your brand. 'No go sidon de look like lukman' grin

There are a whole lot of other things to do, but these are the most important ones, trust me. I believe you got value from this content and it has in some way answered some questions you might have had about using social media platforms to build your personal brand and grow your business.

What did you think I just did BTW grin, I just followed all the steps mentioned above. See for yourself below...lol:

1. I started by identifying my area of Expertise which is Digital Marketing using Facebook and Instagram advertising.
2. I'm using a platform which in this case is Nairaland, business section, with a topic that relates to my content
3. I now engage and dish out quality content. Whether this is regular? Time will tell cheesy. You might as well follow me to find out. Remember, I've not sold anything to you. The only time this business relationship will get to the next level is if you need professional help in Promoting your business online using Facebook.
4. And I joined this discussion, that's why you are seeing this write up the first place...hahaha

So it goes a long way to tell you to practice what you preach grin

Till I see you again...Gbosai!!!

Re: How I Grew My Business Using Social Media Platforms by chuckingTHINGS(m): 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
More Creative Ways to Leverage the Power of Social Media for Personal Branding

Still on Personal branding, I got a lot of feedback and response from various people. Some asked me to write on other ways to go about personal branding leveraging the power of social media to grow ones business.

Among the things we mentioned on how to use social media to build your personal brand and grow your business:
· identify your area of expertise
· find the right groups and forums and join
· engage regularly and dish out quality content
· join discussions and conversations

From experience and interaction with some of my partners, they revealed to me some powerful, helpful and creative ways they use social media for personal branding. So, be rest assured that these works and you must surely get the desired results if implemented correctly.

Fully Update Your Profile:
For chicken’s sake, why will a potential customer or client take you serious when he eventually comes to your profile and sees: ‘Harbimbolar_pweety’ or ‘Harminah_sexy’. That alone is a red flag. If you are serious, take out time to update your profile accordingly and that includes your official name.

Create & Curate Engaging Content:
You need to share content that you have written yourself, to demonstrate your expertise within your industry. This type of content shows you have knowledge of the latest trends in that industry and how it is evolving.
Creating engaging content means taking a fresh approach to the types of updates you share with your network. Do not be afraid to occasionally talk about your own achievements, or even add engaging extras about your personal life (topics such as travel, hobbies). After all, social media is about individuals first. Sharing some of this information provides your audience with a glimpse of who you really are and what you’re about. Create a balance else you will appear like a desperate weirdo �

Keep Your Brand Voice, Image & Tone Consistent:
You must also remain consistent with your ideas and the ways you present them so that you’re memorable and trustworthy. This will also help you not to get your audience confused or lost. Be consistent, it pays in the long run.

So…
Building your personal brand on social media takes some work, so brazen up and let us get down to business. Remember to take the first step. TAKE ACTION!

Till I see you again…Gbosai!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Need 50 Metric Tonnes Of Scrap Batteries / Make Cool Cash Everyday By Selling Cheap Data & Airtime For All Networks!! / I Plan To Stop Working For Others In 5 Years Time. What Can I Start With N5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.