Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu (34902 Views)

Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church / Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Ambode Commissions Ojodu Berger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Kayrich(m): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
easyfem:
Lagos get governor luck sha .... I wish PDP can handle Lagos for just 1 year and u will see aw all diz infrastructure build by Fasola and abode been destroy.... I just hate them

Enemies of progress are here.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by twilliamx(m): 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
Amebo1:
Mumu governor, only commisioning petty petty project despite huge resources Lagos generate.....he is just doing eye services.

is it not someone (Fashola) that constructed Lekki-Ikoyi bridge? what major project has Ambode done? slow poke

Abeg u be my guy it is like every other person is blind to this. Not one single major project. Even the roads are of poor quality.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by GavelSlam: 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
kabaka1:

I don't even know why Nigerian govt wastes money on painting roadside laybys when they know rhe paints will easily be washed away soonest.
sometimes our people just lack logic on using their limited resources

But you love the pictures your cousin in Austria posts on Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Kayrich(m): 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
moufan:
it seems you are blind,dumb and deaf abi?
mention any governor that has performed more than ambode in this dispensation

Ogbeni leave that one jor. With 800billion naira budget this year, no big project.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by ivolt: 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
MrPolitics:
Tbh Ambode isn't as good as they want us to believe. He's simply enjoying the labour of Fashola and Tinubu. That's what stable successive govts can give a state.

The money he's spending is what Fashola and Tinubu put in place. He hasn't found ways to help Lagos make more money. He's been taking heavy debts

The work he's doing is nice but not worth over 800bn. If some other govs like Umahi, Dankwambo, etc had the kind of money he has access to, they would do a lot more

This must be a joke, there is no such money.
State government get moeny from IGR and fedral allaocations,
there is no secret safe where money is being kept.

I am sure you will be one of those who complains when taxies and levies
are increased. Money isn't made from thin air.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Kayrich(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mr Ambode is doing well. At least we see from 2 flyover bridges, how many pedestrial bridges, how many busstop lay-byes. My concern is that I still haven't see the project in the N820b 2017 budget.
Was told he has done a lot in epe. Why is he leaving Ikorodu out? I can confirm ambode hasn't done anything at all in Ikorodu since the beginning of his administration.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by chloride6: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
twilliamx:

Abeg u be my guy is like every other person is blind to this. Not one single major project. Even the roads are of poor quality.

Guys like is no reach 100 for the whole Lagos. If I dey see those stupid generator we them dey use do Light up Lagos eh? I dey vex die.

No single major project. Wasting Diesel up and down.

Trying to paint an uncompleted house.

I would have expected Ambode to further transport where fashola stopped. With that light rail or massive housing projects like 50,000 houses at the end of the tenure.

To cap it off, security is worse than fashola's time because. See how Badoo finish people in to the useless light we The guy dey on.

People need schools, hospitals houses

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by ivolt: 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
toifot:

There is nothing people can do to satisfied you citizen
If you or your relative are given the contract, won't you do it or accept it.

You will find out that these critics usually don't criticize their state governors.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by secpowell: 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
I guess you don't live in Lagos. If you do you will know that Abode has done and completed a lot of major project than any governor in Nigeria. a
Amebo1:
Mumu governor, only commisioning petty petty project despite huge resources Lagos generate.....he is just doing eye services.

is it not someone (Fashola) that constructed Lekki-Ikoyi bridge? what major project has Ambode done? slow poke

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Charly68: 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
deomelo:
This useless governor and his micky mouse projects sha.

This is what Lagosians are getting for N830 billion budget?

This is definitely the lousiest governor in the history of Lagos state.
show us your governors project
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Candybob(m): 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
Nice one.
Someone should tell Ambode, that we need a new road plan for Ikeja too.
The roads are too damn narrow and without properly coordinated exits for a state capital.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Charly68:
show us your governors project

You don't know me, ask around.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
secpowell:
I guess you don't live in Lagos. If you do you will know that Abode has done and completed a lot of major project than any governor in Nigeria. a

Do you mind listing all the so called major projects?

Btw, Aregbe commissioned more projects than any other governor in Nigeria including Ambode and before you come back to argue against what I just asserted, make sure you have your ambode facts ready to compare Aregbe with.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
ivolt:

Lagos IGR increased from N500 million to N23 billion per month under Fashola and the Security trust fund he's buying police cars, helicopters and boats with was created by Fashola, that's what that poster meant.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
ivolt:

You will find out that these critics usually don't criticize their state governors.

Sadly, that incompetent governor I'm Lagos State is my governor.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by AutoReportNG: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
HYBREED:
I swear.... I went ogijo yesterday and I have to tell you that that road is a death trap. Yet he keeps building bus stops...... To even imagine a large signboard welcoming people to Lagos on that badly dilapidated road is nauseating.

Please can you send us pictures please to write in the story?
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
Nothing special! Besides, if the state government is going around commissioning mere lay-by then what are the local government heads doing? Jamboree as this only happens when you have citizens who celebrate mediocrity and cannot ask the important questions.
With the amount of money Lagos state has in its kitty, they are are yet to run a car 1km on the so called Lagos rail. Nigerians nay Lagosians are just ....smh.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
You are an optimistic fool, PDP or APC should be less of your problem. How do you sleep and wake with this kind of thoughts?
easyfem:
Lagos get governor luck sha .... I wish PDP can handle Lagos for just 1 year and u will see aw all diz infrastructure build by Fasola and abode been destroy.... I just hate them
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by MrPolitics: 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
ivolt:

I'm talking about the IGR that Tinubu and Fashola grew. How exactly has the IGR increased since Ambrose's tenure?

That's what I'm saying
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Augiiee(m): 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
deomelo:

Ipob yoot spotted
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
bendike:
Ambode, the best governor Lagos has had. Comparable to Jakande. A people oriented governor unlike Fashola.
Just the street light alone amongst others has impacted so much on the night life and security in Lagos.
I guess the Lagoon Oba knew better.

Obviously, many of you don't know Lagos state and your idea of governance is just shallow and primitive.

1. There's more to managing a state like Lagos state with huge budgets than streetlight, even useless Fayose in ekiti is doing streetlight so what's so special about streetlight?.

2. The power they are powering the street lights cam from where? From the 5 power plants Fashola built and Fashola himself did more streetlighting than any governor in Nigeria.

3. Lagos as state is too congested and can not keep up aggressive continuation with massive infrastructures from bridges, to water works, schools, hospitals, power, transportation, farming, institutional upgrades for efficient delivery. non of which this useless governor have done apart from bus stops and painting curbs.

3. State institutions are falling by the wayside, LAWMA is basically weakened and less efficient hence dirty and pollution returning to Lagos state, LASEPA is totally mute because noise and environmental pollution is returning.

4. The tens of projects Fashola left in different states of completion are still completed wile this joker busy himself with bust stops and motor park.

5. 4th MB is like totally off the table.

From Jakande to Fashola, they all had vision and they set their visionary projects in motion, but not this bus stop painting and LG project governor, he has ZERO vision and he's yet to come up with any visionary project.

..but let it be about party, owambe or celebration, he's the party prefect and MC.

What a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
Augiiee:

Ipob yoot spotted

You don't know me, ask around.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Basfaq(m): 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
deomelo:

Who is this dude
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by kunle4toyeyaho: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
Amebo1:

Ambode doesn't really do big projects.He does projects that are small but have direct impact on citizens. He understands governance than Fashola. That's a fact. Did anybody ever think construction of bus stops will reduce traffic on Lagos rods? Ambode.procured machines to remove green/Spirogyra from Lagos waterways,
Construction of pedestrian bridges where necessary has also tedivrf accident on roads.So,governance is not about embarking on gigantic projects but projects that are mean iful to citizens
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Basfaq(m): 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
MrPolitics:
Tbh Ambode isn't as good as they want us to believe. He's simply enjoying the labour of Fashola and Tinubu. That's what stable successive govts can give a state.

The money he's spending is what Fashola and Tinubu put in place. He hasn't found ways to help Lagos make more money. He's been taking heavy debts

The work he's doing is nice but not worth over 800bn. If some other govs like Umahi, Dankwambo, etc had the kind of money he has access to, they would do a lot more
where the 800b was mentioned.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
kunle4toyeyaho:
Ambode doesn't really do big projects.He does projects that are small but have direct impact on citizens. He understands governance than Fashola. That's a fact. Did anybody ever think construction of bus stops will reduce traffic on Lagos rods? Ambode.procured machines to remove green/Spirogyra from Lagos waterways,
Construction of pedestrian bridges where necessary has also tedivrf accident on roads.So,governance is not about embarking on gigantic projects but projects that are mean iful to citizens

Hospitals, maternity centers, clinics, power, water works, schools, housing estates, skills centers and so on doesn't have impact on people right?....but bus stops and motor park are the only things that impacts people.

How shallow can some of you get.?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by zoedew: 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
MrPolitics:

1. Government is a continuum.
2. Google “Akinwunmi Ambode” read up on him and you’ll see his role in LASG Finances prior to his becoming GOV LASG.
e.t.c.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
Basfaq:
Who is this dude

Ask around.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by Owutuotuo(m): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
nigerianpride:

That is one risk factor that wasn't considered in the design of that place. It just drops the score.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by lloyds(m): 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
This local and useless man that is building fence along all the main roads in Ogba and some Ikeja area. Covering everywhere with fences. .

Instead of focusing on vital projects.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by LorDBolton(m): 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
Blue3k:
Still waiting on light rail line. Who ever commissions that will stroll in lIke Obama after killing Osama. Thats one of majob things it needs to be metropolises. The buses cool I guess. E-ticketing is good.

You need see the progress on CMS -ATLANTIC CITY axis... That plus the proposed lagos-ibadan railway project should be given special attention ...

But mehn lagos is really Dirty! Nowadays ... or would I say the island?

Plus why isn't pipeborne portable drinking water available
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
Let me show you what Fashola was doing in his first 2 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Appointed Nexford University Board Of Directors Member / Abia State : Alex Otti Set To Complete First Road Project In Aba / 150 Sans To Defend CJN At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.