Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest (47812 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad / I Won't Contest Elections Again After 2019 - Buhari / Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by sweetsandy4luv(f): 10:39am On Nov 12, 2017
The Former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has said he is under intense pressure to contest in the 2019 Election. Speaking to Dele Momodu, Goodluck said he is moved to tears, having seeing people shout, “GEJ, we want you back”.

Jonathan, who ruled out the possibility of returning to office, said reflections on his achievements and mistakes make him sober.

“I’m not God but I sincerely doubt the possibility,” Jonathan was quoted to have said in response to a question on the next election.

“People come to me every day saying they want me back. I’m always moved to tears whenever I go out and see the huge crowds shouting GEJ, we want you, even in the north.

“Instead of getting swollen headed, I actually reflect on my achievements and mistakes and feel humbled and feel very sober…

“I have never been a man of inordinate ambition. I’m a man of very modest means. I hardly travel because of the logistical costs. I’ve played my part and I have moved on.”

Asked what he would do if the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gives him its presidential ticket in 2019, he said: “Are you not aware that our party has zoned the presidency to the north, and the chairmanship to the south?

“Even Fayose that has declared his interest may face big challenges because of the decision of our party.”

Source>>>>https://www.newsflashngr.com/gej-insist-im-seriously-pressure-contest-2019-election/

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Cooly100: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2017
Joker!

Even though I don't like APC for being sectional, I will never vote GEJ if he contests again.

252 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Spylord48: 10:45am On Nov 12, 2017
Every politicians is under pressure to contest.I wonder who is really pressurizing them to contest!

280 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 12, 2017
Gej till 2019. Tanoids cum Ipob yoots are fools grin

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Vatsyayana: 10:47am On Nov 12, 2017
Please!!!! Be under serious pressure not to accept!!!

183 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by delugajackson: 11:05am On Nov 12, 2017
I can't believe he said this. Maybe its a statement in error. Don't let people decieve you Oga, they just want to ruin your career finally.

If it didn't work out in 2015, what makes you think its going to work in 2019? Apply wisdom, sir.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Blizzy9ja: 11:08am On Nov 12, 2017
Pls dont accept... Nigerian dont like honest people, they prefer beast, religious bigots and liars... No wonder they're suffering and smiling

314 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by ashjay001(m): 11:14am On Nov 12, 2017
gringringrin

Two cannot fall victim to a lie

If d liar doesnt know he is lying

Then d person being lied to, will definitely, know!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Addme: 11:17am On Nov 12, 2017
If It didn't work out in 2015 even when you were in power,so it's now that APC have tasted power and would go to any length to retain it that you want to become President.
Bros.J,just relax for Otuoke jejely.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by DonVikings: 11:22am On Nov 12, 2017
I am sure Nnamani Kanu's urine drinking Jewish piglets are the ones pressurising him. grin grin

37 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Pavarottii(m): 11:24am On Nov 12, 2017
“Instead of getting swollen headed, I actually reflect on my achievements and mistakes and feel humbled and feel very sober…
“I have never been a man of inordinate ambition. I’m a man of very modest means. I hardly travel because of the logistical costs. I’ve played my part and I have moved on.”

This man oozes of knowledge and humility. How can a man be almost perfect in his speeches.

God give the knowledge and grace u have given this man. AMEN.

"I AM NOT GOD" GEJ.

252 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Pavarottii(m): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2017
delugajackson:
i can't believe he said this. Maybe its a statement in error. Don't let people decieve you Oga, they just want to ruin your career finally.

If it didn't work out in 2015, what makes you think its going to work in 2019? Apply wisdon, sir.
look at who is talking about apply wisdom, when u can't even digest a short knowledgeable response of GEJ. did u ever say he is contesting? read again bro. this time pay attention to each word of his response.

155 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by FRESHG(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2017
HE MUST BE MAD

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by ShowYourCertificate: 11:40am On Nov 12, 2017
People hate this man's humility. They hate him because he makes them look like the devil. But they are actually the devil grin

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by rifasenate11(m): 11:45am On Nov 12, 2017
GEJ... please don't succumb to that pressure. stay and play underground politics for now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by delugajackson: 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
Pavarottii:

look at who is talking about apply wisdom, when u can't even digest a short knowledgeable response of GEJ. did u ever say he is contesting? read again bro. this time pay attention to each word of his response.
The media has got you diick riding GEJ for foolish reasons.

If his intentions for the country was to better the lives of Nigerians and not for selfish reasons, he would not have been kicked out of office.

Politics is a game. He lost the game even before the final whistle.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
Oga GEJ. My sincere advise is: DON'T TRY IT....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Buhari has failed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by davodyguy: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Lol.
Joke of the year, 2017.

Even if Buhari has failed, we should consider another option and not GEJ

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by Joephat(m): 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
angry

My highest mistake was campaigning against this learned President. I actually gave almost ten persons reason to vote apc instead Of GEJ but I always feel guilty when ppl commit suicide and are suffering.

My sister's business actually went down bcz of APC and one man who had proniome Custom job, told me that he can't get me job again bcz of the present govt.

All is well

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by NigerDeltan(m): 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
grin
Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by shortgun(m): 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
We need u back sir

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by hemucology(m): 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
See the guy above me instead of "I need u back"

So nah only u not we

Can't me out

I don't need him back ooooooooooo

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by davodyguy: 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
delugajackson:
I can't believe he said this. Maybe its a statement in error. Don't let people decieve you Oga, they just want to ruin your career finally.

If it didn't work out in 2015, what makes you think its going to work in 2019? Apply wisdom, sir.
He must have been quoted out of context. He didn't plan to come back
Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by coldsummer: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
Lol

Trust me those people asking you to come back are not your friends. ��

Much as the one sitting there is an airhead with a lot of body odour and a whole basket of inactions, nobody wants you back

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by emeijeh(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
This is 2019
The shoeless story is not gonna work this time

I wonder what he will come up with this time.

But in Orubebe's voice. "WE WILL NOT TAKE IT"

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by enemyofprogress: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
The man should stop deceiving himself, if he comes out to contest walahi he go fail woefully pass failure itself

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by victorazyvictor(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
And that has been your weakness. Good leaders don't share tears in public as is sign of defeat.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by enemyofprogress: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
shortgun:
We need u back sir
speak for yourself abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest by PMBtill2023: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
NO WAY......WAIT TILL 2023!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist / Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / Buhari Visits The Olu Of Warri (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.