Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (103111 Views)

Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. / Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by mercyymai(f): 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hello angelsss

I hope all is well? U promise Xmas update, we no see and dz is new yr again.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by AndyGlobal: 10:39am On Jan 15, 2018
Rose if you're done with dis story y not let us knw.
I have sent u countless messages but u kept on ignoring me.I don't think this is the right way to handle whatever situation that you're facing.
Tell us dat you're fine n will update wen chanced or give up already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by emmytemmy: 11:17am On Jan 16, 2018
Angelss,hpe all is well wit u bah?pls let us knw if u will complete dis story or nt cuz i dont knw y pple will put story on nairaland and wont complete it,dis is nt a gud way @ all.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Dsholla: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2018
this waiting now seems forever! just say a word we Cld hold onto to keep our tensed feelings calm, you just left this story unfinished and your readers unattended to
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Sandra23(f): 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
Please read, new short story out now!!

http://sandracreates..com/2018/01/but-im-not_18.html
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Oyinda8100(f): 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2018
Pls update
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Ladycroon(f): 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2018
Hello Angelsss, hope you are alright? What's happening? You are keeping us all worried.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:20am On Feb 19, 2018
Good morning my friends....A lot of you may have forgotten or lost interest in "A bride for November"...

I didn't stay off for a reason.
I have been struggling with a lot of things which I don't want to share here...
I was really I'll, especially during Christmas, but I am fine now...
For those who kept sending me email messages, just to check up, you are the real Gs!

I am back! And This story is long overdue!

watch out for a very long episode!

7 Likes

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by marychommy(f): 3:54am On Feb 19, 2018
welcome back dear. thank God for ur healing waiting for d long episode. welcome once again
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Jasminelove(f): 4:44am On Feb 19, 2018
Welcome back dear thank God for quick recovery, hope everything is fine now

1 Like

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Glorious1985: 7:28am On Feb 19, 2018
Thk God for healing.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Halyma(f): 8:18am On Feb 19, 2018
Welcome back Ma.We glorify God for your recovery.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by princessadeola(f): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2018
Thank Good for healing and welcome back
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Chigold121(f): 10:32am On Feb 19, 2018
Ur healing is permanent IJN, good to have u bak.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Osedagal(f): 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
Welcome back
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by patriciakase(f): 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
Welcome back
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by AndyGlobal: 2:05am On Feb 20, 2018
Yes o ...tnx for reviving dis tori
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by kingzjay(m): 9:43am On Feb 20, 2018
Finally!

The wait is over. Welcome back dear. We waited patiently indeed.

Thank God for healing you. I missed you joor
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by emmytemmy: 10:38am On Feb 20, 2018
Thank God for healing and i pray dt evry storm b still in Jesus name.we dey wait o
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by dupelomo777(f): 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
welcome back, Thank God I didn't give up on the story and thank God for your recovery

1 Like

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 8:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
A Week Later...
She found it difficult to sleep, she couldn’t get him off her mind, what further upset her was the way he totally ignored her and paid maximum attention to her cousin, Mmayen.
‘That bitch has to pay, she can’t have it all’ Marian grumbled as she stepped out of the bathroom.
‘Who’s the bitch? If I may pry’ Tolu who’d been busy with her phone asked, she’d been watching Marian closely these days and she thought it suspicious the way her other friend was acting.
‘None of your business’ Marian hissed and threw the towel on the bed.
She needed to see Ifedayo, she had not seen him for a long time and the time had come for them to re-strategize. She was not going to sit and fold her arms and watch Mmayen take Damola from her, she was going to work hard, and that meant getting her fingers dirty.

‘Is this still about Damola?’ Tolu arched a brow.
She had resolved in her heart to be more careful with Marian who’d become a total stranger overnight. She knew Marian had a lot of bad attitudes, but seeing that strange looking syringe scared her, there was just something off about it.
She had her suspicions but she was not going to act on it, till she had proof.
‘There is a reason a lot of people die Tolu, one of them, is not minding their business, you could fall into that category’ Marian slipped on a sequin dress that dropped on her knees.
Her words stunned Tolu, this Marian was totally different, she bit her lips and shut down the reply that she prepared for her rude friend.
‘I am off to work, see you later’ Marian waved at her and hurried out of the room.
‘Okay, safe journey’ Tolu waved at her.
‘What a nutcase’ Tolu shook her head, she knew Marian was not happy about Mmayen and Damola being together, it was that obvious, but she hated to think, her recent behaviour had any relationship with that.
She decided to take a shower and pay Mmayen a visit at the Tosin family house; Mmayen had never sounded or looked this happy. They chatted most of the time, with Mmayen uploading pictures of herself with Damola and his siblings, his mother sometimes, and this made Tolu really happy. This showed that her friend was in a place where she was being totally accepted. She was in a place where she could sleep with two eyes closed, not having to worry what Ife, the bastard that had almost ruined her life would do.
‘I love you so much’ Tolu smiled as she stared at the new picture Mmayen had just uploaded. Her face was bright with promise and laughter crossed all her features, she was such an angelic sight to behold.

‘Mma and Damola forever!’ Tolu yelled excitedly before hopping towards the bathroom.
The room was cold, darkness hung upon it wearily, it was uninvited of course, but the quietness invited it, the loneliness of the curtains who refused to let in the glory of the sun also called on it.
The room smelt of anger, of pain, of hate and regrets and there was a table, upon it sat two huge bottles of expensive liquor.
He had been this way for two days after discovering a grave secret which his mother had hidden from him. When his best friend, Ubong, had showed him the files, which was supposed to be top secret, he’d laughed it off. He’d denied it, knowing he had been in full control of his father’s business, he’d been sure nothing of that sort would happen.
“What if you ask your dad? Or your mother?” Ubong had suggested.
“I can’t reach my dad and my mother does not know much about the company” Ifedayo had replied.
“Besides, this is not possible, if it were true, we would have been sent a letter” Ife had replied confidently.

‘No...’ he groaned as his tummy rumbled, he had not eaten for two days, he had not taken a bath, so his clothes were soaked in his sweat and tears and his vomit.
How on earth would he survive this shame? He’d been born with a silver spoon, one he’d fought vigorously to protect; one he’d never thought would be gone but now?
What if the news of this shame got to the public? Or his workers? He was going to lose everything; his family was going to lose everything!
‘Lila...!’ he screeched her name, the name that had brought him so much pain.
He was yet to confront his mother about what Ubong and Lila had said, if it were true, then his world had truly fallen apart.
Cold fear gripped him as he thought about such a life, a life without money and a mansion just as his, a life where people would no longer fear him or worship him.
‘No...’ he shook his head, tears rising with such power, this was the first time Ife had cried in a long while.
He felt his phone ring, he ignored it at first as he was not in the right frame of mind to talk to anybody, he just wanted to be alone.
His weakened and sunken eyes regarded the darkness of the room, what was happening to his life? What was happening to him?
His fear about the future was heightened as he thought about Mmayen and Damola being together; his heart raced, blood pumped into his veins as he imagined Damola making love to her. They will so much mock him if he eventually lost everything. How was he going to live with the pain of that humiliation?
He had to do something, he had to know the truth and the only person that could tell him that was his mother and not even Ubong, or Lila Oluwatosin, who had threatened him with an Email message.
He smacked his lips together, his mouth stank and tasted bitter, he was even appalled by the ungodly fragrance that emanated from it.
He felt his phone buzz another time, he decided to take it.
‘Hello...who the Bleep?’ He groaned.
‘Ife...is that you, are you alright?’ a sweet female voice asked.
‘Who the Bleep are you? I feel like licking you all over’ he laughed.
‘Ifedayo? Don’t tell me you are drunk, I need you to open this gate, I have been waiting outside for the past twenty minutes. We need to come up with a plan, one that would destroy Damola and Mmayen forever’ she answered.
The tone of her voice and the sound of it, chased away the tipsiness that he felt; recognition dawned on him as he realized whom he was speaking with, Marian, the woman that he loved, the one that had always been by his side.
‘I am sorry for being so rude, I’ll open the gate’ he replied swiftly and then threw the phone on the ground.
Shame covered him as he stared at the table of his own puke; he couldn’t believe he could act this way.
‘Shit!’ he took off his shirt and decided to stuff it under the chair, where she would not see it.
He hurriedly parted the curtains so a stream of sunlight could come through. Satisfied, with the new arrangement of his room, he took off towards the gate. Hearing her talk about his arch enemy in the person of Damola Tosin, made him sober and happier. He wanted to take that bastard down more than anything, he also wanted to destroy Mmayen for humiliating him, he hated her so much, he hated her more for being with him.
‘Ife!’ Marian screamed as she stared at him, what the hell was going on in his life? He looked totally different from the man she’d once known. He looked dishevelled, he smelt horribly, almost like a lunatic.
‘I am sorry about the way I spoke to you, you don’t need to worry about this...’ he pointed a finger at himself.
‘Huh?’ her mouth fell open.
‘Yes, I’ve got myself under control now, I was a bit terrified and depressed’ he responded and then widened the gate so she could come in.
She stepped in carefully, not too sure if the man before her was in his right frame of mind, for the news she was about to share.
‘We need to deal with Damola fast, we need to end him before he takes away my shine’ Ifedayo licked his lips, he felt so nervous, he wanted things to go back to the way they’d always been in Tomaton Island; where he was the only business mogul and Legacy empire the only one that existed.
Marian was not too sure about that, she had only said those words to cajole him. In fact, her fight with Ife was over, she was no longer on his side, she had come to tell him something different. She had a new battle to fight and the battle had nothing to do with Damola or Ifedayo, it had everything to do with Mmayen.
Ife kept telling her about everything Ubong had said, but she didn’t respond, this baffled him, was she even listening at all?
‘Marian, are you alright?’ He paused and looked into her large eyes.
‘Ife...’ she rubbed her palms together, not knowing where to start from.
‘Yes...any problem?’ He took a deep breath to settle himself.
‘I have been thinking this past week, I have carefully observed how our lives had spanned out. You once loved me and then you dumped me for my cousin Mmayen, and after that, we kept cheating together...’ she waited as he cut in.

‘What are you driving at?’ He raised a brow, fury slowly travelling from his spine to his head.

‘I don’t want us to be together anymore. Now Mmayen is out of the way, you can find yourself another woman to love; she would be really hurt if I date you. You and I can never happen and I am being honest’ she answered.
‘You’re kidding right? Wait, is today, fool’s day?’ Ife chuckled; he stopped as he realized she was being serious.
‘I am serious, dead serious Ife. Let us be true to ourselves, we never loved each other, we just enjoyed the sex. So now everything is over, let us move on with our lives!’ She threw her hands in the air.
He was silent for some minutes; his dark eyes carefully scrutinized her. He had not seen this coming; he had not expected this blow that Marian had launched at him, why was she doing this? How could she leave him now when he needed her the most?

‘Why?’ tears welled up in his eyes.
‘I am sorry, this is the right thing to do’ she replied feeling so relieved. Now the coast was clear, she was going to chase after the love of her life and she would uproot anything that stood in her path.
‘You are a snake Marian...’ Ife licked his lips as his fingers curled together. He knew who Marian was, he knew what thrilled her and the things that made her sad; she was that transparent and he could already see the reason why she was leaving.

‘Excuse me?’ her heart leapt as his accusing eyes bored right deep into her.

Ife wiped his tears and moved closer to where she stood, he didn’t bother about his stinking breath, he just wanted to send her a message, one that would bring her back to her right senses.
‘Do you think that I am a fool? Why do you suddenly care about your cousin? We have cheated on her severally all these years; you encouraged me to hit her so she would break up with me; you even encouraged me and fed me with the idea of terminating her last pregnancy. How dare you propose a break up?’

She was scared as she looked into his eyes, she had not expected this response.
‘Ife, I know we did all these together, but it’s in the past. We have to move on with our lives. I am a changed person and I don’t want Mmayen hurting anymore on my account’ Marian replied.
She had not seen this one coming, she had not known that Ife would be so clingy, how would she work herself through this one?
‘You want to leave me now, because you must have heard that my family is about to lose everything...you never loved me, you were always there for the money’ his voice was low, Marian was breaking his heart.
‘What?’ Marian’s eyes widened, this was the first time she was hearing this.
‘Yes, I am not sure of it, but there is an iota of truth in what I heard. You want to leave me because I would no longer be the Ife that you knew a d fell in love with’ he replied.
She could see the truth in his eyes, he was not lying. She even felt more excited, that she had taken the decision to leave him before learning of this new development.
What business did Marian have with a broke man? How would Ife survive the shame of losing everything and submitting to Damola?
‘No...’ she shook her head, that was the reason she needed to move to the winning team.
‘It is true, but that should not be enough reason for you to leave me’ he said.
‘Let us come up with a plan, we could still work together, we could destroy Damola somehow and take all what belongs to him’ Ife searched his mind for ideas, his eyes were shut.
Marian scoffed as she stared at him, what Ife didn’t understand was that she was already through with him. She was in love with someone else, and that someone was Damola, how could she hurt the man that she loved?
‘I don’t want to do anything that would hurt Mmayen, she is in love with Damola and I wouldn’t want to ruin her happiness’ Marian lied, using Mmayen as a cover would not make him suspicious of the feelings she had for Damola.
‘Bleep Mmayen!’ Ife cried in a loud voice, staggering backwards.
‘I am sorry Ife, I didn’t mean for us to end like this’ she cried.
‘If you leave me, I would tell Mmayen about what we did to her baby and how we were sleeping with each other...’ Ife steadied himself and stared at her.
Marian’s knees felt weak, they almost gave way but she maintained her stand. One look at his blazing eyes, told her he was not bluffing.
How was she going to get herself out of this mess?
She had spent a week in the Oluwatosin mansion, which was just as beautiful as she remembered it. There were tall tropical palms all over the place, flowers in their numbers and a huge swimming pool.
She had never felt this loved, she had never felt this wanted; somehow, spending time with this beautiful family had made her forget all her pain and misery in the hands of Ifedayo. It seemed Damola and his family were angels, one that God had sent time after time to rescue her.
First, the night when the house was on fire and now, when she had just lost her baby.
She flowed well with everyone in the house. Aunt Imisi’s face now took shape in her mind as she recognized her, she remembered seeing the woman in Iris’ garden, the woman was Damola’s talkative aunt. Eniola, was really kind to her, Damola’s mother treated her like a real pet, it even nauseated her sometimes, the way the woman treated her, liem a real baby.
Was it Lila or Denzel? Everyone was nice to her, everyone...except the old man who kept his distance from her, which she found odd as he had been really playful and jovial when she was younger.
Mmaeyen had been swimming alone, dancing with her thoughts, analyzing the inhabitants of the mansion in her mind. This place felt like home, she was welcome, she was at peace.
‘Aren’t you tired of swimming; you are not a fish you know...’
Mmayen laughed and pulled her face out of the water at the sound of Lila’s voice; she had also noticed something odd about Lila.
While they were younger, Lila wasn’t that close to her, but right now? She seemed to show up everywhere Mmayen went, which she thought odd.
‘What if I was a fish in my former life?’ Mmayen replied with a high pitched laugh.
‘You wish! You were a monkey!’ Lila chuckled as she drew closer to the pool, there were three chairs next to the pool, so she settled into one.

‘A pretty monkey I guess...’ Mmayen could tell Lila wanted to discuss something with her, so she decided her little swimming exercise was over.
‘Where’s your brother by the way?’ Mmayen stepped out of the pool and quickly covered her body with a towel that she had placed on one of the chairs.
‘He left the house really early with Denzel. They went to supervise the building of the country brand of Marisoft’ Lila replied with a yawn.

‘I see...’ Mmayen took a seat next to her.
Her mind was now focused on the man that had rescued her from the beast she had thought loved her. Damola had brought light to her world, he had made her see things differently, see herself differently and she regretted the things she had done, had suffered all in the name of love.
It had been a week since she lost her pregnancy, the one Ifedayo had destroyed, a week since she had gotten over him, a week that marked her total healing.
‘You seem really happy here...’ Lila remarked as she ran her eyes over Mmayen’s pretty face.
‘And it seems that you are reading my thoughts’ Mmayen replied.
‘I am just happy you could get over it...’ Lila licked her lips nervously, not

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
Lila licked her lips nervously, not knowing how to begin.
‘Stop, it’s okay, I am fine Lila’ Mmayen rolled her eyes knowing what Damola’s sister was about to say.
‘No, let me say it. I have never been with child before, so I cannot fathom the pain you felt when you lost it. I am sorry for everything, I am glad Damola found you before it was too late’ Lila continued.
Tears welled up in her eyes as she remembered that fateful day; she had been too careless to notice the pretence that brimmed in his eyes as she had served her food, but it was too late to regret now.
‘I don’t know what happened, but Damola took away all my pain. I am happy I am alive, I will have other children as compensation for the ones I lost...’ she blinked away the tears.
Damola had been so kind to her, he had treated her like a queen and he always called her “angel”. It was impossible to resist this good mannered and caring man, over the days and nights she had spent in the Tosin mansion, she realized her adulation of him was rising stronger, and stronger like the pyramids of Egypt, and they baffled her greatly.
‘Enough about the past, let us talk about you and I, I want us to be close, we were never close as kids’ Lila said.
‘The reason is obvious...I am older than you’ Mmayen laughed and then winked.
‘Shut up! Age does not matter’ Lila sniggered.
‘It does Smallie!’ Mmayen tongued Lila, she was about to say more when her phone buzzed.
She raised a finger up and checked through her phone, her eyes gleamed with expectation as she read the text from Tolu, who had planned to visit her.
As she read the text, she thought of her cousin, Marian. Something was off about her, they had not spoken to each other for a weak, she had sent her cousin messages, called her but Marian had never returned either the calls or the messages.
‘Is that from your lover?’ Lila bit her lip.
‘I don’t have a lover, we both know that’ Mmayen sighed.
‘Oh...Damola does’ Lila replied.
Apart from her duty of watching Mmayen closely to protect her from her mischievous mother and aunt, she had come to the pool on errand.
Many people were not aware that the bold and very handsome Damola was also shy when it came to expressing his feelings. He couldn’t contain his joy since Mmayen had walked away from her abusive relationship with Ifedayo Legacy, it showed they were meant to be together.
He loved her very deeply, but he was scared of opening himself up. What if she still had feelings for her ex lover? What if she didn’t feel anything for him? This was the reason he’d sent his younger sister, who was good at making enquiries, to find the answers that his heart sought.
Her heart skipped as she heard that he had a lover.
‘Oh, he does have a girlfriend?’ Mmayen felt pain clog her throat, one that transformed her voice into a whisper. For some reason, she felt this sadness as she thought of him with another.
‘Yes...how can you even imagine a man like my brother being single? He is hot, sexy, hardworking and rich, all that a woman could ever dream of’ Lila watched her face the whole time.
‘Oh...’ Mmayen could hear her heart thumping, her feelings were strange to her. She was happy for him, no doubt, but, she was also sad as she imagined him being with someone else.
She found it difficult to push Damola out of her thoughts, she was convinced that he had felt the same way about her and she had caught him looking at her with so much longing, apparently, she had misread his stares.
‘Are you okay?’ Lila touched her shoulder lightly.
‘Of course I am, I just have a little headache, maybe I should go inside the house’ Mmayen touched her forehead lightly.

‘Um, no, let me get you some aspirin, sorry’ Lila quickly jumped to her feet, knowing her mother was right inside the house.
‘Okay, that would still be fine’ Mmayen accepted her help.
Lila rose to her feet and matched briskly away feeling accomplished. It was so glary, her body language couldn’t deny the way her heart beat, Mmayen was in love with her brother, so all Damola needed to do was confess his feelings to her.
‘So long’ she snorted as she hurried towards the house.
‘No, I have no right to feel this way about him. All he ever did was to care for me and rescue me from Ife...’ Mmayen shook her head, and decided she would kill whatever feelings she had for Damola.
She had been so deep in her thoughts that she failed to notice her friend, Tolu, who had just walked into the Oluwatosin mansion.
‘A penny for your thoughts...’ Tolu clutched tightly to her bag, wondering what was on Mmayen’s mind.
‘Geez! You scared me’ Mmayen almost jumped to her feet.
‘Sorry, You look...’Tolu held her breath, this new version of Mmayen was so beautiful and happy.
Her brown skin glowed attractively like pure honey; her eyes were totally relaxed and their brown pools glazed under the sunlight.
‘Astonishing...’ she found the words after few seconds of ransacking her brain.
‘Thank you...he...Da...Damola has been really nice to me, his family too’ she finally found the courage to say his name.
Tolu was no stranger to Mmayen’s moods, she could tell Mma was not comfortable about something.
‘Slow down, you are not okay, what is it?’ Tolu asked.
Mmayen took a deep breath, there was so much that she had on her mind, that she couldn’t discuss with anyone here.
‘I think I have feelings for Damola, I feel so stupid’ Mmayen felt defeated.
‘Stupid?’ Tolu’s eyes grew wide, why would her friend say something like that? It was obvious that Damola was nuts about her.
‘Yes, I just came out of an abusive relationship and here I am falling for another hot guy. Who does that? You know what’s worse? He has a lover, Lila confirmed it’ she explained.
‘Really?’ Tolu raised a brow.
She had a vast experience when it came to the things of the heart, one thing was for sure, Damola was not seeing anyone. He was in love with Mmayen.
‘You don’t look like you believe me...’ Mmayen watched her friend closely.
‘Because it is not true, maybe his sister does not like you and wants another woman for her brother. That could be the reason that she is coming up with such a huge lie.’ Tolu replied.

‘Are you sure about this? Lila does not lie...I don’t think she would. Why would she do something like that?’ Mmayen wondered.
‘How close are you to Lila? What was she like as a kid?’ Tolu fingered her chin.
‘Truth be told, we were not that close during childhood.’ Mmayen replied.
‘Then you don’t her that much, human beings are unpredictable. They are just like the chameleon, pink today, green the next, our job is to be watchful’ Tolu advised.
‘Thanks, I just don’t know how it happened...but I find myself thinking about him all the time. He has been so nice to me, he made me forget that bastard, I just wish...’ tears sprang up in her eyes.
She wished many things. She wished that her parents had never died in the fire; that Damola’s love would’ve found her earlier; if all those things had happened, there was no way she would have ended up with someone like Ifedayo.
‘We live in the real world and not one designed by the wishes of our heart. If what you feel for Damola is love, then take it, chase it and make him yours.’ Tolu reached for her hand and caressed it softly.
A bright smile spread across Mmayen’s face as she stared into Tolu’s eyes.
‘I always feel better after talking to you...’ she was about asking after Marian, her cousin who seemed to be mad at her for no just cause when Tolu’s phone rang, interrupting this special moment.

She pulled her hands away from Mmayen and took a quick look at it.
‘I am sorry, I have to take this right now’ Tolu placed the phone against her ears.
‘Go ahead, no problem’ Mma nodded.
‘Hello Ma, My name is Santos Elba and I am calling from Smookwich Medical Laboratory...’
‘Oh, Good afternoon Mr Elba, have you examined the sample I dropped in your lab?’
‘Yes Madam, it is a very poisonous substance. One that could destroy a pregnancy, harm anyone who comes in contact with it. I would like to pry a bit, where did you get this dangerous chemical from?’
Tolu’s mouth dropped, she quickly took the phone off her ears and stared at it.
Was this a dream? Could this be true?
‘Are you alright?’ Mmayen could see the look on her friend’s face, it was not one that accompanied good news.
‘No...’ Tolu’s voice was broken.
She knew Marian was not happy about Damola’s relationship with Mmayen, but she found it difficult to believe Marian was behind Mmayen’s miscarriage.
But to what end?
Tolu was afraid, for herself, for Mmayen. The amount of fluid in that syringe had been plenty, what if Marian had not just planned to terminate the pregnancy? What if she had other plans like killing Mmayen?
Trust was a luxury she could not afford. The laboratory had confirmed what the substance was, it was poisonous.
‘Mmayen, I don’t think Ifedayo was behind your miscarriage.’ Tolu said.
‘I don’t understand, what are you talking about? He did it! He poisoned me...’ Mmayen shook her head.
‘I don’t know what to believe...but I am very sure her hands are not clean’ Tolu closed her eyes firmly as she imagined a thousand ways to tell he friend that her cousin was plotting her own death.
‘Who are you talking about? Is this still about Lila?’ Mmayen was confused.
‘No...’ Tolu shook her head. She decided she had to do it, no matter what happened, even if she lost Mmayen’s friendship forever, she was prepared to do it.
‘Tell me, talk to me’ Mmayen was on her feet now.
‘I know it is going to be really hard for you to believe, but the results have just been sent in PDF form to my mailbox. There is something that I must tell you about Marian...’

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Halyma(f): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
Thanks ma. Such a lengthy update.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Joislim(f): 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
Thanks for the lengthy update.
welcome back
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by aprilwise(m): 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
finally this story don continue. wellcome back
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by mercyymai(f): 10:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
So lenghty. Thanks for the update.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by FortunateB(f): 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
Welcome back and thanks for the update
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by AndyGlobal: 3:04am On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks so much dear for this lengthy update.
Bless your soul Sweety
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by PrudySara(f): 10:26am On Feb 22, 2018
Wow...such a lengthy one. Thanks Angelsss
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by emmytemmy: 12:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hmmm,human being sha.God will help us.interesting.tnax angel for ur update.kudos
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by cbella(f): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
Glad you are back with long updates

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Undecided / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.