Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (29720 Views)

Work Advice Needed For My Parent. / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Kobicove(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
fernandoc:
what an elder sees sitting down.... you know the rest. Maybe your father has seen that with your input in his church it will grow to the likes of Rccg and Winners and you being his son will inherit it and have a secure future. The path with the least resistance is not always the surest path.

You nailed it...

His father wants him to come help grow the family business

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by 400billionman: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:
Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I am a guy of 30 years of age who graduated with BA Degree last year. I couldn't go for youth service because of my age. So I decided to get myself an apartment and started hustling and hunting for job. I recently got a job which promise a great future even though the pay at the moment is not much. I also have a girlfriend who school in one of the federal polytechnics. My father is a Pastor, pastoring a small church in the same state I live.

Now the issue at hand is that my father wants me to leave my apartment and move back home (until probably when I am ripe for marriage I guess). He has been on this for quite sometime of which I told him I can't move back home with them at my age and moreover, its a rented apartment (My parents never build house).

Today, he dropped a bomb. He commanded me to pack all my things and move back home to come and help him with d church within 7 days else, he will see to it that I am sacked from my new work in one way or the other and also threaten to pray to God to make my girlfriend jilt me (coz she is one of d reasons why I don't want to move back home according to him).

I don't want to move back home at my age. I always pray against it as I see such act as pointing to a backward step in my life. I have managed to setup my apartment to taste and also aiming to marry my present girlfriend.

Do I yield to my father's "come back home" instruction or do I stand on my decision not to? PLEASE ADVISE.

THEY ARE TRYING TO DESTROY YOUR LIFE.

When Peter thought he was advising Jesus that he shouldnt die on the cross, Jesus told him, " GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN ".

If Apostle Peter could be called SATAN by Jesus, Bro, I can tell you that the DEVIL is using your father to draw your life backwards by at least 5 years.

Read from GENESIS to REVELATION, you will discover that the age of Maturity for men is 30. That is the age a man separates from his parents. Women is 25. If your parents are still controlling you at 30, you are a big fool.

Even Jesus started his earthly ministry at the age of 30. The devil is using so many parents to destroy the lives of their children, when they see you want to settle down with somebody you love deeply, they start quoting the bible for you and prophecies to confuse you until you miss your LIFE HELPER. Yet they MARRIED who they loved.

Isnt that selfishness ?

One thing you cannot deceive is your HEART.

Thats why you hear people say, FOLLOW YOUR HEART.

Don't listen to them.

One woman told her daughter that she is too beautiful for me.

Hahahahaha..

ILLITERATE AFRICAN PARENTS. Small thing dey begin curse and threaten.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by KINGS100(m): 7:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
you are a grown ass man act like it, don't go back home.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by femijck(m): 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
@op...

If u remember sometimes back I post a topic about cutting d cord with my father....and I stood my ground and made it clear to him that at my age I can make decisons for myself.

He got so mad at me, alot of people gave me advice here.....but trust me since then ,he has stop all sort of domineering behaviour....he now encourage and guide me rather than making decisions for me.

Moving back home at your age to help Ur father without a particular means of income for urself is a BIG step towards failure and depression...and being a rented apartment makes it worst.

It's a pity your education is a bit slow but it's better than never and could this be d reason he still sees u as a kid.....Now listen, no parent would pray for their children downfall except d real evil ones....I considered whatever your dad said a threat. Take your stand...Most succesful hustlers u see today av also been in a similar scenario before....one of the hardest decision for African parent is to let their kids free and move out of the house....it has never been a easy step for anyone...but fight it with wisdom.

Involve any elderly person to talk to him or any of his siblings that u have a relationship with. Stand Ur ground and don't return to that house for any reason if u don't want to be a failure or die of depression ( d moment u start depending on them for food at 30, u know only God can intervene in Ur case)....once u move in, moving out won't be easy anymore.

If it requires u to be unreachable for a while do it...once they can't reach u, and they know it's for that reason of moving in ....trust me Ur mum will start withdrawing from Ur father's wish and start advising him against it. By that u have broken their unity on that topic.... During this period, send them any small thing u can afford to show u care and before u know it, d next time u reach Ur mum d story will be changing gradually....your mum will win his heart for u.

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by tunize(m): 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
If nor b sey u said ur father nau i swear i for mke i rest at 30 ur papa still want to be feeding you and he is even praying or threatening u with ur job haba d prayer of every parents na to see dem children stand do their thing on their own nor b dis case ooh. All d same am speechless na family mttr
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by amunkita(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:
Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I am a guy of 30 years of age who graduated with BA Degree last year. I couldn't go for youth service because of my age. So I decided to get myself an apartment and started hustling and hunting for job. I recently got a job which promise a great future even though the pay at the moment is not much. I also have a girlfriend who school in one of the federal polytechnics. My father is a Pastor, pastoring a small church in the same state I live.

Now the issue at hand is that my father wants me to leave my apartment and move back home (until probably when I am ripe for marriage I guess). He has been on this for quite sometime of which I told him I can't move back home with them at my age and moreover, its a rented apartment (My parents never build house).

Today, he dropped a bomb. He commanded me to pack all my things and move back home to come and help him with d church within 7 days else, he will see to it that I am sacked from my new work in one way or the other and also threaten to pray to God to make my girlfriend jilt me (coz she is one of d reasons why I don't want to move back home according to him).

I don't want to move back home at my age. I always pray against it as I see such act as pointing to a backward step in my life. I have managed to setup my apartment to taste and also aiming to marry my present girlfriend.

Do I yield to my father's "come back home" instruction or do I stand on my decision not to? PLEASE ADVISE.

Believe it or not, ur father is a fake pastor.

He needs u to take ova the powers that be when his gone.

Sincerely, i would not return if i am in ur shoes.

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by StankovicEgeni(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
The fact that your dad left his parents,found a woman, married her, birthed you justifies why you musnt return home. If you do that, it would be tantamount to saying you have no goal nor direction nor purpose and can be akin to an object being tossed to and fro by the wind on the sea until it's tossed ashore . Truth is : geography is key if a man would succeed in life . Abraham had to relocate, never looking back before he prospered . Listen , he who puts his hand to the bow and looks back is unfit for the kingdom of H .

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ishilove:
What kind of father will pray for his son to be sacked? He stands on the altar every Sunday to pray for people but wants to curse his own son because the boy has chosen his own path in life.

Op, stand your ground and use prayer to counter prayer. God is not a confusionist and He will set things straight
Why not leave his church entirely and cut off from him for the time being. You are too close to him that's why
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by tunize(m): 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
Lalas247:
You are an adult and grown at 30 !
Please DO NOT MOVE BACK home

The only time that should even happen is if you are seriously struggling financially and have no way out ... you can go back home and restart .. at least you’ll have a roof over your head and food ..but if you are doing ok my dear struggle and hustle better..... they will respect u more at the end
I disagree even if financial problem self dts why person na man.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by josessybj: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
If you refuse to move back home he will see that you sacked from your new work. You call him a pastor tell him to give his life to Chris?

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Edonojie007(m): 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
Finstar:

Your mentality is very shallow I must say.. What do you mean by female NLer? That female NLer might be able to feed your entire village. That female NLer might be the one paying your parents their monthly paycheck. What beef have you got with females? It's time you shade off these lame archeic mindset and embrace revolution. Gender equality is here to stay and majority of females are doing better than most men in all spheres of life. Your gf and exs might be among the majority of females with fish brain doesn't mean every girl is. Mind what you post on a public forum such as this..

Thank You.
Bloody Feminist! See Your Life. Gender Equality. U Think God Created A Man And A Woman The Same. And Before You Reply Rubbish, God Said " It Is Not Good For The Man To Be Alone,lets Make Him An Help Mate" Help Mate. Assistant.

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
oga change ur phone number and make sure ur parents dont contact you for up to a month. dem tink say u still be baby, change am for them

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by encryptjay(m): 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hello Sir,
To be honest, if you take that move, it's going to be a bad decision. You'll be complacent and you won't want to improve your life.
Responsibility- You get to be responsible and know how to survive. You get to pay rent, bills etc
Planning-Staying alone enables you to trigger something in you that makes you start planning and organizing stuff better.
Motivation-Staying in your dad's house will keep you less motivated about achieving things.
Development-Your in a stage where you need to develop yourself as fast as possible cos time is running.
Sometimes, you have to learn to say NO.
Talk to him, his friends and let him see reason.
It's imperative you hold your ground cos you're in another phase of life.

I wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by khain(f): 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
My dear, i am not a man and don't know the reltionshp ties u had with ur parent, but will advice you to open up to ur dad as a man n let him understand why u intend to be alone. If he persist let me tell u a secret, (involve someone u know he listened to n respect) to talk to him in order to avoid parental curse n their wahala. That can help, talking out of experience, try n see.....

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ije004:
Listen to your father. Please move out on your 50th birthday.
Are you actually serious ? or just a satire ?
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Homguy(m): 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

You are a man! Since i was 28 i have rented my own apartment and have plans for my life. You cannot and should not move back to yiur parents house for any reason whatsoever, Your father is just being selfish!

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by oprah007(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
toyetade:
Are you actually serious ? or just a satire ?
No, he is not. smiley
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by tunize(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

She is in support of my Dad. Has always been. Its giving me headache but my spirit, body and soul does not move back home. I am only scared of my father's threats of cursing my relationship and working towards my sack.
Bros sori to sey this notn dey happen.... All na empty threat abeg wait we fit swap papa i tink he needs a son like me(no disrespect).
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Glomoni: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

She is in support of my Dad. Has always been. Its giving me headache but my spirit, body and soul does not move back home. I am only scared of my father's threats of cursing my relationship and working towards my sack.

Don't be afraid of the curse, it's effectiveness is dead on arrival,... cos u did nothing to him. At 30, ur no longer getting younger. Does he want you to move backward instead of forward??.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Crazytrump(m): 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
The situation is dicey....his father might have a reason for saying such but might not want to disclose it..
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Finstar: 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Edonojie007:

Bloody Feminist! See Your Life. Gender Equality. U Think God Created A Man And A Woman The Same. And Before You Reply Rubbish, God Said " It Is Not Good For The Man To Be Alone,lets Make Him An Help Mate" Help Mate. Assistant.

Not only are you lame, you're also a religious bigot. Point of correction, I don't subscribe to your definition of feminism. If advocating for equal right is a sin, may I continue sining. Funny part is, you know nothing about Christianity. I don't even exhaust time arguing with close minded fellow like you. A white man came, took your lands, rape your women, took your oil and gave you a book in return and you're here claiming dominance over the female gender. Keep on masturbating on something you know nothing of. Foolishness of the highest order.

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by EkoErrands: 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Go and get a court injunction on his ass....make sure you ask for damages that will close down his church if he tries any nonsens*
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by tishbite41(m): 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
fernandoc:
what an elder sees sitting down.... you know the rest. Maybe your father has seen that with your input in his church it will grow to the likes of Rccg and Winners and you being his son will inherit it and have a secure future. The path with the least resistance is not always the surest path.
words of a sage
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by RALPHOW(m): 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
My first question is what type of church? Spiritual, Pentecostal or Orthodox.
2. Are you sleeping with your girlfriend?
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by RALPHOW(m): 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
2. Are you sleeping with your girlfriend in the house?
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by 400billionman: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
efighter:
Your father threatened to see that you are sacked and pray your girlfriend jilt you? I respect elders, so I will say nothing.

He is a wicked Father.

Nothing concern me.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by oprah007(m): 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
RALPHOW:
2. Are you sleeping with your girlfriend in the house?

1. Pentecostal

2. Well, I can't possibly sleep with her outside the house. If what you are trying to know is if I have had sex with my gf. Yes I have.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by quintybabe(f): 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

This remind me of my dad and I, my own worst pass yours. We use to fight about everything from my hair style to my choice of clothe, make up and Jewry. I have been called names such as Bastard, prostitute, just name it. I have been threatened with curse much more than i can count. My dad usual sings it to my hearing that his spirit isnt happy with me whenever he sees me and will even tell me God isnt happy with me either. There was a time I dread my hair and my dad told me to loose it and I told him I can't, all hell was let loose, everybody at home beg me to listen and just do what he wants but i stood my ground and carry that harhair for 3 month, i was expecting the worst But nothing happened. after service year I told my dad I wanted to visit a guy, there's nothing he didn't say, imagine after serving in northern Nigeria for a whole year, I can't even go out but now they are all praying I get married in my mid thirty. When I got tired of their drama, I moved out of the house at 32. See you will bethe to suffer the consequences of their actions cause it is your life.i Advice you to stand your ground, they will quote scriptures about obeying ur parent and blabla but they won't mention where bible admonish them to not provock their children to anger. Your case is even better you are a man, you better learn to make decisions for yourself else they will control you like a puppet. I forgot to mention that my dad is a pastor too

9 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by 400billionman: 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Baffles me a lot and makes me wanna cry. What on earth can a son do to his father to warrant such moves.

Can I say that your father is a HATER ?

HATER ALERT !
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by quintybabe(f): 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
quintybabe:

This remind me of my dad and I, my own worst pass yours. We use to fight about everything from my hair style to my choice of clothe, make up and Jewry. I have been called names such as Bastard, prostitute, just name it. I have been threatened with curse much more than i can count. My dad usual sings it to my hearing that his spirit isnt happy with me whenever he sees me and will even tell me God isnt happy with me either. There was a time I dread my hair and my dad told me to loose it and I told him I can't, all hell was let loose, everybody at home beg me to listen and just do what he wants but i stood my ground and carry that harhair for 3 month, i was expecting the worst But nothing happened. after service year I told my dad I wanted to visit a guy, there's nothing he didn't say, imagine after serving in northern Nigeria for a whole year, I can't even go out but now they are all praying I get married in my mid thirty. When I got tired of their drama, I moved out of the house at 32. See you will bethe to suffer the consequences of their actions cause it is your life.i Advice you to stand your ground, they will quote scriptures about obeying ur parent and blabla but they won't mention where bible admonish them to not provock their children to anger. Your case is even better you are a man, you better learn to make decisions for yourself else they will control you like a puppet. I forgot to mention that my dad is a pastor too!
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by femijck(m): 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
femijck:
@op...

If u remember sometimes back I post a topic about cutting d cord with my father....and I stood my ground and made it clear to him that at my age I can make decisons for myself.

He got so mad at me, alot of people gave me advice here.....but trust me since then ,he has stop all sort of domineering behaviour....he now encourage and guide me rather than making decisions for me.

Moving back home at your age to help Ur father without a particular means of income for urself is a BIG step towards failure and depression...and being a rented apartment makes it worst.

It's a pity your education is a bit slow but it's better than never and could this be d reason he still sees u as a kid.....Now listen, no parent would pray for their children downfall except d real evil ones....I considered whatever your dad said a threat. Take your stand...Most succesful hustlers u see today av also been in a similar scenario before....one of the hardest decision for African parent is to let their kids free and move out of the house....it has never been a easy step for anyone...but fight it with wisdom.

Involve any elderly person to talk to him or any of his siblings that u have a relationship with. Stand Ur ground and don't return to that house for any reason if u don't want to be a failure or die of depression ( d moment u start depending on them for food at 30, u know only God can intervene in Ur case)....once u move in, moving out won't be easy anymore.

If it requires u to be unreachable for a while do it...once they can't reach u, and they know it's for that reason of moving in ....trust me Ur mum will start withdrawing from Ur father's wish and start advising him against it. By that u have broken their unity on that topic.... During this period, send them any small thing u can afford to show u care and before u know it, d next time u reach Ur mum d story will be changing gradually....your mum will win his heart for u.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by JamesReacher(m): 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
Some parents are the cause of the downfall of their children.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men Who Married At 24, 25, 26, 27. Do You Regret It? / Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M / Bride Gets A Peck From Her Granny (Adorable Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.