Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me (4674 Views)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / 2000-Year-Old Ritual Bath Found In Gethsemane Where Jesus Spent Final Night (Pix / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
"Show me in the Bible where Jesus said I am God and you should worship me." Christians are asked by moslems to provide the evidence of the divinity of Jesus Christ. Can we also ask the moslems to show evidences to support where Jesus said " I am only a prophet, do not worship me?"
Did Jesus ever made claims only God could make?
This video explains it all, please watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS-lLTfCI7c
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by PenlsCaP: 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
But he He said "I and My Father are 1"

3 Likes

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:
You are right about this. Prophet Isaiah who foretold His birth says His name shall be "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

2 Likes

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by PenlsCaP: 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
jfolorun:

You are right about this. Prophet Isaiah who foretold His birth says His name shall be "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Yes thats Who he is.

1 Like

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Peacefullove: 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:

and that means what ?

didn't he say his apostles will also be one just as he is one with his father.

so whatever submission you infer from his statement must likewise apply to his disciples , because he said " Just as " , are you now ready to admit that ?

2 Likes

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by PenlsCaP: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
Peacefullove:

and that means what ?

didn't he say his apostles will also be one just as he is one with his father.
so whatever submission you infer from his statement must likewise apply to his disciples , because he said " Just as " , are you now ready to admit that ?

Do u kno abt blessed trinity?
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Peacefullove: 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:

oh, tell me about it ?
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by PenlsCaP: 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
Peacefullove:

oh, tell me about it ?

3persons in one God.
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by uboma(m): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
jfolorun:

But Jesus Christ is not the Almighty God.

Jesus Christ was created by a Superior Spirit.
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by uboma(m): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:

What is blessed about the Trinity?
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
uboma:

But Jesus Christ is not the Almighty God.

Jesus Christ was created by a Superior Spirit.
I disagree Sir, the Bible is clear about the identity of Jesus. He is the Creator and not a created being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by newsynews: 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
Empiree abdelkabir rilwayne001 vedaxcool aminusanti udatso FriendNG

come and watch this awesome video so that you won't go about ignorantly asking the stupid question "where did Jesus say, I am God worship me? "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Empiree: 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
newsynews:
Emp.iree ab.delkabir ri.lwayne001 vedaxc.ool aminu.santi uda.tso Friend.NG

come and watch this awesome video so that you won't go about ignorantly asking the stupid question "where did Jesus say, I am God worship me? "
when you sort this out with your fellow christians (unitarians), who don't believe Jesus is God, only then you can get muslims involved.

Btw, the David Wood of all people? grin He is quoting Bible according to others not Bible according to Jesus himself. grin cheesy Abeg, tell David Wood that he is not that smart embarassed
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Amberon11: 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
The question should be, "why was Mohammed the only prophet without a prophecy"?

1 Like

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by udatso: 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
Empiree:
when you sort this out with your fellow christians (unitarians), who don't believe Jesus is God, only then you can get muslims involved.

Btw, the David Wood of all people? grin He is quoting Bible according to others not Bible according to Jesus himself. grin cheesy Abeg, tell David Wood that he is not that smart embarassed
You better tell him oooo. It's like he is a new comer in this forum. or is it possible he doesn't know or believe there are Unitarians?

2 Likes

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by uboma(m): 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
jfolorun:

I disagree Sir, the Bible is clear about the identity of Jesus. He is the Creator and not a created being.

Kindly read the Bible book of Colosians chapters 1 verses 12-15.

the Bible describes Jesus Christ as the "first born of every creature".

https://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/colossians/1.html

This implies that God Almighty created Jesus Christ first.....

1 Like

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Rilwayne001: 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
newsynews:

The problem I have now is not whether Jesus claim to be God or not, the problem I have now is the
Bible.
Once we can establish the veracity of the Bible, then we can discuss what's there in.

But the question still stands anyway.
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Empiree: 6:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
udatso:

You better tell him oooo. It's like he is a new comer in this forum. or is it possible he doesn't know or believe there are Unitarians?
Possibly, but at the same time, he appears to acquainted with us for the fact that he mentioned our monikers perfectly.
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by newsynews: 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
Empiree:

It's no like there is no division among Muslims too. They have Sunni and Shia divide. Should that stop me from tackling whatever they bring against Christianity? No.

Guy, your failure to address the video on the grounds of a divide in Christianity is just a way to excuse yourself from the truth which you can't tackle.
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by newsynews: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
Empiree:

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by newsynews: 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The problem I have now is not whether Jesus claim to be God or not, the problem I have now is the
Bible.
Once we can establish the veracity of the Bible, then we can discuss what's there in.

What you just did is the typical Islamic tactics when confronted with obvious Bible truth.

Muslims ask for certain clarity in the Bible and boast that such can't be found therein. When shown to them beyond dispute, they resort to an Islamic tactic that sees them questioning the veracity of the Bible.

Where was this tactics when you lots love to pull verses wrongly to show that the Bible spoke of Mohammad?

Now, where in the Quran does it expressly state that the Bible has been corrupted? I wonder why Muslims hold this notion. This is what has been used to deceive them from accepting the truth the book holds.
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by newsynews: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The problem I have now is not whether Jesus claim to be God or not, the problem Once we can establish the veracity of the Bible, then we can discuss what's there in.

What you just did is the typical Islamic tactics when confronted with obvious Bible truth.

Muslims ask for certain clarity in the Bible and boast that such can't be found therein. When shown to them beyond dispute, they resort to an Islamic tactic that sees them questioning the veracity of the Bible.

Where was this tactics when you lots love to pull verses wrongly to show that the Bible spoke of Mohammad?

Now, where in the Quran does it expressly state that the Bible has been corrupted? I wonder why Muslims hold this notion. This is what has been used to deceive them from accepting the truth the book holds.
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by waldigit: 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
jfolorun:
"Show me in the Bible where Jesus said I am God and you should worship me." Christians are asked by moslems to provide the evidence of the divinity of Jesus Christ. Can we also ask the moslems to show evidences to support where Jesus said " I am only a prophet, do not worship me?"
Did Jesus ever made claims only God could make?
This video explains it all, please watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS-lLTfCI7c

By His words
John 8:58, John 11:25, John 10:30, Rev 1:8
By action
Mathew 8:2, Mathew 14:33, Mathew 2:11
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Empiree: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
newsynews:
It's no like there is no division among Muslims too. They have Sunni and Shia divide. Should that stop me from tackling whatever they bring against Christianity? No.

Guy, your failure to address the video on the grounds of a divide in Christianity is just a way to excuse yourself from the truth which you can't tackle.
What are you talking about? My post perfectly addresses your concern but you failed to comprehend. Sunni and shia believe Allah is God and Creator. None believe prophet Muhammad(p) is God. We aren't talking about sectarianism here.

But in christianity, you have trinitarian who believe Jesus is God, part of God, son of God, one of the trinity. On the other hand you have unitarian who don't believe in this crap. So solve you differences first before you get muslims involved. Got it?

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF3q5FvOKqc
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by newsynews: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
Empiree:
What are you talking about? My post perfectly addresses your concern but you failed to comprehend. Sunni and shia believe Allah is God and Creator. None believe prophet Muhammad(p) is God. We aren't talking about sectarianism here.

But in christianity, you have trinitarian who believe Jesus is God, part of God, son of God, one of the trinity. On the other hand you have unitarian who don't believe in this crap. So solve you differences first before you get muslims involved. Got it?
Stop being cunning and avoiding to address the OP.

The topic is not whether some people believe Jesus is God or not. It is about answers to a question Muslims love to ask on facebook, twitter, instagram and blogs. So, if Muslims on nairaland can't address this post under some flimsy excuse that some Christians (which are few) don't believe in Trinity, then it's best they stop asking that silly question of theirs - "where did Jesus say, I am God worship me".

Let me make it easy for you Muslims. Since you say some Christians don't believe in Trinity, then join such Christians in disputing the biblical proves provided in the video. At least, you now have support.
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Rilwayne001: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
newsynews:

Well, I'm sorry but you are wrong. I didn't even bother to watch the video to ascertain your so called Bible truth. Perhaps you can help by pointing out the supposed truth so we can iron it out.

You are actually right. I used to do that when I was ignorant i.e using the Bible to validate the Quran, but having gone through the Bible origin even deeper, my stance has changed ever since.

I believe you can come and clear my doubt on that particular thread in my previous post. Trust me it would be easier addressing the topic of this OP.

Where was this tactics when you lots love to pull verses wrongly to show that the Bible spoke of Mohammad?Now, where in the Quran does it expressly state that the Bible has been corrupted? I wonder why Muslims hold this notion. This is what has been used to deceive them from accepting the truth the book holds.
This is irrelevant.
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Empiree: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
newsynews:

Let me make it easy for you Muslims. Since you say some Christians don't believe in Trinity, then join such Christians in disputing the biblical proves provided in the video. At least, you now have support.
In that case you have to tell us which bible. If we want to discuss this, you gonna have to use Gospel according to Jesus. Not Gospel according to every tom, dick and harry. You understand?.

The guy quoted from Gospel according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, which means every word spoken there was put in Jesus mouth. That's Called FRAUD. So present Gospel according to Jesus for better discussion. Otherwise, your argument is null and void
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Empiree: 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Well, I'm sorry but you are wrong. I didn't even bother to watch the video to ascertain your so called Bible truth. Perhaps you can help by pointing out the supposed truth so we can iron it out.

I actually watched the 15 minutes video posted by the op for benefit of the doubt. I'd thought they 'found' Bible of Jesus not knowing the dude was still quoting same old nonsense we already trashed undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Rilwayne001: 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
Empiree:
I actually watched the 15 minutes video posted by the op for benefit of the doubt. I'd thought they 'found' Bible of Jesus not knowing the dude was still quoting same old nonsense we already trashed undecided

Thank God I didn't waste my MB sad

1 Like

Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Empiree: 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Thank God I didn't waste my MB sad
i guess newsynews is a virgin on this subject. Your 2yrs old thread i just updated lately covers his request. He needs to go through that thread
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by Rilwayne001: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
Empiree:
i guess newsynews is a virgin on this subject. Your 2yrs old thread i just updated lately covers his request. He needs to go through that thread

He really needs it.

https://www.nairaland.com/2172133/question-did-jesus-read-bible

Newsynews^
Re: Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me by alBHAGDADI: 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
Empiree:
In that case you have to tell us which bible. If we want to discuss this, you gonna have to use Gospel according to Jesus. Not Gospel according to every tom, dick and harry. You understand?.

The guy quoted from Gospel according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, which means every word spoken there was put in Jesus mouth. That's Called FRAUD. So present Gospel according to Jesus for better discussion. Otherwise, your argument is null and void
Muslims at their confusion again.

Jesus was not given any book called gospel like Mohammad was allegedly given a Quran.

The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and was written by his disciples and witnesses. Jesus did not come to this world to write books.

Now, a question for you. Where is it ever written that Jesus wrote a book or was given a book (other than a Quran that came 700 years later denying everything about Jesus)?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian atheists should take several seats / Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? / Medieval Catholic Indulgences Versus The Tithe Doctrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.