Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

An Educative Post On The Change In The Power Industry. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Educative Post On The Change In The Power Industry. (403 Views)

Where Can I Get Bureau De Change In Ilorin, Kwara State? / Which Educative Nairaland Threads Have Read From Start To Finish / Take A Look At The Change This Driver Gave Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Educative Post On The Change In The Power Industry. by jaete054: 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hello Everyone, the purpose of this post is to educate the public on what is realistically going on in the power industry at the moment. There's no need to sugarcoat how disappointing the power industry has been, from the early days of Nepa, while it was being run by the government. As it stands, I think there's a drag between who is most hated between the power providing industry and the police force. But then, i would like to shed light on exactly how things are being run at the moment, so everyone who reads this will be able to understand the industry better.
At the moment the power industry is divided into three parts namely;
Gencos (generation companies),
Transmission Company and the
Discos (Distribution Companies).
The Gencos and the Discos are under the private sector while the transmission is still run by the government.
In more simple terms, people with a little more privilege like you and I run the Gencos and the Discos. As a result of which, they are companies that are literally into the production of service from which they expect to make profit. How it works is that the Gencos generate electricity, sell through the transmission Company to the Discos who finally sell to the consumers. The Discos are the arm of the chain that we all are more familiar with ranging from "Ikeja electric (I.e), Ibadan electric distribution company (Ibedc), Benin Electricity Distribution Company (Bedc), e.t.c. They are all located all around the country.
At the moment each disco get its due share from the power grid and they all differ in size with Ikeja and Eko discos having the largest share of what comes from the grid. I guess we can all imagine why its so.
The reality of the situation is that the progress of electricity in our immediate environment now lies in our hands. The reason is because you are served with what you pay for, and there are direct consequences on everyone of us when things like Energy theft is being allowed to run free. I would like to talk more on this but that would be at a later date. I would like to encourage us all to know that considering the fact that at the moment there are no alternate sources of power that are as cheap as that which is being provided by the discos, i'm sure we all will like to at the least get maximum satisfaction for what we are billed. It is therefore the responsibility of we all whether a disco staff or not to be prompt at making payments so as to ensure the best possible service that can be made available at the moment be continuous until. This post is not designed to appeal to your sensitive parts about the industry but to help you understand how things are being done at the moment. I will be putting up more posts to address other issues that we all have a hard time understanding.

Oga lalasticlala, I hope u kindly get this to the front page as i'm sure every Nigerian would like to understand better the power industry.

(1) (Reply)

Benedict Peters On Nigeria’s Energy Future And Post PIGBA Possibilities / Obasanjo Begs FG To Support Private Sector As Osibanjo Inaugurates Petrolex Tank / Explosion Of Ventures(fox Wears#men's Cloth)come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.