Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility (922 Views)

Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri / Wicked Married Man Messed Up My Life And Refuse To Take Responsibility / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by donconior: 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by Ishilove: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
You folks should hold a meeting with him and trash the issues. If it continues, meet his family (your inlaws) and report him.

1 Like

Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by yomi007k(m): 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
undecided

Dump the kids in his place.

End of story.

3 Likes

Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by TheArchangel(f): 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
Turn the kids against him. Let them start seeing him for the monster he is.

Let the kids continue living with your parents cos they will be worse off with their father if this is his habit.
Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by donconior: 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ishilove:
You folks should hold a meeting with him and trash the issues. If it continues, meet his family (your inlaws) and report him.

we have done that timelessly my Dad begged even scolded him he feels sober at the moment for the family we also reached to them but has a kind of unorganized family where no one listens to no one
Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by pocohantas(f): 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Your family is only experiencing what your sister was bearing all the years she was married to him. If he can forsake his kids when their mother is late, itt's obvious your sister was all they had while she was alive. RIP to her cry

I don't think there is much your family can do. Please don't poison their minds against him, let them grow to understand the situation. Don't take those kids back to him or his disorganised family. You owe your sister this one. It has been proven that most times the wife's family do better in taking care of the kids in event of death. He knows this and he is taking advantage of it.

Our Family Court doesn't do much.
The Lord strengthen you people, financially and otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by mrphysics(m): 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
There is a place called family Law Center. I believe it's in every state. Take him there, he will be forced to start paying monthly for their upkeep.

Any other thing is forcing him and he maybe having some female visitors. Man no be wood
Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by donconior: 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
yomi007k:
undecided

Dump the kids in his place.

End of story.

That will be more tortuous for my parents thinking of how they faring under his care.
Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by yomi007k(m): 9:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
donconior:

That will be more tortuous for my parents thinking of how they faring under his care.
grin

He knows exactly this and thats y he is acting the way he is.

1 Like

Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by LadySarah: 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
The truth is that the mumu man has gotten another woman who obviouslyy doesnt want the children around .
Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by fatymore(f): 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
I think your parents should forget about him.. Remove him out of the picture Patapata.. And never let him take them away for show off if he doesn't want to be responsible for their welfare.. Since he is educated, he might want to get the law involved thereby shooting himself in the leg, once the law is involved, an undertaking should be signed that if he wants to see them He must be responsible financially..
Tough times requires tough decisions..
Don't let him take them away, God would provide..
donconior:
The story it's a long one but I will cut it short as much as possible.
brief look at the family background. Father, mother elder sister and I,it was all very rosy until fast-forward to 2010 elder sister pass on as a result of complications associated with child birth though the baby survived, noting she had one back in 2008 successfully.

Tragedy befell the family it was a moment of trial Dad was already retired mum was still in service, being an undergraduate I practically was out of school for almost a semester assisting in taking care of the little kids because mum was on a course.

Then my major issue which has been my in-law has proved not responsive to every effort made so far in getting him to assist in any way as he has practically abandoned these little kids to my already aged parents who are now pensioners living penury as result the present economic realities though are not complaining.

But now my problem is why someone who claimed to be educated (doctor) shy away from basic responsibilities of taking care of his children? He stays for 3months and never call to find out how his children are, no form of financial, psychological and emotional support to your acclaimed in-laws who has been taking care of your children for over 7years now.

It pains me that my mother In her early sixties will call him timelessly maybe to get him to get drugs for the kids since he is a medical practitioner and will never pick nor return her call only come up with an excuse not wanting take his calls of not wanting to take his calls because some patients disturbing him on phone now it's my mother one his patients?

The most annoying aspect is his proximity to ours it's not up 10mins drive but he never drop by to check on the kids, but he will quick to come and pick them to show off maybe when his friends comes around because they are been taken well care of.

So now I want to seek your candid advice here I have since thought of involving the social welfare but I have made enquiries at the LGA but wasn't satisfied on how they are going to get him to take up his responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by Diamond23(f): 12:09am On Nov 13, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]Take d kids back to him and ur mom should visit once in a while. By d tym he run around like bath, cook, wash for Dem only dem will he understand d word responsibilities and stop giving excuses. Mind u, his work may not be all dat z taking his tym buh another babe he z trying to bring in as a wife. Xo by leaving doz kids with ur mom makes him think he gat no responsibilities to face. Wot a cunning doctor angry
Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by donconior: 12:29am On Nov 13, 2017
Diamond23:
[color=#770077][/color]Take d kids back to him and ur mom should visit once in a while. By d tym he run around like bath, cook, wash for Dem only dem will he understand d word responsibilities and stop giving excuses. Mind u, his work may not be all dat z taking his tym buh another babe he z trying to bring in as a wife. Xo by leaving doz kids with ur mom makes him think he gat no responsibilities to face. Wot a cunning doctor angry

The kids always come back with the stories of different aunties visiting him "none of my business though", whenever he takes the to his place or even taking them to one aunty's house to stay untill he comes to pick them late at night.
So leaving them with him would have a negative impact on their growing up my fear
Re: Help On How To Get An In-law Take Responsibility by donconior: 12:45am On Nov 13, 2017
fatymore:
I think your parents should forget about him.. Remove him out of the picture Patapata.. And never let him take them away for show off if he doesn't want to be responsible for their welfare.. Since he is educated, he might want to get the law involved thereby shooting himself in the leg, once the law is involved, an undertaking should be signed that if he wants to see them He must be responsible financially..
Tough times requires tough decisions..
Don't let him take them away, God would provide..

Would a better option if am based at home but I doubt they will be able to muster that courage to stop him from takinging them at will because I understand if he is always allowed to get away with that. His long term plan will be to whisk them away when they must have at aleast grown to take care of themselves making all these efforts seem in vain(not that am dragging the kids with him), at least show a little concern and support that's all.

(1) (Reply)

Help My Little Baby Keep Holding Saliva In Her Mouth / What Is The First Thing You Notice? / My Husband And I Have Been Unfaithful To Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.