Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] (2335 Views)

My True Life Encounter With Nairalanders Who Are Witches, Wizards, and Babalawos / 99.95% of Pastors, Babalawos And Most Religious Leaders Are Fraudsters / Babalawos, Iyanifas, Diviners & Seers Meet Here: Lets Discuss Divination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Babalawos(m): 6:45am On Nov 13, 2017
Aboru Aboye

Most people after watching movies, dramas... have wrong impressions about Babalawos, Iyanifas and African Tradition Religion. I'm here to correct those myths and expose you to the truth:

1* JESUS SUPERIORITY: Most people think and feel that whenever they call "Jesus" or use the name of Jesus to pray on a Babalawo or Iyanifas, him or her will fall on the ground, struck by fire... This is nothing but a myth. Babalawos doesnt fall or get struck by fire or act weird whenever Jesus is called upon them during prayers by Christians. Don't let nollywood fool you. In real life, some of us even accompany pastors to their churches to plant church growth charms, commanding charms, do as I say charms, hypnotic charms... inside the church were Jesus is prayed to every Sunday. We dont worship Jesus because Jesus is our friend. So how can you worship your friend?

2* INTERNET ILLITERATE: Most people think and feel that Babalawos and Iyanifas shouldn't be using the internet. These people also feel or think Babalawos and Iyanifas should be internet illitrate. I totally disagree with this because this is nothing but a myth. I'm a Babalawo and I have more than hundred Babalawos and Iyanifas friends who are on social networks like facebook and instagram. They are posting photos and videos of their ebos, charms, initiations... on social network. There is no Odu Ifa that forbids Babalawos and Iyanifas from using the internet.

3* HUMAN RITUALS: When there is human ritual killing, fingers are always pointed at Babalawos and Iyanifas. Most people think and feel that Babalawos and Iyanifas are into human rituals. I totally disagree with this because this is nothing but a myth. Yes, blood sacrifice plays a very important role in our religion but certainly not human blood. Babalawos and Iyanifas are law abiding citizens, we don't participate in human ritual killings. The Orisas don't accept human sacrifice; they only accept animal and fruits sacrifice.

4* FOREST IN-HABITATION: Most people think and feel that Babalawos stays in the forest. Babalawos in Cities are not powerful compared to Babalawos staying in the forest. I totally disagree with this because this is nothing but a myth. Yes, we do go to the forest to gather herbs, carry out initiations, evocations... but most of us don't stay in the forest. We stay in Cities, Towns, Villages... and live happily with our neighbors. We are our brothers keeper, we are good neighbors and we are very generous. If you live close to a Babalawo, you will never be hungry again because we share our food and meat to our neighbors before or after ebo. Babalawos location doesn't make him powerful. Location doesn't determine how powerful a Babalawo is. Please take note!

5* POVERTY: Most people think and feel that Babalawos and Iyanifas must be poor. Babalawos signed pact with elders of the night or with their Orisas never to be rich and wealthy. I totally disagree with this because this is nothing but a myth. Babalawos wealth and riches determine his worth. Babalawos whose medicines, charms, ebos.... are effective and potent get lots of material gifts like lands, houses, cars... from his clients as thanksgiving and these material gifts are Babalawos wealth. There is no Odu Ifa that forbids Babalawos and Iyanifas not to be rich. Infact, the Odu Ifa have several itans of rich and wealthy Babalawos like Ejiogbe who was the king of the day, Oyeku who was the king of the night, Iwori who was the king of the night and day....

6* OLD: Most people think and feel that a Babalawo must be an old man. The older a Babalawo is; the more powerful he is. I totally disagree with this because this is nothing but a myth. Old age has nothing to do with how powerful a Babalawo is. Imagine an old Awo who started IFA training with a non relative Babalawo at 40 years and started practicing at 60 and a young Awo who started IFA training at 13 years with his parent and started practicing at 27 years. In cases like this, the young Awo who learnt IFA training under his parents guidance will be more skilled than the old Awo because his parents will teach him everything and will not hide anything from him. There are certain things money can not buy and this is one of those things.

7* ONE EYE IYEROSUN: Most people think and feel that a Babalawo must rob one of his eye with Iyerosun to clairvoyantly see. I totally disagree with this because this is nothing but a myth. You don't clairvoyantly see with your physical eyes; you see with your third eye which has nothing to do with your physical eyes. The third eye is a spiritual sense organ while the physical eye is a physical sense organ. Both physical and spiritual sense organs are totally different. A client once asked me "Baba, why didn't you rob the white stuff around your eye before consulting IFA?" I just smiled and said "it is not necessary"

Thank you for reading, leave your comments

Babalawos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Edopesin: 6:51am On Nov 13, 2017
How Can You Say Babalawo Is Jesus Friend
More Like Satans Friend
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by madridguy(m): 6:55am On Nov 13, 2017
Remove the number 1 oga. Comparing Jesus christ" Prophet Issa " PBUH with Babalawo is unacceptable. His name is mightier anyday anytime.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Babalawos(m): 6:57am On Nov 13, 2017
It is a metaphor

Edopesin:
More Like Satans Friend
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by rawpadgin(m): 7:01am On Nov 13, 2017
Those so-called churches u worked for are not actually
Churches, they are shrines disguised as churches
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Kingstel(m): 7:03am On Nov 13, 2017
Babalawos:
It is a metaphor

Whenever you fall sick, do you consult your IFA or go to the hospital?

What are the bad implications of waist beads some ladies use for protection/favour?
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Kingstel(m): 7:05am On Nov 13, 2017
rawpadgin:
Those so-called churches u worked for are not actually
Churches, they are shrines disguised as churches
I wish he is proud to mention his clients so that they are exposed. embarassed

Many lazy Christians are victims because they don't study the Holy Bible. Do they even care to know the source of power so long they are getting what they want?
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Edopesin: 7:05am On Nov 13, 2017
Babalawos:
It is a metaphor
Oh! Anyways You Guys Shu Continue Uhr Don Get Duplex For Hell
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2017
Babalawo
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Babalawos(m): 7:35am On Nov 13, 2017
mhizesther:
Babalawo

Yes
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2017
Babalawos:

Yes

grin grin grin .. just greeting u oo
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Babalawos(m): 7:45am On Nov 13, 2017
Kingstel:

Whenever you fall sick, do you consult your IFA or go to the hospital?

What are the bad implications of waist beads some ladies use for protection/favour?

I don't fall sick. That aside, there are lots of medicinal herbs for healing which we use to treat our sick clients and some of these illness we treat don't have cure in orthodox medicine.

Federal Government of Nigeria should invest in our local medicine.

I will write an article about waist beads soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Babalawos(m): 7:47am On Nov 13, 2017
mhizesther:

grin grin grin .. just greeting u oo

How are the Orisas treating you?
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 13, 2017
Babalawos:

How are the Orisas treating you?

U mean the olokun's or yemoja's
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Babalawos(m): 7:57am On Nov 13, 2017
Edopesin:

Oh!
Anyways You Guys Shu Continue
Uhr Don Get Duplex For Hell

The funny thing is that we don't believe in hell.

Ask any adept astral or soul traveller if hell exist and he or she will tell you hell exist in the mind only.

So I will advice you to be heaven conscious and not hell conscious.

Because if you are too hell conscious, you will find yourself in your mind made hell which will become your eternity reality.

Although hell is an Illusion but will become your reality after life if you are too hell conscious like if you are always thinking about hell, wishing people hell... You become what you think

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by babablogger: 7:58am On Nov 13, 2017
@babalawos can you explain Ofu Oyeku and what does if mean for someone Odu to read Ofu Oyeku
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Babalawos(m): 7:58am On Nov 13, 2017
mhizesther:

U mean the olokun's or yemoja's

Yes
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 13, 2017
Babalawos:

Yes

They are treating me very well o
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by purem(m): 8:27am On Nov 13, 2017
Babalawos:
It is a metaphor

Baba awon do ogun owo na..

U fit do am 4 me?

Wetin make I bring?
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Student125(m): 8:32am On Nov 13, 2017
Even though I don't totally subscribe to the terrestrial powers but I know they are real. But the media has successfully done a lot in brainwashing majority towards believing they are inferior to other names. IMO, d only edge foreign religion have presently is cuz they are well documented with more resources at their disposal.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Babalawos(m): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2017
babablogger:
@babalawos can you explain Ofu Oyeku and what does if mean for someone Odu to read Ofu Oyeku

Aboru Aboye

Ofun is a very powerful Odu that gave birth to Ogboni Fraternity...

If this Odu appears for someone, it means the person is attracted to Brotherhood (Fraternity / Group) or the person will do very well as a member or head of a brotherhood (Fraternity / Group) or have his own brotherhood (Fraternity).

This Odu also means betrayal. Ofun was betrayed by his loved ones.

Ebo (sacrifice) of a pig must be offered to IFA and the head of the pig buried at the bank of a river with some charms and incantations.

This is only but a summary of this Odu. Writing everything about this Odu will full 100 pages of book.

A skilled Babalawo know what to say and what not to say to his client when this Odu appears.

Oyeku is the second Odu IFA who came to earth at night and became the king of the night.

If this Odu appears for someone, it means the person was born at night.

One of the person's taboo is not to wear cap or use umbrella because his or her Ori forbids it and his or her head should not be covered by anything.

It is not good for the person to eat at mid night.

The person is easily attracted to anything relating to witchcraft.

The person must have strong witchcraft charms and medicines.

The children of Oyeku are very rich but a powerful ebo (sacrifice) must be carried out for his or her riches to manifest...

Writing everything about this Odu will full several pages of book.

A skilled Babalawo know what to say and what not to say to his client when this Odu appears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Babalawos(m): 8:45am On Nov 13, 2017
mhizesther:

They are treating me very well o

Thank you for this amazing testimony
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2017
Babalawos:

Thank you for this amazing testimony

I believe in water

1 Like

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by babablogger: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2017
Babalawos:

Aboru Aboye

Ofun is a very powerful Odu that gave birth to Ogboni Fraternity...

If this Odu appears for someone, it means the person is attracted to Brotherhood (Fraternity / Group) or the person will do very well as a member or head of a brotherhood (Fraternity / Group) or have his own brotherhood (Fraternity).

This Odu also means betrayal. Ofun was betrayed by his loved ones.

Ebo (sacrifice) of a pig must be offered to IFA and the head of the pig buried at the bank of a river with some charms and incantations.

This is only but a summary of this Odu. Writing everything about this Odu will full 100 pages of book.

Oyeku is the second Odu IFA who came to earth at night and became the king of the night.

If this Odu appears for someone, it means the person was born at night.

One of the person's taboo is not to wear cap or use umbrella because his or her Ori forbids it and his or her head should not be covered by anything.

It is not good for the person to eat at mid night.

The person is easily attracted to anything relating to witchcraft.

The person must have strong witchcraft charms and medicines.

The children of Oyeku are very rich but a powerful ebo (sacrifice) must be carried out for his or her riches to manifest...

Writing everything about this Odu will full several pages of book.

okay thanks

So if ones Ifa reads both OFUN and OYEKU

What are the Ewos involved?
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 13, 2017
That your first point made me laugh... Christains be thinking life is an IGBO nollywood movie wher u shout "JESUS" and the traditionalist get struck by lightening and die..lol.
Nollywood (the igbo faction especially) don brainwash people die

3 Likes

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2017
Edopesin:
More Like Satans Friend
So your brainwashed mind tells you Babalawos worship Satan?
You are the type he is talking about in the first point.
ONLY your religion is true and will take you to heaven...the mindset of a typical brainwashed religious entity.

1 Like

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 13, 2017
Edopesin:

Oh!
Anyways You Guys Shu Continue
Uhr Don Get Duplex For Hell
The same way your fore-fathers who were traditionalists have duplexes in hell abi?
Your fore-fathers who never knew what christainity was all went to hell abi?
And please dont give me the 'they wont be judged because they dont know" line...cos that line simply implies that God does not know what he was doing when he created africans with our own religion: It means God created us with an EVIL religion so we can go to hell and then gave the 'ALMIGHTY' whites the pure religion so they can go to heaven..or how do explain the fact that Africa has existed with her own various traditional religions/beliefs over thousands of years and God had to wait for the WHITES to bring the 'GOOD' religion to Africa?

Sometimes,i think people fail to think deeply about religious matters...accepting what some persons tell them line,hook and sinker and taking it as FACT or the WORD OF GOD.

Your ancestors might have gone to hell for not being Christains,MINE DIDNT..

6 Likes

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by 0temAtum: 9:28am On Nov 13, 2017
Babalawos:

The funny thing is that we don't believe in hell.

Ask any adept astral or soul traveller if hell exist and he or she will tell you hell exist in the mind only.

So I will advice you to be heaven conscious and not hell conscious.

Because if you are too hell conscious, you will find yourself in your mind made hell which will become your eternity reality.

Although hell is an Illusion but will become your reality after life if you are too hell conscious like if you are always thinking about hell, wishing people hell... You become what you think
Even Babalawo is confirming what I've been telling all these myopic christians. The hell imagined by Yahweh has been quenched millions of years back, but humanity are building hell for themselves, not knowing the power in imagination. I pity christians who think of hell all the time.

1 Like

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by 0temAtum: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

So your brainwashed mind tells you Babalawos worship Satan?
You are the type he is talking about in the first point.
ONLY your religion is true and will take you to heaven...the mindset of a typical brainwashed religious entity.
Don't mind him. I don't know how Satan of the middle east can be worshipped by Babalawo of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 13, 2017
Student125:
Even though I don't totally subscribe to the terrestrial powers but I know they are real. But the media has successfully done a lot in brainwashing majority towards believing they are inferior to other names. IMO, d only edge foreign religion have presently is cuz they are well documented with more resources at their disposal.
Guy,you get am..
The only problem our traditional religions have is lack of proper documentation..if we had proper documentations like the Bible and Quran,all these brainwashing that traditional religion is evil wouldnt have happened.
Me sef believe am one time o... Thank God for UN-COMMON sense
Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 13, 2017
0temAtum:
Don't mind him. I don't know how Satan of the middle east can be worshipped by Babalawo of Nigeria.
Lol.. "Satan of the Middle East" grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic] by Babalawos(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
That your first point made me laugh... Christains be thinking life is an IGBO nollywood movie wher u shout "JESUS" and the traditionalist get struck by lightening and die..lol.
Nollywood (the igbo faction especially) don brainwash people die

Don’t mind nollywood, they will never show were traditionalist defeat a pastor.

There's a chemist opposite my shrine, whenever the owner of the chemist sees me, she will begin to sing Christian songs out of fear.

Her Christian songs get louder when she begin to hear the cry of goats and fowls in my shrine.

I can't help myself but to laugh at her ignorance

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Effective Impartation / What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) / On the Apparent Correlation Between Religion and Social Ills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.