Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo (14221 Views)

7 Things Students Can Do During The ASUU Strike / Ten Photos Nigerian Students Can Relate To / University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by fumiswtpusytwo(f): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
Even though she is my yoruba sister,she looks fat and dirty.these girl is over hyped by ibadan media.
Her Waist looks like amala.
She should copy me and become a figure 8.
I prefer diniella okeke to her. A million times.
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Maj196(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
fumiswtpusytwo:
Even though she is my yoruba sister,she looks fat and dirty.these girl is over hyped by ibadan media.
Her Waist looks like amala.
She should copy me and become a figure 8.
I prefer diniella okeke to her. A million times.
Wetin u dey talk undecided
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by fumiswtpusytwo(f): 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
Maj196:
Wetin u dey talk undecided
Ok let me break it down so children can understand.
She is too fat and claim curvy.
She looks too dirty but claim black bueaty.
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by themannia(m): 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
I am studying Statistics as an undergraduate.
Which professional certifications would you suggest?
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Maj196(m): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
fumiswtpusytwo:

Ok let me break it down so children can understand.
She is too fat and claim curvy.
She looks too dirty but claim black bueaty.
Madam u are lost...Check the thread's topic again... Go find the right thread to comment on
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Unfortunately your write up tilts to students in computer science and other IT-related courses.

How about students of less fortunate courses like Linguistics, Philosophy and History?

You must be high on Demerol!
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by encryptjay(m): 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
Maj196:
Madam u are lost...Check the thread's topic again... Go find the right thread to comment on
He must be talking about Toolz grin
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Chinaboi(m): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
raindrop99:
Thanks op for enlightening me. I'm studying mech engineering, what skill can I acquire??
Go to any auto workshop you know and learn auto mechanic skills. would help u in a long way
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by uthmanismail: 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2017
I'm studying b.SC in mathematics..... plz op Wat skills do u think s gonna b okay 4 me 2 l
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Damdeyz(m): 1:51am On Nov 14, 2017
generalbush:
Never make the mistake of thinking of work experience after graduation; I will show you how you can gain work experience before graduation.

The fear of every employer concerning fresh graduates is the assumption that they can’t hit the ground running. This makes it difficult for young graduates to secure mouth watering jobs without a connection.

As a student in the university, it is up to you to avoid these pitfalls and do the right thing. Just in case you have forgotten, there are no jobs in Nigeria for graduates without connections. So if you are having the impression of graduating and securing quality jobs in oil firms and so on, think again!

Below are the ways students can gain work experience before graduation

Learn a skill relating to any Job sector

By now it should be clear that the Nigerian job market doesn’t discriminate in terms of course of study. I have seen Engineers working in banks; I have also seen Economics students working in a software development firm.

What you are studying at school shouldn’t be the basis of the skill you may wish to acquire. Personally, I always suggest ICT skills because it is one of the fastest growing sectors in the country.

If an English student acquires Software Development skills, the chances of getting a job than a Computer science student without this skill are higher.

Having a skill means work experience to the average Nigeria employer – just in case you have no idea. So this is one of the perfect ways students can gain work experience before they even graduate.

Carry out Projects relating to the skill learnt

Work experience is simply putting what you know into practice. When it is time to create a CV, and you have lots of successfully executed projects to your name, then it becomes easier.

Work Experience:

- I successfully maintained the network server of ABC Company and recorded above 80% uptime during work periods.

- I networked the WAN connection of Xyz CBT centre and had a smooth operation during the CBT exams.

This is how a standard CV of a fresh graduate from school should look like. Nobody will hire you for having a First Class. They will only hire you for bringing something to the table to move the company forward.

Write Certifications in your chosen Skill Sector

It isn’t too early to become certified. It gives you the advantage over those who will graduate with just their B.Scs.

“Do you know that CISCO Company gives special support to firms who hire certified CISCO graduates?”

If you assume that to gain work experience before graduation is early, then you are in for a long thing. Certifications are expensive; but if you have the money, write them.

Getting a job in Nigeria is already a difficult task on its own. The only trick is for students to gain work experience before graduation, so they can be well positioned over those who have nothing.

If you would love to know the skill that suits you better, please ask me using the comment section and I will reply you ASAP.

Remember to subscribe, because we are willing to make education easier for you.

Source: http://dailystudentinfo.com/gain-work-experience-graduation/

cc: lalasticlala, fynestboy, seun
Thank you sir, for such wonderful exposition, you said you were going to answer pertinent questions, I do have one. How about young graduates who desire to thrive in the world of public speaking? Is this feasible in our current economy? if yes, how can one navigate through and overcome? I am also interested in freelance writing, could you shed more light on this?
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by sleemzy96(f): 6:10am On Nov 14, 2017
Work for free during your holidays in a respectable firm
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by generalbush(m): 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
Damdeyz:
Thank you sir, for such wonderful exposition, you said you were going to answer pertinent questions, I do have one. How about young graduates who desire to thrive in the world of public speaking? Is this feasible in our current economy? if yes, how can one navigate through and overcome? I am also interested in freelance writing, could you shed more light on this?

Sorry I answered late. I thought you were gonna ask on the blog. I will be writing much about this, so please just go to the blog and subscribe.

Meanwhile, for your question, It is possible but difficult. (I mean concerning the Public Speaking). It becomes easier only when you have some tangible achievements you have made already. That way, you no longer need to introduce yourself again.

As for freelance writing, anyone can become a freelance writer with ease. But you should check out your writing skills. Are they up to the desired writing ability?

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing / Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely / Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.