Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Proposal And Invitation To Multimillion Naira Rice Investment Idea - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Proposal And Invitation To Multimillion Naira Rice Investment Idea (800 Views)

Invitation To Float A 10-20 Members Funding Access Group Of 1 Million Naira / Paddy Rice Investment / Onunkwo Set To Inaugurate Multimillion Dollars Agricultural Development Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proposal And Invitation To Multimillion Naira Rice Investment Idea by jaybabs1(m): 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello Entrepreneurs,

I am inviting any interested investor to partner, co-plan and co-invest in a high profit potential rice investment idea. I have done a very extensive research on the idea, i have visited rice farmers, processors/mills, rice middlemen merchants in kura Local Goverment in Kano, I have contacted bag printers. I have also contacted several large volume finished rice distributors/dealer in singer market in kano and I have done price market survey.

The idea in brief:
Purchase of unprocessed Rice
- A 100kg bag of CP rice variety (long grain) as of last week cost N9,500 - N10,000 price varies slightly per farmer/per location. This price includes transportation to the milling company.

Processing/Milling
- When this 100kg bag is processed using modern/imported milling processes and equipment. It will produce a 50kg of fine-polished, unbroken, de-stoned, parboiled and de-husked rice. I have pictures i took from the processing companies and the rice produced is very good looking, very comparable to the foreign/imported rice.

The companies charge N1,000 - N1,300 per each bag of 50kg bag fully processed. Later, we can decide to purchase our own small scale or large scale milling equipments. we can import it or buy it here in kano. The milling machines are very portable but they surprisingly mill the rice like they were milled by a large industrial size machine.

Packaging
We will give the milling companies our branded bags and they will do they packaging and sealing for us. It is all inclusive in the processing fee.

Marketing
We can sell it to any market we wish in Nigeria, we can work with dealers in kano, they supply to kano and all northern states and neigbouring countries. We can sell it through dealers to all over Nigeria.

Profit metrics:

Total cost of producing a 50kg fully processed rice N11,450 - N11,900
Breakdown
unprocessed Rice - N10,000
processing - N1,300
bagging/branding- N150
Total N11,450

Production consultancy charge per bag(My charges) N200 - N400 depending on volume of production.

Selling Cost:
Last week rice is supplied to dealers in Singer market at N12,800 - N13,200

This week the Price has jumped to about N13,800 - N14,200.

Some of the dealers I discussed with are able to move about 200 - 500 bags weekly for a start and it is expected that the figure will be increasing weekly as our brand gains more recognition in the market, and as other dealerships are opened in other states. It is possible to go as high as 1,000 - 2,000 bags weekly and even more with proper planning, coordination, strategic marketing and good network of sales rep positioned strategically in major cities of Nigeria.

If the deadline of rice importation will be implemented by December, 2017 as announced then we have more guarantee of bigger gains and faster market penetration. Most of the dealers are preparing for the import ban and hence they have began to pay serious attention to well-processed locally milled rice.

So, it is possible to make an approximate income of between N800 to N1,500 per bag. Thereby netting a weekly income of between a range of N160,000 to N600,000. And on higher scales it is possible to net between the range of N800,000 to N2,000,000 weekly.

This plan is not a comprehensive business plan, it is just a presentation of idea, I believe there are still more details to be discussed and addressed to make this plan a success for any interested investor. So I am open to cross pollination of ideas, joint-planning, further analysis, market survey and if you have a different view on how to achieve this plan, I will be willing to cooperate and run things to fruition.

Thanks for your interest.
For indication of interest and further discussion, My contact is 080.36354619. For Both call/whatsapp.
Re: Proposal And Invitation To Multimillion Naira Rice Investment Idea by jaybabs1(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2017
Thanks a lot for your responses.

Also, I appreciate all the positive responses I have received so far, for those asking me to render a full-scale service that will comprise both production, distribution and marketing, thanks for your contributions.

I am considering to upgrade the proposal into a rice production consortium of a sort. But that will be later.

For now, we will have a limited operation within the first few weeks/months and then we can quickly scale things up. I promise all investors an unflinching commitment to make this project a success and a breakthrough!

Our production consultancy is N200 - N400/bag depending on volume of production and as advised by some respondents, if you want us to handle marketing, distribution and sales within Kano markets, our marketing fee will be N100 - N200/bag depending on the volume too. We can use our company branded bags or any brand of your choice.

We will produce, package, sell and return profit and capital back to you or return profits alone and recycle the capital.

Please also take note that price of unprocessed rice is not static, so prices quoted may change either upward or downward. However, whenever prices change at the farmer/milling points, there is usually a corresponding change in the price in the market to reflect the changes and it is almost instant. So your profit is always guaranteed!

Thanks for your patronage.

(1) (Reply)

See The Snake An Old Woman Killed In Her Mud Kitchen In My Compound / Big Snake Met Is Own Death Today At My Farm / Cucumber For Sale In Warri(oreropke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.