Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time? (10863 Views)

See A Building On Fire In Ikeja Lagos / Contact A Building Engineer Today For Construction..07069331570 Is Our Number / Please check out beautiful and unique furnitures made by my husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time? by vicben27(m): 7:55am On Nov 14, 2017
(1)Durability: the ability of the structure to stand the test of time
(2)quality : using the best or MST appropriate material
(3) maintenance : just as cars n humans requires maintenance, soo does a Building do too. MST material may change/decay due weather action over time. when this material are replaced from time to time it further extends the overall life of the building, painting can be applied after every four years.

speaking professionally, the only way a structure or building will stand the test of time is to have a maintenance program/ plan in place, from the initial design stage.
Re: What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time? by GJOHN001: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2017
grin grin grin
Spaxon:
NICE PIECE......
Different types of phone call durations:
*Boy to Boy* 00:00:59
*Boy to Mom* 00:00:50
*Boy to Dad* 00:00:3-
*Boy to Girl* 01:23:59
*Girl to Girl* 05:29:59
*Girl to Boy* 00:01:20
*Marriedman to Girlfriend* 06:43:59
*Marriedwoman to boyfriend* 00:10:59
*Husband to Wife* 00:00:03
*Wife to Husband* 14 Missed Calls  "
*Boy to SugarMummy*00:00:4
Re: What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time? by Folxy91(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2017
skimanski:
3-      Know in the world of Architecture, Anything is possible: If you have any tiny atom of taught that this thing might be possible, trust me it is possible. Decide your dream home, decide your Architect, and explore every single form of possibility. The greatest problem of Architecture in this our region is Clients and Architect do not seem to agree on what is possible and what is not. Most times, clients want what they want, but Architects tend scare them away from the possibility with silly words like “That doesn’t work in this region”. “it will fail eventually”. “let’s do it like this it’s the ways its done everywhere”

you aren't right on that statement about architects, rather, it's a structural engineer's slogan, architects scare with their designs because they fantasize a lot and they love to show off, take an average creative architect's design to a structural engineer and listen to the engineer's statement you will hear "it can't work" or "it'll fail" don't mix a structural engineer up with an architect.

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time? by Spaxon(f): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
GJOHN001:
grin grin grin
lol, I don catch u
Re: What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time? by juliusocean(m): 6:06am On Nov 20, 2017
Skimanski there's a new trend in Nigeria (wooden ceiling what are your thoughts on this)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time? by skimanski(m): 6:59am On Nov 20, 2017
juliusocean:
Skimanski there's a new trend in Nigeria (wooden ceiling what are your thoughts on this)

Its a very nice Concept. I have always loved to adopt it in projects. Just some clients do not buy into it. But trust me, I love the Idea a Lot.
Re: What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time? by true2home(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
A lot of people like the woody effect. The issue of maintenance discourages the application; especially when used on the exterior.

skimanski:

Its a very nice Concept. I have always loved to adopt it in projects. Just some clients do not buy into it. But trust me, I love the Idea a Lot.

Re: What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time? by skimanski(m): 7:55am On Nov 22, 2017
true2home:
A lot of people like the woody effect. The issue of maintenance discourages the application; especially when used on the exterior.

it doesn't require any more form of maintenance than any other thing you have on your exterior. Its Hard polished Wood, and its on the Ceiling Portion, so can remain like that for a Long without weather effect

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Stainless Steel For Your Home? / Cheap Farm Land For Sale ..n30k, N45k, N55k, N190k, 250k - Nb850k Per Acre / Four-bedroom Duplex + BQ, Eleyele. Ibadan For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.