Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:30 AM

Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured (13898 Views)

Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) / Strike: Outcome Of Today's ASUP Meeting With Federal Government / ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Realsman405(m): 1:03am On Nov 14, 2017
Two staff shot, 10 injured, as police clash with Federal College of Agriculture students in Ibadan

No fewer than two staff of the Institute of Agricultural Research and Training (IAR&T), Ibadan were hospitalised on Monday after some overzealous men of the Oyo State Police Command clashed with students of the Federal College of Agriculture, Moore Plantation, Apata Ibadan.

DAILY POST gathered that trouble started some minutes before 8 am on Monday when students of Federal College of Agriculture, who shares the same premises with IART&T and Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology were protesting within the premises against the leadership of the Provost of the institution, Dr. Babajide Adelekan.

The students noted that they were tired of protracted strikes by workers of the institution and various crisis that had been rocking Adelekan’s administration.

A commercial motorcyclist who plies the popular Mokola-Dugbe-Apata Road while speaking with DAILY POST on condition of anonymity disclosed that students of the institution were protesting peacefully and blocked the Apata-Dugbe Road when the police came to disperse them.

He noted that the melee started when the policemen arrived and started chasing the protesters.

He added that the students resisted the police invasion, which made the police to re-enforce and chase students, staff of the three institutions and other people on sight.

It was gathered that two staff of IAR&T, including Mrs Helen Adekanmi and another male staff who were sht during the francas have been hospitalised and are currently receiving treatments at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan.

An industrial training (IT) student, a male staff Mr. Lanre Johnson and ten other staff whose names were still being collated as at the time of filling this report sustained various degrees of injuries on their heads, legs, toes and arms.

Five cars belonging to staff of IAR&T were also seen by our correspondent damaged during the melee that lasted for over two hours.

DAILY POST correspondent who arrived the premises where the three institutions are situated at 11. 30 am saw various injurious items such as broken bottles, stones and sticks which the two parties used against each other. The items were seen littering the road and the premises.

Mobile policemen from various police stations such as Dugbe, Apata, Oluyole were sighted by DAILY POST, stationed with their patrol vehicles controlling vehicular and human movements.

A source who confided in our correspondent noted that the crisis in the college had been on for over two years which has made the Federal Ministry of Agriculture to wade into the crisis.

He said, “It has developed to this level. The only thing that I know is that I was told that the students were tired of staying at home. And they are tired of coming to the college doing nothing. Therefore, they have to stage protest”.

The Executive Director of IAR&T, Professor James Adediran who quickly cut off his journey to Abuja described the incident as unfortunate.

Adediran while speaking with DAILY POST condemned the ugly incident which seriously affected activities in the institution, staff and other members of the institute.

He noted that it was unfortunate that policemen could not differentiate between staff of the institute and students and staff of the College of Agriculture who were protesting.

Adediran noted that his staff were about to resume for work when the policemen came to invade the premises without sparing anyone.

He said that he had to quickly return from his journey to Abuja when staff of the institution called him about the situation on ground.

Adediran said “This morning, our staff came to their places of work and unfortunately the gates were locked, they had to look for ways to enter into the premises, and unfortunately we leant that students were on rampage shouting and demonstrating on the main road, so it was difficult to enter.

“And personally, I was not around, I was on my way to Abuja and I had to return back after Ilesa, I was already traveling, I had to return on my way.

“When I came back, I was told that the police entered the premises and started shooting and to be sincere I want to say that two of our staff were shot, they were attacked.

“What really happened is that there were stray bullets, the two of them, one on the head and the other one in the abdomen. The two of them are still in the hospital. They were rushed to the hospital, they are now receiving treatments.

“I was told that they are recovering; I will visit the hospital to know the state of their health status.

“This is IAR&T, there are three institutions in this premises, Federal College of Agriculture, Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology and the IAR&T.

“As I told you, two of our staff are in the hospital, one was hit on the leg and the other in the abdomen. Some were injured on the heads and the hands”.

However, all efforts by DAILY POST to get reaction of the spokesperson of the state Police Command, Adekunle Ajisebutu proved abortive.

Calls put through his mobile phone were not answered when our correspondent called him.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/11/13/two-staff-shot-10-injured-police-clash-federal-college-agriculture-students-ibadan/amp/

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Realsman405(m): 1:12am On Nov 14, 2017
It happened in my school. I was there live.

The police didn't spare anybody. It was disheartening that the police couldnt handle the issue.

Let me add two or three pictures.

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Realsman405(m): 1:16am On Nov 14, 2017
The cars were damaged during the crisis

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by PEPPERified: 1:35am On Nov 14, 2017
this one is strong! eleyi gidi gan!!

that's why NPF are the best in the world. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by dyadeleye(m): 2:14am On Nov 14, 2017
Police using axe to disperse rioters this week, next week Dem go start with grenade

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Tobisco911(m): 2:41am On Nov 14, 2017
Mehn, police too don start again now..
After, IG will say we are not the worst in the World... Come and see wat ur boys are doing now.

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Tobisco911(m): 2:42am On Nov 14, 2017
Hadlock

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by nairavsdollars(f): 9:24am On Nov 14, 2017
hold Mr Constituted Authority Responsible

10 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 14, 2017
They should just ban police activities in Nigeria.
I see nothing they have done.
Even armed robbers don't fear them. Mtch

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Hades2016(m): 9:24am On Nov 14, 2017
Lol ... If them call NG police worst in the world , them go da vex

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by censeakay(m): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2017
Nigeria Police Force = Pure Madness Force

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by QueenSekxy(f): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2017
sad pathetic protruded shameless police men

abeg I tire

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by inotice: 9:26am On Nov 14, 2017
No matter what, Police is your Friend.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by bedspread: 9:26am On Nov 14, 2017
NIGERIAN POLICE CONFIRMING THEIR WORLD WIDE RATING

I TRUST NOLLYWOOD TO MAKE GOOD USE OF THIS PHOTO FOR A MOVIE

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2017
Barely1 week they were given the rank for the world most worst police

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Ositajustice01(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2017
Nigeria tertiary institutions and strike are like ewedu and amala

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by guywitzerogal(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2017
Police our frd my foot.... Stupid set of organize thug

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by EmekaBlue(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2017
To be sincere Nigeria police especially the yoruba ones in d south~waste with loud rough mouth like agbero,very dirty looking are very useless but not totally useless, @least can be used as a very good bad example to other police forces in d world

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by BruncleZuma: 9:27am On Nov 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by GetUmad: 9:30am On Nov 14, 2017
Why would police clash with "Federal college of agric"

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Dc4life(m): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2017
Serve and protect my foot!!!. Then they said "police is ur friend"..... do friends do this?. Or will they apologize later? Least friends have the decency to apologize, but real friends to do this to each
Other. In otherwise that slogan is nothing but a method to deceive u.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by GetUmad: 9:30am On Nov 14, 2017
Why would police "CLASH WITH FEDERAL College of AGRIC" ?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by donblade85555(m): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2017
father God protect us oh

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Getintouch2004(m): 9:31am On Nov 14, 2017
This is where you see police and army in full force, forming Jack Bauer on citizens they are to protect. When they see armed robbers now, it's fleeing things.

Nigeria Police system is dead.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by dfrost: 9:32am On Nov 14, 2017
angry sad embarassed undecided cry
Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by UbanmeUdie: 9:32am On Nov 14, 2017
shocked

The NPF has no shame at all,

The IG even brags about his promiscuous life.

Shooting guns and using axes to quell a riot even in the worst case scenerio is absolutely prohibited.

The NPF is truly the worst in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by aku626(m): 9:32am On Nov 14, 2017
NPF needs to be addressed by the executive arm

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by oye1889: 9:33am On Nov 14, 2017
What i peaceful in blocking the road?
Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Megatrix: 9:42am On Nov 14, 2017
Worst police force in the world

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by tico1212(m): 9:44am On Nov 14, 2017
Police or Ask men? shocked
Re: Ibadan Police Clash With Federal College Of Agriculture, 2 Staff Shot,10 Injured by Niyinficient(m): 9:52am On Nov 14, 2017
#WorstInTheWorld

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okorocha Celebrates Children's Day With School Children (Photos) / Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students / LASU Part-time Courses Scrapped By Lagos State Government:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.