Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Ekpo: Tales From Around The Flame - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Ekpo: Tales From Around The Flame (781 Views)

Tell Tales Completed Volume 1 The Mass Murderer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekpo: Tales From Around The Flame by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 14, 2017
You can get it here on Okadabooks: https://beta.okadabooks.com/book/about/ekpo:_tales_from_around_the_flame/16458. For the overseas readers, here’s an Amazon link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ekpo-Tales-Around-Sam-Mu-ebook/dp/B077TY9LYH/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529172520&sr=8-2&keywords=Ekpo

I’ll be posting a chapter a day until I’m all out of chapters. I hope you enjoy them. Without further ado, let’s begin!
Re: Ekpo: Tales From Around The Flame by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 10, 2017
A God Dreams

So, I had a dream.

In it you were wailing and shouting and throwing things at me. Through hisses and seething rage you accused me of turning your worshippers away from you.

I stood and took it all, what else was I to do? I’d hoped for so long that this would never happen to you but I see now that it was inevitable.

Humans? They can be fickle. Once the spell is broken, they start to notice that we’re really just like them save for a few so called “magical” powers. And so in the blink of an eye, your importance was diminished, your insignificance was thrown in your face by men and women you helped raise through life. But behind your rage, beyond your anger, I can see the fear in your eyes as the realisation dawns that you aren’t as special as you thought you were to these people.

I know, I’ve been there.

Worship is a hard drug to come off and there’s no such thing as gently easing off it, it’s cold turkey or bust. Even now, as I watch your emotions transition into despair and cold acceptance of your new situation I feel a pang of sorrow for the next young spirits that will be raised to the throne of god and goddess only to be dumped and cast aside by the men and women that made them. And then they’ll be here, like us, remembering a time when the sands shifted, the trees swayed and the moon cast its ethereal glow on the two of them.

“Come” I say as I reach out to you. Let’s leave this place for the time being.

It hurts to be where you’re not wanted.

“…men make gods and worship their creation. It would be fitting for the gods to worship men!”
-The Gospel of Philip (Gnostic Gospels)

(1) (Reply)

/ Short Stories For Sale / Writer Available For Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.