Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest (24271 Views)

Major Ethnic Groups By Population In Africa - Wikipedia / Lalong Appoints Shehu Bala, Hausa-Fulani As Chairman, Plateau Indigenes Kick / Map Of Nigeria With Major Ethnic Tribe On Each Region And State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by monex(m): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2017
Aspiregreat:
we are all one Nigeria, we mustn't protest over trivial things. let's get ride of this tribalistic tendency.

one Nigeria

It is trivial I agree. However, it is wrong for a state government site to list a migrant tribe as indigenous. This is how revisionism starts. A fulani can be from Plateau and can even contest as governor but he cannot be said to be indigenous. My friend who spent his life in Plateau explained that there is no indigenous fulani tribe or village in Plateau.

Just imagine how we will feel if Ambode lists the Igbo tribe as an indigenous tribe in Lagos? Migrant tribe is different from Indigenous.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by nwaanambra1(m): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2017
mujaya1:
[s]sannu citizen of the world, go check history from where igbo, tiv come, people living in stone before coming of white people.[/s]

oga history checker! there is no stone(mountain) in igbo land and i don't think there is any in tiv lands too!

these places are called vegetation - these people you mentioned are living in a place similar to paradise because of the lush vegetation which is good for cattle, livestock and farming - that's why your marauding killer headsmen brothers needs these lands at all cost! angry

Its is because of educated illiterates like you that makes el-rufai want to overhaul the education system in kaduna!

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by lonecatt(m): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2017
mujaya1:
what about ipob, your hate about my fulani brother can not take you anywhere,
your Fulani brothers are known to the world as the fourth deadliest terrorist group,as it stands you cannot boldly enter any western country and claim to be Fulani without being thoroughly checked.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 14, 2017
ONE NIGERIA....ENJOY IT

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by mujaya1(m): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2017
nwaanambra1:

is that a serious note of regret in your voice? is the indigenous people of plateau state now regretting joining the jihadist hausa-fulanis to kill the Igbos?

Anyways sha! if una dey include fulani as a major tribe in plateau, you guys should not forget to include the Igbos too - after all, its on record the Igbos make up 27% population of plateau state.
27% of total population of igbo in jos, i don,t wonder since i see yoruba and igbo as the indigen of kaduna, check history of kaduna in wikipidia
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by 9jja(f): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2017
Jiang:

As always u people are good at playing the victims, while ur brothers are the source of said troubles, you expect the fulanis to take shyt from you. Go tell them...They are wrong, they messed with the wrong people & I sure hell don't pity any modafuvker that had a hand in that Jos crisis, I saw first hand ur brethren kill people & paraded their skulls at round abouts

I read through your post and grasped nothing meaningful. I was convinced that there is a Yaba left escapee on the loose.

They fought for one Nigeria and since then how far has the so called Nigeria progressed? Singapore was at 1980 at par with Nigeria and you can compare yourself. But needless joining issues with a candidate of Yaba left.

Enjoy Nigeria while the people of Plateau enjoy the brother.
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by mujaya1(m): 9:37am On Nov 14, 2017
lonecatt:
your Fulani brothers are known to the world as the fourth deadliest terrorist group,as it stands you cannot boldly enter any western country and claim to be Fulani without being thoroughly checked.
if you have any brother in usa, canada, england germany, france, austrilia and any developed country to check for you how my fulani people doing well not like igbo commiting crime such as yahoo boy, drug, prostitution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by sidnen: 9:43am On Nov 14, 2017
9jja:
The people of Plateau helped to fight the Igbos all in the name that they are northerners. The real north later came and pay them back handsomely burning their houses, killing their young ones, raping their wives and their children right in their presence, destroying their farmland and their crop. I do not see anything wrong if the the people of Plateau are incorporating their master.

Surprised that Lantang which is Yakubu Gowon tribe is listed. Where is that fool self?

God says I WILL CONTEND WITH THEM THAT CONTEND WITH YOU. They should go and ask Saro Wiwa how far?
My sister, you hv no idea of what you are even talking about.
First of all Gowon is not from Lantang.
Don't just sit at home and fabricate stories from ur head.
Travel, meet people, get exposed,learn. This is 2017 for goodness sake.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Ejiphill09(m): 9:43am On Nov 14, 2017
Gowon won't say any thing now but if it's issue about Ibos and ojukwu he will have time. Gowon I repeat fulani is taking over your state and soon u will be a slave in your own state.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by malton: 9:45am On Nov 14, 2017
nwaanambra1:

is that a serious note of regret in your voice? is the indigenous people of plateau state now regretting joining the jihadist hausa-fulanis to kill the Igbos?

Anyways sha! if una dey include fulani as a major tribe in plateau, you guys should not forget to include the Igbos too - after all, its on record the Igbos make up 27% population of plateau state.

Bros, I feel no regrets at all. I didn't do or fail to do anything personally. However, I admit that I wish our forefathers never allowed that nonsense to happen in the first place. Who in their right senses would side the actual enemy against a perceived one? They were all made to believe that the Igbo man was the enemy, ironically, by the enemy. It's a shame.

At the emboldened, I'd rather that 100 times over. I've always considered the Igbo people on the Plateau family. They contribute to its growth and development. They are nothing like those blood sucker, Lalong brothers.

Shey he will soon do and be going. Na to delist dem sharp sharp. Thank God say na just typing.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by malton: 9:48am On Nov 14, 2017
fadaonyenna:

We d igbo pipul living in plateau state tried 2 caution ya all wen ur pipul wia shawting chanji upandan,buh we wia told 2 shut up dat yu all re brodas and we r d enemies of d progress if d state.
E pain me say afta all d crisis we all went thru togeda,we fought fiz monsters 2geda.....all of a sudden dey bought yu guys ova...yu sold ya birthright ova a plate of porridge.Now fiz hausa Fulani bastards ve almost taken ova awa beloved plateau.....Almost all d contracts and roads being done re in dia areas,from angwan rogo down to new market and it environs....me yaf tire self

Bros, this governor is a bastard!

I am ashamed to even refer to him as that. Very useless man! He's a mistake of a person.
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by malton: 9:53am On Nov 14, 2017
maj007:
There is nothing wrong in the listing.

Fulani is one of the major languages / ethnic groups in Plateau State.

The largest local govt (in terms of land mass) has a Fulani ruling dynasty. In fact, the King is one of the First Class Kings in the State and Nigeria at large. The people of the local govt are predominantly Fulani and Jukun.

So Nairalanders should always get their facts straight before making condemnation.

What's this one saying?!

I hope you know that the emir of Wase is originally from Bauchi? Were it not for colonial manipulations, you won't be saying this rubbish!
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by malton: 9:58am On Nov 14, 2017
monex:

It is trivial I agree. However, it is wrong for a state government site to list a migrant tribe as indigenous. This is how revisionism starts. A fulani can be from Plateau and can even contest as governor but he cannot be said to be indigenous. My friend who spent his life in Plateau explained that there is no indigenous fulani tribe or village in Plateau.

Just imagine how we will feel if Ambode lists the Igbo tribe as an indigenous tribe in Lagos? Migrant tribe is different from Indigenous.

Thank you, bros. You got the picture.
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 14, 2017
raker300:
Gowon...

How market?

You’ll be alive long enough to see what you fought for go up on smokes
This is Gowon's favorite position

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by mujaya1(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2017
igbo are the most hypocrite people on earth, please my brother buhari grant this igbo Biafra we need one north not this shameless people on earth that everyday there main intention is to cause chaos on islam, because islam has no tribe or language, every muslim are equal.
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 14, 2017
mujaya1:
igbo are the most hypocrite people on earth, please my brother buhari grant this igbo Biafra we need one north not this shameless people on earth that everyday there main intention is to cause chaos on islam, because islam has no tribe or language, every muslim are equal.
and why are you engaging in Igbo-phobia now ? grin

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by TheKingIsHere: 10:14am On Nov 14, 2017
maj007:
There is nothing wrong in the listing.

Fulani is one of the major languages / ethnic groups in Plateau State.

The largest local govt (in terms of land mass) has a Fulani ruling dynasty. In fact, the King is one of the First Class Kings in the State and Nigeria at large. The people of the local govt are predominantly Fulani and Jukun.

So Nairalanders should always get their facts straight before making condemnation.

@malton is this true?
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by TheKingIsHere: 10:24am On Nov 14, 2017
mujaya1:
what about ipob, your hate about my fulani brother can not take you anywhere,

Where is ipob listed as a world terrorist organisation?

Infact, I will prefer ipob than the blood sucking demons called Fulani herdsmen.
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 14, 2017
malton:

Source: https://plateaunewsonline./2017/11/12/youth-protests-as-plsg-list-fulani-as-a-major-ethnic-tribe-in-plateau-state/
They should stop complaining.
Afterall, these are some of the many benefits of a united indivisible Nigeria grin grin
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by 9jja(f): 10:28am On Nov 14, 2017
sidnen:

My sister, you hv no idea of what you are even talking about.
First of all Gowon is not from Lantang.
Don't just sit at home and fabricate stories from ur head.
Travel, meet people, get exposed,learn. This is 2017 for goodness sake.

Wherever he is from is not my business. The bottom line is that his home state is under siege by the very people he killed his fellow Christians for. . Let him deal with it or has he lost his voice?

Last time I checked he was busy deceiving himself with his prayer project.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by TheKingIsHere: 10:29am On Nov 14, 2017
mujaya1:

My friend keep shut.

When the igbos were crying for biafra, why didn't you tell Buhari to let them go?

It is obvious no tribe in Nigeria wants you murderous Fulani parasites. Even the North are banning you guys. Very soon the whole of Nigeria will ban you demons.

Shior!! !

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 14, 2017
9jja:

Wherever he is from is not my business. The bottom line is that his home state is under siege by the very people he killed his fellow Christians for. . Let him deal with it or has he lost his voice?

Last time I checked he was busy deceiving himself with his prayer project.
The more he said his useless prayers, the more his kinsmen were slaughtered like chicken.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Cannonleo(m): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2017
Bede2u:
Lol. I thought it was 'One north' or is Arewa now having cracks in their house? Which of the northern ethnic groups is greater than the Fulani? A group that conquared all the tribes in the north and some in the SW? A group that brought Islam to most of u. Why are u all sad at this development? Have u guys not helped them in killing Igbos in the past?
Look at jos... a once serene city with the best climate and tourism potential in Nigeria.... now a no-go area because u all embraced the jihadist fulani against reasonable people in the south.
The christian middle belt should look around sub saharan africa and see the most developed countries and ask themselves if muslim countries are among them.
Until the middle belt joins the south to cut the hausa-fulani to size, Nigeria wont move forward.
your a true son of your father. I always tell my friends and associates that our inability to overcome our delusions of grandeur in the south of Nigeria is one of the reasons why the core north will always ride us.

Any politician can win without the support of the core north, jigosnist niggers will call me bluff, despite having chicken and cows as additional voters with an averagely literate population moved by incantations of the elites, the electoral law is straight forward, highest number votes and "25%" in two third of all states.
Even if they pack 20m voters for themselves once the middle belt and south unite and ensure that no northern candidate without a conscience and cabal oriented gets that 25% in all states streching from the Atlantic to the Niger , then that's where you will see the north forming desperado and seeking alliance , and that is where we strike and demand just representation.

In short I leave you with trumps victory as an example
popular votes -clinton
electoral college- trump

Winner =trump
they will realize that they have takeN us for granted.
but alas the no of sell out,greedy babaric politicians in the south will never sit down to think, so the north rub it in our faces how good they can divide and rule us,

Middle belt open your eyes, your the bride the north will joke with but never repair

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by sayisayi(m): 10:43am On Nov 14, 2017
malton:

Okay, here's why:

When the white men made to enter Plateau during the pre-colonial times, the locals resisted them. Then came the colonial days, and the beginning of tin mining activities. In an effort to get back at the locals, the oyibo men "imported" workers from Bauchi and provided them lands to build, sidelining the locals.

People from different parts of the country began to take notice of this and trooped into Jos in droves. Of these people, the Hausas and Igbos were the majority. The locals were mainly settled in villages at the time. Jos north was the commercial nerve center of the town then. So it attracted the most population of people. Unfortunately, with the mass emigration of Igbos before and during the civil war, the Hausas bought houses from departing Igbos at giveaway prices. They capitalised on that to build the population that you speak of.

Also, it is for this same reason that they did everything necessary to get Hausa into the church. When the missionaries came, they wanted to use Ngas, one of the major Plateau indigenous languages, but the colonial masters resisted their attempts, forcing them to adopt Hausa instead.

Unfortunately, we have people like Lalong who is too dumb to help reverse all these. Asides Jang, all other Plateau leaders have been too lilly livered to tackle the issues head-on.

Reading knowledge is like drinking fresh spring water

grin

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by fadaonyenna(m): 10:44am On Nov 14, 2017
malton:

Bros, this governor is a bastard!

I am ashamed to even refer to him as that. Very useless man! He's a mistake of a person.
Ai quite agree wit u based on d bastard level grin
Rumors ve it dat he aint an indigene of P state..asin he b bako......dat aside!!
GNS wuld ve taken diz state 2 d next level,if dey hadn't snuffed life outta d gentle man
Lalong so far,have neglected his fellow xtians,all he prides his self on is paying salaries which is very laughable
Nxt year he is gonna organize LGC and councillorship election,going by his body lang he intends 2 give jos north chairmanship 2 a muslim,nao tell mi diz man is sane upstairs
LGC election was d main reason we had crisis 2008 whc unfortunately was vert bloody....cnt fiz dumbass gov jes use his num6 and kwantinue wit d current arrangement of appointments? ??
Its quite appaling dat my darling state is being overrun by blood thirsty satanic herdsmen, while awa supposedly chief security officer in d state is aiding and abeting em.....

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by delishpot: 10:52am On Nov 14, 2017
By force marriage. Change is here.
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by fadaonyenna(m): 10:53am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=malton post=62361489]

Bros, I feel no regrets at all. I didn't do or fail to do anything personally. However, I admit that I wish our forefathers never allowed that nonsense to happen in the first place. Who in their right senses would side the actual enemy against a perceived one? They were all made to believe that the Igbo man was the enemy, ironically, by the enemy. It's a shame.

At the emboldened, I'd rather that 100 times over. I've always considered the Igbo people on the Plateau family. They contribute to its growth and development. They are nothing like those blood sucker, Lalong brothers.

Shey he will soon do and be going. Na to delist dem sharp sharp. Thank God say na just typing. [/quote
Nice write up bruv,ao ai wish evry Northerner wee ve diz ur mentality,personally am more plateau than Igbo,na diz state mama born me na hia ai grow and na hia ai feel comfortable 2 call home....lalong don destroy diz state jes unda 2yrx....ai remember all d crisis we wey join hand beef diz nighurs...buh lalong forgot evrytin and he is nao wining and dining wit em enemies
Buh issokay sha ai pray plateau arise and vote d bako bck 2 Taraba wia he originated from.....

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by fadaonyenna(m): 10:56am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=HAH post=62358034]If this people say Hausa- Fulani cannot claim plateau why are the oldest parts of jos their capital all belonging to Hausa's [/quote
Warris diz one tokin kuma Wia and wia in jos belong 2 d hausas? Xtains all ran away from Nassaraw gwong angwan rogo and d likes during crisis likewise the hausas hu left Apata Utan rock haven and d likes
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by me69: 11:06am On Nov 14, 2017
Northern christian communities are behaving as a group of bush animals, they don't want peace at all always looking to provoke other communities. Una dey make mouth but if war start now, how many are u people in the north oooo, make dey no erase una communities ones and for all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by malton: 11:27am On Nov 14, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

@malton is this true?

See my reply to him below:

malton:

What's this one saying?!

I hope you know that the emir of Wase is originally from Bauchi? Were it not for colonial manipulations, you won't be saying this rubbish!

Wase is an emirate and the biggest LGA in Plateau State, yes, but the rest of what he said is gibberish! I'm from Kanam LGA, which is the other emirate in Plateau State (there are just those two).

To help you understand, here's a little intro:

The highest number of indigenous Plateau Muslims are concentrated in these two LGAs (My local government is about 50% Muslims, 30% Christians, and 20 percent pagans/traditionalists. Wase should be about 60/40, ignoring pagans). My LGA shares boundaries with Bauchi and Wase.

Heart of the matter:

During the the colonial times, the Colonialists coopted some parts of the middlebelt into the Bauchi emirate, most of whom later resisted the tag. Those two local governments, however, did not. This was because they had a significant number of indigenous people who were voluntarily converting to Islam. The Jukun people in Wase, then predominantly Muslims, didn't see anything wrong with the tag, while the Bogghom people had got into contact with the Bauchi people, and so felt the need to remain as an emirate.

While the emir of Kanam is traditionally a Bogghom person, the emir of Wase was appointed by the Bauchi emirate, and hence, a Bauchi man. They considered the locals not religious enough, as there were still many pagans amongst them at the time. Plus, they had a liberal mindset.

More than 2/3rd of Wase was a wasteland at the time, so the Bauchi emirate moved some of their people and settled them there with the help of the colonial masters. That was how Bauchi people got to Wase.

Its vast land area and proximity to Wukari, Taraba State, makes Wase a magnet of the nomadic Fulanis. Today, there are many fulanis herding their cattle there. But to suggest that the emir is Fulani or there are indigenous Fulanis in Wase is too much of a stretch. Besides, the emir rules over the imported muslims only, while the other tribes have their own rulers. In spite of its almost 2,000 square km of land, Wase does not have up to 50,000 people. Don't believe the almost 200k figures you see online. Of this population, the imported muslims and nomadic Fulanis won't make up to 30%. It's all politics and religion.

Meanwhile, the Bogghom people are already negotiating the sack of the emir and want to replace him with Pangkwal Bogghom. Meaning only Wase will be left as an emirate. However, this useless Lalong isn't cooperating. Funny enough, the people at the forefront of the campaign are Muslims. grin. Guess the almost equal mix of Christians/Muslims in most families has been helpful in shaping up their psyche.

Sorry for the long 'tory; felt I needed to burst his lies with facts.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by ernieboy(m): 11:30am On Nov 14, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
There is nothing like equity justice and fairness in the zoo..... If you doubt me....

Ask lalong... His hands are tied
he is a coward, most of our leaders are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omojuwa, Ogunlesi, Ogundamisi Receives 4 Million Monthly From Osinbajo-leadersng / EFCC Arrests Woman With 18 Voter Cards In Kaduna, Vote Buyers (Photos) / Shehu of Borno Escapes Bomb Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.