Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad (30930 Views)

A Nigerian Man Studying Abroad Has Been Found Dead In His Apartment. / Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad / ₦7m Bulletproof Classroom Shelter That Can Withstand School Shooters(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Explorerx(m): 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2017
silverspringle:
Some of you on this NL were not properly brought up. You lack serious home home training. If after reading what this guy has said and all you could come up with is that crap then I blame your mother/father for not doing their job as parents
Mumu...why bringing his parents into this matter and even insulting them
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by shabzy95(m): 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2017
bettercreature:
You are absolutely right,he should have placed himself on Leave and go out there to work even before the school did it for him
They are just clueless students probably the children of clueless party members in fact cluelessness runs in thei blood
You guyz think abroad is like nigeria, even if he find a job it's will be a per time job and it won't cover all his debts. How much would they pay him 7or8 dollar. We just think things are easy there
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Bizibi(m): 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2017
Wike need to step up.....
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by TheCongo2: 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2017
chennySman:
I've never been on scholarship but I'm having a similar situation.... Mine may be a little bit worse. I'm in the fifth year of study at a medical university in Russia. My father has been the one paying my fees since the beginning of my course. I lost my elder brother last year, he used to support with some money that I use for upkeep, it was a very terrible loss. Shortly after that my father had an auto accident that has left him incapacitated since then. As I'm typing this message, I'm in my room as I've not been able to pay both the tuition and my rent. The school authority has asked me to stop attending classes. And I don't know who to call for help. My father is critically ill and I'm sure if he hears that I'm going to be sent home soon his condition will get worse as he's suffering from Arterial hypertension before the accident. Please if anyone is reading this and has a way to assist me, even if it's not going to be personal, you can help me talk to anyone or any group who might be able to help me. I can provide all credentials if need be. Please help me.
simplespecialkenny@gmail.com
You may contact me here or +79648797757. Thank you

Why don't you open a new thread for visibility
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by concho(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2017
Squirrel01:

You think to enter street for Russia and survive easy?? you know whether him get skills? you and I know you can't work in russia legally without papers.
Av never been to any europian embassy, not to talk of going to europe. But with the litle i knw, menial jobs dsnt require any skill. He is the one in rusia and shld also be the one to sieve my advice n take the one that will benefit him. As i said, no one can help him from here, except his family. And i will never advice him to come bk , unless it a matter of life and death .
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Squirrel01: 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
concho:
Av never been to any europian embassy, not to talk of going to europe. But with the litle i knw, menial jobs dsnt require any skill. He is the one in rusia and shld also be the one to sieve my advice n take the one that will benefit him. As i said, no one can help him from here, except his family. And i will never advice him to come bk , unless it a matter of life and death .

which menial job? you mean dancing gogo dance for underground clubs? or teaching English to pupils? you realize that being illegal in Russia is very very bad. it's always good to stay legal in your host country than hiding like a fugitive.
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by vivie01(f): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2017
Alexanderbells2:

It's quite amazingly sad that someone like you, who was duped over $150 by a fake travel agent just because you're so desperate to travel and become an illegal immigrant can come here, open your dirty stinky mouth and abuse someone who went out of his way for quality education.
He went there LEGALLY to study and you're here shouting your colones who are overseas Ilegally.
And that troll that said he should come back to Auchi poly, don't always try too hard to be funny. Sometimes, dey use your head.
Wike should not by any means play politics with the life of these children. Because one thing about studying in the UK for masters is that WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH THE PROGRAM, IT'S GUARANTEED YOU'RE COMING BACK HOME TO NIGERIA. So they're coming back to help the economy.
It's time to pay their fee off Oga Wike.
Peace.

Thank you for this post!

Honestly, reasoning level of some people here is quite unbelievable! Hypocrisy at its peak!

I was expecting that the government who happened to be politicizing everything and thus toying with the future of innocent youths should be attacked with words here!

Anyway, its not entirely new, NL is now filled with lots of dumbos and ignorant kids.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Sexyolori(f): 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2017
Joephat:
That's bad upbringing

Ppl do leave Nigeria illegally to go and survive over there and here you are complaining.

Why not leave them n go hustle

See your face self, Egbo encrusted face

You look so unintelligent

How did you get the scholarship?
Sense fall on you
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Ibime(m): 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2017
bakynes:
Na Laziness dey worry this one, UK wey work plenty, wey Citizens no fit do put will fetch you good money at least they gave them 20hrs/week to work. My own time I work as I was schooling and I made good money and also made a good result.

My friend shut up. Did you ever have to find £24k to pay 2 years school fee outstanding? Can 20 hrs/week get you anywhere near £24k?

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by mamawin(f): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2017
condralbedez:
My desire is to return to school, complete my degree and become a graduate so that I can apply the skills that I have acquired to the benefit of the society,” he said.

Taaaaaaaa, Who u won scam? Which society? So u are telling me that after your studies u will return back to Nigeria?My friend tell me another story or come back, we that's here are still breathing!.
I just dey watch you like this!!
Baaaad guy! lol
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by condralbedez: 4:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
mamawin:
Baaaad guy! lol
xup my dear?
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by nextstep(m): 4:39pm On Nov 14, 2017
condralbedez:
My desire is to return to school, complete my degree and become a graduate so that I can apply the skills that I have acquired to the benefit of the society,” he said.

Taaaaaaaa, Who u won scam? Which society? So u are telling me that after your studies u will return back to Nigeria?My friend tell me another story or come back, we that's here are still breathing!.
I just dey watch you like this!!

That's the one that made me laugh... as if he will ever come back to Naija!
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by bakynes(m): 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ibime:

My friend shut up. Did you ever have to find £24k to pay 2 years school fee outstanding? Can 20 hrs/week get you anywhere near £24k?
Mumu am talking of his accommodation and Maintenance. Can't you see where he said he is depending on friends for food and shelter.
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by iamDjSkukie(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2017
It's very unfortunate in dis country that we lack continuity. So d present administration of river state Govt led by wike refuse to pay dere upkeep and tuition fee all bcoz d scholarship wasn't awarded in his tenure.

I pray dis guys find help b4 it get out of hands.
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
this one still they complain say govt no help them,na by force to go skool,abeg shut up for there and go hustle for pounds.
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by TEYA: 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2017
Joephat:
That's bad upbringing

Ppl do leave Nigeria illegally to go and survive over there and here you are complaining.

Why not leave them n go hustle

See your face self, Egbo encrusted face

You look so unintelligent

How did you get the scholarship?
You wey visa fraudsters dey dupe anyhow get mind to call another person unintelligent. Hmmm.
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Sanchase: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2017
Does anyone have his account number, hopefully £10,000 can assist him to pay his remaining fees.
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by condralbedez: 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2017
nextstep:

That's the one that made me laugh... as if he will ever come back to Naija!
Dont mind him, we know their types.
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by frank41(m): 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
bettercreature:
You are absolutely right,he should have placed himself on Leave and go out there to work even before the school did it for him
They are just clueless students probably the children of clueless party members in fact cluelessness runs in thei blood

Bro life is not all that easy in UK,as u think
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by frank41(m): 6:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
brainpulse:
Now when it involves Wike, all of his supporters have decided not to talk about it. The other day Wike was talking rudely to these guys as if they are beggars and nobody, which never happened during Ameachi.
The goat could go and watch life matches abroad while leaving his students to rot away in a foreign land.

That is naija for you .. had it been they were his children,they won't mind spending/sending the whole state allocation to them.
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Jaydenjohnson(m): 6:11pm On Nov 14, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
This is your best comment yet, its only a lazy man that will travel abroad and not be resourceful

When you dont know something ask questions.... He is on scholarship.... They want get work permit, they would only be allowed to do a few very low paying jobs
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2017
Jaydenjohnson:

When you dont know something ask questions.... He is on scholarship.... They want get work permit, they would only be allowed to do a few very low paying jobs
Mr man, you are allowed to work 20hrs a week, let him keep waiting for government without raising money to get his certificates and make a career. It's only a jewman that will go to yankee and be dulling, I have a lot of friends that study and work abroad, their parents remit mostly tuition and that's it
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Jaydenjohnson(m): 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Mr man, you are allowed to work 20hrs a week, let him keep waiting for government without raising money to get his certificates and make a career. It's only a jewman that will go to yankee and be dulling, I have a lot of friends that study and work abroad, their parents remit mostly tuition and that's it

They re in UK (jand) not yankee (US) be claiming sabi and you dont even Know on where is where
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2017
Jaydenjohnson:

They re in UK (jand) not yankee (US) be claiming sabi and you dont even Know on where is where
my mum's younger brother is a Canadian citizen now, he studied in the UK on a government scholarship same thing happened to him, he had to come back to Nigeria to source for funds and go back, at a point he was even stranded here and stayed in my crib for close to a year, mind you while he was schooling he was doing multiple jobs to make ends meet. it's all good my man
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Joshuazedd(m): 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
bettercreature:

read, you will not read.. Only to spew trash. If u have problem with ppl studying abroad, that's ur problem. He clearly stated that he works but they re limited to certain works as foreigners which can't pay his dues
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Ibime(m): 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2017
bakynes:

Mumu am talking of his accommodation and Maintenance. Can't you see where he said he is depending on friends for food and shelter.

Mumu someone is talking of school fees you are talking nonsense. The guy already said he is working the maximum allowed 20 hrs per week and you are opening your mouth to yarn opata. Have you ever lived abroad? Which accomodation and living expenses will 20 hrs a week of unskilled labour purchase? Mumu.

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by bakynes(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ibime:

Mumu someone is talking of school fees you are talking nonsense. The guy already said he is working the maximum allowed 20 hrs per week and you are opening your mouth to yarn opata. Have you ever lived abroad? Which accomodation and living expenses will 20 hrs a week of unskilled labour purchase? Mumu.
Mumu I also did my Masters in London so I know what am saying, I was the one who mentioned 20hrs/week and 40hrs during the holidays so I know about it.
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by chimaobikanu(m): 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2017
After going through the comments on here, I've come to the conclusion that most people on here are so so ignorant! How can someone in his/her right senses be talking about him going on full time hustling when it's not holiday period? Or do you think that he can survive on £6-9/hr X 20hrs/week? Do the math yourself. Do you think the whites are stupid by giving you a certain number of time to work during study....? Why am I even wasting my precious time on people who talk, before they think..... Meanwhile, it's advisable that before you come to display your high level of ignorance, please do research deeply.

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Elxandre(m): 3:49am On Nov 15, 2017
bettercreature:
People are putting themselves on Leave in Nigeria let alone Uk,He should have done that and continue later or simply drop out and continue later
IIt's not about the leave.
Can he find a job that can pay the fees?
Re: I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad by Gwan2(m): 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
bakynes:

Done that

I dint see the response........08125375786, Give me a beep on those digits pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Advice; Degree In Nursing Or Degree In Electrical Engineering / UNILAG Postgraduate Past Questions And Answers PDF Free Download / Cultism: Taraba State University Expels 8 Cultists, Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.