Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,995 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP (18491 Views)

2023: Trouble For Osinbajo - The Sun / Little Girl Hugs Yemi Osinbajo, The VP (Caption Photo) / Osinbajo: The Only Reason I Would Resign, I Didn’t Beg To Be VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Daminaj1(f): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
This is a must read for all. If you are currently working hard and it seems like you are not getting the recognition and respect you deserve, keep pushing as you will read the rewards of your efforts soon!

Read this inspiring story below
http://www.daminaj.com/2017/11/inspiring-story-of-typist-as-told-by-vp.html

While I was teaching at the University of Lagos, as a young lecturer, in the department of Public Law in the Faculty of Law, there were 3 typists in the department. The chief typist, senior typist, and the junior typist. Because in those days before laptops and personal computers, typists in universities had to do a lot of work and they were very important because you always needed to type all your materials.

When there was work to do, what l discovered was that the chief typist would disappear. He works only till 4 pm. The senior typist would be nowhere to be found. But a gentleman called Adereni the junior typist, who only had his school certificate, was remarkably hardworking. Sometimes I would drop him off at his home at 1am.

Years after I was working as an adviser to the then Attorney-General of the Federation Hon. Bola Ajibola, who later became a judge of the World Court. While in the court at The Hague, in the Netherlands, one day he called me and asked if I could recommend a good secretary who is hard working and could do long judgments. I had three options, chief typist, senior or this junior typist, but the junior typist at a time had only school certificate, he didn’t have any other qualification but l choose him. He got to the Hague, and typically worked hard and diligently.

Every judge in the court wanted him to work with them. He later moved his family over to the Hague and got degrees and made a good living for himself. One day he remembered me and actually sent me a car.

https://www.facebook.com/professoryemiosinbajo/posts/1354782024632160

49 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by BBPIA(m): 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
Moral of the story, be diligent in your work

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Alexgeneration(m): 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hard work and diligence pays.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by quiverfull(m): 12:22am On Nov 15, 2017
Don't look down on anybody...

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Secretgis: 12:33am On Nov 15, 2017
truthfully if u are driving and u see this lady at the b/stop will u stop [url=https://newzpotter..com.ng/2017/11/braless-brandi-glanville-flashes-flesh.html][/url]
Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Ajebusta(m): 2:29am On Nov 15, 2017
Secretgis:
story teller
ahahahah

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by realborn(m): 5:33am On Nov 15, 2017
Awwwww.

The 10,000-hour rule cites that 10,000 hours of deliberate practice lead to compleat adroitness in any field.

When wrapped in diligence, focus and hard work, it leads to absolute dexterity, and there is absolutely no limit to the professional value to be earned.

The typist moved from the dusty Unilag paper room to the prestigious hague primarily on the premise of good attitude and imbibed culture of excellence.

Everyone should choose a path early. Diligence is always rewarded.

Great Story by Prof. Osinbajo smiley

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Adebola02(m): 5:52am On Nov 15, 2017
This reminds me of the poor working ethics of some OAU Non academic staffs.. .especially those working in senate building,

I hope they see this story and learn the reward of hard work and deligence.

What an insipring story by VP Osinbajo
Thank you sir

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by ettybaba(m): 6:01am On Nov 15, 2017
Hard work and diligence pay.
Thanks for sharing this with us sir.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Atiku2019: 6:05am On Nov 15, 2017
Inspiring cool

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by dnawah(m): 6:51am On Nov 15, 2017
Daminaj1:
This is a must read for all. If you are currently working hard and it seems like you are not getting the recognition and respect you deserve, keep pushing as you will read the rewards of your efforts soon!

Read this inspiring story below. cc lalasticlala mynd44
http://www.daminaj.com/2017/11/inspiring-story-of-typist-as-told-by-vp.html

[b] While I was teaching at the University of Lagos, as a young lecturer, in the department of Public Law in the Faculty of Law, there were 3 typists in the department. The chief typist, senior typist, and the junior typist. Because in those days before laptops and personal computers, typists in universities had to do a lot of work and they were very important because you always needed to type all your materials.

When there was work to do, what l discovered was that the chief typist would disappear. He works only till 4 pm. The senior typist would be nowhere to be found. But a gentleman called Adereni the junior typist, who only had his school certificate, was remarkably hardworking. Sometimes I would drop him off at his home at 1am.

Years after I was working as an adviser to the then Attorney-General of the Federation Hon. Bola Ajibola, who later became a judge of the World Court. While in the court at The Hague, in the Netherlands, one day he called me and asked if I could recommend a good secretary who is hard working and could do long judgments. I had three options, chief typist, senior or this junior typist, but the junior typist at a time had only school certificate, he didn’t have any other qualification but l choose him. He got to the Hague, and typically worked hard and diligently.

Every judge in the court wanted him to work with them. He later moved his family over to the Hague and got degrees and made a good living for himself. One day he remembered me and actually sent me a car. [/b]
this is more of parable than a story.the three major tribes in Nigeria.somebody from one of the tribes.had only school cert work hard and became...........the rest is a story.

8 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Daminaj1(f): 10:23am On Nov 15, 2017
ettybaba:
Hard work and diligence pay.
Thank for sharing this with us sir.

Yes it does

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by ConcernedWife: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2017
Job search for Hubby - Help a Concerned wife

Pls nairalanders, I thought about this for a long time before I decided to make this announcement. I made sure I exhausted every possible means before coming down here. Please do not crucify me.

I can't divulge everything her . I am looking for a job for my sweetheart . You know when a man with children is out of job.

Anyone please help.

location - lagos

He was a former banker-not sacked.

contact me on affiliatemess@gmail.com

6 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by brainpulse: 10:58am On Nov 15, 2017
A good one, hard work and right attitude pays and don't play office politics for promotion, it wont last long.

Our VP has been working for so many years in many reputable establishments and with experiences. I will say he's fulfilled.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Teewhy2: 10:59am On Nov 15, 2017
Nobody Knows tomorrow, in the little thing (hustle) we are doing let us be sincere and faithful in it and do it diligently.
someone somewhere might be watching us and when the opportunity comes those little things will count a lot.
I am sure the chief and senior typist will be envy of the man and also regretting their actions.

Are you planning for your roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by dukie25: 10:59am On Nov 15, 2017
Osinbanjo can Lia (Mohammed) for Africa. There was no typist by the name Adereni, he made it up just to prove he's compassionate.
Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by designVATExcel: 11:00am On Nov 15, 2017
Hard work pays. No two ways about it. It can be tarried but not denied.

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by emmanude(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2017
Hmm.. If only they can reward all those working really hard for donkey years as contract staffs of banks,factory workers et al
cos its one thing to say,its another thing to do when "they" (our leaders) get into office.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by justi4jesu(f): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2017
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by victop11(m): 11:01am On Nov 15, 2017
Awesome
Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by mfujah(m): 11:02am On Nov 15, 2017
Am inspired boss....

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by nairalandfreak(m): 11:02am On Nov 15, 2017
Good moral story
Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2017
ConcernedWife:
Job search for Hubby - Help a Concerned wife

Pls nairalanders, I thought about this for a long time before I decided to make this announcement. I made sure I exhausted every possible means before coming down here. Please do not crucify me.

I can't divulge everything her . I am looking for a job for my sweetheart . You know when a man with children is out of job.

Anyone please help.

location - lagos

He was a former banker-not sacked.

contact me on affiliatemess@gmail.com

Good wife. I wish you luck !

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by bfmconcepts: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2017
This man is an embodiment of encouragement, his life style, his words, his character is a total inspiration

4 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by niceprof: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2017
Every great man you see today is a man greatly helped by God through other men.

6 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by itiswellandwell: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2017
Nice one sir.

Check my signature for ongoing promo of our full capacity powerbank.
Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2017
Listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle

6 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by correctguy101(m): 11:08am On Nov 15, 2017
I follow him on his official Twitter page. An inspiring tale....

All those despising their current bosses, learn from this.....

If more responsibility is given you, it's cos you're seen as an able hand and the trust in you is not in doubt. Once any recommendation surface, your name must come to mind...

God bless you VP Osinbanjo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by lazygal: 11:08am On Nov 15, 2017
Secretgis:
story teller

If you do not see the moral of the story then accept my condolence ....you are lost

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Walelavender(m): 11:08am On Nov 15, 2017
Very inspirational. Diligence pays. Nothing substitutes hardwork.

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by Dizu(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2017
dukie25:
Osinbanjo can Lia (Mohammed) for Africa. There was no typist by the name Adereni, he made it up just to prove he's compassionate.
u are an otu

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo & The UNILAG Junior Typist: An Inspiring Story Told By The VP by 9jatatafo(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2017
very inspiring

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Save Us From Persecution- IPOB Urges Trump. / President Buhari Dissolves NABTEB Board / Simon Kolawoke: Mr President Buhari, Nigeria Must Not Go Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.