Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,465 members, 7,781,347 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:55 PM

Why Can't I Find Nigerian Businesses To Export To The UK? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Can't I Find Nigerian Businesses To Export To The UK? (768 Views)

Why Can't The CBN Just Print More Money? / Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month / 16 Businesses To Start In Nigeria With N50,000 Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't I Find Nigerian Businesses To Export To The UK? by topup: 1:11am On Nov 15, 2017
I live outside of Nigeria and I would love to purchase items from Nigeria to sell abroad.

I have tried using the internet to find sellers, similar to how you can use Aliexpress or Alibaba.com to purchase items direct from China - however, I can't find a single website where items can be purchased from Nigeria and delivered abroad.

Is there some type of government restriction? I don't understand how Nairaland and Nigerians as a whole are very entrepreneurial and business savy, yet if I want to buy something from Nigeria, I have to come here physically and meet the seller face to face.

Of course, security and legitimacy of business transactions are to be considered especially when carried out online, however, there are ways to safeguard against that, am I missing something here?

If there are businesses that ship their wares abroad, please can you share their names or website address/emails with me - thank you.
Re: Why Can't I Find Nigerian Businesses To Export To The UK? by dorispray: 3:17am On Nov 15, 2017
topup:
I live outside of Nigeria and I would love to purchase items from Nigeria to sell abroad.

I have tried using the internet to find sellers, similar to how you can use Aliexpress or Alibaba.com to purchase items direct from China - however, I can't find a single website where items can be purchased from Nigeria and delivered abroad.

Is there some type of government restriction? I don't understand how Nairaland and Nigerians as a whole are very entrepreneurial and business savy, yet if I want to buy something from Nigeria, I have to come here physically and meet the seller face to face.

Of course, security and legitimacy of business transactions are to be considered especially when carried out online, however, there are ways to safeguard against that, am I missing something here?

If there are businesses that ship their wares abroad, please can you share their names or website address/emails with me - thank you.

Well the major problem I see here is with the shipping of items from Nigeria to destinations abroad because the cost of shipping items outside Nigeria is very high when you want to use the services of popular courier services such as FedEx, UPS, TNT etc. Even the NIPOST/EMS is somehow expensive and to make it worse you cannot easily get their shipment charges online except you physical go to their office with the package you are about to send abroad. Their charges cannot even be easily estimated, they will just give you a certain figure to pay based on what item you are sending and the destination.

A little solution to your problem will be to engage a service provider who can help you procure your items and take it to the Nipost/EMS to send it to your intended destination, or your items can be exported through the NACHO guys who act as a 3rd party shipper/freight forwarders.

Note: I can help you with the procurement of your goods in Nigeria and get the package shipped (exported ) to any part of the world.
Re: Why Can't I Find Nigerian Businesses To Export To The UK? by Marvelous352: 7:24am On Nov 15, 2017
Wha type of goods are you interested in? I can be of help if you are interested in Nigeria food stuffs. you can message me and lets work together . okunolaopeyemi2013@yahoo.com. looking forward to hearing from you
Re: Why Can't I Find Nigerian Businesses To Export To The UK? by Abcdef01: 8:29am On Nov 15, 2017
Email me details of what you want

Iblaw1@yahoo.com
Re: Why Can't I Find Nigerian Businesses To Export To The UK? by Pixeldesign: 9:15am On Nov 15, 2017
Nigerian fashion design wears for both male and female for clients abroad
Momohbiz@gmail.com
Re: Why Can't I Find Nigerian Businesses To Export To The UK? by KarisBright(f): 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hi topup, I ship goods outside the country, specifically raw foodstuffs, beverages, quality Ankara and adire and crafts. 24 hours delivery quaranteed at the nearest airport to you. You can reach me via oluopeesther@gmail.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Why Can't I Find Nigerian Businesses To Export To The UK? by topup: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
First of all thank you all for your replies. Have you considered putting together websites, or an online store? There are websites that allow you to design for free:

wix.com
.com
etc.

I completely understand that FedEx and other popular carriers would be very expensive, but due to the currency exchange from other currencies to Naira, this may still be worth pursuing for buyers abroad.

If you have photographs of your products online that would help greatly. Additionally, whilst there may be several people looking to trap unknowing buyers/sellers. Small purchases can be made, proof can be provided in the form of photographs and forwarded emails, and a good business relationship can be established.

I personally am looking to purchase some of the following:

- Genuine Nigerian Adire (not manufactured abroad).
- Genuine Nigerian Aso Oke (also not manufactured abroad).
- Genuine Nigerian Paintings/Home Decor/Masks/Carvings/Pottery.

I am also looking to purchase hand made wooden products.

It is time that Nigerian products all over the world say "Made in Nigeria" and not "Made in China".
Re: Why Can't I Find Nigerian Businesses To Export To The UK? by kurtisblue: 3:15am On Nov 16, 2017
Nice observation.
I am considering working on something
Like this.
I will get back soon for update .
Thanks op

(1) (Reply)

Help: It's Very Urgent. / Blog With Newly Verified Google Adsense Account For Sale / GET Videomakerfx With Themes And Creates All The Top Explainer Video Styles!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.