Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:19 PM

Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment (2502 Views)

Two Seconds Rattling Sound Coming From Engine On Cold Start .... / Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment / 9 Foot King Cobra Removed From A Van's Glove Compartment In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by clemzo101(m): 4:45am On Nov 15, 2017
There is dis meral grinding sound i hear from my engine compartment, everytime i hear the sound and i report to my mechanic he recommends i should change engine metal, i have changed engine metal twice now and i discover that about 3-4 months after change the sound returns. This time around i contacted a friend who is more experienced and he was very furious, he said my oil pump was the culprit, he said my mechanic should have known that for engine metal to get grinded like that it is because the oil pump wasnt pumping efficiently. What are you thoughts concerning this? I really want to be sure of what the problem is.

Gurus in the house i need your inputs.

Its a TOYOTA CAMRY 2004

Bless you
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by diportivo: 8:15am On Nov 15, 2017
from my experience with this ur model of M.A.N diesel,its because you don't top up the grease compartment every morning

instead of changing metal,just put more grease

thank me later
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by clemzo101(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2017
Its a toyota camry 2004.
diportivo:
from my experience with this ur model of M.A.N diesel,its because you don't top up the grease compartment every morning

thank me later
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by Denn(m): 8:41am On Nov 15, 2017
diportivo:

thank me later

I was actually thinking the F15 fighter jet in question needs a complete overhaul of the missile system in order to get better metal efficiency
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by Denn(m): 8:49am On Nov 15, 2017
clemzo101:
Its a toyota camry 2004.

*Inspect oil pump strainer, clean, better still change oil pump assembly
*Change main bearings, check crankshaft and measure journals for uneven wear, machine if necessary or replace
*Use a better engine oil and service your car regularly
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by clemzo101(m): 9:23am On Nov 15, 2017
Thanks man. I just hope this will not cost me too much because im very broke at the moment.
Denn:

*Inspect oil pump strainer, clean, better still change oil pump assembly
*Change main bearings, check crankshaft and measure journals for uneven wear, machine if necessary or replace
*Use a better engine oil and service your car regularly
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by Denn(m): 9:35am On Nov 15, 2017
clemzo101:
Thanks man. I just hope this will not cost me too much because im very broke at the moment.

Cheaper alternative is to park the car.

All these should have been done upon first time engine was opened
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by clemzo101(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2017
I really need to fix it bros. I work in a very far place. My colleague has bin picking me up daily, i dont want to abuse my priviledges
Denn:

Cheaper alternative is to park the car.

All these should have been done upon first time engine was opened
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by DaimlerBen(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
clemzo101:
I really need to fix it bros. I work in a very far place. My colleague has bin picking me up daily, i dont want to abuse my priviledges
*been
*privileges
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by clemzo101(m): 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
I came here seeking answers to my car issues and one ifiot from no where is here correcting grammar.

2 Likes

Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by diportivo: 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
clemzo101:
Na grammar u come here come correct? U must be high on some cheap osogbo weed. God punish u and ur family. Ediot

the bolded is not necessary...really

clemzo101:
I came here seeking answers to my car issues and one ifiot from no where is here correcting grammar.

answers will come....but first we need to know..

which oil dyu use in ur engine?hope its the Toyota specified 5W30?

how often dyu change the oil?

how long does the rattling sound lasts?few seconds whenever you start it or the sound is always there as long as the engine is running?

answer these questions before I predict...

altho,I already see a replacement engine loading anywhichway
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by xcitedjay(m): 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
The way I see it you have 3 options.

1. Change engine (Half or Complete engine) - Expensive but Reliable
2. Rebuild engine (Change oil pump, Main bearing and Crankshaft) - Less expenses but not that reliable.
3. Park car till month end then Option 1 or 2.
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by cyborg123(m): 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
The first thing to know here is what exactly the mechanic replaces that makes the grinding sound temporarily disappear. I think your mechanic may be a crook.
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by ndidibabe(f): 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
clemzo101:
There is dis meral grinding sound i hear from my engine compartment, everytime i hear the sound and i report to my mechanic he recommends i should change engine metal, i have changed engine metal twice now and i discover that about 3-4 months after change the sound returns. This time around i contacted a friend who is more experienced and he was very furious, he said my oil pump was the culprit, he said my mechanic should have known that for engine metal to get grinded like that it is because the oil pump wasnt pumping efficiently. What are you thoughts concerning this? I really want to be sure of what the problem is.

Gurus in the house i need your inputs.

Its a TOYOTA CAMRY 2004

Bless you
Has it been fixed now??
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by clemzo101(m): 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
My engine finally knocked. Changes the engine and sold d car. Thanks
ndidibabe:
Has it been fixed now??
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by ndidibabe(f): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
clemzo101:
My engine finally knocked. Changes the engine and sold d car. Thanks
Sounds bad. Did the new Engine perform well before it was sold? How much did it cost you to replace and where did u purchase it? Really sorry for my many questions. I have a 2008 camry that I will like to change its engine.
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by clemzo101(m): 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
Bought the engine 250k, it performed extremely well, was just tired of the car, my mechanic pleased with me not to sell it but i just never want to see the car again so i sold it off.
ndidibabe:
Sounds bad. Did the new Engine perform well before it was sold? How much did it cost you to replace and where did u purchase it? Really sorry for my many questions. I have a 2008 camry that I will like to change its engine.
Re: Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment by Polytronafrica: 8:27am On Aug 11, 2018
Use polytron lubricants and thank me later. Call 08033527026 now.

(1) (Reply)

Between Toyota Matrix And Pontiac Vibe / Steps To Drivers Licence Renewal / Obtaining New Driver’s Licence / What's The Best (non-toyota ) Car For Taxi Hailing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.