Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice (2926 Views)

Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? / Whenever He Quarrels With His Wife, She Brings Her 3 Brothers To Come Beat Him / I Have Lost Interest In Having Sex & It's Affecting My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by whiteandblack: 9:49am On Nov 15, 2017
Hi everyone. I'm currently leaving with my 2 younger blood brothers now. I invited them few months back becos I wanted them to come to town so they can be useful to themselves. I have enrolled one to continue his schooling here while another one is learning some skills.

But my issue now is that they are occupying my apartment [mini flat] and this is really affecting my private life. I'm someone who really loves privacy and freedom but I can't really help this with these boys. Inviting a female friend and telling them to excuse me always looks somehow.

Another one is that... I'm in my early 30s and needed to settle down soon but these blood brothers presences have not really been easy inviting my girlfriend over and spending much time with her at home as usual. I'm not too happy with this decision of inviting them to come leave with me.

This is affecting my personal life and my relationship with my girl is the type that loves spending time with me in privacy. I cant afford to be hanking out always with my woman while I have a home. and It wouldn't really make sense asking them to leave now..as it wouldn't make sense to the hearer.

The older one is in his early 20s and just came and doesn't know about the city. I invited them to monitor and help build their lives.

It's not that my girlfriend is complaining but I know I can feel the comfortability in her and it is affecting my private life too.

I'm not confused and needs a matured advise from matured minds here.

Thank you
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by concupiscent: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2017
"Don't understand you, didn't you consider all this before bringing them in? or do you want us to help you with charity funds to secure another apartment for them? Life is not ever going to be comfortable all the time. Key word is compromise"

-concupiscent

11 Likes

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Evablizin(f): 9:58am On Nov 15, 2017
If you have enough money you can rent one room apartment for them.

1 Like

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Oyindidi(f): 10:03am On Nov 15, 2017
They should know when to excuse you. You can send them.to the market together next timegrin
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Samusu(m): 10:11am On Nov 15, 2017
That yhur gurlfriend de come from Mars ne? She no get home?

3 Likes

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Mologi(m): 10:19am On Nov 15, 2017
Guy don't confuse yourself.
Do you want to help your siblings...
Or want an opportunity to be fornicating...

A military officer was given a 3-day leave to go and enjoy with his newly wedded wife. He arrived home and realized that his wife was in her menstrual period! He had to send an SOS message to headquarters, requesting for an extension of his leave days. He prepared his message in the usual military coded language. He wrote:
Soldier: Omega One, this is Omega Twelve. Danger on the field. Red in front. Leave extension requested. Do you read me? Red in front... passage not clear. Extend leave sir!!!
Headquarters replied:
This is Omega One. We read you loud and clear. The danger is minimal! Attack frm the back and resume immediately. Leave extension, denied! I repeat.... Attack with minimal force from the back and resume immediately... Way is clear from behind! Extension denied!
�������

17 Likes

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by whiteandblack: 10:32am On Nov 15, 2017
Evablizin:
If you have enough money you can rent one room apartment for them.

Nice one..but Even if I have enough money to rent them another apartment. These boys are still young to be left alone and they are new here and don't really know their way around the city
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by ifex370(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2017
Mologi:

I was asking myself if these are OPs real brothers as in.. Flesh n blood and not some random relative or sth.. While reading his post...

I cannot understand some people sometimes.. But you hit the nail right in the head...

Bulls eye

3 Likes

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by whiteandblack: 10:35am On Nov 15, 2017
Mologi:

Lol. which kind fornicating. I'm talking privacy and relationship..you are talking about the opportunity of fornicating.

thanks anyway.
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Richy4(m): 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
whiteandblack:

Lol. which kind fornicating. I'm talking privacy and relationship..you are talking about the opportunity of fornicating.

thanks anyway.

You are acting as if u do not know what the guy was talking about and u said u are in your 30s...

If u want to help your siblings, help them... there should not be complain.... U of all people should know that some help comes with inconveniences...Family help is like a sacrifice that one tends to endure for some time .. if u want to entertain your lady friends, there are guest houses that are affordable..those were the reasons for establishing one..

Besides your younger brothers are looking up to you in terms of morality...though u are of age but u can't be doing that in front of your younger ones.. even if nothing is going on in the bedroom

Just saying this because if u want your moral speech to have some weight in future when they are misbehaving with ladies, u have to think...

Asking them to excuse u is like throwing them out because of a woman... u are not in a dormitory where u ask your room mate to excuse u..

6 Likes

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Laird(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
If Money is not an Issue, get an Extra private room apartment with it's own extra room toilet

Or get an extra self contained room to spend time Privately
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
Just imagine the nonsense that's confusing you. Pussy and your two little brothers you brought over to help. Get them a flat and have your space to yourself if you can't deal. It's that simple.

2 Likes

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
Now, I understand why they keep saying that women are the major cause of friction and clashes among siblings.

Men tend to think through their anus once there's a woman in the picture.

1 Like

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Blonchilli(m): 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2017
whiteandblack someday you and your brothers will look back on your hustle together and smile about it. How you all lived in thesame room and compromised. Or you can sacrifice your relationship with your brothers because of selfish reasons like 'privacy' and 'happiness' of your girlfriend. If they're indeed your flesh and blood you will forget all these silly excuse you gave. Food doesn't seem to be the problem, neither does expenses but your privacy and girlfriend? Not that they've caused any sort of trouble!!! I'm disappointed in you.

3 Likes

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by johnstar(m): 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
All bcus of woman u dey think of how to chass your brothers out

Na u knw oo

Na ur decision sha

Bt remember say na family first oo
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by fatymore(f): 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
Your brothers ain't matured cos if they are.. Whenever she comes around they need to excuse you without telling them.. Sit them down and tell them frankly anytime your gf is around, they should go out and play with sand if they can't excuse you.. During school then, whenever I have visitors my younger brother do stay around, sometimes I enjoyed it sometimes I wish he could just excuse US.. But now that he is matured and know what privacy is cos he is having gf Now.. He excuses without hint
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2017
OP...
When my elder brother was single,he lived in a self con. yet he accommodated his 3friends not brothers o, he was dating as at that time .He later moved to a mini flat like yours,2 of them joined him there, the remaining one sleeps over during work days and leaves before weekend, my brother was still dating the same girl, she even made friends with my brother's friends and they took her as their sister,. At a point my sister joined my brother,for her 6months IT .One of his friends relocated to another state ,he was transferred,remaining one and the other one who leaves during the weekend. There was peace all through and he was still dating the same girl, she visits him too. After my sister's IT,she left, then My brother moved to a 2bedroom flat,his friends joined him there and he was still dating the same girl,they maintained peace, and my brother never for once thought about asking them to leave because of his girlfriend, let alone complain,because he knew them from school, they went through a lot together and he took them as his brothers and for your information, he always pay for the house rent alone. He eventually got married to his girlfriend this year and that was when his friends left finally.
For that singular act, he has made an indelible mark on the lives of his friends, even if, it's only one out of the 3,that will appreciate him tomorrow, it's still something cos you don't know tomorrow.
Today, he is blessed, getting promotions at work, recognition by his boss, in short, he is doing well for himself
So OP.. these are your brothers, blood.... don't make that mistake you are about to make. when you meet a good woman ,you will know cos she will stick with you in all weather, she will even encourage you to do well for your siblings, my sister in law did it and today, we don't joke with her at all .She is a doctor,but she never for once complain to my brother about the presence of his friends when they were still dating.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by sisisioge: 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2017
Weyin you dey write Oga? You didn't think they would occupy your miniflat before inviting them? Abi you thought they would stay with your neighbors? Anyways, since you've brought them in and you still need privacy, next is to broaden your space. Upgrade to two bedroom.

It is too late to start crying wolf now, just upgrade. It is well.

1 Like

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by rex444(m): 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
You are just a big big ewu....i don't want to call u a fool ok? Your blood comes before any damn thing, u hear me well? Any damn thing. If ur girl is not comfortable that her husbands whom she is supposed to cook for when ur not around are staying with u,then she is not worth the fight for....use ur damn head
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Chommieblaq(f): 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
Bros if you have money, just move to 2 bedroom flat.
Family comes first, I also understand that you want some alone time with your girlfriend. Forget all these people insulting you, I know you want the best for your siblings that's why you brought them to stay with you.

Get a 2 bedroom flat, your brothers will stay in one room and you take the other room. You get to keep eye on them and at same time have the privacy you want.

1 Like

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by anoda(m): 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
whiteandblack:

Nice one..but Even if I have enough money to rent them another apartment. These boys are still young to be left alone and they are new here and don't really know their way around the city

young Bt you said one is in his 20s, how old d u want dem to be??
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by XTLikeNat777: 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
Oyindidi:
They should know when to excuse you. You can send them.to the market together next timegrin

Wicked!! Lol...
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by ireneidiva(f): 4:14am On Nov 16, 2017
rex444:
You are just a big big ewu....i don't want to call u a fool ok? Your blood comes before any damn thing, u hear me well? Any damn thing. If ur girl is not comfortable that her husbands whom she is supposed to cook for when ur not around are staying with u,then she is not worth the fight for....use ur damn head
Cook for who? You say watin
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 16, 2017
those boys dey thier own,u go bring dem

1 Like

Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Humanistme: 5:42am On Nov 16, 2017
rex444:

only an Igbo man would say this cheesy
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by rex444(m): 7:40am On Nov 16, 2017
ireneidiva:

Cook for who? You say watin
my dear,if u r African, its part of our culture especially from the east that we still brag about. Your husbands brothers are as well ur husband to an extent
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by rex444(m): 7:41am On Nov 16, 2017
Humanistme:

only an Igbo man would say this cheesy
ofcos, I am an igbo and a Nigerian and also a humanitarian
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by luorquay: 9:40am On Nov 16, 2017
Chommieblaq:
Bros if you have money, just move to 2 bedroom flat.
Family comes first, I also understand that you want some alone time with your girlfriend. Forget all these people insulting you, I know you want the best for your siblings that's why you brought them to stay with you.

Get a 2 bedroom flat, your brothers will stay in one room and you take the other room. You get to keep eye on them and at same time have the privacy you want.

Perfect option except if there's a financial constraint in this regard
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by YourCoffin: 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
Bros e be like sey dem even force you to help ur brothers? You dey yan like person wey no drink breast milk wella
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by jaychubi: 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
whiteandblack:
Hi everyone. I'm currently leaving with my 2 younger blood brothers now. I invited them few months back becos I wanted them to come to town so they can be useful to themselves. I have enrolled one to continue his schooling here while another one is learning some skills.

But my issue now is that they are occupying my apartment [mini flat] and this is really affecting my private life. I'm someone who really loves privacy and freedom but I can't really help this with these boys. Inviting a female friend and telling them to excuse me always looks somehow.

Another one is that... I'm in my early 30s and needed to settle down soon but these blood brothers presences have not really been easy inviting my girlfriend over and spending much time with her at home as usual. I'm not too happy with this decision of inviting them to come leave with me.

This is affecting my personal life and my relationship with my girl is the type that loves spending time with me in privacy. I cant afford to be hanking out always with my woman while I have a home. and It wouldn't really make sense asking them to leave now..as it wouldn't make sense to the hearer.

The older one is in his early 20s and just came and doesn't know about the city. I invited them to monitor and help build their lives.

It's not that my girlfriend is complaining but I know I can feel the comfortability in her and it is affecting my private life too.

Thank you

Have u ever heard the word sacrifice, I dnt kw what u r blabbing abt at least ur brothers never forced themselves on you. Be mature n finish what u started or go rent an apartment for them if u can afford it.
Re: I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 17, 2017
whiteandblack:

Thank you

Ok, you need space to have sex with a girl that is not fully and legally married to you?

Say no to premarital sex.

(1) (Reply)

They Beat Him Up After Marriage / Another Girl Today You Wont Believe It. / Kindly Rate me and my Son (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.