Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari (23818 Views)

Give Me More Time To Name My Ministers, Buhari Begs Senate / Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari / Orji Kalu Hosts 8 Ambassadors, Top Government Officials, Others At His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Tecno66: 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
Spylord48:
Based on merit or quota system, which oe abeg?
None. Just tribalism.
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by ivandragon: 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
so even Mailari who has been your legal adviser since 2003 was not known to you?

even Adamu whom you have known for over 40 years was unknown to you?

even Ameachi, Fayemi, Fashola, Ngige & others who were on your campaign train for over 4 months & some of whom wrote your Chatham speech were unknown to you?

even those who are your relatives were unknown to you?

& what about the woman whom you worked with at PTF? she was also unknown to you?

hmm

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by awuf2008: 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
That a president don't know some of his ministers or appointees is a big disgrace to Pmb and Apc. This is pure politicking to deceive people of the SE.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by billyG(m): 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2017
jieta:
this goes to show that buhari and his ministers are not active, i can't be with someone for more than two years and still not have idea about the person. common! what are you even defending, it took buhari six months to appoint this minister and yet two years after he still don't know them.

oga, if am the LG chairman of my state i will know my supervisors.

common read again & comprehend!he said he didnt knew them @ d time he appointed them not now.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Blue3k(m): 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
This headline crazy. It gives you odd impression. He knows who they are but didn't know them before he started doing work with them.
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by VeecThorr(m): 7:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
I bet he knows where "za oza room" is. grin
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Awoleesu(m): 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
But Aisha talk am nah & this old buffoon banned her from granting further interviews... Now he's repeating same lines! Abeg, who replaced Goodluck with Badluck?
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by ihatesycophant(m): 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
jieta:
so baboon like you have common sense.
I'm still contending with your inability to assimilate few paragraphs. Thinking Nigeria is a family circle.
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
ihatesycophant:

Did you read his statement very well? He said, he didn't know them before appointing them but only based it on the record brought to him about them.
Young man, we're not talking of family post here. We're talking of political posts that cut across grids and backgrounds. As a native of Abia, there is no way you will know everyone within Abia state let alone its neighbouring states, lest a far states.
Well, in my journey in life, I have come to realisation that commonsense is not always common and you have to contend with those not having it. Truly you have no commonsense.

Thank you for coming to my aid. No matter how hard you try, you can't enlighten people whose hearts are fixed on what they choose to see.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
ivandragon:
so even Mailari who has been your legal adviser since 2003 was not known to you?

even Adamu whom you have known for over 40 years was unknown to you?

even Ameachi, Fayemi, Fashola, Ngige & others who were on your campaign train for over 4 months & some of whom wrote your Chatham speech were unknown to you?

even those who are your relatives were unknown to you?

& what about the woman whom you worked with at PTF? she was also unknown to you?

hmm

He said he didn't know SOME of them BEFORE they were appointed. Now, you've mentioned these ones, what about SOME others like Enelamah, Kachikwu, etc?

"even Ameachi, Fayemi, Fashola, Ngige & others who were on your campaign train for over 4 months."
You expect him to KNOW those in his 'campaign train' for 4 months?
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Obec70(m): 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
Are we sure this is the president, six months after searching for them? 2years after comes this bombshell!
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by anochuko01(m): 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
shame! despite decades in politics you still never knew key people. shame.
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by bejeria101(m): 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
The lord dullard jubrin ft buhari
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Iamthoney(m): 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
RoyalUc:

So, Fashola, a former Governor is not qualified to be a minister?

And Kemi too?

Alright, on what grounds are they not qualified?
They might qualified to be a minister but not the current ministerial position they are both holding.
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by TheKingdom: 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2017
I saw the speech and my first impression was that this is a fake Buhari, from mannerism, to speech, to body language. The guy was there talking absolute jokes and rubbish, as if he didnt care. He even said something to the effect that people who were/are locked up shouldn't complain because he too was locked up LOL.

Clearly he, whether na Buhari or Jubril from Sudan did not take the speech or the event or even the stupid Igbo red hat leaders/betrayers serious, and frankly didnt have to
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
That man did not know that Ebony state isn't APC but PDP.

APC and cabals didn't equipped this man with details of 2015 campaigns organizers. That the original Buhari used to host each and every PDP defectors, former governors, national, states and House of Representatives assemblies.

Is like Ebony state governor is planning to defect to APC or he's playing on APC corrupt governance.
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
billyG:

common read again & comprehend!he said he didnt knew them @ d time he appointed them not now.
"He didn't know at time he appointed them", is it that he didn't read applications Or was blind and dumb to understand the contents of their applications
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by ddeola: 3:52am On Nov 16, 2017
This man should work closely with his ministers instead of talking trash. If he's to appoint those he knows then, they will all be northerners

Mr president, take it upon yourself to get closer to your ministers and stop giving baseless excuses. undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by ivandragon: 4:40am On Nov 16, 2017
RoyalUc:

He said he didn't know SOME of them BEFORE they were appointed. Now, you've mentioned these ones, what about SOME others like Enelamah, Kachikwu, etc?

"even Ameachi, Fayemi, Fashola, Ngige & others who were on your campaign train for over 4 months."
You expect him to KNOW those in his 'campaign train' for 4 months?

rather than try to make excuses, go to through the list of the cabinet & you will see that he knew more than 60% of his cabinet.

except he is implying in the respect of character, then that would be silly because even married couples of 20 years still get to 'know' themselves daily...

people in his campaign train that he was flying in their jets, they were writing speeches for him... how won't he know them...
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by billyG(m): 7:21am On Nov 16, 2017
Jolar101:

"He didn't know at time he appointed them", is it that he didn't read applications Or was blind and dumb to understand the contents of their applications

dnt b a dumb,do u know much about yur employee via application?is a application a crystal ball that will tell u which worker will perform or who will loot yur money.
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Gistthemedia: 7:28am On Nov 16, 2017
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by talk2percy(m): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2017
OMG...God pls who did we offend? Why do this keep happening to us??
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2017
ivandragon:

rather than try to make excuses, go to through the list of the cabinet & you will see that he knew more than 60% of his cabinet.

except he is implying in the respect of character, then that would be silly because even married couples of 20 years still get to 'know' themselves daily...

people in his campaign train that he was flying in their jets, they were writing speeches for him... how won't he know them...

I am not trying to make excuses. And for your info, I don't defent Buhari/APC neither do I defend GEJ/PDP. I only try to be rational.

Now, what is the difference between what he said and what you are saying. Is "60% of his cabinet" all his appointees?

Mind you, he wasn't just talking about his ministers but all other officials and aids.

BTW, would it have been proper if he appointed only those he knew? Was that even possible?
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2017
Iamthoney:
They might qualified to be a minister but not the current ministerial position they are both holding.

So, why are they not qualified for the "current ministerial position they are both holding?"
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by ivandragon: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2017
RoyalUc:

I am not trying to make excuses. And for your info, I don't defent Buhari/APC neither do I defend GEJ/PDP. I only try to be rational.

Now, what is the difference between what he said and what you are saying. Is "60% of his cabinet" all his appointees?

Mind you, he wasn't just talking about his ministers but all other officials and aids.

BTW, would it have been proper if he appointed only those he knew? Was that even possible?

1.he emphasized on ministers which is why I did not mention any non ministerial post.

2. he knew more than 60% of his cabinet members before their appointment, as such his statement is patently false because he is giving the impression that he knew less than 50% of his cabinet.

its not a function of who supports what, we are all reacting to a statement that is designed to reflect less than the true picture of what was obvious...
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Iamthoney(m): 8:49am On Nov 16, 2017
RoyalUc:

So, why are they not qualified for the "current ministerial position they are both holding?"
What has minister of power brought to the power sector since he was appointed? Any significant improvement? I remember vividly when he was yet a governor he did shade the last administration and as for Aunty kemi, have she leave up to expectation, has our economy improved? I no be PDP supporter and I hope you no be APC supporter too?
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2017
ivandragon:

1.he emphasized on ministers which is why I did not mention any non ministerial post.

2. he knew more than 60% of his cabinet members before their appointment, as such his statement is patently false because he is giving the impression that he knew less than 50% of his cabinet.

its not a function of who supports what, we are all reacting to a statement that is designed to reflect less than the true picture of what was obvious...

"1.he emphasized on ministers which is why I did not mention any non ministerial post."

Did you read the statement? Here is an excerpt:

"President Muhammadu Buhari says he did not know many of his APPOINTEES, INCLUDING MINISTERS as of the time he appointed them into top government positions...He said he only came across their names from the records which he worked with...‘‘ Some of the people holding high positions in the government, LIKE my ministers, will tell you that I didn’t know them from Adam."

I ask you again; would it have been proper if he appointed only those he knew? Was that even possible?
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 9:20am On Nov 16, 2017
Iamthoney:
What has minister of power brought to the power sector since he was appointed? Any significant improvement? I remember vividly when he was yet a governor he did shade the last administration and as for Aunty kemi, have she leave up to expectation, has our economy improved? I no be PDP supporter and I hope you no be APC supporter too?

Even on this forum, some people had reported that there is a significant improvement in their areas (though this might not cover everywhere) and where I stay, we enjoy 20 - 22hours light daily.

Wait o! Don't tell me you expected that Nigeria will become America in 2 years.

Now tell me, what will you see to know the economy and country at large have improved?

Me, I no be PDP supporter and I no be APC supporter. grin
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by gadogado(m): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2017
Another bold face Lie. Let us examine his relationship with just ministers.
Minister of Education- Was his PA when he was PTF chairman
Minister of Water resources- Minister's father was once married to his elder sister
Minister of state Trade- is the daughter in-law of his nephew Mamman Daura
Minister of FCT- is the Son of Mamman Daura's close friend
Minister of Environment (former)- Amina was a founder of Afri projects consortium which executed all PTF projects and headed by Aisha Buhari's cousin, Salihijo Ahmed.
Head of Service- Was accountant at PTF
Minister of state Natl Planning- daughter of former perm sec Yahaya Hamza who was a buhari associate.
Minister of Justice- Was his lawyer when he was challenging his numerous electoral losses, Malami did not charge Buhari legal fees.
Minister of Aviation- his older brother, Abubakar Sirika was one of Buhari's closest friends, In fact, Buhari lived in their house for some time.
Minister of state, foreign affairs- Buhari's chief of staff, Abba Kyari lived in her father's house while a student at Cambridge. She's the daughter of politician Waziri Ibrahim.
His political associates before he became president include ministers of interior, sports, solid minerals, labor, transport, power/works/housing(including state minister), information.

So what is he talking about?
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by ivandragon: 10:02am On Nov 16, 2017
RoyalUc:

"1.he emphasized on ministers which is why I did not mention any non ministerial post."

Did you read the statement? Here is an excerpt:

"President Muhammadu Buhari says he did not know many of his APPOINTEES, INCLUDING MINISTERS as of the time he appointed them into top government positions...He said he only came across their names from the records which he worked with...‘‘ Some of the people holding high positions in the government, LIKE my ministers, will tell you that I didn’t know them from Adam."

I ask you again; would it have been proper if he appointed only those he knew? Was that even possible?

what is your point?

in the small section you just quoted, he referred to ministers twice, he emphasized HIGH positions, so have I contradicted myself?

on your question, it sidesteps the main issue, which is pmb feigning ignorance of most of his ministerial appointees.

if he doesn't know most of those outside his ministerial appointees, then he should have kept them out of his 'analysis' so that it rings true.

I really don't understand why you have a bug up your undies over this issue...
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 10:17am On Nov 16, 2017
ivandragon:

what is your point?

in the small section you just quoted, he referred to ministers twice, he emphasized HIGH positions, so have I contradicted myself?

on your question, it sidesteps the main issue, which is pmb feigning ignorance of most of his ministerial appointees.

if he doesn't know most of those outside his ministerial appointees, then he should have kept them out of his 'analysis' so that it rings true.

I really don't understand why you have a bug up your undies over this issue...

No! I don't have a bug up my undies...it's soldier ants. You know how those guys behave, that is if you've had an encounter with them. grin grin grin
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 16, 2017
billyG:

dnt b a dumb,do u know much about yur employee via application?is a application a crystal ball that will tell u which worker will perform or who will loot yur money.

If you don't know your employees, then you are nothing but a clueless employer.

A man that used to go to state to states for presidential campaigns, don't know politicians while in offices uses states and ministries taxpayers money to funds his presidential elections, he's here lying that he didn't know them from Adam.

We all know that you have been brainwashed by APC corrupt government officials in state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu Sacks Aides To Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi / Breaking! Scores Killed In Yola Blast / Melaye Submits Petition On Corruption By Manitoba To EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.