Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

More Light On The Tithers And Non-tithers Dichotomy! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More Light On The Tithers And Non-tithers Dichotomy! (872 Views)

Tithers And Seed Sowers Like Us "Na Blessing And Favour Dey Rush Us"~ Obiwest / Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers / Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Light On The Tithers And Non-tithers Dichotomy! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
For the sake of easy comprehension I shall be branding Daddy freeze "non tither" and naija pro-tithe preachers "the tithing Pharisees" according to the scripture the pro-tithe preachers always refer to as being used by Jesus to endorse tithing in the new testament in the MESSAGE translation of the BIBLE.
The Jesus tithe scripture
Mark 23:23-24(msg)
23-24"You're hopeless, you religion scholars and Pharisees! Frauds! You keep meticulous account books, tithing on every nickel and dime you get, but on the meat of God's Law, things like fairness and compassion and commitment—the absolute basics!—you carelessly take it or leave it. Careful bookkeeping is commendable, but the basics are required. Do you have any idea how silly you look, writing a life story that's wrong from start to finish, nitpicking over commas and semicolons?
Now I was in a program held by a major mega Church in Abuja recently. The three days gathering capped on the third day being Sunday morning by a famed London based Nigerian pastor saw the crowd at the meeting give the usual energetic thunderous response characteristic of the mostly young millennial populated Nigerian Mega churches affirming the preacher's teaching as true and correct except for a few like me in the pew who don't want to swallow all the preachers thought hook, line and sinker without the slightest examination of the text of scripture if its been preached out of context.
Now the pivotal point being communicated by the preacher from the Mark scripture above is the fact that "Jesus commended the paying of tithe" which as a believer in tithe paying myself I agree to. But that scripture above my fellow comprehension students in English language from even secondary school days help me take a look at it very well because I believe except you want to be cheaply used by today's loose-living immoral, corrupt and greedy Nigeria mega church celebrity pastors then you would agree with me that you need no degree in theology from Yale or Oxford to interpret that scripture.
Now if I'm to interpret that scripture contextually what Jesus was teaching there was even CONDEMNING TITHE and approving LOVE, MERCY, COMPASSION, HELP.
Now Daddy freeze and his anti-tithe campaigners have said it all in the wake of the recent hot verbal exchanges with the pro-tithe side chiefest amongst the messages of Daddy freezs' side being that the POOR and GULLIBLE members of these Mega churches are being milked dry by the celebrity pastors by cashing in on their religious emotions not based on knowledge but mere zeal for God.
Now where I believe these celebrity pastors should be held accountable is in the area of their larger than life attitude to life and their king size lifestyles while those desperately poor members who involves themselves in all sorts of shady dealings to meet up with their partnership and tithing obligations to sponsor the luxury of these larger than life pastors stay in abject penury. I say shady dealing because even the Bible say those desperate to have money can not be INNOCENT. Now take a background look at most of these tithers in mega churches a lot of them leave their servants and maids entitlement unpaid for as long as they wish, don't help their poor family relations, extort their employees but are first to pay their tithe. In short the list of the vices that mark their lack of character is innumerable but still they pride themselves in being prompt tithers at the expense of others in order to command God's blessing in tithing.
Some prominent voices in the same school of thought as Daddy freeze like Anthony cardinal Okojie, Bishop Badejo and intellectual elite- Femi Falana have all posited that if the generation of today's iconic figures in all walks of life had not attended missionary schools and scholarships free of charge they would not have come this far today. But what are eminent Nigerians and celebrity pastors giving back today, nothing rather than to extort the poor through tithing. No average income earner can send his ward to a private religious university in Nigeria today, no member of a mega church down with terminal illness even when advert of such sick members put on TV can get any help from celebrity pastors as they will simply write you off as wearing garment of affliction since the best we have seen of such sick members is that they will later die of lack of assistance.
Now I love to use the example of America's celebrity pastor Rick Warren of the saddle back in California America as a good example on how we Africans copy cat a model from anywhere and practice the opposite, for the information of those who are not aware; Rick Warren's book "purpose driven life" had sold more copies next to the bible as far today's world is concerned and that had made him stupendously rich. But guess pastor Rick's first reflex-- he paid back the salaries he earned as a senior pastor of his own church for 34 years, he once said in one of his daily audio broadcast(daily hope) that he can afford 24 piece of brand new most expensive private jets but he would Rather hire one if he has need for it but would put such money into missions and helping the needy, prisoners and the sick. What would have a Nigerian pastor done after raking in such money, add to his collection of expensive cars, Private jets. Designer shoes and shirts, private universities,new estates to mention but a few, mind you unlike pastor Rick whose money was from a legitimate source theirs is gotten off the poor they are suppose to help.
Now where is the good character, love, mercy, compassion, help that Jesus said is more important than tithing in the Mark Scripture above. As long as I am a tither I also remain a firm supporter of Daddy freeze because he is saying the same thing as Jesus thought. I don't know which Bible Nigeria celebrity pastors are using.
Titus okey Achile George wrote in from Abuja, 09076877147
Re: More Light On The Tithers And Non-tithers Dichotomy! by policy12: 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
Everyone now na analyst.

1 Like

Re: More Light On The Tithers And Non-tithers Dichotomy! by Ranchhoddas: 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
OH GOD!!!
NOT AGAIN!!!

1 Like

Re: More Light On The Tithers And Non-tithers Dichotomy! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2017
policy12:

Everyone now na analyst.
if you have contrary claims pls by all means convince me that's why we are here if you're not comfortable here write me a text with the number on the article.

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Counters Daddy Freeze,explains Importance Of Tithing At Dunamis(p / The Power Of Eve / Mountain Of Fire Pastor Near My Area At Gra Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.