Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension (64720 Views)

The Coronation Of Tsola Emiko As Olu Of Warri (Full Video) / Monarchs Slam Gani Adams For Opposing Coronation Of Yoruba Traditional Rulers / The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by scholes0(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:
Many Yoruba people have been assimilated to Ijaw, just like Tonye cole and his family, a popular example

Lol a Yoruba business mogul who is using the name Tonye because of the benefits he stands to gain from doing so. grin
His mother might even be Ijaw, who knows.

Besides, what is the proportion of people like him to Ijaws who have become Yorubas?
Like 1 ratio 100,000?

2 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 9:03am On Nov 18, 2017
scholes0:

Dude your comparison holds no water.
Ijaw community that claims to be aboriginal just decided that they should have a ruler in 2017... lol does that make sense?

From the time of antiquity till NOW, what have they been doing?

All the Yoruba communties of Kwara and Kogi states are recognized and gazettes nationally, and they all have royal stools dating back into time immemorial.

And yea like diadem wrote earlier, the Apois in Ondo state have assimilated into Yoruba completely.
Arogbos are halfway there and that is ebcause they came after the Apois and have been settles in Ondo area fpr a lesser period of time.
No yoruba in the north full stop. Is Hausa not the language of the north or is it yoruba

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by scholes0(m): 9:12am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

No yoruba in the north full stop. Is Hausa not the language of the north or is it yoruba

lol go and speak Hausa in Kwara and Kogi na...
lol your knowledge of geography is just 25%

All you know is North this Ijaw that.
Was Igbo not the major language in the Eastern region that you Eastern ijaws were UNDER until the civil war that liberated you folks that now makes you folks stup.id enough to be staking claims in far flung places?

That is what happens when people speak of places they’ve never been to nor know nothing about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 9:16am On Nov 18, 2017
scholes0:

lol go and speak Hausa in Kwara and Kogi na...
lol your knowledge of geography is just 25%

All you know is North this Ijaw that.
Was Igbo not the major language in the Eastern region that you Eastern ijaws were UNDER until the civil war that liberated you folks that now makes you folks stup.id enough to be staking claims in far flung places?

That is what happens when people speak of places they’ve never been to nor know nothing about.
There is no Yoruba in the north they are all settlers in hausa-fulani land, if in doubt ask the FULANI EMIR IN ILORIN
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by scholes0(m): 9:19am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

There is no Yoruba in the north they are all settlers in hausa-fulani land, if in doubt ask the FULANI EMIR IN ILORIN

lol I give up on you breh.
Amir is a religious title of the Muslim faithfuls of Ilorin.
There are also Four Baloguns in Ilorin who are his major chiefs.

All Apois and 60% of Arogbos can’t even speak a word of Ijaw and are only such by name alone. All they know is Yoruba.

You know nothing, even though you claim to know.

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2017
scholes0:

All Apois and 60% of Arogbos can’t even speak a word of Ijaw and are only such by name alone. All they know is Yoruba.

EGBERI, the FULANI EMIR IS THE KING OF KWARA AND EVERY BODY IN KWARA IS UNDER HIS LEADERSHIP , fulani people should be careful with these their omoniapu(slaves)

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by odigbosky(m): 9:28am On Nov 18, 2017
One thing most people dont know is that in Ovia north east there are many pple who speak languages that are not Benin. infact when they speak you will be confuse an example is Utese people and Egbeta community. If you pass Okada town down you will find these communities they are close to the river that seperates Edo and Ondo state. We also have Ogbese as another example. The communities are into cocoa farming. These communities exist and we acknowledge the fact that they do and they have boundaries that even the Benin speaking communities around them respect. But they don't have a King or kingdom, this is the way they exist. The best they can have is a chief or better still a dukedom who has pledge his allegiance to the Oba of Benin. The whole Edo south is for the Oba, no other kingdom can exist in Edo south. Somebody raised the Igbanke issue, yes they cannot have a kingdom. As long as you are in Edo south you cannot have a kingdom because there is and can only be one kingdom in Edo south and that is the Benin Kingdom. Another person who claims he is from Edo and says let the Benins fight their fight doesn't live in Benin because if you do you will not spill that trash. I am Esan from Esan west and i can beat my chest that if it starts it will be an Edo affair. Forget the Benin man and his pride even we Esans have ours like mad.
If you go to Ologbo town the boundary between Edo and Delta state you will find itsekiri communities existing along side the Benin natives even uhrobos of Ugbenu live and coexit there...the ijaws barely have any land to themselves and this is just a deliberate act to claim land for their Toru Ibe state and like i said Pere of Gbaramatu kingdom in Delta state is fueling this....He is a young king and he should not forget how the Late Monarch of Gbaramatu died. That monarch was Tompolo father....The people in Oloidama should know that we Edo loves them but they cannot have a kingdom in Edo south.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by scholes0(m): 9:28am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

EGBERI, the FULANI EMIR IS THE KING OF KWARA AND EVERY BODY IN KWARA IS UNDER HIS LEADERSHIP , fulani people should be careful with these their omoniapu(slaves)

“King of Kwara”

Okay Felicia. grin

2 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 9:30am On Nov 18, 2017
scholes0:

“King of Kwara”

Okay Felicia. grin
Have you bow down to your god today

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by scholes0(m): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

Have you bow down to your god today

The same gods taking all your oil and leaving you people a usess tribe of poor wretched churchrats and a youth population of pipeline bunkerers, cultists and criminals.

grin

That man whose poc you just posted gets his monthly royal pay from probably Bayelsa oil loool
Who is the slave here?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2017
scholes0:

The same gods taking all your oil and leaving you people a teibe of poor chirchrate and a youth population of pil bunkerers and criminals.

grin

That man whose pov you kust posted gets his monthly royal pay from probably Bayelsa oil loool
Who is the slave here?

The fulani emir of Kwara isnt a god to an Ijaw man, he is god to every body in kwara state
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by scholes0(m): 9:36am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

The fulani emir of Kwara isnt a god to an Ijaw man, he is god to every body in kwara state

If he can take your oil and nothing happens then he can do more than what “god” can do in Ijawcreeks.

I don’t want to say “Ijawland” , cause Ijaws historically are lazy swamp rats that have no history.

Purposeless things crowning historyless entities as “kings” in 2017.

4 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 9:42am On Nov 18, 2017
scholes0:

If he can take your oil and nothing happens then he can do more than what “god” can do in Ijawcreeks.

I don’t want to say “Ijawland” , cause Ijaws bistorically are lazy swamprats.

Purposeless things crowning historyless entities as “kings” in 2017.
Yet yorubas leave ogbomosho to work in "Ijaw swamp" how many Ijaws have you seen in ogbomosho, sticks and stones moda4cka, atleast we all recognize the Fulani lords of Kwara as a dynasty to lord over the state of kwara
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by dictbennie(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2017
scholes0:

How did you arrive at this statistics of 60% of Arogbo Ijaws not being able to speak Ijaw? This is hilarious. I do know there are some that truly don't understand Ijaw but they don't stay in the kingdom. Most are of even mixed marriage. I bet you meant to say 70% of Arogbo ijaws don't understand any yoruba word.

2 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2017
scholes0:

The same gods taking all your oil and leaving you people a usess tribe of poor wretched churchrats and a youth population of pipeline bunkerers, cultists and criminals.

grin

That man whose poc you just posted gets his monthly royal pay from probably Bayelsa oil loool
Who is the slave here?

By that logic he gets allocation from Ogun, Lagos and itsekiri land, so you are a slave both culturally and economically and even religiously too
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by 20CRATES(m): 9:51am On Nov 18, 2017
dictbennie:

How did you arrive at this statistics of 60% of Arogbo Ijaws not being able to speak Ijaw? This is hilarious. I do know there are some that truly don't understand Ijaw but they don't stay in the kingdom. Most are of even mixed marriage. I bet you meant to say 70% of Arogbo ijaws don't understand any yoruba word.

Take the stats.
Although It is actually more like 50:50

Arogbos bear more Ijaw names but are mostly billingual
I am talking about the Arogbos of ondo, not those outside it living in Delta or Bayelsa

Scholes0
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by dictbennie(m): 10:44am On Nov 18, 2017
20CRATES:

Take the stats.
Although It is actually more like 50:50

Arogbos bear more Ijaw names but are mostly billingual
I am talking about the Arogbos of ondo, not those outside it living in Delta or Bayelsa

Scholes0

I won't argue with you. The fact that some of us speak Yoruba doesn't mean most back home can. I can authoritatively tell you that 70% of people that reside in the kingdom do not speak a single Yoruba word. About 20% of the people that speak Yoruba can't speak it fluently (mostly business men and women). The remaining 10% are the guys from mixed homes or people that don't go home. You can dwell in whatever is giving you the assurance that Arogbo's are becoming Yoruba's. Take a trip to Arogbo and see things for yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by NonsoPlatinum: 11:13am On Nov 18, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted in the Igbo-British community. Have a look at their channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&list=PL1UutY7_uGmt-RkJ5NRGywNhmIMtIIjw9&index=3
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
hitman2911:
If there were already court cases up to the supreme court involving this land in the 1970's then there should be no need for any more trouble. The winner of the court case then is the owner of the land.
There is also a process of how a King is crowned with respect to approval by the state government, you dont just wake up and make yourself a king. That is an illegal act.

For peace to reign, let the status quo remains.

Thank you, o! shocked That is exactly what I said in an earlier post, when I asked if due process was followed to install the traditional ruler, and one numbskull called me names. Yeye people.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

See this empty barrel making loud noise here, again. sad That guy is trying to educate you for free, in order to cure your ignorance, and instead of you to thank him, you are busy insulting him. Chai! Do you have any idea of what you are talking about? It is like saying every single community in Rivers state, from Ahoada, Ogba or Emuoha to Okrika is under the Amayanabo of Ogu. That is how daft your statement sounds.

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by EgusiShankly: 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2017
odigbosky:
One thing most people dont know is that in Ovia north east there are many pple who speak languages that are not Benin. infact when they speak you will be confuse an example is Utese people and Egbeta community. If you pass Okada town down you will find these communities they are close to the river that seperates Edo and Ondo state. We also have Ogbese as another example. The communities are into cocoa farming. These communities exist and we acknowledge the fact that they do and they have boundaries that even the Benin speaking communities around them respect. But they don't have a King or kingdom, this is the way they exist. The best they can have is a chief or better still a dukedom who has pledge his allegiance to the Oba of Benin. The whole Edo south is for the Oba, no other kingdom can exist in Edo south. Somebody raised the Igbanke issue, yes they cannot have a kingdom. As long as you are in Edo south you cannot have a kingdom because there is and can only be one kingdom in Edo south and that is the Benin Kingdom. Another person who claims he is from Edo and says let the Benins fight their fight doesn't live in Benin because if you do you will not spill that trash. I am Esan from Esan west and i can beat my chest that if it starts it will be an Edo affair. Forget the Benin man and his pride even we Esans have ours like mad.
If you go to Ologbo town the boundary between Edo and Delta state you will find itsekiri communities existing along side the Benin natives even uhrobos of Ugbenu live and coexit there...the ijaws barely have any land to themselves and this is just a deliberate act to claim land for their Toru Ibe state and like i said Pere of Gbaramatu kingdom in Delta state is fueling this....He is a young king and he should not forget how the Late Monarch of Gbaramatu died. That monarch was Tompolo father....The people in Oloidama should know that we Edo loves them but they can not have a kingdom in Edo south.
these land grabbers believe we are disunited..... I'm from Owan.... whatever affects the Binis does the same to me... likewise Esan,Etsako and others

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Punishment1: 4:44am On Nov 19, 2017
EgusiShankly:
these land grabbers believe we are disunited..... I'm from Owan.... whatever affects the Binis does the same to me... likewise Esan,Etsako and others

You're a fool. Why would you fight for the Binis when they look down on you.. If Owan people were under attack by another tribe, do you think these Bini people would care about you?

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by EgusiShankly: 5:58am On Nov 19, 2017
Punishment1:

You're a fool. Why would you fight for the Binis when they look down on you.. If Owan people were under attack by another tribe, do you think these Bini people would care about you?
It's non of business land grabber....

Besides,where do you get your theory "BINIS LOOK DOWN ON OTHERS" from??

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
nengibo:

The same way ilorin and kogi has been assimilated, there are no Yorubas dere

Lol. At least, we have our brethrens in Kogi and Ilorin close to home which already confirmed that it's their ancestral land unlike the Ijaws that have the Itsekiris acting as a demarcation between the Ijaw tenants in Ondo and Benin from their Ijaw brothers in Delta. That's quite ridiculous!

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
dictbennie:

I won't argue with you. The fact that some of us speak Yoruba doesn't mean most back home can. I can authoritatively tell you that 70% of people that reside in the kingdom do not speak a single Yoruba word. About 20% of the people that speak Yoruba can't speak it fluently (mostly business men and women). The remaining 10% are the guys from mixed homes or people that don't go home. You can dwell in whatever is giving you the assurance that Arogbo's are becoming Yoruba's. Take a trip to Arogbo and see things for yourself.

Whatever it is, we don't care. The fact is you and your folks are all tenants in Ondo and Benin.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
diadem10:

Lol. At least, we have our brethrens in Kogi and Ilorin close to home which already confirmed that it's their ancestral land unlike the Ijaws that have the Itsekiris acting as a demarcation between the Ijaw tenants in Ondo and Benin from their Ijaw brothers in Delta. That's quite ridiculous!
Yea almost as ridiculous as a Fulani Emir ruling over your so called brothers
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by dictbennie(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
diadem10:

Whatever it is, we don't care. The fact is you and your folks are all tenants in Ondo and Benin.

Alright. Even the Ilajes and Ikales can't claim such. We've been asking the Ilajes, if they truly got to the riverine part of Ondo State first, how come they occupy the Ocean part in which the water there is not drinkable and basically useless? who would see fresh water and opt for salt water? Oga landlord, if you don't know we are right there in the scheme of things in your house. The present deputy governor is an Ijaw man from Apoi and an Arogbo Ijaw man has become the SSG before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
nengibo:

Yea almost as ridiculous as a Fulani Emir ruling over your so called brothers

Well, the British once ruled Nigeria, it didn't make Nigerian people become British. And for the record, it's only in Ilorin town and the Emir is more or less a Yoruba man with a Yoruba name and a Yoruba wife.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
dictbennie:

Alright. Even the Ilajes and Ikales can't claim such. We've been asking the Ilajes, if they truly got to the riverine part of Ondo State first, how come they occupy the Ocean part in which the water there is not drinkable and basically useless? who would see fresh water and opt for salt water? Oga landlord, if you don't know we are right there in the scheme of things in your house. The present deputy governor is an Ijaw man from Apoi and an Arogbo Ijaw man has become the SSG before.

You're quite dull. Intelligent people often inhabit close to any source of water with which they can use to do a lot thing. It's not just about being a drinking water. That's why the Ilajes worship the god of the sea.

We should be asking you instead why your king is the youngest in Ondo state whereas the Ilaje already had their 23rd King as at 1999. Or why we have the Itsekiri demarcating you tenants in Ondo and Benin from your Ijaw brethrens in Delta. Or why your local govt was named Ese Odo which was named by the Ilaje who inhabited your ancestors who were always found sleeping at the river bank after fishing.

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
dictbennie:

Did you realise Apoi king is a Yoruba man? Lol!

Abeg forget nonsense! We recognise you folks in Ondo state but no inch of Ondo land will be ceded out of it. You and your folks will be the one moved out if you try any rubbish. The Bakasi saga will be a child play compared to this. After all, the Britsih had land treatise with the Olugbo of ugbo, not the Ijaws. Your case will be worse than Bakasi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife / Showcasing Igbo culture / The Afar People (redone)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.