Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:09 AM

Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension (64340 Views)

The Coronation Of Tsola Emiko As Olu Of Warri (Full Video) / Monarchs Slam Gani Adams For Opposing Coronation Of Yoruba Traditional Rulers / The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by rigarmortis: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2017
State creation is an artificial and geopolitical thing, let's say the whole of delta and Edo are still one and the oba is the chairman of the traditional rulers or something like that, then asaba people will have to be under the oba and inform him what the asagba wants to marry a new wife?

Benin is under the oba, no argument, any other territory carved into the state deserve to have their own native as their head, except they willingly choose to pay homage to, or put themselves under the sovereignty of the oba, otherwise they are independent and can choose what they want for themselves

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2017
laudate:

Stop yarning rubbish. In every state, there is a govt ministry that oversees chieftaincy affairs and local govt matters. There are different ethnic groups in Kogi state, and all of them have their traditional appointments gazetted by the govt. Nobody from either the Ebira, or Igala or Yoruba, or Nupe or any other ethnic group can wake up one morning and decide to crown anybody as a traditional ruler of any community. There is a detailed process to follow.
You are just an Ignorant obori, go and read the statement by the edo state government, b4 bring dis ur yoruba man logic into this

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2017
comos:
Any fight against the Binis is a fight against the Edo nation (Bini, Ishan, Afemai, uhrobo, Isoko, Kwale, e.t.c )
They don't understand it yet....

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
GavelSlam:

I asked them a simple question - can any Bini man point to his ancestral home in Gelegele? Yet nobody has been able to answer me.
Them think say Ijaw na only olodiama clan.

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

You are just an Ignorant obori, go and read the statement by the edo state government, b4 bring dis ur yoruba man logic into this
You were born daft, and am not surprised. Instead of using the brain God gave you, to apply logic and wisdom to the situation and discussion, you are busy making unsubstantiated allegations. Do these lies you tell yourself, help you sleep better at night? Oya, I am still waiting for you to provide evidence that Laudate is Yoruba. Onye nzuzu!

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
comos:

Any fight against the Binis is a fight against the Edo nation (Bini, Ishan, Afemai, uhrobo, Isoko, Kwale, e.t.c )

Lets see if the ijaw can match us
Lol, see dis one you wan land grab other different ethnicities into your madness, you will soon claim dey are under your oba too,this clearly shows the bini man is a landgrabber, why you no add Yoruba people join

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
laudate:

You were born daft, and am not surprised. Instead of using the brain God gave you, to apply logic and wisdom to the situation and discussion, you are busy making unsubstantiated allegations. Do these lies you tell yourself, help you sleep better at night? Oya, I am still waiting for you to provide evidence that Laudate is Yoruba. Onye nzuzu!
Onye Afonja

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by rigarmortis: 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
laudate:

Oga shut your mouth or face the man without typing your Google translation Igbo here.

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
laudate:

Anuofia. Oya, provide solid evidence to show that Laudate is Yoruba. Include the name of his town, traditional ruler and local govt area while you are at it. Every correct answer gets 20 marks. Onye eberibe! Everyone can see the deceit and hypocrisy oozing from your words...
If you like speak onitsha, you ooze d basic Afonja traits

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
rigarmortis:

Oga shut your mouth or face the man without typing your Google translation Igbo here.
No mind the claw faced head slammer

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
GodDeyCraze:

Obaseki will intervene, just watch how your Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom would be arrested and handcuffed like a criminal then put in jail.

It's like you want us to give you Ijaw people quick notice from that community. Make una back off
Quick notice to landlord, even Yorubas in Ondo state couldn't do it, you think this is 1920 wer you will attack an ethnic group

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
GodDeyCraze:

Obaseki will intervene, just watch how your Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom would be arrested and handcuffed like a criminal then put in jail.

It's like you want us to give you Ijaw people quick notice from that community. Make una back off
Quick notice to landlord, even Yorubas in Ondo state couldn't do it, you think this is 1920 wer you will attack an indigenous ethnic group and the world will be apolitical.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Efewestern: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
comos:

oshare urhobo no send you.. no drag us enter ur wahala biko,

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Punishment1: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
comos:

Hahaha come on get outta here with that rubbish. Why would other groups(Afemai,Esan,Urhobo,Isoko, etc.) fight on behalf of the Binis, when the Binis look down on those groups.. Let the Binis fight their own battles.

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Punishment1: 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

Lol, see dis one you wan land grab other different ethnicities into your madness, you will soon claim dey are under your oba too,this clearly shows the bini man is a landgrabber, why you no add Yoruba people join

Don't mind these foolish Bini people.

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Fomosco260(m): 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2017
U are very rite i witness it.. Cos am from uwelu
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
rigarmortis:

The oba is not Lord over all Edo state, be guided, so Ika people in igbanke who have a separate identify, who the Benin built moats to keep them away should be under the oba just because their land was carved into another state, their ancestral land that they having been living in for ages. What about the auchi people, they are also under the oba?

Think am Bro
Don't mind the idiot every other ethnic group in Edo state is a migrant, Bini people fall from sky like oduduwa

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by fejikudz(m): 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
Efewestern:

the last time I brought this issue up people were criticising me, the edos are biting more than what they can chew.. First they laid claim of gelegele which is 100% ijaw, secondly the ijaws have every right to have their own ruler/pere/king .

The oba of beni should remember this is not 1703 , any attempt to lord over any group of people will be dealt with, edo I know can't handle the ijaws.

I suggest the carve they little itsekiri and ijaw enclave back to Delta or ondo state, they have no business in Edo.
IN as much i agree with you... i hope the ijaws in bayelsea won't be angry if the urhobos(ofoni people) there decide to have an ovie of ofoni in time to come

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Rett0: 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
Joweezy:
To be accommodated by someone does not mean you have also become the landlord of the place. If the state and the monarch controlling the region deemed it fit to grant such wish or give permission for any group of people to have their own monarch, then it will be official. But this act will bring a breakdown of law and order as well as reducing the power of the existing monarch.
Having community head is more conventional than coronation of a king in a foreign land.

They were not accommodated. Edo and Delta were formerly together as Bendel State so that's their original settlement and NOT a foreign land.... If you understand politics you'll know this hustle is just about OIL and nothing more.
Ijaw settlement and Crude Oil is like 5&6...

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/bini-vs-ijaw-ex-agitators-storm-gelegele-vow-protect-invaders/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/benin-ijaw-battle-land-threatens-obasekis-multi-billion-naira-gelegele-epz-project/

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rett0:

They were not accommodated. Edo and Delta were formerly together as Bendel State so that's their original settlement and NOT a foreign land.... If you understand politics you'll know this hustle is just about OIL and nothing more.
Ijaw settlement and Crude Oil is like 5&6...

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/bini-vs-ijaw-ex-agitators-storm-gelegele-vow-protect-invaders/

Everybody knows it Gelegele is 100% Ijaw, its oil politics & creation of seaport dis bini or beans people want to come and land grab.

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by tishbite41(m): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
Kennydoc:

You're the one talking nonsense.

The Ijaws in Edo state are native to Edo. They are not Binis, and should not be under the jurisdiction of the Oba of Benin.

So that you will understand better and cure yourself of igbophobic hatred, there are Igalas who are native to Anambra State, and their homeland is in Nzam and majority of Anambra West Local Government Area. Nobody forces them to be Igbos neither are they forced to be under any Igbo king.
true talk. Igbos re not interested in lording over anybody
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
fejikudz:
IN as much i agree with you... i hope the ijaws in bayelsea won't be angry if the urhobos(ofoni people) there decide to have an ovie of ofoni in time to come
Ofoni ppl are just urhobo speaking dey also speak Ijaw, dey are under Tarakiri clan, they aren't the only urhobo speaking Ijaw people

http://www.tarakiriclusterfoundation.org/?p=1189

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by linusbnn(m): 5:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
comos:

stop talking nonsense,

will you accept if the Binis crown one of their own as Oba of onitsha in Anambra state ?

Nice question.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by webdesigner1: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
Websites has never been so cheap at top Quality.

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by enomakos(m): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

It was significant enough to take bini to lagos, dont forget your history, a fight against the Ijaws of Edo is a fight against the entire Ijaw nation. Be guided
is gelegele in ijaw land?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by tishbite41(m): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2017
rigarmortis:
State creation is an artificial and geopolitical thing, let's say the whole of delta and Edo are still one and the oba is the chairman of the traditional rulers or something like that, then asaba people will have to be under the oba and inform him what the asagba wants to marry a new wife?

Benin is under the oba, no argument, any other territory carved into the state deserve to have their own native as their head, except they willingly choose to pay homage to, or put themselves under the sovereignty of the oba, otherwise they are independent and can choose what they want for themselves
e tire me

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
Stupidity is when Niger deltans should be fighting together for common cause which is the minority struggle to now be fighting amongst themselves, Bini people abi na Buhari send una to destabilize our Region

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by linusbnn(m): 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
Blackfyre:

Funny, I was there about late last year, that place heavy sha make I no lie. I happened to walk into a market of theirs where they sold ritual stuffs and items, name it, I saw it all except human body sha. There was this tree at the center of the market tha had all sort of things placed at the bottom. It was my first time of seeing cowries.

Benin people no dey play I swear...

Benin pple are nice but they love juju. I was born and brought up there,though I'm Igbo. One thing I love about them as compared to igbos,is their ability to spread wealth among relatives. I mean,when one person in a family travel out of the shores of naija,d next plan is to move the brother or sister out too. Unlike in the east where every1 wants to be called "Eze ochiaga".

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Rett0: 5:37pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

Everybody knows it Gelegele is 100% Ijaw, its oil politics & creation of seaport dis bini or beans people want to come and land grab.

To be fair, the Binis don't have Oil so it will be painful to let go of this. I think dialogue should do the trick..
The guys are crowning their own king in order to protect their Oil which is not out of place, BUT at the same time, this is a threat to the Bini Kingdom and the Binis will do all they can to protect their Kingdom.

Dilemma

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by linusbnn(m): 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2017
fratermathy:
Are they still on this issue? They should upgrade jor. How can you be fighting over titles. What's the business of the Bini with Ijaw people and their titles?

Gelegele is an oil producing area in the state and previous govt has been talking about creating a seaport there. You know the rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos Of The Women Who Have Left Ooni Of Ife / Beauty And The Neck! Meet The ‘giraffe’ Women Of Padaung Tribe In Burma / Oba Adejuyigbe Adefunmi With 7 Wives Spotted Chilling In The US. Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54