Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension (64718 Views)

The Coronation Of Tsola Emiko As Olu Of Warri (Full Video) / Monarchs Slam Gani Adams For Opposing Coronation Of Yoruba Traditional Rulers / The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2017
enomakos:
is gelegele in ijaw land?
100% Ijaw, ask yourself these questions

1)if you speak bini language does gelegele look or sound edoid to you.
2) why did Edos suddenly wake up in 2017 to claim Ijaw land was taken from them after Gej's tenure ?
3)can any bini man point his ancestral home in Gelegele?
4) why is this landgrabbing claim coming when a seaport wants to be developed?
5) Have the bini people ever been a riverine people?

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Thunderlicious: 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2017
24-ROOM NEWLY BUILT SELF-CONTAINED HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION.

SUITABLE FOR AUCHI POLYTHECNIC STUDENTS.

Employment: Caretaker also needed for the building. Interested persons should apply
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
linusbnn:

Benin pple are nice but they love juju. I was born and brought up there,though I'm Igbo. One thing I love about them as compared to igbos,is their ability to spread wealth among relatives. I mean,when one person in a family travel out of the shores of naija,d next plan is to move the brother or sister out too. Unlike in the east where every1 wants to be called "Eze ochiaga".

Haha,no disrespect tho but I have no love for igbos like that, they are very few I hold in esteem, currently just one. I just like my benin boys, they are often down to earth and ready to roll.

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Rett0: 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
enomakos:
is gelegele in ijaw land?

Yes. There was never Edo nor Delta state... There was only Bendel State

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Dsov2016: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
Tamakay:
The crux of this war is by claiming Gelegele is not an Ijaw land. I am just happy the Ijaws can match them squarely in all ramifications.

pls just shut up about matters u do not understand instead of disgracing itself. there are several ijaw communities in Edo like unuame of which I am descended from. they all pay homage to the oba except gelegele where those there are trying to lay claim to that land because of the oil there. what is happening is that this matter was taken to court in the 70s and the supreme court said the land is part of the demense of the oba of benin. this problem is happening now because they are looking for settlement money because of the planned seaport obaseki and the federal gov wants to put there forgetting that it was the oba that canvassed for it. that is how the so called ijaws are claiming every sea, water as their land.
About ijaws matching the binis I laugh and wonder if u know ur history. I thank God for some of the churches that have calmed them down if not u will know that they are one of the most stubborn people in Nigeria and any that rouses their ire will know why it is aptly named the city of blood. the biafran soldiers learned the meaning to their detriment in the civil war. it is a common myth that the ground is blood red because of this, it is also a common myth that they got the name Bini from the phrase ile ibinu

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rett0:

To be fair, the Binis don't have Oil so it will be painful to let go of this. I think dialogue should do the trick..
The guys are crowning their own king in order to protect their Oil which is not out of place, BUT at the same time, this is a threat to the Bini Kingdom and the Binis will do all they can to protect their Kingdom.

Dilemma
I don't understand how Oil in my land will be a threat to Bini people in Edo state(a govt creation) , if oil is in bini land will Ijaw man smell a drop? Why are Nigerians this stingy and wicked...Jesus Christ

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by fejikudz(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
comos:

Any fight against the Binis is a fight against the Edo nation (Bini, Ishan, Afemai, uhrobo, Isoko, Kwale, e.t.c )

Lets see if the ijaw can match us
grin grin Which urhobo & isoko.. Baba, urhobo people nor send you message o.. you guys are on your own oo.. OYO grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Tamakay(m): 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Blackfyre post=62432890]

You sure?

If them succeed e mean say Benin people never wake up, because you can't beat an institution that is well grounded for years and unlike the former Oba, the current one is heavily romantically involved in these fetish practices. Can you see the coronation how it constitutes very few and old men? Plus wey their women? Them fit match Benin women?

If we talk wealth, the likes of Esama will destabilize their town to the size of a hamlet plus a Governor who is Benin again?

The wise move is to be humble here.

When I said in all ramifications, i meant it OK. The Ijaws when it comes to war, they behave like the United State of America when you kill one US citizen, the Nation will come after you. When you touch an Ijaw community, the whole Ijaws in Delta, BAYELSA, Ondo, Rivers, Cross River will come for their rescue and the timing is so ripe for them now that the Niger Delta Avengers are warming up. And this will be a good avenue to change the music.

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dsov2016:

pls just shut up about matters u do not understand instead of disgracing itself. there are several ijaw communities in Edo like unuame of which I am descended from. they all pay homage to the oba except gelegele where those there are trying to lay claim to that land because of the oil there. what is happening is that this matter was taken to court in the 70s and the supreme court said the land is part of the demense of the oba of benin. this problem is happening now because they are looking for settlement money because of the planned seaport obaseki and the federal gov wants to put there forgetting that it was the oba that canvassed for it. that is how the so called ijaws are claiming every sea, water as their land.
About ijaws matching the binis I laugh and wonder if u know ur history. I thank God for some of the churches that have calmed them down if not u will know that they are one of the most stubborn people in Nigeria and any that rouses their ire will know why it is aptly named the city of blood. the biafran soldiers learned the meaning to their detriment in the civil war. it is a common myth that the ground is blood red because of this, it is also a common myth that they got the name Bini from the phrase ile ibinu
Stop issuing threats, nobody is under your Oba of Benin apart from the bini ppl, The Ijaws are peace loving people but will not hesitate to protect our God given land and resources from our enemies, instead of bini ppl to work to unite Niger delta dey want to join the hausa-fulani dominated government to fight their brother, slap yourself for me

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Rett0: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

I don't understand how Oil in my land will be a threat to Bini people in Edo state(a govt creation) , if oil is in bini land will Ijaw man smell a drop? Why are Nigerians this stingy and wicked...Jesus Christ

The Oba is a central power in Edo State. There are Enogies and Chiefs but no other king in Edo state. Allowing the crowning of another king is a threat to the Kingdom. I think the VP holding meetings with stakeholders of Benin regarding Gelegele in the absence of the Ijaws there caused all these.
Dialogue still remains the key.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by enomakos(m): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
erico2k2:

guy relax oh.Edo people have not faught any war in the last hundred years the last was with machete amd spears . Ijaws have ongoing war as we speak and they are %80 Militants .u nor see thier Guns ? U need to research Ijaw Itshekiri and Ijaw illaje fight .
you think a war is won by bullet?

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
fejikudz:
grin grin Which urhobo & isoko.. Baba, urhobo people nor send you message o.. you guys are on your own oo.. OYO grin grin
Don't mind dem the same Ika people they marginalize will fight with them

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by lx3as(m): 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

Quick notice to landlord, even Yorubas in Ondo state couldn't do it, you think this is 1920 wer you will attack an ethnic group

You're going too far! ' even Yorubas in Ondo State'. If all Yorubas in Ondo had intervened in Arogbo - Ilaje or Ijaws against Itshekiris crises the way all other Ijaws supported Arogbo and Gbaramatu, do you actually think you would have had chance against them?

Stop dragging Yorubas to issue that doesn't concern them. Binis already said nothing connects them with Yoruba, so why bringing Yorubas to Gelegele matter?

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rett0:

The Oba is a central power in Edo State. There are Enogies and Chiefs but no other king in Edo state. Allowing the crowning of another king is a threat to the Kingdom. I think the VP holding meetings with stakeholders of Benin regarding Gelegele in the absence of the Ijaws there caused all these.
Dialogue still remains the key.
Gelegele is 100% Ijaw, dialogue wont stop this landgrabbers, If dey had mind they would have tried this during Gej's tenure, but nothing spoil sha, make we see were dere sense go take them

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
lx3as:

You're going too far! ' even Yorubas in Ondo State'. If all Yorubas in Ondo had intervened in Arogbo - Ilaje or Ijaws against Itshekiris crises the way all other Ijaws supported Arogbo and Gbaramatu, do you actually think you would have had chance against them?

Stop dragging Yorubas to issue that doesn't concern them.
Sorry I didn't mean it as an insult, I meant that Yoruba people who are bigger than bini that is one state(not even 100%) didn't try to marginilize d Ijos to that extent, nobody wants war, but the truth should be spoken

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Tamakay(m): 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dsov2016:

You are a disgrace to d Ijaw nation. When you don't know your right from your left. Because other Ijaw communities are paying homage to the Oba so therefore Gelegele should pay such homages? The Gelegele community is not that timid like the community you descended from.
Like you said Myth. myth is myth, reality is reality. The land is reddish in nature therefore it is people's blood that makes it red? What about my village red soul? Is it Bini people's blood? Is this type of myopic and illiteracy your people produce that is why your community is still paying homage up till now#Ayebe.

Like I said, the Ijaws have what it takes to contain the Binis in all ramifications.

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by spartacus11(m): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
GodDeyCraze:

Mr. Man, note that Benin is a tribe, not every tribe in Edo is Benin, we have more than 7 tribes in Edo State so get your fact well,
The Ijo is not claiming your Benin or what ever, were are native of Edo State and distinct
Oga

Edo south is 100% benin,

Edo Central is 100% Esan and

Edo north is where you have different tribes

Ijaw is not from Edo south and can never be

Ijaw are settlers
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by spartacus11(m): 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
Oria1999:
who tell you say Esan nor get king?

Oga who be d king of Esan abi Enoije don turn king?

Enogie=Enojie

One King One Oba one throne
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by spartacus11(m): 6:13pm On Nov 16, 2017
Efewestern:

they are not forming indigene, the land belongs to them, this is not 1603 ,try ijaw first, them go show u pepper.

Governor don issue His order go and beat him

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
spartacus11:

Oga

Edo south is 100% benin,

Edo Central is 100% Esan and

Edo north is where you have different tribes

Ijaw is not from Edo south and can never be

Ijaw are settlers
When did they settle & conquer bini people and name their land under the watch of ur spartacus oba, I need time frame

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
Oba of Benin should mind his business. Ijaws are indigenous in Gelegele Kingdom

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
spartacus11:

Make in go carry out the order, shey in wife na Ijaw woman and his children are all have Ijaw blood
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by spartacus11(m): 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

When did they settle & conquer bini people and name their land under the watch of ur spartacus oba, I need time frame

Oga they are settlers just like d Yoruba in Ovia North too

We have.
Yoruba settlers
Uhrobo settlers
Ijaw settlers

All leave in camps, those camps are located in bini villages

It is camp not village not community

U hear
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by spartacus11(m): 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

Make in go carry out the order, shey in wife na Ijaw woman and his children are all have Ijaw blood

Order already carried out, pere should parade himself as king make we see if he nor go land for oko prison
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Oria1999: 6:18pm On Nov 16, 2017
spartacus11:

Oga who be d king of Esan abi Enoije don turn king?

Enogie=Enojie

One King One Oba one throne
Oba only control Edo south the benin areas and Yes he is the head of traditional council in the Edo state while the deputy is the king from Opoji in Edo central (Esanland). There is nothing like Edo state king, thanks.

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by spartacus11(m): 6:18pm On Nov 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Oba of Benin should mind his business. Ijaws are indigenous in Gelegele Kingdom

Who give una village not to talk of kingdom

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by spartacus11(m): 6:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
Oria1999:
Oba only control Edo south the benin areas and Yes he is the head of traditional council in the Edo state while the deputy is the king from Opoji in Edo central (Esanland). There is nothing like Edo state king, thanks.

Oga where u see Edo state king?

Edo south/Centra has one king oba Eware

Abi Enojie don turn king

Enogie=Enojie

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
spartacus11:

Oga they are settlers just like d Yoruba in Ovia North too

We have.
Yoruba settlers
Uhrobo settlers
Ijaw settlers

All leave in camps, those camps are located in bini villages

It is camp not village not community

U hear
When did dey settle there was it when they carried your soldiers to eko or before that, give me the time frame
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by gete21: 6:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

If you like speak onitsha, you ooze d basic Afonja traits
And you ooze the basic ozuor traits... sad

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
Oria1999:
Traditional council head is an appointment by state governor, its like saying the Amanyanabo of Opobo kingdom is the king of Rivers state because he is the head of the traditional council

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
spartacus11:
Who give una village not to talk of kingdom
spartacus11:
Una just wan kill person with laugh for here today... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife / Showcasing Igbo culture / Ile-ife, Final Rest Place Of Oba Of Benin? (picture).

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67