₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,119,157 members, 4,589,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 November 2018 at 11:54 PM

All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 (155415 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
Finally we have agitated for and received approval from our dear supermod @Justwise, for the creation of our own thread specifically to address issues emanating from our applications to the the different PNP programs in Canada.

Here we can get direct and pointed suggestions and answers to our enquiries, speculate what the VO in Manitoba ate for lunch that informed his granting of 5 nominations, Argue on whether the Immigration Officers in Saskatchewan work on Saturdays and Sundays or not. grin grin grin

Just kidding...I hope we all enter here and help each other hit nominations of the different provinces that we have applied to or that we are intending to apply to and graduate into the Canadian Express Entry thread to continue our post-ITA journeys.

NB:
Pls no in e-fighting, unhealthy competitions, spam posts and all.

THIS IS STRICTLY A CANADIAN PNP THREAD...NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. If you need info on Federal Skilled Workers Program or Express Entry, kindly go here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Lets by matured (after all we are here in the first place because reduction in our "Age" points has damaged our CRS scores. cheesy grin) Let's make it work as one big and helpful family. cheesy

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2017
See Justwise's approval post in the Canadian Express Entry thread that gave us the go ahead to open this thread

[What you created was not PNP thread

Start one and state a clear difference between PNP and this current thread]

Find below the approval post of @Justwise to create this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/467
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
Below is an excerpt from CICnewdotcom regarding the restructuring of Manitoba PNP.

One of the key changes is the introduction of a new in-demand occupations list that will be used to prioritize Expressions of Interest (EOI) for inviting applications from the new Skilled Worker Overseas stream. That stream will now be subdivided into two pathways — the Manitoba Express Entry Pathway and the Human Capital Pathway.

The Express Entry Pathway, which is due to come into effect in January 2018, will allow Manitoba to nominate qualified applicants who meet the criteria for Canada’s Express Entry system and have an active Express Entry profile. Among other criteria, priority will be given to candidates who have a minimum of six-months experience in an in-demand occupation as well as a close friend or relative in Manitoba or a valid Invitation to Apply issued by the MPNP.

The Human Capital Pathway is for international skilled worker applicants with skills and training covered by the In-demand Occupations list, and who demonstrate a high potential for establishing themselves in their chosen occupations sooner after arrival in Manitoba. Family connections or previous post-secondary or work experience in Manitoba in the last five years are required to qualify for this stream, among other criteria.

My question is, does it mean one can apply to Manitoba if you have a minimum of 6 months experience in an in-demand occupation if you don't have a family/friend in the province?

Thanks in advance for the clarity.

I also support the motion of creating another thread for PNP peeps.

God bless our hustle!!!

COPIED. @Tundechange

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Seyitorl: 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
TEECANN:
Finally we have agitated for and received approval from our dear supermod @Justwise, for the creation of our own thread specifically to address issues emanating from our applications to the the different PNP programs in Canada.

Here we can get direct and pointed suggestions and answers to our enquiries, speculate what the VO in Manitoba ate for lunch that informed his granting of 5 nominations, Argue on whether the Immigration Officers in Saskatchewan work on Saturdays and Sundays or not. grin grin grin

Just kidding...I hope we all enter here and help each other hit nominations of the different provinces that we have applied to or that we are intending to apply to and graduate into the Canadian Express Entry thread to continue our post-ITA journeys.

NB:

THIS IS STRICTLY A CANADIAN PNP THREAD...NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. If you need info on Federal Skilled Workers Program or Express Entry, kindly go here:

Lets by matured (after all we are here in the first place because reduction in our "Age" points has damaged our CRS scores. cheesy grin) Let's make it work as one big and helpful family. cheesy
i can sleep better. Been looking up for how to go tbru pnp.as my age nd spouse age has dented crs scores nd spouse still not decided to write ielts.with targeting ielts rwquired score i still go a little below 400.

Thank you once again

5 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Seyitorl: 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
TEECANN:

NB:

Thanks for starting this thread now i can sleep better. Been looking up for how to go tbru pnp.as my age nd spouse age has dented crs scores nd spouse still not decided to write ielts.with targeting ielts rwquired score i still go a little below 400.

Thank you once again
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by jimikata(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
Hello op and other gurus in the house, kindly expanxiate the difference between the provincial nominee program and federal skilled program, express entry.
how long does the process of PNP program last?
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by mzjennypher(f): 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
Please house can we use gift deed for ontario application?

2 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
Thanks @ justwise, TEECANN

I pray we make progress.

My issues.....

I couldn't meet up the the Sask PNP cos of the Job in demand, mine is 1111 and the one closest to it was 1112 I think.

Cost of Ontario PNP is on the high side but I've got a sibling staying there, my CRS score isn't up to 400 anyway and I heard you've got to have 400 and above to get nominated, but I've just registered for the 3rd and last ielts by the grace of God.

I sat down with the last Nova Scotia PNP from morning till night but i couldn't go past page 2

Just to add, I have sent my eoi to NB along with my cv

Please what else should I do? Please help me oooooooooooo.

Its as if even the PNP route for me isn't smiling at all.
We will get there.

2 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
Seyitorl:

Thanks for starting this thread now i can sleep better. Been looking up for how to go tbru pnp.as my age nd spouse age has dented crs scores nd spouse still not decided to write ielts.with targeting ielts rwquired score i still go a little below 400.

Thank you once again

You re welcome. There are a lot of things and info to know and learn under the provincial stage of the Permanent Residency application process. I'm still learning...
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2017
jimikata:
Hello op and other gurus in the house, kindly expanxiate the difference between the provincial nominee program and federal skilled program, express entry.
how long does the process of PNP program last?

Simply put. There are many provinces (what you call States in Nigeria that make up the country)...these provinces are given quotas of the number of skilled workers, international students and other categories of people they can grant nominations to the come to their provinces to work and reside.

When you apply to a province that you desire and meet their criteria on eligibility, you are being granted a nomination and that translates to a 600 points which takes you to the next stage of the Permanent Residency process.

2. The Express Entry stage of the CIC (Pls read up the full gist about Canadian Express Entry) Here you open an express entry profile and log in your Provincial 600 points....it is always more than enough to be "Invited to Apply" ITA. As ITAs are on the average issued bi-monthly on 400 plus range CRS score benchmark (read up what Comprehensive Ranking System "CRS" entails)

When Express Entry at this federal stage grants you ITA,that's is when your Permanent Residency journey truly starts.

NB:
Good people,there is a lot to know,learn and read up. In this journey which may be one of the greatest test of our endurance, emotions and patience, You cant afford to be lazy in reading. Don't let us rely on info here alone. Let's always doublecheck and hit the search engines and read up on the websites of CIC, provincial authorities of our choice.

It will all end in praise. IJN

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Fortville: 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
Really glad to have this forum.

Looking forward to learning and contributing.

1 Like

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by culdalex(m): 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
Thank God for this forum....
My ECA evaluation is in progress

I did ielts last month with score
Lswr - 8, 7.5, 6.5, 6

This brought my CRS score to 382

Please I need advice on the way forward and the province I can apply to...
I was considering SINP initially, but I learnt they stopped receiving applications

Please advice.

3 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by sunvick(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
Great job @Teecann

Part one in deed. More grace to you man and codewoorks.

2 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by FocusedDiva(f): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
God bless you @ Teecann for this thread.
Weldone

3 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 6:10pm On Nov 16, 2017
sunvick:
Great job @Teecann

Part one in deed. More grace to you man and codewoorks.

Thank God and everyone on travel section of NL that added their say to the importance of having this thread.

I cannot take the glory or credit for making it happen. I'm just another PNP applicant who needed this platform badly too to move my application to the next stage of the process.

We also thank Justwise for eventually seeing sense in the call for the PNP thread.

4 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by culdalex(m): 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dear e-family please help....

culdalex:

Lswr - 8, 7.5, 6.5, 6

I was considering SINP initially, but I learnt they stopped receiving applications

Please advice.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Owols: 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
A big thanks to @justwise for allowing this thread to start. Congratulations to all who put in a comment and a like to get it started.
Thanks to the OP for creating the thread shapperly (someone had to).
Let us all join hands and start putting in the information.

See you all in Canada in 2018.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Goldenegg: 2:05am On Nov 17, 2017
Good to be here. I hope to get more practical information on how to move to the next level. Pp P
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 17, 2017
At last! PNP hopefuls can now have their own thread. @Teecann, thank you for starting the thread. I wish all PNP hopefuls the best. I believe the post below will be useful for all PNP hopefuls.

CANADA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM GUIDE

Each province and territory in Canada, with the exception of Quebec, has its own streams and criteria for their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). These can change without notice.

Eligibility Criteria

The eligibility criteria for the PNP is different based on whether you apply through the paper-based (non-Express Entry streams) or Express Entry (Express Entry streams) process.

If you are applying through the paper-based process

You must meet the minimum requirements of one of the province or territory’s non-Express Entry streams.
You must be nominated under that stream.

If you are applying through Express Entry

You must meet the minimum requirements of a province or territory’s Express Entry PNP stream.
You must be nominated under that stream.
You must create an Express Entry profile and show that you meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry, including the requirements of one of the immigration programs it covers.

For detailed information about each of the Canada Provincial Nominee Programs, visit the province specific immigration pages listed below (click each link).

British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program

Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program

New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program

Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program

Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program

Newfoundland Provincial Nominee Program

Yukon Provincial Nominee Program

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 17, 2017
@Stealth02 shared an overview of all Provincial Nominee Programs in this post too-----https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/430#62233650

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 17, 2017
Great to be here finally, thanks Codew00rks and Teecann.

Please PNP should not be regarded as an easy way out but should be the last resort. I see people with low IELTS score here, where simply retaking and getting maximum points wil boost CRS to ITA achievable heights.

PNP is not a substitute to direct ITA but a means to it.

May God almighty grant us speedy ITAs and eventual PPRs.

It will end in praise

8 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by mamacajah: 9:49am On Nov 17, 2017
Aig84:
Great to be here finally, thanks Codew00rks and Teecann.

Please PNP should not be regarded as an easy way out but should be the last resort. I see people with low IELTS score here, where simply retaking and getting maximum points wil boost CRS to ITA achievable heights.

PNP is not a substitute to direct ITA but a means to it.

May God almighty grant us speedy ITAs and eventual PPRs.

It will end in praise

@Aig84, its not like people are seeking an easy way out. For some of us, age factor makes it difficult to attain 400, even with your spouse points. So its like diffierent strokes for different people. Most importantly, its leveraging all avenues to get ITA. we must all meet in canny either thru EE, PNP-EE, FST, Student, etc. It will end in praise.

11 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 9:57am On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:
At last! PNP hopefuls can now have their own thread. @Teecann, thank you for starting the thread. I wish all PNP hopefuls the best. I believe the post below will be useful for all PNP hopefuls

Thank you my sister.

Due credit to all other NLers who agitated for the creation of the thread.

I hope to see you here often too to avail the thread the benefit of your wealth of experience.

1 Like

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by justwise(m): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2017
I can see that a certain questionable character is here again promoting his whatsapp group just as he was doing in other thread and people don't report him.

Whatsapp group is ant-traffic and a thread killer.

Its a selfish idea that only benefits few people.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 10:02am On Nov 17, 2017
mamacajah:

@Aig84, its not like people are seeking an easy way out. For some of us, age factor makes it difficult to attain 400, even with your spouse points. So its like diffierent strokes for different people. Most importantly, its leveraging all avenues to get ITA. we must all meet in canny either thru FSW-EE, PNP-EE, PNP-OID, FST, Intl Students etc. It will end in praise.

@MamaAjah

Well said. With the added parts of the bolded parts.

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by bamituni: 10:03am On Nov 17, 2017
Joined nairaland basically because of this thread, wonderful idea.

3 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2017
mamacajah:

@Aig84, its not like people are seeking an easy way out. For some of us, age factor makes it difficult to attain 400, even with your spouse points. So its like diffierent strokes for different people. Most importantly, its leveraging all avenues to get ITA. we must all meet in canny either thru EE, PNP-EE, FST, Student, etc. It will end in praise.
I understand that mamacajah, some people just need to max IELTS points, I have maxed out on that and still in early 400s, if I had a diploma it would have been a different case. I'm sure it's same for others
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 10:21am On Nov 17, 2017
culdalex:

Lswr - 8, 7.5, 6.5, 6

Please advice.

Watch out for information on all provincial nomination programs that will be opening in the coming weeks on this thread however research the particular provincial program that you are interested in,ascertain whether you meet the eligibility criteria, get your documents together, fill,scan and upload to their portal (if applicable) in readiness for the opening for submission.

NB. For Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program, SINP,it may take you almost a week to prepare your documents and upload into their OASIS portal in readiness for submission when the window opens for submission. You can't do it on the day that the application opens, else the Indians will have upper hand on the day and you may be struggling to do the uploading whilst the opening gets full.

It will all end in praise IJN

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 10:35am On Nov 17, 2017
Aig84:

I understand that mamacajah, some people just need to max IELTS points, I have maxed out on that and still in early 400s, if I had a diploma it would have been a different case. I'm sure it's same for others

My advice has always been if you have 435 and above. ..be patient...you can't be in the pool for a year and ITA benchmark won't come down that low...it amazes me when people chase provincial nomination with an already existing CRS of 435...for what na?

BTW, provincial route to clinching ITA is an expensive route...I look at those singles inside the Canadian EE thread hammering ITA with 460 points within weeks of opening their profile and landing PPR within 3 months. They don't have an idea at all. cheesy cheesy what people pass tru through the provincial route before coming to get the ITA that they got within weeks of finishing their IELTS...some are even yet to understand the procedure properly and PPR is already falling on them. grin cheesy

IT will all end in praise! IJN

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.