₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,116,295 members, 4,582,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 November 2018 at 08:04 AM

All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 (152805 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
wholesomegrace:

Thanks for helping out. I am not in an IT related occupation. Can one be hopeful of an invitation to apply if score is above 400.
Hello, for Ontario province, once your CRS is above 400 you will receive NOI, no matter the NOC you're applying with.

1 Like

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2017
thanks a lot and....it will all end in praise for all of us. Alberta Opens in January too

Bsbabe:

Yes but you also stated earlier that they are no longer accepting applications and that unfortunately is the case for now. They say they are full for 2017 and it appears they want to start afresh in 2018 which is why they are invalidating 2017 NOIs. Don’t worry, at least POF is complete now so gather all your documents against Ontario or any other you are eligible for. God will make a way.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2017
Thanks....hopefully they will send another NOI

Aig84:

Hello, Bsbabe is right, the Ontario website states this

November 22, 2017

IMPORTANT NOTICE

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has met its 2017 nomination allocation for all streams. If you have submitted a paid application to the OINP, your application will be processed. If your application is approved, the program will nominate you in 2018 and you will be notified at that time.

Please monitor the OINP Updates page for news, announcements and program developments.

Since you haven't submitted a paid application yet, it's safe to say to wait till it reopens in January and use the next NOI.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2017
Iruosonobrugwhe:

Thanks....hopefully they will send another NOI

As long as CRS is above 400, they will.....considering that route as well.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2017
Bsbabe:

Good morning and well done guys. I am OINP so I think I can help here.

OINP at some point this year (for one week only) sent invitations to candidates with specific NOCs (mostly IT related) who had scores less than 400. It’s not impossible they do it again but their threshold has historically been 400 except the one time this year.

--------

Another thing to note is that the PNP route requires the utmost patience. You will see FSW people flying past you like witches on a broom. Just face your own path. In God’s time it will come to pass. A friend of mine waited one year for Nova Scotia to approve her application, then seven months for IRCC. Meanwhile, some FSW people that we knew when they were writing IELTS on the other thread now have PPR and will soon land wink. Will you get angry? No, use that time for preparation. Where will you live? What is the ranking of schools in that area (I assume if you are over 40, this is really about the children). What certification course can you do while you wait? I have attended the IOM session and I don’t have PPR. I probably was the only one there that didn’t have. Do I care? No I don’t. I am using my time well.

Apologies for the long post but I felt to share my learning’s from this process. May God help us all to realise our dreams.

God bless you @Bsbabe.

I laughed when I read the portion at the bolded... grin grin grin

So so true!!! PNP requires serious patience.

This is something that most Federal Skilled Workers Program Applicants may never understand.

I marvel when I go to our sister thread (EE/FSW), and I hear someone grumbling on his IP1 status that hasn't changed to NA1 in the last one week...and when I calculate his timeline, the dude may just be 2 months in from AOR grin grin

PNP also requires preparedness (One cant overemphasise this!) and;

PNP requires deep research and sticking to the specific rules of the relevant provincial program.

It will all end in praise IJN!!

NB:
Pls where and how did you register for and attended the IOM session. Did you attend the session after you have gotten the provincial nomination?

1 Like

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2017
Aig84:

Hello, for Ontario province, once your CRS is above 400 you will receive NOI, no matter the NOC you're applying with.

Many thanks
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by cochtrane: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
TEECANN:

Wawawu...see who 've got here!

My good friend @cochtrane

Thanks for popping in...do well to come often to avail the house of your thoughts and suggestions too.

We appreciate you. cheesy

It will all end in praise IJN

Haha. TEECANN, my man! Thought to just come say hello. Of course, will be sharing stuff here later if I do find anything useful.

1 Like

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Bsbabe: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2017
wholesomegrace:

Thanks for helping out. I am not in an IT related occupation. Can one be hopeful of an invitation to apply if score is above 400.

Yes I believe once you are 400 and above, you can be hopeful. Although no one knows any other specific criteria they use to select people to send NOIs to, but at least if you meet the 400 which is the publicly recognised criteria, there is definitely hope.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Bsbabe: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
Aig84:

Not correct. A good number of people were in the pool earlier this year and hopeful for Ontario NOI but did not get. This caused speculation that maybe they send to specific NOIs which clearly we don’t know because all they say is minimum criteria is that you have above 400. It’s also important to watch out for Ontario’s instructions. Previously, they have requested that candidates desirous of reviving their NOI should recreate their EE profiles.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Bsbabe: 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2017
BanjiHols:

Thank you so much Bsbabe..
Which of the Nominee type did u apply for?

I did not apply to Manitoba. My PNP route is Ontario.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by BanjiHols(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2017
Bsbabe pls I asked if ur family (tie) applied for ypu or if there is a type like that(sponsor) under the Nominee programs .

OR
Is there only one type of the PNP which the applicant will have to apply by his/herself? (Not the Sponsor in Canada)
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by BanjiHols(m): 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
Bsbabe:

I did not apply to Manitoba. My PNP route is Ontario.

Oh k but is there another type that the family tie in the province will have to apply on behalf of the applicant?
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Bsbabe: 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
TEECANN:

NB:
Pls where and how did you register for and attended the IOM session. Did you attend the session after you have gotten the provincial nomination?

www.planningforcanada.com. I registered with my IRCC UCI number.

1 Like

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Bsbabe: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2017
BanjiHols:

Oh k but is there another type that the family tie in the province will have to apply on behalf of the applicant?

Hi BanjiHols, I recall when i responded to your questions, I requested that you should please visit their website to read up on their programs. This is because my knowledge of Manitoba PNP is limited to an attempt I made to explore this route way back in January this year. I did not follow up on it and as such I am not qualified to speak to it any more intelligently than I have done.

Kindly visit http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/ to get answers to your questions.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Bsbabe: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
BanjiHols:

I really appreciate your patience in helping out on this ...Just that I am confused cos there is another site I was looking at.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-visas.html

Is it a genuine site?

And my intention is to migrate to Canada via Family that I have there in Manitoba..so wondering which program that best suits me.
Help.

The canadavisa site indeed is a genuine site but why that site when Manitoba itself has a website and you can get your firsthand and genuine information from there? Please visit the Manitoba website I shared with you earlier.

I don’t know if their is a specific ‘family’ program. What I know is that on the EOI for international skilled workers, you get more points for having family in Manitoba.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by BanjiHols(m): 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2017
Bsbabe:

The canadavisa site indeed is a genuine site but why that site when Manitoba itself has a website and you can get your firsthand and genuine information from there? Please visit the Manitoba website I shared with you earlier.

I don’t know if their is a specific ‘family’ program. What I know is that on the EOI for international skilled workers, you get more points for having family in Manitoba.
Beautiful!.. Thanks Bsbabe .I 'm on track now wink
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
Bsbabe:

Not correct. A good number of people were in the pool earlier this year and hopeful for Ontario NOI but did not get. This caused speculation that maybe they send to specific NOIs which clearly we don’t know because all they say is minimum criteria is that you have above 400. It’s also important to watch out for Ontario’s instructions. Previously, they have requested that candidates desirous of reviving their NOI should recreate their EE profiles.
Exactly, is it possible that those who didn't receive NOI created their profiles long before it was open?
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Bsbabe: 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2017
Aig84:

Exactly, is it possible that those who didn't receive NOI created their profiles long before it was open?

I recall a lot of lamentations on the canadavisa Ontario thread from people who recreated their profiles but still did not get NOIs. That was what led to speculation about what NOCs were being targeted.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Seyitorl: 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2017
Evening house, please i dont know if i read right but is it that a " gift deed" cannot be used for pnp. Cos that is the route i intend to use as pof.and if its possible, does d cash have to be in my account for three month before i fill applications into provinces or how do i go about it.
Regarding the oinp is the 1500 refundable if one is not picked?

Thank you.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2017
Bsbabe:

I recall a lot of lamentations on the canadavisa Ontario thread from people who recreated their profiles but still did not get NOIs. That was what led to speculation about what NOCs were being targeted.
Hmmm ok then, thank you
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 9:24am On Nov 29, 2017
Bsbabe:

Bsbabe, I just went in search of this thread but didn't find it. Could you help post the link? Thanks
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 9:27am On Nov 29, 2017
My present employer doesn't issue reference letters for immigration purposes and to avoid stories that touch, I need to draft
a letter stating my job roles to this effect which I plan to notarize as advised here. Can anyone help with a draft pleaseeeeeee

I have my JD, I just need clarifications on how to start and end the letter.
Will appreciate any assistance pls.

Thanks house

Please, has anybody gone through this route before? Kindly help

I am quoting from: https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/495

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hamiltondreamer: 3:48pm On Nov 07
If you asked for a letter from your office and the office has refused,do not go through the back door by cutting coners.
1. Write a letter on a plain sheet in the required format.
2. Get it notarised
3. Write a letter of explanation staying in that your office refused to give the letter and if there is proof through email correspondence include it.
4. Proof of employment : Employment letter ,ID card, payslips bank statement.

5.(Rolling my eyes) for LVO a tattoo of your office logo on a conspicuous part of your body,pictures of you and your colleagues in your office aso ebi, picture of you standing in front of your office sign post and so many more LVO attachments.

6. No 5 is irrelevant

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/495
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 12:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
Previously, they have requested that candidates desirous of reviving their NOI should recreate their EE profiles.

Thats really what i was planning, Wifeys birthday today, mine next month....CRS reduces.....

January first, i dey create tear rubber profile.....Alberta should also open in january
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by arizona20: 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
please house what's the result for CRS today's drw..any info
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by fred900(m): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hello All,

I want clarification on this and advise. My CRS score is[b] 454[/b], please should i just apply just through the FSW or is it mandatory i pick and apply to a specific province also?

secondly, is it ok for me to use the services of a migration lawyer to handle all my application processes?

thank you guys.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
wholesomegrace:
My present employer doesn't issue reference letters for immigration purposes and to avoid stories that touch, I need to draft
a letter stating my job roles to this effect which I plan to notarize as advised here. Can anyone help with a draft pleaseeeeeee

I have my JD, I just need clarifications on how to start and end the letter.
Will appreciate any assistance pls.

Thanks house

Please, has anybody gone through this route before? Kindly help

I am quoting from: https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/495

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hamiltondreamer: 3:48pm On Nov 07
If you asked for a letter from your office and the office has refused,do not go through the back door by cutting coners.
1. Write a letter on a plain sheet in the required format.
2. Get it notarised
3. Write a letter of explanation staying in that your office refused to give the letter and if there is proof through email correspondence include it.
4. Proof of employment : Employment letter ,ID card, payslips bank statement.

5.(Rolling my eyes) for LVO a tattoo of your office logo on a conspicuous part of your body,pictures of you and your colleagues in your office aso ebi, picture of you standing in front of your office sign post and so many more LVO attachments.

6. No 5 is irrelevant

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/495
I. Believe this is in order, we are advised to let your HR or immediate supervisor write this letter and include his/her business card but in the event that this is not possible you are advised to do so yourself, but please include all proof of said employment. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
fred900:
Hello All,

I want clarification on this and advise. My CRS score is[b] 454[/b], please should i just apply just through the FSW or is it mandatory i pick and apply to a specific province also?

secondly, is it ok for me to use the services of a migration lawyer to handle all my application processes?

thank you guys.
Your CRS of 454 should get you direct ITA and as such you wouldn't need a provincial nomination.

Please remove the thought of using any agent, you sure can do it yourself, all what you need are in the Cic website, if nything isn't clear yu can then consult the FSW thread for clarifications.

1 Like

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by fred900(m): 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2017
Aig84:

Your CRS of 454 should get you direct ITA and as such you wouldn't need a provincial nomination.

Please remove the thought of using any agent, you sure can do it yourself, all what you need are in the Cic website, if nything isn't clear yu can then consult the FSW thread for clarifications.

Thank you Aig84.

one more question please. Do i get the freedom to choose any province once my PR is given?

that is if i apply through the FSW EE on the CIC alone
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
Aig84:

I. Believe this is in order, we are advised to let your HR or immediate supervisor write this letter and include his/her business card but in the event that this is not possible you are advised to do so yourself, but please include all proof of said employment. I hope this helps.

Yeah, I can as well tell my immediate supervisor but management also frowns at this arrangement. They wouldn't even issue reference letter supporting my statement of account for this same suppose. I read of someone whose supervisor was penalized in this regard and HR didn't even respond to the inquiry from CIC so I would rather go through the route of drafting a letter and getting it notarized with supporting loe and evidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (82) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / Travelling To Canada-part2

Viewing this topic: chiwelaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 378
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.