₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,139,541 members, 4,648,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 December 2018 at 06:28 AM

All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 (170341 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by yincalley(m): 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hello, please l need an advise as to which province can someone with IELTS results apply.
L 5
R 5.5
W 7
S 7
Overall 6
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
fred900:

Thank you Aig84.

one more question please. Do i get the freedom to choose any province once my PR is given?

that is if i apply through the FSW EE on the CIC alone
Most certainly, you can move to any province. Apart from Quebec I think, not sure, will look it up
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
yincalley:
Hello, please l need an advise as to which province can someone with IELTS results apply.
L 5
R 5.5
W 7
S 7
Overall 6
Why don't you try to redo the exams and aim for minimum of 8777 in LRSW. I know it's not easy but pls try. By the way, what will your CRS be using the highest IELTS scores?
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
wholesomegrace:

Yeah, I can as well tell my immediate supervisor but management also frowns at this arrangement. They wouldn't even issue reference letter supporting my statement of account for this same suppose. I read of someone whose supervisor was penalized in this regard and HR didn't even respond to the inquiry from CIC so I would rather go through the route of drafting a letter and getting it notarized with supporting loe and evidence.
That will be fine
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
Meanwhile Uncle Cochtrane I greet you acrobatically!!!! Please bless us in this thread o

3 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Owols: 11:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
Some companies are against supervisors giving reference letters. It is the work of HR. I read of a case where a fellow got reference letter from his/her supervisor, IRCC sent mail to HR to confirm and the fellow was in trouble plus the supervisor.
An advice was later given that you should let IRCC know that your company didn't issue the letter, you give your job roles yourself then notarize it.
wholesomegrace:

Yeah, I can as well tell my immediate supervisor but management also frowns at this arrangement. They wouldn't even issue reference letter supporting my statement of account for this same suppose. I read of someone whose supervisor was penalized in this regard and HR didn't even respond to the inquiry from CIC so I would rather go through the route of drafting a letter and getting it notarized with supporting loe and evidence.

1 Like

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Owols: 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
Check CIC site, I think the min per item is 6 or 6.5.
Either way the L and R have made this result useless.
Sorry, you have to trash it and sit for another.
All the best.
yincalley:
L 5
R 5.5
W 7
S 7
Overall 6
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by BanjiHols(m): 7:24am On Nov 30, 2017
Please house kindly advise me..cos its looking as if the most nairalanders are looking at the PNP as a last resort..or using it when they have low scores in the test.

Does this mean that the PNP has disadvantages to the FSWP?

Pls someone should kindly break them down for me

In my own case; I have a distant relative intend to use as Supporter under the MPNP.

I am a graduate and I have up to 5years work experience.

Are there still better/faster programs I cud use to immigrate instead of the MPNP cos pple here seem to use it as a last resort.

Thanks.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 10:40am On Nov 30, 2017
Owols:
Some companies are against supervisors giving reference letters. It is the work of HR. I read of a case where a fellow got reference letter from his/her supervisor, IRCC sent mail to HR to confirm and the fellow was in trouble plus the supervisor.
An advice was later given that you should let IRCC know that your company didn't issue the letter, you give your job roles yourself then notarize it.

Yeah mine is. I got this draft from the sister thread so i'm gonna use this and attach relevant supporting docs. That's all
https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/541

abbeykun:

This might help...

Date

Centralized Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

Letter of Introduction - name

I am(We are) writing this reference at the request of xxxxxx who is applying for Permanent Resident status to Canada.

He is a staff of xxxx, and works on a permanent basis as a xxxx, where he is mainly responsible for xxxx.

The details of his duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Total Number of Hours - x Hours / Week
• Xxxxx
• Xxxxx
• xxxx

I am available to provide further information if required.
(For further clarification or enquiries, please contact xxxx)

Sincerely

Sign

Name

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TemitopeWalker: 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
[quote author=wholesomegrace post=62829034]

Yeah, I can as well tell my immediate supervisor but management also frowns at this arrangement. They wouldn't even issue reference letter supporting my statement of account for this same suppose. I read of someone whose supervisor was penalized in this regard and HR didn't even respond to the inquiry from CIC so I would rather go through the route of drafting a letter and

https://www.nairaland.com/download/4707641 try that i got it from Australia skilled forum
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by josefaith: 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
Owols:
Check CIC site, I think the min per item is 6 or 6.5.
Either way the L and R have made this result useless.
Sorry, you have to trash it and sit for another.
All the best.

Please I want to ask that if a married man has all the required score but his wife score between 6 and 6.5 all through. And there CRS is 440, my question is will the low score of the wife affect their chances for invitation using FSW?

Thank you.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
[quote author=TemitopeWalker post=62851876][/quote]

Thanks for your help. I will consolidate and use both
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Owols: 12:41am On Dec 01, 2017
I'm assuming the husband is the PA. 6 is the lowest band acceptable and if you get ITA with your CRS score why bother. Although higher marks in ielts can add about 8 more to the CRS score.
josefaith:

Please I want to ask that if a married man has all the required score but his wife score between 6 and 6.5 all through. And there CRS is 440, my question is will the low score of the wife affect their chances for invitation using FSW?

Thank you.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by fred900(m): 11:32am On Dec 01, 2017
Hello everybody,
Good job you all are doing here answering questions and clarifications.

Regarding the proof of funds requested by CIC, the date of my bank account is very recent, basically I just opened the account strictly for the immigration process.

My question is, hope my opening a new bank account will not affect my application?

Thanks guys
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Tosean(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
[quote author=TEECANN post=62796023]

God bless you @Bsbabe.

I laughed when I read the portion at the bolded... grin grin grin

So so true!!! PNP requires serious patience.

This is something that most Federal Skilled Workers Program Applicants may never understand.

I marvel when I go to our sister thread (EE/FSW), and I hear someone grumbling on his IP1 status that hasn't changed to NA1 in the last one week...and when I calculate his timeline, the dude may just be 2 months in from AOR grin grin

PNP also requires preparedness (One cant overemphasise this!) and;

PNP requires deep research and sticking to the specific rules of the relevant provincial program.

It will all end in praise IJN!!

NB:
Pls where and how did you register for and attended the IOM session. Did you attend the session after you have gotten the provincial nomination?

Here's how to register for the session

IOM center for immigration .
http://planningforcanada.ca/

The Federal government of Canada through Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has funded a project implemented via the United Nations agency for Migration, IOM, called The Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA) project. This FREE pre-arrival orientation initiative is founded on the idea that an individual migrating to a new country has a better chance of successfully adapting to their new life when accurate information about the new culture and society is received before arrival.

We offer:

* Full-day group orientation session on preparing for life in Canada where we:

ü Help participants develop realistic expectations regarding their settlement in Canada and increase awareness and skills necessary to successfully adapt to their new lives.

* Personalized one-on-one planning session on career and settlement goals

We strongly encourage that you attend the session. Snacks and lunch are provided for free!

To register please visit: http://www.planningforcanada.ca/

For more information please call : 09029390545 or send us an email at coanigeria@iom.int

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
Thread, please don't grow cold. We need you

BUMP lol grin
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TEECANN: 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
@every family member,

What's happening na. This thread is going cold...

Is it because we don't currently have any province opening its PNP stream?

Don't worry, they will surely open but nobody knows the time that they will hence:

Let's come around more and use this "off-peak" period to build capacity, ask our questions and clarify issues in readiness for the opening of any provincial program.

Like I previously stated: PNP is quite different from FSW. It requires your prior preparations and diligence (like the parable of the 10 Virgins of the bible cheesy) you cannot afford to be caught napping! Else you won't meet up when the stream open and it may lead to waste of application fees when your application is not "tight" (it's defective) and thereby being returned.

After ITA, FSW folks have all the time to be screaming upandan their thread and everywhere for support to issues that crops up in the course of their application (becos they have 90 days to submit their application.) They can even afford to use that submission window to start from the stratch to know about the whole process from the beginning and still submit a "tight" application.

You are not afforded such luxury as a PNP applicant.

Start creating your accounts down now, fill the necessary forms you need to populate in advance, read up to avoid common pitfalls, scan documents to PDF (If applicable) be diligent in advance and God will reward your diligence with a nomination.

It will surely end in praise IJN!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by zicman007: 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
please what are the best PNP can someone with S/L/R/W = 7/6.5/7/6.5 and just 1year of work experience as self employed(Freelance) apply for and what document can i get ready with for the application my current crs score is 358 or is there any way i can get a job offer to boost my score. P.S I dont want to take ielts again i am tired.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Newmum0615: 9:38am On Dec 06, 2017
Good morning guys, I need info for a senior colleague please.

She is trying to go the SINP route. Score at the moment is 321 with CRS tool.
Details are: Married, 43 years, Master's degree, Accompanying spouse, IELTS results, 7.5,6.5,7.5,7.5 Sibling in Canada[b] but not claiming points for it [/b]cos sibling is in Ontario, Bsc for spouse, Spouse IELTS 6,6,6.5,7. She is not willing to redo her IELTS.

Biko does she stand a chance with SINP? She wants to know before committing herself please. I am not very conversant with the PNP route. Thanks.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Olabestonic001(m): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
TEECANN:
@every family member,

Don't worry, they will surely open but nobody knows the time that they will hence:

Let's come around more and use this "off-peak" period to build capacity, ask our questions and clarify issues in readiness for the opening of any provincial program.

Like I previously stated: PNP is quite different from FSW. It requires your prior preparations and diligence (like the parable of the 10 Virgins of the bible cheesy) you cannot afford to be caught napping! Else you won't meet up when the stream open and it may lead to waste of application fees when your application is not "tight" (it's defective) and thereby being returned.

After ITA, FSW folks have all the time to be screaming upandan their thread and everywhere for support to issues that crops up in the course of their application (becos they have 90 days to submit their application.) They can even afford to use that submission window to start from the stratch to know about the whole process from the beginning and still submit a "tight" application.

Start creating your accounts down now, fill the necessary forms you need to populate in advance, read up to avoid common pitfalls, scan documents to PDF (If applicable) be diligent in advance and God will reward your diligence with a nomination.

Thanks for the encouragement boss, it shall surely end in praise for us.
I am about to take my IELTS, 32yrs old, 3yrs experiences.
Do you think I am qualified for SINP?
I am targeting that province. Thanks big boss TEECAN.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Olabestonic001(m): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2017
TEECANN:
@every family member,

Bros, I just my eligibility in SINP and I observed that I might not get more than 59 in the whole band scores.
How can I help this? And can I use internships, NYSC and jobs I don't have an employment offer as evidences?
Thanks bro.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by skyaxe(m): 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hello house, please am interested in the program and I just want to apply for one. Please assistance on how to start and also go about it. Am a graduate with work experiences and as HSE certificates. My email is Skyeconnects@gmail.com
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by zicman007: 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
now nobody wants to respond and they dont want the thread to die
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 2:52pm On Dec 06, 2017
Fingers crossed waiting for Alberta in 2018....dont know the requirements yet.
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Bsbabe: 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2017
Newmum0615:
Good morning guys, I need info for a senior colleague please.

She is trying to go the SINP route. Score at the moment is 321 with CRS tool.
Details are: Married, 43 years, Master's degree, Accompanying spouse, IELTS results, 7.5,6.5,7.5,7.5 Sibling in Canada[b] but not claiming points for it [/b]cos sibling is in Ontario, Bsc for spouse, Spouse IELTS 6,6,6.5,7. She is not willing to redo her IELTS.

Biko does she stand a chance with SINP? She wants to know before committing herself please. I am not very conversant with the PNP route. Thanks.

She should First check if she meets the 60/100 requirement.
http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers

2 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by TemitopeWalker: 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 11:59am On Dec 07, 2017
zicman007:
now nobody wants to respond and they dont want the thread to die

Go to page 0 of this thread and read up on various PNP by clicking on each link. You are the one to determine which province is best for you cos some require that your job NOC falls within their criteria while some don't. People are busy and use their precious time to attend to questions. Patience is key

4 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
Olabestonic001:

Thanks for the encouragement boss, it shall surely end in praise for us.
I am about to take my IELTS, 32yrs old, 3yrs experiences.
Do you think I am qualified for SINP?
I am targeting that province. Thanks big boss TEECAN.

You should be qualified, with good ielts score you might not need to through PNP. Let the seniors come and respond cos i still be jjc

2 Likes

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
skyaxe:
Hello house, please am interested in the program and I just want to apply for one. Please assistance on how to start and also go about it. Am a graduate with work experiences and as HSE certificates. My email is Skyeconnects@gmail.com

All the assistance you need is on page 0. You need to do a free online assessment to determine your legibility, write ielts, evaluate ur certificates. Also go to this sister thread and read up.

https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by wholesomegrace: 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
Olabestonic001:

Bros, I just my eligibility in SINP and I observed that I might not get more than 59 in the whole band scores.
How can I help this? And can I use internships, NYSC and jobs I don't have an employment offer as evidences?
Thanks bro.

Your one year NYSC experience can be used. A reference letter from where you served will do

1 Like

Re: All Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Hopefuls- Connect Here. Part 1 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 07, 2017
wholesomegrace:

Your one year NYSC experience can be used. A reference letter from where you served will do
Thank you Wholesomegrace and others for taking time out to answer questions. God bless you richly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.