Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:46 PM

How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria (1192 Views)

Understanding Theoretical Framework And Conceptual Framework / Understanding Theoretical Framework And Conceptual Framework / Understanding The Theoretical And Practical Implications Of A Research Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria by GodsteinEinstein(m): 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
Re: How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria by GodsteinEinstein(m): 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
I am don with my O-level and want to gain admission into FUTO to study physics and become a Theoretical Physicist.how do i prepare and become a notable physicist like Einstein,Newton and Richard Feynman.
Re: How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria by cyborg123(m): 12:06am On Nov 18, 2017
Read relevant books like your life depends on it.
Re: How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria by duduade: 6:23am On Nov 18, 2017
GodsteinEinstein:
I am don with my O-level and want to gain admission into FUTO to study physics and become a Theoretical Physicist.how do i prepare and become a notable physicist like Einstein,Newton and Richard Feynman.

Make sure you find your away outside the country
Re: How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2017
watch the Big Bang Theory and life of Sheldon

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria by cyborg123(m): 10:07am On Nov 18, 2017
grin
Evaberry:
watch the Big Bang Theory and life of Sheldon
Re: How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria by GodsteinEinstein(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2017
I watched big bang theory season 1-9 sheldon is just an obnoxious jerk. So what has dat got to do with me becoming great at my field
Re: How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria by garamah: 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2018
Brother, if you have your way go and do your studies abroad where true Physics is done. But if you must do your B.Sc here in Nigeria make sure you do all the required Mathematics courses ranging from calculus, algebra, analysis and so on, then coming to Physics, classical, thermodynamics/statistical, electromagnetism, relativistic and quantum mechanics you should hold them to your heart, then there are what they called quantum many-body systems and quantum field theory etc which you hardly heard of in Nigeria. And if you can make your way to UI, Uniben or UNN they do little theoretical there but those old guys may retire before you get in, that's worst scenario. In reality, there is no active theoretical Physics in Nigeria presently. I am telling your from experience as someone with MSc in condensed matter theory. I have been to Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in Trieste, Italy for summer schools and I can tell you confidently that we are far behind in Physics here in Nigeria. If you need more info feel free to reach me on +2348031349281 and on facebook through facebook.com/garamahtua. Best wishes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prepare To Become A Theoretical Physicist In This Country Nigeria by Debangis20(m): 9:12am On Mar 20, 2023
^^^^ Thank you for your comment, sir.

(1) (Reply)

How To Write The Scope Of Study Of A Research Paper / Free Job Test Questions And Answers [GMAT,DRAGNET,KENEXA,WORKFORCE] / Baxipos Promo (n30,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.