Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? (1365 Views)

Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. / I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism / Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by Dirkcoyt: 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
A lot of times we read about racism in Europe, America but I've never read about it before. Is it that blacks over there don't experience racism or racism is not pronounced there or the media don't report it or the Latinos are a bit friendly towards the black? when i say Latin America, i'm talking of the Brazil,Colombia, Argentina, Peru and the rest.

Note: this is thought out of inquisitiveness not some victim mentality. I look forward to your replies.
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2017
don't know oo but as long as u are a black man, u will face racism, weda it is in Europe, Asian, d middle east the Americans and so on, dat's d effects of slave trade

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by Ajebusta(m): 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
Because black is majority in Brazil...... Black is majority in Ecuador Argentines black are not many... Colombians black are almost fair in complexion....
So go and do your assignment....

Racism dont exists in lands we have black as majority ..

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by Chrisbeks: 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2017
There is serious racism in Latin america o. No think am o. Those guys are deadlier than whites. Trust me on that o. I don hustle for Brazil favela before (don't ask me what I was doing) but those guys will just waste u if u don't behave

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by mysticwarrior(m): 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2017
racism is worst in south america, Colombia and Brazil has a large black population, but you will never see an undiluted black woman or man as a News caster, if you go to their banks you will never see blacks among their staffs, there are no bill board in south America where you would see the image of a black man, they only time blacks are visible are during soccer matches where you would see sizable numbers of blacks representing those countries.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by MONITZ: 4:47am On Nov 18, 2017
mysticwarrior:
racism is worst in south america, Colombia and Brazil has a large black population, but you will never see an undiluted black woman or man as a News caster, if you go to their banks you will never see blacks among their staffs, there are no bill board in south America where you would see the image of a black man, they only time blacks are visible are during soccer matches where you would see sizable numbers of blacks representing those countries.

Y is it so?,I know there re more lots of blacks in Brazil than any other South American countries,I know they have this Orisa stuff and a sizeable number of yorubas too because they were a major beneficiary of slaves who didn't know where they came from and had to be dumped here simply because of this since there was no way to know their original countries before they were taken,so y don't they project the blacks in their day to day life activities ?.-This to me is a big contradiction, their known faces in sports especially football and volleyball re well known black faces...
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 18, 2017
Most of you here are just writing nonsense
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by mysticwarrior(m): 8:27am On Nov 18, 2017
BabaOwen:
Most of you here are just writing nonsense
and we would appreciate it if you could give us a sensible contribution to this thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by Dirkcoyt: 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
mysticwarrior:
I didn't know it is as bad as this, Their movies, sport says opposite of what you posted.
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by seunny4lif(m): 1:03am On Nov 20, 2017
Ajebusta:
Because black is majority in Brazil......
Black is majority in Ecuador
Argentines black are not many...
Colombians black are almost fair in complexion....

So go and do your assignment....

Racism dont exists in lands we have black as majority
Don't write what you don't know
Visit Brazil and you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by seunny4lif(m): 1:05am On Nov 20, 2017
mysticwarrior:
I was in San Paulo and I witnessed it myself in 2012 and I'm planning to go again with my wife
They wouldn't give you a job, if you are not light skin
Panama is more better at least

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by tsdarkside(m): 1:33am On Nov 20, 2017
una problem is,una think mullatos are blacks....unfortunate for una those animals dont see them selfs as blacks.....
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by Dirkcoyt: 9:49am On Nov 20, 2017
tsdarkside:
una problem is,una think mullatos are blacks....unfortunate for una those animals dont see them selfs as blacks.....

Wait bro, I don't get this mullato theory, for better analogy can we say neymar is mullato and Willian or Ramirez of Chelsea is black considering neymar is not as black as them.
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by tsdarkside(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2017
Dirkcoyt:

Wait bro, I don't get this mullato theory, for better analogy can we say neymar is mullato and Willian or Ramirez of Chelsea is black considering neymar is not as black as them.

do black people have blue eyes??...we never had....soon you will see people with somewhat black skin but with strange eyes but claim to be black too....mullatos are agents of whites....i hanged around this strange things,they dont hide the fact that they dont like you when you piss them off enough....

its up to blacks to smell the coffee....mulattos dont care that they are under whites solong they are above you....

i always tell blacks to study the history of haiti....then you will understand more....

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by Ajebusta(m): 11:24am On Nov 20, 2017
seunny4lif:
Don't write what you don't know Visit Brazil and you will understand.
Is Black not majority in Brazil?... Nigeria is the only country that have more blacks than Brazil
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by seunny4lif(m): 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2017
Ajebusta:

Is Black not majority in Brazil?...
Nigeria is the only country that have more blacks than Brazil
Yes but that doesn't mean Black are majority
Brazil population is more than 200M and blacks are just 10%
Native and white own Brazil
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by vioment: 1:43am On Nov 21, 2017
It is still happening in places like nigeria masked under tribalism and religion, in north africa like this https://www.yahoo.com/news/libyan-government-investigate-slave-auctions-161859672.html.

The african continent is weak technologically, organizationally, environmentally, resourcefully, and diplomatically(no weight). We(Africa) are on a long tin and we never serious on all burners yet.
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by mysticwarrior(m): 7:56am On Nov 21, 2017
tsdarkside:
in Brazil mullatos are not seen as blacks but in the US mullatos are heavily considered as blacks, no doubt about that.
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by NairaMinted: 11:16am On Nov 21, 2017
seunny4lif:

Don't write what you don't know
Visit Brazil and you will understand.

The ignorance on display here is shocking and appalling. They should go on YouTube and Google Brazil and racism and find out for themselves. There are so many videos on the subject matter. Here is one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1xnIdtn3FI
Re: Why Don't We Hear Of Racism Towards Black In Latin America? by tsdarkside(m): 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
mysticwarrior:
in Brazil mullatos are not seen as blacks but in the US mullatos are heavily considered as blacks, no doubt about that.

no matter where those things are,they are not blacks.....i gave up trying to explain this to other blacks,reality will remind them....

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Wagner Group Forces Captured Military Headquarters In Rostov, Russia / Trump Deploys ‘iron Soldiers’ To Europe, Warns Russia Over Ukraine / President Trump's Tweets In U.S. After Meeting With Kim Jung-Un(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.