Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,612 members, 7,781,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital (38102 Views)

46 Doctors Resign From Ojukwu Teaching Hospital Over Poor Condition Of Service / My Experience At Apata General Hospital Ibadan / 79 Medical Doctors Resign From Kogi Govt Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by valdovas(m): 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
I don't blame those who plan to relocate. This country is an irredeemable mess.
Instead of citizens to fight for their rights they are shouting God will help us, God will fight for us.
Nonsense.

And the politicians their wickedness is so great, always taking and taking from the people and never giving anything back.

Anyone who can escape to a better life should go and help themselves and their future generations.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by anonimi: 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
three:
It could be argued that they are only being patriotic and would like the honour of treating Mr. President if he is ill.

They stand a better chance doing this by practicing outside the country.

You is a wisked someborri. grin
See as you give bubu uppercut and left his glass jaw shattered. cheesy cheesy

2016 Budget: Buhari to spend more on State House Clinic than on all federal teaching hospitals
February 2, 2016

More from: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/197827-2016-budget-buhari-to-spend-more-on-state-house-clinic-than-on-all-federal-teaching-hospitals.html

Drug scarcity hits Aso Rock clinic despite N3.87bn budget
August 18, 2016

More from: http://punchng.com/drug-scarcity-hits-aso-rock-clinic-despite-n3-87bn-budget/

Muhammadu Buhari under fire for seeking medical treatment in UK
7 June 2016

More from: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/07/muhammadu-buhari-nigeria-ear-infection-medical-treatment-uk

3 Likes

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by bobnatlo(m): 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
Do they (politicians ) care??
Just go ahead budget billions for a small clinic in govt house, turn around embezzle the same money and then take some change from ur loot to go London and treat common ear infection. Nothing go happen and many senseless masses will still root for u.
Who cares if all the docs fly away after all u never gonna need these death centers here without syringe, needle n pcm

3 Likes

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by Rick9(m): 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
I don't know y this country is like this, playing with something as delicate as health. Nigeria is messed up

5 Likes

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by lebete3000: 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
danilmo:
still a student sha , but cant wait to graduate and jet out abeg..
6yrs of 0% social 100% mental stress no be joke eh wit that peanut salary..mtcheew.

wen there ar
better countries looking for fresh talent.

What are your plans?
Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by dabongys: 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
I remember during the Jonathan era when doctors went on strike. The then health minister Onyebuchi Chukwuma advised him to fire all resident doctors and Jona obliged. After much consultation the men (Jona and the Onyebuchi) came back to their senses and recalled the doctors. They want to reduce doctors to what they have done to teachers and police officers in this country. To every force, there would always be an equal and opposite reaction. Those handling the affairs of Nigeria think they are smarter than the rest of us. A time is coming when public office in this country would no longer be attractive because the followership would no longer be there due to frustration. Look at bastards like PHCN! One day...one day what befell Nitel and Water Board would come to them. The brains (not just doctors) are leaving the country in droves. A very bleak future awaits Nigeria. Politicians, please keep stealing.

8 Likes

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by begge: 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
Why would jubril take our health serious when he always travel out when ever he is sick.na thunder go destroy una one day
Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by Lakebridge: 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
pol23:
Just one question for every reader...
If you have the chance to pick up work abroad, will you stay back and for what reason?
Family and colleagues wey Don relocate thru PR pass 13 this year alone...
I'm still here because I'm not yet qualified for minimum of 3 years working experience related to your certified Discipline.. once I have that..Odabo... naija no fit better....truth.

My brother abeg we get talk. Kind check ur mail.

1 Like

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by dadavivo: 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

See what Swiss Golden and Bitcoins have caused.
Nobody wants to work again.
it's like you're brainless. I take God beg you try to grow up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by Paperwhite(m): 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
maxjax:
so its now up to the native doctors
shocked grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2017
Realdeals:
Well, abandoning the same institution that trains you with the insufficient facilities you're complaining about is not really fair.

Ditto
Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by Baroba(m): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
£500+ a shift locuming in UK versus shitty pay under poor conditions, I know which one I will choose. Nigerian leaders have destroyed this nation.
Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by anonimi: 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
Realdeals:
Well, abandoning the same institution that trains you with the insufficient facilities you're complaining about is not really fair.

Please preach your gospel to the man below who has been enjoying medical tourism since forever
Thanks.
Or are you a hypocrite like him ni?

Buhari Returns From Foreign Medical Treatment, Receives Speaker Tambuwal
MAR 18, 2012

Former military Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari has returned from his overseas visit to his Kaduna base, and from where he has been receiving guests.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2012/03/18/buhari-returns-foreign-medical-treatment-receives-speaker-tambuwal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2511007_twimg20150606110231_jpeg39a981c3e395cdad91109dd852e5cd67

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a

4 Likes

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by freeze001(f): 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
lazygal:

Let them Go abi? So we should now be visiting herbalist to be treated ,right??

If conditions don't improve, u cannot blame them. U go be poor man still be winch on top? Abi they should stay and still watch patients die due to poor funding and lack of machines n equipment?

Imagine hundreds dying in d North due to snakebites just because the government cannot provide anti-venom to treat victims...they just watch them die! If na u kwanu?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by freeze001(f): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
Realdeals:

freeze001:

If conditions don't improve, u cannot blame them. U go be poor man still be winch on top? Abi they should stay and still watch patients die due to poor funding and lack of machines n equipment?

1 Like

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by anonimi: 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2017
maxjax:
so its now up to the native doctors

So long as bubu and his comrade in looting, JagaBandit lead by example in using the native doctors instead of going abroad for every small headache they have.
What do you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMHk9Y9uRtE

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026500_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2017
Let me get this straight. Some doctors leave the country because the infrastructure is grossly inadequate. This leads to a situation where the remaining doctors become overworked. Then some of the overworked doctors get fed up and decide to quit and relocate to other countries, worsening the situation.

Kai!!! Nigeria is in serious trouble. No wonder NYSC doctors and junior doctors are the only ones who often attend to me when I visit the hospital!

Mogbe!

3 Likes

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by anonimi: 11:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
lazygal:
Let them Go abi? So we should now be visiting herbalist to be treated ,right??

Don't be a lazy girl even though that is your moniker.
Engage your politicians to REDUCE their own salary so that doctors and other health workers will have a good life also in our country as they have in the UK, Canada, USA etc.
Is that impossible for you to champion

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by ElPhoche(m): 11:09pm On Nov 16, 2017
I am a doctor. I left Nigeria on the 18th of September, for greener pastures. After my exams, and when I am done completing my training, it is bye bye to Nigeria. Not after suffering and sacrificing would I come back to earn a pittance. Do you know that a 12 months house officer's salary cannot buy a new Toyota Camry.
I have finally decided to relieve myself of the blackmail that Medicine is a calling. �����
Omo, for Kaplan here we I deh study for the USMLEs, after the South Americans, nah Naija guys full here.
If you are a doctor reading this, do quick and cut out of Nigeria. Nigeria does not pay. Nigerians do not appreciate you. Nairaland typists would always be quick to bash you. Even if it is Sudan, go. Till Nigeria is brought to it's knees by the dearth of doctors, till they invest seriously in the health sector; infrastructure wise and renumeration-wise. For now, the government is not serious.
If you see hospitals here, omo, just Texas Children Hospital is bigger than Transcorp Hilton. Make I no talk now.

My worry nah just my mumsy, dad and other family in Naija. Issorite

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by lazygal: 11:09pm On Nov 16, 2017
anonimi:

Don't be a lazy girl even though that is your moniker.
Engage your politicians to REDUCE their own salary so that doctors and other health workers will have a good life also in our country as they have in the UK, Canada, USA etc.
Is that impossible for you to champion

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6

Were attempts not made ? Very greedy selfish wicked individuals .
Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by anonimi: 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2017
freebuddy:
Let me get this straight. Some doctors leave the country because the infrastructure is grossly inadequate. This leads to a situation where the remaining doctors become overworked. Then some of the overworked doctors get fed up and decide to quit and relocate to other countries, worsening the situation.

Kai!!! Nigeria is in serious trouble. No wonder NYSC doctors and junior doctors are the only ones who often attend to me when I visit the hospital!

Mogbe!

O ti gbe.
Nigeria troubles just dey start ni.
Shebi we know how to flog, stone and kill phone thieves while we hail those who steal billions and deprive our doctors good salaries paid promptly.
We never die finish.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by ElPhoche(m): 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2017
freebuddy:

Mogbe!
Spot on. In fact, I left my NYSC the second month. I am not looking back, because I don't plan on returning to Naija, or worse work in a government hospital. It doesn't pay
Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by anonimi: 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2017
lazygal:
Were attempts not made ? Very greedy selfish wicked individuals .

How many successful people do you know who attempted WAEC, JAMB etc several times before they passed finally?
If a goal is worthwhile, you keep working on it and pushing until you succeed.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160990_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

[img]http://otrazhenie.files./2013/08/step.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3929046_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by lazygal: 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2017
anonimi:

How many successful people do you know who attempted WAEC, JAMB etc several times before they passed finally?
If a goal is worthwhile, you keep working on it and pushing until you succeed.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160990_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

[img]http://otrazhenie.files./2013/08/step.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3929046_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

What stopped u from also convincing them ?
Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by otswag(m): 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
Realdeals:
Oh! So they should stay, starve and wait to become a shadow of what they are truly capable of in a country where the govt is literally just watching healthcare crumble before its very eyes and where the people believe they complain too much and are nothing but troublemakers abi? They have stopped complaining and started leaving, yet,you all still have an issue with this again
Don't worry. we are making more job vacancies available for those that have no interest in travelling. At the end, everyone wins. The only problems is that those that have no plans of leaving are majorly the ones that are too old to begin a new hustle. At the end, what will be left is an aging, overworked and ill equipped medical community if the nigerian govt doesn't get its act together.
But don't worry. There are alot of nurses, pharmacists and other health workers that are very capable of taking up the challenge. Afterall, the average nigerian already believes they are better drs than the actually qualified drs.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by anonimi: 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
lazygal:
What stopped u from also convincing them ?

It is because I am continuing to do my bit, pressing on till success that makes me encourage you to do similar.
Cheers.

[img]http://diddispatches.files./2014/06/image8.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by lazygal: 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
anonimi:

It is because I am continuing to do my bit, pressing on till success that makes me encourage you to do similar.
Cheers.

[img]http://diddispatches.files./2014/06/image8.jpg[/img]

OK oooo....If u say so.you ma,Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by d33types: 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
At least for once Nigerians did not call the doctors selfish.
Modified; how wrong I was.

3 Likes

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by anonimi: 11:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
otswag:
okay. So they should stay, starve and wait to become a shadow of what they are truly capable of in a country where the govt is literally just watching healthcare crumble before its very eyes and where the people believe they complain too much and are nothing but troublemakers abi. They have stopped complaining and started leaving, yet,you all still have an issue with this again

Don't mind the guy o jare. Yarning dust instead of facing the politicians who have made such a situation inevitable by their stealing and bogus salaries while owing even the pittance due to hard working civil servants.
Maybe his parents are politicians enjoying our loot like that useless daughter of Oyo state's constituted authority spraying dollars and pounds sterling in London owambe video.
These politicians should be flogged until they REDUCE their salaries in line with our N18,000 minimum wage.
No more! No less!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2594708_2015070614_49_24_jpeg729d77cc44780fac0baef3b112466d22

2 Likes

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by otswag(m): 11:37pm On Nov 16, 2017
anonimi:

Don't mind the guy o jare. Yarning dust instead of facing the politicians who have made such a situation inevitable by their stealing and bogus salaries while owing even the pittance due to hard working civil servants.
Maybe his parents are politicians enjoying our loot like that useless daughter of Oyo state's constituted authority spraying dollars and pounds sterling in London owambe video.
These politicians should be flogged until they REDUCE their salaries in line with our N18,000 minimum wage.
No more! No less!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2594708_2015070614_49_24_jpeg729d77cc44780fac0baef3b112466d22
I taya o. The tin weak me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital by drtee247(m): 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
ElPhoche:
I am a doctor. I left Nigeria on the 18th of September, for greener pastures. After my exams, and when I am done completing my training, it is bye bye to Nigeria. Not after suffering and sacrificing would I come back to earn a pittance. Do you know that a 12 months house officer's salary cannot buy a new Toyota Camry.
I have finally decided to relieve myself of the blackmail that Medicine is a calling. �����
Omo, for Kaplan here we I deh study for the USMLEs, after the South Americans, nah Naija guys full here.
If you are a doctor reading this, do quick and cut out of Nigeria. Nigeria does not pay. Nigerians do not appreciate you. Nairaland typists would always be quick to bash you. Even if it is Sudan, go. Till Nigeria is brought to it's knees by the dearth if doctors, till they invest seriously in the health sector; infrastructure wise and renumeration-wise. For now, the government is not serious.
If you see hospitals here, omo, just Texas Children Hospital is bigger than Transcorp Hilton. Make I no talk now.

My worry nah just my mumsy, dad and other family in Naija. Issorite
i have sent you an email chief

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Sleep On The Same Bed As Babies, It Can Kill Them- Dr Olufunmilayo / Stop Breastfeeding Your Husbands, Breast Milk Is For Babies - Commissioner / Teaching Hospital Workers Lock Fayose Out (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.