Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers) (1057 Views)

Me And My Canadian Friend Did A Dance To "Show You The Money" By Wizkid / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria / Nigerian Names For Rappers And R&b Stars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers) by dammiecool(m): 2:36pm On Mar 23, 2010
Over dose on a dance track alujo is that a sell out?

Terry da rap man featurin Terry G (a dance track) se na sell out?

ill bliss ft terry G aiye po gan.na sell out?

mode nine sef don dey sound like MI grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers) by Rhymstein(m): 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
@dammiecool
I dnt knw the meaning of Alujo bt overdose was nt rapping abt partyn n dancing

Then terry n terry g on ojoro,nt a party/dance track

Aiyepogan is a song for d street
They r all crossover songs n the lyrics werent dumb jst lyk when lupe fiasco did a crossover song(superstar) wit matthew santos,it was a hit
Re: Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers) by dammiecool(m): 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Rhymes
alujo means dance beat cool
Re: Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers) by Krayola(m): 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
IMO, rappers are entertainers first. Their job is to entertain people. . .not to fit into some mold. No such thing as selling out as long as the motivation is a genuine desire to create something original. "selling out" for me is when an artist, rather than follow his own heart, is more worried about what people will think about his/her career moves.

Remember, the product is not the artist. . . it is a just a product of his/her imagination. Equating the product with the artist's person says more about the shallowness of a person than about the artist. Dance to the song if it makes u wanna dance. Appreciate it for what it is. My 2 cents.
Re: Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers) by dammiecool(m): 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
Krayola:

IMO, rappers are entertainers first. Their job is to entertain people. . .not to fit into some mold. No such thing as selling out as long as the motivation is a genuine desire to create something original. "selling out" for me is when an artist, rather than follow his own heart, is more worried about what people will think about his/her career moves.

Remember, the product is not the artist. . . it is a just a product of his/her imagination. Equating the product with the artist's person says more about the shallowness of a person than about the artist. Dance to the song if it makes u wanna dance. Appreciate it for what it is. My 2 cents.

Before baraje some say Rugged dont have a dance track sad

After baraje they started shouting sell out angry

wetin man go do
Re: Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers) by Krayola(m): 4:01pm On Mar 23, 2010
haha. People will always have sumn to say. U can't get caught up in what people say or think. . . One has to get beyond that. Ruggedy will do his thing and if his music is hot it will sell. People will always talk crap. . . . it says more about them than about the artist.

It's one thing to criticize the quality of a song. . . but to criticize an artist for making a type of song, even when it is a great song, is just, IMO, foolish.
Re: Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers) by Genuflect(m): 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2010
Rhymstein:

@dammiecool

They r all crossover songs n the lyrics werent dumb jst lyk when lupe fiasco did a crossover song(superstar) wit matthew santos,it was a hit
Rhymestein, here you go again. I've not heard Alujo but does he have to rap about partying and dancing for it to be a party track? That point is flawed. Ojoro and Aiye Po Gan are not party songs? Do you even go to clubs or just speed through them? Lol. Which kain rapper go put Terry G on hook if im no wan make people dance?
@topic I've not really had a problem with a rapper doing dance tracks. Just be tight, that's all. I remember Freestyle's album: had party songs and crazy lyrical songs and he came correct on all of them. Is that selling out?
Re: Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers) by coolguyz(m): 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
Krayola:

It's one thing to criticize the quality of a song. . . but to criticize an artist for making a type of song, even when it is a great song, is just, IMO, foolish.

WORD ! ! ! ! !

Rhymstein:

@dammiecool

just the same way san wo by Ruggedman - he wasnt rapping abt partyn and dancing bt making money. . . . so dt means its not a party song? well, just as Genuflect said and i quote him
Genuflect:

Rhymestein, here you go again. I've not heard Alujo but does he have to rap about partying and dancing for it to be a party track? That point is flawed. Ojoro and Aiye Po Gan are not party songs? Do you even go to clubs or just speed through them? Lol. Which kain rapper go put Terry G on hook if im no wan make people dance?
@topic I've not really had a problem with a rapper doing dance tracks. Just be tight, that's all. I remember Freestyle's album: had party songs and crazy lyrical songs and he came correct on all of them. Is that selling out?

btw. . . . wats crossover within the context of your definition above?

(1) (Reply)

"ft. Da Grin" ? / Asa, Free Spirit / Young Joe C Shares His Point Of View On The D'banj-don Jazzy Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.