Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. (142556 Views)

My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Badilstical(m): 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
dannycrane77:
Good day, Please do I need letter of eligibility from ministry of education before I can apply to russia student visa. I have already authenticated my documents in the ministry.
Hello bro,
How much did it cost you and how long did it take to legalise and authentic your docs
Or rather can I talk to you in private
Gabrielcoder247@gmail.com is my contact
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by tianshie(m): 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
hey @tochiphotos what do B's parents do for a living? Does she talk about the old Russia? Do her parents talk about their life in the old Soviet Union? Could you ask her? I heard life was really terrible in the old Soviet Union (they didn't have fruits to eat) and I am just curious how that life compares to today's Russia. Cheers!
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Badilstical(m): 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2019
Happy new year my people,

I have gotten to a stage of submission at the embassy but I wanted to enquire from guys in Russia.
How much did you had in you account when you applied? Like if you have 1.5m is that OK
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by edunwanna: 7:18am On Jan 04, 2019
Badilstical:
Happy new year my people,

I have gotten to a stage of submission at the embassy but I wanted to enquire from guys in Russia.
How much did you had in you account when you applied? Like if you have 1.5m is that OK

U need a minimum of 800k in ur own bank acct statement to get d visa.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by stormwarrior(m): 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
Tochi, how far na.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by labani06(m): 3:15pm On Jan 26, 2019
TochiPhotos:
Yayyyy!!! TGIF! Shakes bum bum lol. Hope everyone had a nice week?

Finally wrote the assessment test I've been preparing for all week, the results would be released on Tuesday. I tried my best so fingers crossed lol grin

This week has been one hell of a week, I told you guys I bought a camera right? I purchased a used canon 7D from avito ( avito is like OLX and is Russia's biggest classified ad website) in the ad the seller said the camera had under 5,000 actuations (shutter count) which means it's basically like new.

When I met her at KFC, I checked out everything in the camera and the body and everything worked fine. There was no way to confirm the shutter count in her presence because unlike Nikon, you can't do that only with just a picture but have to use the cable and some 3rd party software since Canon doesn't write the shutter count on the EXIF file. When I met the Lady, we got talking and I found out she's one of Russia's best Fashion photographer's and was selling the canon because she already has 3 other cameras. Knowing she's a public figure made me feel more at peace and I paid her and went home.

On getting home, I quickly installed the software to check the shutter count and to my surprise, it was 20 x more than what she told me. I was so angry and disappointed and I immediately sent her a message on whatsapp registering my displeasure and told her I'd like a refund.
She didn't respond for like an hour, I started panicking and thought I had been scammed because it was my first time of using avito. Even though I was previously relaxed cos she’s popular , I started feeling uneasy and my roommates were making matters worse, it was that time they remembered to tell me stories about people getting scammed on that site, instead of to trying to calm me him dey make my blood dey pressure dey rise more lmao grin and he went on and told me to forget it, that she has probably scammed me because avito like olx has lots of fake adverts etc.

I was really angry and disappointed because the money I used to purchase the camera was all I had and I've been saving up for it for a while and I really needed a reliable camera for my upcoming project. I just said a little prayer and handed everything to God and went to sleep.

The constant buzzing on my phone woke me up some minutes later and I saw lots of apologetic messages from her, on how she genuinely didn't know and didn't intentionally try to deceive or lie to me. After some back and forth she told me I could return it or she could send me back half of the money I paid while I keep and use it like that.
I went for the second option because giving me back half my money no matter how high the shutter count was, is a really good deal so I took it. My roommates were surprised because they had already concluded she scammed me. Lol after 2 mins I got an alert and got half my money back.

She called and apologized again then we talked further and I told her about my upcoming project, she liked it and gave some advise and asked me to keep in touch and always reach out whenever I need help with my photography grin

In more good news, I have this 2 Sisters in my class N and N. The older Sister is my closest friend in school and we do everything together. This week was really tough for her cos her mom had some medical conditions and had to be hospitalized for a few days, I haven't seen her this way before, she was so depressed, cried all night and was such a wreck.
She's a really amazing individual and it hurt me to see her that way because she's one of the strongest woman I know, and seeing her like that affected me as if her mom was someone I knew personally too. To the Glory of God her mom has fully recovered and is fine now.

Let me tell you guys a bit about N. She has the kindest heart of any lady I've met in Russia, she and her sister are the most amazing individuals I've met since I arrived and from the first day we had class together, we've been inseparable and always do everything together and they help me a lot in with my study.
I remember when I was broke and depressed and she would always be there for me and send me uplifting songs and words of encouragement all night.

Not only does she bring food from home to share with me in class, she was supportive emotionally as well and always reminded me I was never alone.
She's such an amazing lady and whenever I see her, no matter how angry or sad I am, I always forget whatever it is bothering me within a few minutes, cos she always brings out the happiness and peace in me.
Whenever something is bothering me and I come to class looking sad, no matter how much I try to hide it she always knows something is wrong and she gives me a hug each time and tells me not to worry that everything will be all right. There is something so peaceful about her hugs, whenever she hugs and holds me, I usually feel time stop, as if I’m floating into a different universe where everything is perfect and peaceful.
I gave her an even longer hug today after our test cos I knew she needed a hug too after the difficult week she had. Let me stop here before una go begin think say na another thing lol

And for those who are planning on asking, No we are not dating, she's a bit older than me even tho that's not really a problem but she has a BF she's serious with and I too met someone so we decided to be friends because we both cherish our friendship and to tbh I'd rather be her friend than date her, we might break up later and I'd lose out on a great friend so I'm content with just been her friend.

Bottomline I'm so happy her mom is okay now; it was the best thing that happened this week not even the camera lol.

Whew! Just finished working out from the gym now (my dorm has a really nice gym and I workout there on weekends.)
About to boil macaroni and eat with my Nigerian stew lol

I have a date tomorrow, I haven't been to red square since I arrived so my potential bae (we've been talking for a while) is taking me to Red square and to see Justice league later.

I haven't really started using the camera because I was really busy this week but I took a few test shots so will post that and some pics I took with my phone. Haven't really done much photography and I have not actviely used a camera in almost 2 years and I can't wait.

1st pic, KGB HQ in Luyanka. My school is in Lubyanka street so KGB HQ isa few meters away from my school. I walk past the building everyday.

2nd pic, One of my schools building

3rd pic, Moscow towers/biz center

4th picture, I, N and her younger Sister N, in class.

The rest are I and some of my friends in the canteen. And the rest are random pics from my school’s street and a picture of some cakes.

I will make out time soon to go out and take more pictures.

Take care guys and have a nice weekend everyone.

You have really met the right people i wish one day some africans would behave like these people very kind and nice people

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by urahara(m): 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2019
[quote author=Uziehot post=64129105][/quote]

Nairalanders o!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

U ppl won't kill me
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by urahara(m): 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2019
Inkredible:

G boy alert!!!

We dey look you oga. angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Russianguy: 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2019
I have really been thrilled reading this.....Where is @Tochi ooo. B is really beautiful

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by chaiks: 8:11pm On Apr 02, 2019
Hi brethren. I am confused right now. I got admitted to HSE St Petersburg campus with a full tuition scholarship. I am worried if I can see a job there that can sustain me. Please what's life like for a black in Russia? The stories I read on YouTube aren't encouraging if I should go by it. I just need a first hand experience. Thanks.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Drenimarcus(m): 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
Don’t think this guy will be updating this thread anymore. Unfollowing. It was fun while it lasted

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Awilibogy(m): 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
chaiks:
Hi brethren. I am confused right now. I got admitted to HSE St Petersburg campus with a full tuition scholarship. I am worried if I can see a job there that can sustain me. Please what's life like for a black in Russia? The stories I read on YouTube aren't encouraging if I should go by it. I just need a first hand experience. Thanks.

Bro forget media, Russia is OK, With a student visa you get jobs and also to get other country visa like US, UK Canada is very easy from there.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by chaiks: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
Awilibogy:

Bro forget media, Russia is OK, With a student visa you get jobs and also to get other country visa like US, UK Canada is very easy from there.
wow. Great to hear this. Will consider it as time progress. Thanks.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by chaiks: 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
Please niaralanders in St Petersburg,get in touch. I have questions to ask please.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
chaiks:
Please niaralanders in St Petersburg,get in touch. I have questions to ask please.

Please how did you apply for the scholarship??
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by chaiks: 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hadampson:

Please how did you apply for the scholarship??
I applied online. If you Google apply to HSE Russia,you will create account and fill it up if your course is there. I am worried about survival in Russia. checked and noticed one rubble equals five naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 9:29pm On Apr 05, 2019
chaiks:
I applied online. If you Google apply to HSE Russia,you will create account and fill it up if your course is there. I am worried about survival in Russia. checked and noticed one rubble equals five naira.

Don't worry bro
Russia is a good country

I get one guy for voronezh and hin dey flex as e like... Forget wetin you dey see for youtube.. Na wash
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
chaiks:

Boss, na higher school of economics i dey see o

I be omo science cheesy

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by chaiks: 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hadampson:

Boss, na higher school of economics i dey see o

I be omo science cheesy
yes.na the school.check your course there. They have campus in Moscow and St Petersburg.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by chaiks: 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hadampson:

Don't worry bro
Russia is a good country

I get one guy for voronezh and hin dey flex as e like... Forget wetin you dey see for youtube.. Na wash
serious. I don pm you. Kindly reply me please.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
chaiks:
serious. I don pm you. Kindly reply me please.

Okay boss
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by chaiks: 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
Please why is it that this thread is somehow cold. Is it that life is hard in Russia? Toochi please kindly help give input on study experiences in HSE. Got admitted with full tuition waiver and I have till May 1 to either accept or reject it. Please wats life in St Petersburg like in terms of getting part time work? Please anyone with genuine information can help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
chaiks:
Please why is it that this thread is somehow cold. Is it that life is hard in Russia? Toochi please kindly help give input on study experiences in HSE. Got admitted with full tuition waiver and I have till May 1 to either accept or reject it. Please wats life in St Petersburg like in terms of getting part time work? Please anyone with genuine information can help.
me too please let me know when you have any info

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by chaiks: 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
me too please let me know when you have any info
ok bro. Seems Russia na no go area
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
chaiks:
ok bro. Seems Russia na no go area
Bros don't mind anybody Russia is okay for studies and it's easier to enter Europe from Russia
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by chaiks: 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
Bros don't mind anybody Russia is okay for studies and it's easier to enter Europe from Russia
abi oo. Because me Can't afford to stay in naija any longer. I rather go hungry in Russia.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
chaiks:
abi oo. Because me Can't afford to stay in naija any longer. I rather go hungry in Russia.
yes boss. do you have any genuine agent? Let me know I want to get out of this nation before next fall

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.