Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Genotype Palaver - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype Palaver (1670 Views)

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" / Genotype: Is It Possible For Doctors To Make Mistakes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genotype Palaver by Chigirl042(f): 8:55am On Nov 17, 2017
Good day everyone!
please I need clarification on this issue that has been bothering me.
So I went to the hospital to know my blood group and genotype and when the result came out, I was blood group O+ and genotype AS but the problem I have now is that according to what I was thought in secondary school,when an AS and AA genotype gets married, their 1st child would be AA, the 2nd child becomes AS,the 3rd child becomes AA and then the 4th child becomes AS.
And I'm the 3rd child,so I don't understand how my result came out to be AS.
So please my people, I really need clarification on this issue. thank u.
Re: Genotype Palaver by UbanmeUdie: 9:17am On Nov 17, 2017
shocked

Applying secondary knowledge which is a preamble could make one run mad on sensitive issues like this.

It is a fact that AA + AS parents will produce offsprings with genotypes AA, AS, AA and AS. But the order of occurrence sometimes is not in such sequence.

This is a scientific fact!

However, If your mother had suffered a miscarriage or had an abortion before you were born or even before any of your older siblings, the possibility of you turning out as AS following your secondary school knowledge would be high.

It means, you are originally the 4th child and not 3rd. You are 3rd by circumstance of life.

I hope, my explanation is simple enough. You may send a DM if you need more medical guidance.
Re: Genotype Palaver by Chigirl042(f): 10:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Applying secondary knowledge which is a preamble could make one run mad on sensitive issues like this.

It is a fact that AA + AS parents will produce offsprings with genotypes AA, AS, AA and AS. But the order of occurrence sometimes is not in such sequence.

This is a scientific fact!

However, If your mother had suffered a miscarriage or had an abortion before you were born or even before any of your older siblings, the possibility of you turning out as AS following your secondary school knowledge would be high.

It means, you are originally the 4th child and not 3rd. You are 3rd by circumstance of life.

I hope, my explanation is simple enough. You may send a DM if you need more medical guidance.
Thanks for ur detailed answer but I'm really sad about being AS cus it makes one to be choosy when getting married
Re: Genotype Palaver by UbanmeUdie: 12:54am On Nov 18, 2017
Chigirl042:
Thanks for ur detailed answer but I'm really sad about being AS cus it makes one to be choosy when getting married

You are welcome!

Life is all about choices. If you are so bothered about your genotype status and desire a change from AS to AA, then I will advice you attend this year's Shiloh @ Living Faith Church Worldwide, Canaanland Ota-Lagos.

Cheers!
Re: Genotype Palaver by manitobor(m): 2:14am On Nov 18, 2017
Chigirl042:

Don't worry chibabe, I'll put a ring on your finger. I'm AA.
Re: Genotype Palaver by Chigirl042(f): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2017
manitobor:

Don't worry chibabe, I'll put a ring on your finger. I'm AA.
hahaha
Re: Genotype Palaver by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ibkayee what's your genotype? Come and give me twins
Re: Genotype Palaver by ibkayee(f): 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Ibkayee what's your genotype? Come and give me twins
AA
Re: Genotype Palaver by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
Wow mine is AS no need to chase any other females here
ibkayee:

AA
Lez make a baby sharply

1 Like

Re: Genotype Palaver by richdaflux: 7:32am On Nov 20, 2017
Thank God for your Secondary school knowledge. While you're right about the outcome, the result and interpretation is however based on probability. This means that, for each conception by your parents, there's always a 50% chance for the child to be AA and another 50% chance for the child to be AS.

What I'm saying invariably is that they can actually have five children and all of them will be AA or AS. The odds are per child and not for all the children they have.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Palaver by blessedvisky(m): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2017
..[/quote]

OMG!! This is what happens when you don't listen well or get taught by incompetent people..

Your parents' Haemoglobin blood types are HbAA and HbAS ( what you call AA and AS)

Now, due to the combination of genes, the possible outcome for any offspring of your parents is 50%AA and 50%AS.

The first child AA 2nd AS is a misconception....

It's possible for all your siblings to be AA

It's also possible to be AS children allthrough ( you and your siblings).

Your position of birth doesn't determine your Haemoglobin blood type or blood group or even rhesus factor.
Re: Genotype Palaver by blessedvisky(m): 9:42am On Nov 20, 2017
Lalasticlala Dominique
Re: Genotype Palaver by DanielsParker(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
Chigirl042:
hahaha
Hi. you're cute.
Re: Genotype Palaver by Chigirl042(f): 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
DanielsParker:

Hi. you're cute.
wow...thanks
Re: Genotype Palaver by Chigirl042(f): 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
blessedvisky:

OMG!! This is what happens when you don't listen well or get taught by incompetent people..

Your parents' Haemoglobin blood types are HbAA and HbAS ( what you call AA and AS)

Now, due to the combination of genes, the possible outcome for any offspring of your parents is 50%AA and 50%AS.

The first child AA 2nd AS is a misconception....

It's possible for all your siblings to be AA

It's also possible to be AS children allthrough ( you and your siblings).

Your position of birth doesn't determine your Haemoglobin blood type or blood group or even rhesus factor.
Now I understand better.Gracia
Re: Genotype Palaver by DanielsParker(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
Chigirl042:
wow...thanks
are you in Enugu?
Re: Genotype Palaver by Chigirl042(f): 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2017
DanielsParker:

are you in Enugu?
yes
Re: Genotype Palaver by DanielsParker(m): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
Chigirl042:
yes

okay, me too. do you have access to your email?? can I send you a PM? would love to write with you on WhatsApp.
Re: Genotype Palaver by oweniwe(m): 9:42am On Sep 24, 2018
UbanmeUdie:

If you are so bothered about your genotype status and desire a change from AS to AA, then I will advice you attend this year's Shiloh @ Living Faith Church Worldwide, Canaanland Ota-Lagos.

Cheers!

Its people like you that give church bad reputation.

Genotype change in church? Na hospital or medical lab?

How people can be brainwashed up this level is appaling angry

(1) (Reply)

Diy Butt Enlargement Cream At Home / Is There Anything That Can Be Done To Improve Your Memory? / Herbal Solution To Infertility And Childlessness In Women (part 1, 2, 3 & 4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.