Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) (23566 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Different From World Leaders And Kings I've Met - Arab Billionaire / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe / You Are Wearing Fake Crowns- Olubadan Tells 21 Newly Crowned Kings Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by PVision2020(m): 9:33am On Nov 17, 2017
Lagos State Council of Obas and Chiefs is one body, which has the capacity to contribute phenomenonally to good governance in the State by constantly availing government of its wisdom and sound advice: using its tremendous influence to mobilize popular support for public policy as well as being an important source of communication
and feedback between the government and the grassroots.
The new Council has a total of Fifty-one members drawn from the five divisions of the State. The Oba of Lagos is the permanent Chairman of the State Council of Obas and Chiefs with four Vice-Chairmen drawn from the four divisions of the State namely:
Ayangburen of Ikorodu, Alara of Ilara, Olu of Ikeja and the Akran of Badagry.

1. Oba Riliwanu Babatunde Akiolu
Title: Oba of Lagos
Phone: 01-7617766

2. Oba Raufu Adeniyi Matemi Amore
Title: Olu of Ikeja
Phone: 08023393021

3. Oba S. A. A. Oyefusi (Oguntade II)
Title: Ayangburen of Ikorodu
Phone: 08033181482, 08033331986

4. Oba A. O. Adesanya
Title: Alara of Ilara
Phone: 08038380790

5. De Aholu Menu-Toyi I
Title: Akran of Badagry Kingdom
Phone: 08033442083

http://www.nigeriagalleria.com/Nigeria/States_Nigeria/Lagos/Traditional-Rulers.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by PVision2020(m): 9:42am On Nov 17, 2017
Lagos Division
6. Oba Saheed A. Elegushi (Kusenla III) Title: Elegushi of Ikateland
7. Oba Tijani Adetunji Akinloye Title: Ojomu of Ajiranland Number: 08022245767
8. Oba Abiodun Idowu Oniru Title: Oniru of Iruland Phone: 08033069922
9. Oba Yinusa Ayeni Title: Onisiwo of Abagbo & Tomaro Phone; 08033105840
10. Oba Ganiyu Okeyide Odesanya Title: Oloto of Otto and Mainland.
11. Oba Patrick Ibikunle Fafunwa-Onikoyi Title: Onikoyi of Lagos Phone: 08033002766
12. Chief T. I. Jinadu-Eko Title: Olorogun-Adodo of Lagos Phone: 08032114324
13. Chief Fatai Olumegbon Title: Olumegbon of Lagos Phone: 08023260893
14. Chief Tajudeen Gbadesere Eletu Title: Eletu-Odibo of Lagos. Phone: 08033574388
Ikeja Division
15. Oba Lateef Atanda Adams Title: Olu Agege of Agege
16. Oba Lasisi Gbadamosi Title: Onigando of Igando
17. Oba Moroof Adekunle Ojoola Title: Ojon of Ejigbo
18. Oba Fatai Ayinla Aileru Title: Olu of Mushin
19. Oba H.O.A. Kassim-Bashua Title: Oba of Somolu
20. Oba Samson Alade Balogun Title: Oba of Egbeda
21. Oba Wahab A. Balogun Title: Oba of Isheri-Olofin
22. Oba Bashiru Oloruntoyin Saliu Title: Oba of Oworonshoki
23. Oba Fatai Irawo-Ogunsi Title: Oba of Odi-Olowo

2 Likes

Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by BakireBulmaker: 9:44am On Nov 17, 2017
Is this ok?
Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by PVision2020(m): 9:46am On Nov 17, 2017
Badagry Division
24. Oba Babatunde Lawal Title: Onigbanko of Igbankoland
25. Aholu Gbedite Ayaton Title: Aholu of Ajido
26. Oba N. A. Akinyemi Title: Alabirun of Ikaare
27. Oba Mobadenle O. Oyekan Title: Onilado of Ilado and Inagbe Island
28. Oba M. A. Ashafa Title: Onijanikin of Ijanikin
29. Oba Israel Adewale Okoya Title: Oba of Ibereko
30. Oba Abideen Adekanbi Durosinmi Title: Osolu of Irewe

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by Pheals(f): 9:47am On Nov 17, 2017
All this yeye kings wey there house no far from each other nawa o.. The government self. .putting fila in there head to make money and reduce power of the real kings... Same thing ajumobi want to do in Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by PVision2020(m): 9:52am On Nov 17, 2017
Ikorodu Division

31. Oba J. O. Fatola
Title: Adeboruwa of Igbogbo

32. Oba F. A. Oresanya
Title: Alajede of Ijede

33. Oba M. A. Bakare-Agoro
Title: Ranodu of Imota

34. Oba A.O.A. Oyebo (Oyebo II)
Title: Oba of Egbin

35. Oba Richard Abayomi Ogunsanya
Title: Olubeshe of Ibeshe

36. Chief K.H.A. Oshisanya
Title: Aro of Ikorodu

37. Chief Williams Adebisi Adejo
Title: Olisa of Imota

Epe Division

38. Oba Kamorudeen Animashaun
(Oloja of Epe)

39. Oba Olawale Olagoke Ogunsanya
(The Aladegunshenbi of Odoragunshen)

40. Oba Raufu Ishola Balogun
(The Elejinrin of Ejinrinland)

41. Oba Adegboyega Ayodele Adefowora
(Alaketu of Ketu)

42. Oba Rafiu Olusegun Bamidele Salami (Ogunbamise I) (The Onibejuof Ibeju Land)

43. Oba Babatunde Olaogun Ogunlaja (JP)
(The Aladeshonyin of Odo-Noforija
Kingdom)

44. Oba Ganiyu Adebowale Adegbesan
(Onise of Ise Land)

45. Oba Michael Gbadebo Onakoya
(The Orijeru of Ifgbooye Land)

46. Oba Sefiu Olatunji Adewale
Olu of Epe) .

others include: Chief T Jinadu-Eko, the Olorogun-Adodo of Lagos State
Chief Fatai Olumegbon
(Olumegbon of Lagos) and Chief
Tajudeen Gbadesere Eletu (Eletu -
Odibo of Lagos) .
A couple of thrones are presently vacant due to the demise of the former occupant.
Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by PVision2020(m): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2017
Pheals:
All this yeye kings wey there house no far from each other nawa o.. The government self. .putting fila in there head to make money and reduce power of the real kings... Same thing ajumobi want to do in Ibadan
All? Oba of Lagos, oba akran, oba of ikorodu and a lot of them has been around for hundreds of years.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by HMSadeRenee: 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2023
[i]I am wondering where my grandfathers name is on this list. As he was a high Chief over as many as 50 plus Mosques and Churches and played a part as a mediator in the government. He is from Agege. He was one of the last living of the Kingsmakers transcending at age 100. About 5 years ago I could at least find his last interview ( that took place just days before he died) and before that I could search the internet an find his name in text books. For some reason I haven't been able to find him in much. I can not have my grandfather and his legacy be written out of history as he did so much great work in his time of life. Amongst being a High Chief and Kingsmaker he was also a master herbalist who had healed many that were severely ill. Yielding from the village of the tree-cutters in Agege he made his way to become well respected and achieved in his communities and government. From electrician to trusted politician. Please do not erase my grandfather the great Late Ancestor Alhaji Chief (Dr) Jimoh Akanji Abioye Aileru (JP); the Ekerin Afobaje of Agege Kingdom, Babalaje of Idimu Land, Gbobaniyi of Gbagura-Abeokuta, Jagunmolu Ijaiye kukudi-Egba, Abeokuta, Asiwaju Musulumi Agege Kingdom, Atunlushe Odua, Agege Kingdom (Member of Peace and Security and Secuirty) Agege Lagos State. Born May 10th 1915. If he doesnt belong on this list then where shall we place such and esteemed human being?
Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by XAUBulls: 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
PVision2020:
Lagos State Council of Obas and Chiefs is one body, which has the capacity to contribute phenomenonally to good governance in the State by constantly availing government of its wisdom and sound advice: using its tremendous influence to mobilize popular support for public policy as well as being an important source of communication
and feedback between the government and the grassroots.
The new Council has a total of Fifty-one members drawn from the five divisions of the State. The Oba of Lagos is the permanent Chairman of the State Council of Obas and Chiefs with four Vice-Chairmen drawn from the four divisions of the State namely:
Ayangburen of Ikorodu, Alara of Ilara, Olu of Ikeja and the Akran of Badagry.

1. Oba Riliwanu Babatunde Akiolu
Title: Oba of Lagos
Phone: 01-7617766

2. Oba Raufu Adeniyi Matemi Amore
Title: Olu of Ikeja
Phone: 08023393021

3. Oba S. A. A. Oyefusi (Oguntade II)
Title: Ayangburen of Ikorodu
Phone: 08033181482, 08033331986

4. Oba A. O. Adesanya
Title: Alara of Ilara
Phone: 08038380790

5. De Aholu Menu-Toyi I
Title: Akran of Badagry Kingdom
Phone: 08033442083

http://www.nigeriagalleria.com/Nigeria/States_Nigeria/Lagos/Traditional-Rulers.html
Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by okooloyun1(m): 8:07am On Nov 28, 2023
Never knew there are many Oba's in Lagos State.
Re: Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) by Biodun556(m): 3:58am On Dec 04, 2023
N

(1) (Reply)

Which Top Ten African Countries to you Contribute To The Image Of Africa Today? / Alaafin Presents Car To Journalist Sanni Agboola / South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.