Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? (24065 Views)

Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance? / The Non Muslims Ask Who Created Allaah / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by nairavsdollars(f): 11:25am On Nov 17, 2017
Today is Jumat service and i notice Muslim men stay at the front during prayers while the women are asked to stay behind. Someone said it is a form of discrimination. How true?

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by madridguy(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2017
This is in accordance with Allah SWT to give both sides the comfort and ability to concentrate and devote themselves more deeply in the prayers...

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by smoy: 11:43am On Nov 17, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Today is Jumat service and i notice Muslim men stay at the front during prayers while the women are asked to stay behind. Someone said it is a form of discrimination. How true?
can you imagine yourself as a man standing behind a lady you have lost chemistry for, and this lady is bowing and prostrating with all her figure 8 displaying in your front, you will loose control of the prayer and the concentration shall never be they again. you suppose to focus and committed to your God during worship. Islam is logical even morally.

141 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by Nbote(m): 11:46am On Nov 17, 2017
NotComplaining:

Obnoxious comment from an obnoxious blind follower.

We are commanded and that is where questions end. Logic is not the premise for every argument.

If U were morally correct why would u b lusting afta anyone who isnt ur wife? If U are supposed to b praying then U are suposed to b meditating and praying.. Are u saying even inside d house d woman is allowed to pray beside her husband or is still relegated to d back? If U didn't have comprehension issues u'ld have seen m response was in line with d statement about logic and morals. And if questions end becos U were commanded even if it defies logic, who's d blind follower? I could care less what ur beliefs or sets of rules are but wen U begin to define others who live by their own rules with it den U are simply being irrational..

NotComplaining:

Name just one of the things you've observed that was practiced under the saction of Islam.

Christianity breeds immorality by allowing men to congregate with women without segregation. Like a petri dish, immorality festers in such conditions.

Now U dats d irrationality I was talking about.. Now tell me exactly what breeds the high trend of immorality among Muslims despite ur so-called moral and conditions?? U are as pathetic as ur argument..

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by smoy: 11:57am On Nov 17, 2017
Nbote:
If U were morally correct why would u b lusting afta anyone who isnt ur wife? If U are supposed to b praying then U are suposed to b praying.. Are u saying even inside d house d woman is allowed to pray beside her husband or is still relegated to d back?
i don't know if you try quoting me, watch the church predicament where your can hug and mingle freely with somebody's wife and what is the outcome of that in the Christianity society today, immorality is the order of the day.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by Nbote(m): 12:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
smoy:
i don't know if you try quoting me, watch the church predicament where your can hug and mingle freely with somebody's wife and what is the outcome of that in the Christianity society today, immorality is the order of the day.

Oga U jus goofed.. All U had to do was jus ansa d OP but u jus had to compare religions didn't U... So it is d hugging and mingling dat is d cause of immorality in d "Christian society" So what is d cause of d immorality in d Muslim society

Dis mods and dis their incantation dey wan ppl to make before commenting.

Mr. Man Why do u ppl like being hypocrites ?? U claim d Christian society is more immoral becos dey don't hide behind d hijab?? There worse form of immorality is d one by hypocrites and pretenders. I have no business with how u ppl conduct ur prayer or lives but d moment u begin to try to prove u're beta dan others is where there will b a problem.. I have attended pool parties, private parties and picnics with ur hijab wearing ladies who are worse dan street runs gals but so long as dey wear d hijab U ppl can continue to pretend all is fine. An average hijab wearing Muslim lady is addicted to all forms of syrup or d other, and for d guys, dey have succeeded in abusing every drug known to man and animals... Despite d fact dat ur religion allows u to marry more than one wife, still yet sexual promiscuity is high... I stay in d north, served in d north and grew up in a Muslim predominant society so I know what I'm talking about. I'm sure u read d reports on Nairaland here about prostitutes complaining of low patronage during d last Ramadan?

dastranger:
Why are some Christians obsessed with the religion of Islam

Live your life and let them live theirs undecided

D obsession is with u folks who are always trying to prove how superior u think ur religion is to others..

233 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by smoy: 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2017
Nbote:

Oga U jus goofed... So it is d hugging and mingling dat is d cause of immorality in d "Christian society" So what is d cause of d immorality in d Muslim society
see your most dominant christian society and compare that to Muslim predominant state and tell me the outcome, be sincere to yourself.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by martooski(m): 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
What about St. Martin | St Maarten, the immorality is close to non and crime rate very low, its 100% catholic State, there are many others. Truth is immorality has nothing to do with religion it about personal self. The ability for one to guide and direct himself in a way that the law and custom permits.

We must be very careful with this sort of topic.

Another thing is how do you define "immorality"... the word itself has many meanings depending on your culture and tradition. what is immoral in USA might not be in Nigeria. Only our customs can define what immorality is, and custom varies.

Thanks.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2017
nairavsdollars:

First and foremost, in the tradition (Sharee'ah) of Islam, ladies are better off praying at home (Juma'h Inclusive).

In all circumstances, ladies are to be behind a man during Prayer.

And since Islam forbids free mixing of opposite sex and enjoins lowering of gaze, it also makes sense... to avoid temptation!

And Allah knows best.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
Y'all are confused angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by sorextee(m): 3:44am On Nov 18, 2017
I always swear this Muslim oath every Friday. So let take my time here.
U saying in essence dat a man might be corrupt just by staring at a woman praying in front of him....

So a woman cant feel same, just by staring at d man praying in front of her?

As someone above said "immorality begins from the mind. It has no religion"

Im from d north, born ND bred.. I have so many Muslim frnds, male and female. Let me use one girl as an example. Inside d house, she pops codeine, Roche, weed. Infact, just name it. She does all.

But outside, shes a very holy girl, with a hijab and abaya.

I asked her, is dis thing not a sin, and besides she taking all these things would affect her when she's pregnant.

She told me "shes just a Muslim for Muslim sake" and she hates being treated like a slave(thats why she actually rented her own house)...

smoy:
can you imagine yourself as a man standing behind a lady you have lost chemistry for, and this lady is bowing and prostrating with all her figure 8 displaying in your front, you will loose control of the prayer and the concentration shall never be they again. you suppose to focus and committed to your God during worship. Islam is logical even morally.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by sorextee(m): 3:52am On Nov 18, 2017
Don't mind dem. They just don't want to say its gender segregation.. If they are using immorality as an excuse, its safe to say that an average Muslim man is carnaly minded.. I remember in skool, wen I offered IRK. I cant remember d topic(not dat I was even paying attention) the irk teacher was saying that if u see a girl passing, its allowed (in islam) to look once but dont look again..

Dayvhid:
Y'all are confused angry

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by sorextee(m): 3:56am On Nov 18, 2017
You.. grin
We meet again..

If a man’s intentions for praying at the Mosque is truly pure, it shouldn’t matter whether he is praying in front of or behind women. If he finds the women distracting, I think he went there with false intentions.

Rashduct4luv:

First and foremost, in the tradition (Sharee'ah) of Islam, ladies are better off praying at home (Juma'h Inclusive).

And since Islam forbids free mixing of opposite sex and enjoins lowering of gaze, it also makes sense... to avoid temptation!

And Allah knows best.

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by sorextee(m): 4:07am On Nov 18, 2017
E be like say me sef follow u attend dat party too.
I've attended so many in adamawa and borno..
And the things they do there ehn.. smiley
If u think its only christian girls that twerks... Wait till
Hajara and hadiza twerk for u.. grin

And funny enough, why most Hausa muslim girls like we d Christian guys is cos we are more romantic and more enlightened (based on observation and confession from some Muslim ladies) than their Abdulmalik, abdullahi, rabiu, etc.

But they cant marry us cos their religion didnt permit such and their father will kill them. That is why wen u see some of their pre wedding pix(if any) d girl is not looking happy... Cos her heart chooses Henry, Victor, Alex. But her father and religion has already given her out to Abubakar even before she was born.. undecided

Nbote:

Oga U jus goofed... So it is d hugging and mingling dat is d cause of immorality in d "Christian society" So what is d cause of d immorality in d Muslim society

Dis mods and dis their incantation dey wan ppl to make before commenting.

Mr. Man Why do u ppl like being hypocrites ?? U claim d Christian society is more immoral becos dey don't hide behind d hijab?? There worse form of immorality is d one by hypocrites and pretenders. I have no business with how u ppl conduct ur prayer or lives but d moment u begin to try to prove u're beta dan others is where there will b a problem.. I have attend pool parties, private parties and picnics by ur hijab wearing ladies who are worse dan street runs gals but so long as dey wear d hijab U ppl can continue to pretend all is fine... Despite d fact dat ur religion allows u to marry more than one wife, still yet sexual promiscuity is high... I stay in d north, served in d north and grew up in a Muslim predominant society so I know what I'm talking about. Im sure u read d reports on Nairaland here about prostitutes complaining of low patronage during d last Ramadan?

41 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:35am On Nov 18, 2017
sorextee:
You.. grin
We meet again..

If a man’s intentions for praying at the Mosque is truly pure, it shouldn’t matter whether he is praying in front of or behind women. If he finds the women distracting, I think he went there with false intentions.

Islam is different!

Free mixing is shunned severely. Our intention matters as well as our deeds. You can't think about what you do not see. And mind you no one is pure at heart...

The meeting together, mixing, and intermingling of men and women in one place, the crowding of them together, and the revealing and exposure of women to men are prohibited by the Law of Islam (Shari'ah). These acts are prohibited because they are among the causes for fitnah (temptation or trial which implies evil consequences), the arousing of desires, and the committing of indecency and wrongdoing.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by Dollabiz: 9:59am On Nov 24, 2017
I don't.know
Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by MhizzAJ(f): 10:00am On Nov 24, 2017
I don't know why this people like deceiving themselves undecided undecided

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by lat78: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2017
[quote author=martooski post=62464308]What about St. Martin | St Maarten, the immorality is close to non and crime rate very low, its 100% catholic State, there are many others. Truth is immorality has nothing to do with religion it about personal self. The ability for one to guide and direct himself in a way that the law and custom permits.

We must be very careful with this sort of topic.

Another thing is how do you define "immorality"... the word itself has many meanings depending on your culture and tradition. what is immoral in USA might not be in Nigeria. Only our customs can define what immorality is, and custom varies.

Bro, Religion is based on Ethical Universalism and not on the teleological u r trying to relate it with
Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by IPOBrep: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2017
i am a christian and not a muslim. i will never be a muslim or join any religion that forbids me from living the way i joined.

seun you don wacko

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by Ccdavies(m): 10:03am On Nov 24, 2017
smoy:

You have anything to say.. So even when you were legally married to her,you still see her as one condemned container that is worth nothing? Tell us something more reasonable CU's the last I checked no gender is more perfect in nature than the other and you will still go back to meet the woman after the prayers.. Hypocrite of the highest order..

Get it right if you never know that no one holy pass.. Yak aba

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by donkaz2(m): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2017
Hmmm many reply, that’s why I dont like people asking or talking about religio,n they keep creating issue .anyway if u care to know that’s how best Allah wants it to be since its the men that lead the prayer and others follow then the women will be at the back . Moreover it is optional for women to go to the mosque and pray they are free to observe there prayers at home for those that care to know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by slye(m): 10:07am On Nov 24, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

And Allah knows best.

This is just it succinctly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by biomustry: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2017
IPOBrep:
i am a christian and not a muslim. i will never be a muslim or join any religion that forbids me from living the way i joined.

seun you don wacko
IPOB alert
Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by dastranger(m): 10:09am On Nov 24, 2017
Why are some Christians obsessed with the religion of Islam

Live your life and let them live theirs undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by Buharimustgo: 10:17am On Nov 24, 2017
It is non of our business, its their religion and believe, let us respect it,even if we claim they are hypocrite or not

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by Starkid3010(m): 10:18am On Nov 24, 2017
sorextee:
I always swear this Muslim oath every Friday. So let take my time here.
U saying in essence dat a man might be corrupt just by staring at a woman praying in front of him....

So a woman cant feel same, just by staring at d man praying in front of her?

As someone above said "immorality begins from the mind. It has no religion"

Im from d north, born ND bred.. I have so many Muslim frnds, male and female. Let me use one girl as an example. Inside d house, she pops codeine, Roche, weed. Infact, just name it. She does all.

But outside, shes a very holy girl, with a hijab and abaya.

I asked her, is dis thing not a sin, and besides she taking all these things would affect her when she's pregnant.

She told me "shes just a Muslim for Muslim sake" and she hates being treated like a slave(thats why she actually rented her own house)...

out of point!! wat did u mean exactly

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 24, 2017
free ass viewing lol
Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by kingsmaila(m): 10:20am On Nov 24, 2017
Islam does not allowed men and women to mingle together. In Salat, a man (the Imam) leads the prayer(salat) while the followers stand in rows after him the women behind the men's rows. It is not compulsory for the women to attend the congregation Friday salat or any salat.
Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by kingsmaila(m): 10:23am On Nov 24, 2017
Is as simple as answering a man who ask you why you do not sleep in the same bed with your sisters or other females in a room or hostel.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? by sorextee(m): 10:25am On Nov 24, 2017
I know its gonna be out of point to u cos I stated live scenarios.

Starkid3010:
out of point!! wat did u mean exactly

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Canadian Mathematician Tried To Prove Quran False, Ended Up Accepting Islam / Palm Wine In Islam / Multiple Bombings Rock Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.