Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

You Better Learn How To Pray - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Better Learn How To Pray (9120 Views)

21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent / Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by festwiz(m): 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2018
dionysus7:

l.
He was being sarcastic. grin
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by hopefulLandlord: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
dionysus7:

that's the thing with you faith people...you believe anything without evidence and that's why I fear you lots. you don't need evidence to believe anything, you just believe. the only difference between you and a radical Isis terrorist is that Adeboye has not told you to start killing people for God yet, because those terrorists too were not born killers, they were indoctrinated to believe what they believe and seeing that they believe without evidence just like yourself, it's easy to corrupt their minds and thus I'm afraid of your kind, so to answer your question, I've heard it but I don't believe hear say. however what I know based on tests is that you cannot drive your petrol engine car without petrol fuel.

Hahahaha, it was sarcasm
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by orisa37: 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2018
The Lord knows, that is directs, The Ways of The Righteous.
May The Lord always instruct, direct and discern your Actions, Interactions and Movements. IJN AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by adegeye38(m): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2018
lightblazingnow:
To pray isn't religious as some opined, prayers entails the movement of your life and welfare, if you do not know how to pray, it will be difficult for you to end well, it doesn't matter how brightly you started your life. The end of a thing is better than the beginning.

Everyone prays, wether it's a wish,or a desire or a mere words of luck, it's translated into inner self belief, even most people who claim they don't believe in the existence of the Almighty God prays, they actually think things to be better than its with them or the pains, sicknesses, frustration and disappointment they are encountering to go away.

Methods of prayers degenerated into men performing magic and diverse kind of spiritualism crept into the society thereby damaging the concept of spiritual communication between the mortal men and immortal God Almighty.

Prayers are like needing help from your Creator, comfort from your founder, just like every other things would need a repair from the makers. Like your automobiles would cry out or broken loose and down when the parts are no longer in order. All you need to do is fix them together, you may not know the extent to which the damage have been until the craft is taken to the right mechanics.

Same way you may never know how much you are broken loose until the right prayers are offered on your behalf. The reason people are running from church to church is because they never learned how to pray. If from the beginning of their lives, they payed close attention to their teachers who had tried to teach them how to pray, they wouldn't have suffered much as they are suffering today, it pays to hear.

It was because of the so called misconceptions about prayers that the disciples of Christ Jesus asked the master of all to teach them how to pray". That's what you really need to know, it's not how to slay, to surf the web, how to make money or to be successful, because it will give nothing after you have gained the whole world and then lost your soul" . You must be wise in this life not to contradict the vital things and trivial pursuit. Wealth does not make a man, but wisdom will deliver you from death. How do I mean

Proverbs 8:32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O you children: for blessed are they that keep my ways, says the master of all men.

8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. 8:34 Blessed is the man that hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. He has a lot to tell you, just as you daily posts on social media..

8:35 For whoso found me fund life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD. 8:36 But he that's sinning against me is killing his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

That's exactly what I mean, in the eyes of men you may be a very successful man, but in reality you are killing your own soul. Be careful people what you claim to have believed in life.

And so, enough of talk, let us get over with it. Prayers connects you with the solutions that have eluded you, maybe you have been having a dangerous nightmares and you have tried everything you know to stop evil spirits from tormenting you in your dreams, the right kind of prayers will stop those nonsense from happening in your dreams.

Let me say something most of you have heard over and again, but hasn't taken it seriously, if you are a Christian, that means you have believed in your heart that God Almighty raised Christ Jesus His son from death, and that makes your heart right with God Almighty's thought and again you have confessed with your mouth that CHRIST JESUS is the lord of all

Colossians 1:15 CHRIST, who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 1:16 For by CHRIST were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by CHRIST, and for CHRIST:

1:17 And CHRIST is before all things, and by him all things consist. 1:18 And CHRIST is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he, CHRIST might have the preeminence.

1:19 For it pleased the Father God Almighty that in CHRIST should all fulness dwell; 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

1:23 If you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

And so, if you have accepted all these about this man Jesus, then you should not play with his name when you pray. Prayers begin with his name and end in his name. Whatever you have addressed in the name of CHRIST is irrevocable, in other words it can never be overturned. So, in your different churches where you you guys play with CHRIST JESUS name, I marvel, you hear folks chanting in Name Jesus I command you out, I command you out, they could say that a thousand times thinking they will be heard by repeating those words, that's hypocrisy. You really didn't believe His Name has power, you are just saying those things because that is the way you were thought.

But I am telling you today, stop using the name of the lord in vain, that name is authority in heaven and earth, what ever you decreed in that name is done wether you could see it or not.

Your success in prayer is hung up to your revelations of the name Christ Jesus.
Makesure you connect and pray in the spirit thats the only way prayer can b answered, also if u are not spiritual or born again, ur praying is ineffective, base your prayer on the word of God and Thanksgiving

1 Like

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by sistar007(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2018
Binb:
If you want to pray to and worship God in the correct manner you have to become a Muslim. There is no any other way. See the way the following people pray/worship God as recorded in the Bible:

JESUS
" and he went a little farther and fell on his face and prayed,”
(Matthew 26:39)

2) MOSES AND AARON:
"then Moses and Aaron went away from the assaembly to the entrance of the tent and fell on their faces, "
(numbers 20:6)

3) ABRAHAM
"And Abram fell on his face,
(Genesis 17:3)

4) JOSHUA
", and Joshua fell on his face to the earth and did worship, "
(Joshua 5:14)

Nehemiah 8:6

Ezra praised the Lord, the great God; and all the people lifted their hands and responded, “Amen! Amen!” Then they bowed down and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

When you pray does it really matter what you say.

If you want to pray for 2 hours how should you pray, because most people in the bible that prayed longer, the content of their prayer was not written

1 Like

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by romeorailss: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2018
Cindy08:
OK ooo I hear infact na watin I dey do so
Down here

shocked shocked

Ayam a pastor . Shey make I certainly pray for u from behind
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Abcruz(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
Firebomber:

You people always look for problem everywhere.

I guess you are ready to tell use how fell(lie down), face to ground. Take relate to your gymnastic exercise(stand up, bend down, knel down, head touching ground, repeat the process again, and again and again and tada black spot head). Lolz

You people always behave like an educated illiterate when it come to religion. Shame.

The researchers in Harvard university were once like you until they saw the stunning message clearly encoded in the human DNA(the blueprint of life) by God himself.

Professor Howard Storm from university of Michigan was so proud of his knowledge that he considered Christians as fools, until he had a horrible near death experience.

Can a clay say to it's potter; you did not make me?

Accept Jesus today and stop your rebellion for your own good and for the good of the children after you!!!
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by dionysus7: 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Hahahaha, it was sarcasm

lol it flew right over my head...my bad
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Firebomber: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2018
Binb:
Next time learn to engage inl discussion without insults.

Lolz, Insult indeed, i guess you will be ready to show me where i insulted you. Well am not surprise, that's part of muhammed teaching. Mtcheew

Binb:
I have modified my post to include Nehemiah 8:6. It include raising of the hand, bowing down etc

I guess you are not more concern about the prophet any more but go about given me the one for the people of Israel. Lolz
Lolz, i dont know when you people started copying Judaism, because that's what happened in that verse. Lolz. If you like add the book of judge to it, that still dont justify your gymnastic exercise.

Well let check the verse out.

"Nehemiah 8:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 And Ezra blessed the Lord , the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground."

1. The verse says that after he read the book finish all of them stand up, raised there hand up and bow there head, so please how did it correspond to your gymnastic exercise because last i check the verse did not says that they repeat the same process 7 times like you people use to do.

2. Let check the verses before that verse you quoted.

"5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up:"

The verse let us know that.

1. Esra is facing the congregation with some people beside him which you people dont do.

"4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam."

2. The First verse of the chapter let us know that they are there to learn the law of Moses not for worship as you inscribed. They only honor God because his Book was about to be opened and be teach.
So i guess it no more what the prophet did but what people do. Lolz. Well i will be glad if you are going to show me where God command them to worship him like that, or where his prophet worshiped him like that.

Binb:
Those pictures you posted, which church pray like that?

Lolz, does it care about the church that pray like that? Because am only using that picture to show you what those verse you misquote and misinterpret mean.

Lolz, i guess you need to see me when am doing my quiet time(private prayer) because i use to do just like Jesus and all other prophet do when they are having there private prayer too.

So stop justifying your gymnastic exercise with the bible unless you want to show us where God command people to worship him like that in the Bible.

Well your gymnastic exercise is good for the body though.

Peace.

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Firebomber: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2018
Abcruz:

The researchers in Harvard university were once like you until they saw the stunning message clearly encoded in the human DNA(the blueprint of life) by God himself.

Professor Howard Storm from university of Michigan was so proud of his knowledge that he considered Christians as fools, until he had a horrible near death experience.

Can a clay say to it's potter; you did not make me?

Accept Jesus today and stop your rebellion for your own good and for the good of the children after you!!!

Brother am a Christian.

Jesus is Lord.
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Firebomber: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
sistar007:

When you pray does it really matter what you say.

If you want to pray for 2 hours how should you pray, because most people in the bible that prayed longer, the content of their prayer was not written

please dont mind those people jare, they are good in manipulating and claiming something that they have no knowledge about.

You should have ask him to show you where God ask people to pray to him in a gymnastic way.
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by sistar007(m): 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2018
adegeye38:

Makesure you connect and pray in the spirit thats the only way prayer can b answered, also if u are not spiritual or born again, ur praying is ineffective, base your prayer on the word of God and Thanksgiving

have you experienced yourself as a spiritual?
Have you experience the "SPIRITUAL"?
What does it mean to be spiritual?
Does being "SPIRITUAL" and "BORN AGAIN" Mean The same Thing
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by adegeye38(m): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2018
sistar007:

have you experienced yourself as a spiritual?
Have you experience the "SPIRITUAL"?
What does it mean to be spiritual?
Does being "SPIRITUAL" and "BORN AGAIN" Mean The same Thing
staying connected to the holy spirit at all times, dwelling in righteousness and holi ess, praying and meditating in the word
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by sistar007(m): 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
adegeye38:
staying connected to the holy spirit at all times, dwelling in righteousness and holi ess, praying and meditating in the word

how do you stay connected with the Holy Spirit
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by adegeye38(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
sistar007:

how do you stay connected with the Holy Spirit
after you have received the holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, you keep connected by constant fellowship with d holy spirit, by praying in tongues and connecting your mind to him and mediating in the word of God
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2018
@[quote author=Firebomber post=71461481]

I have read your response to my post. When one talks about Christian worship nowadays what readily comes to mind is singing, dancing and clapping which were not done by Jesus or any of the earlier Prophet s of God. Like I posted earlier they worshipped God by prostrating to God .not by singing, dancing and clapping as done by many present day Christias.

Yoo keep blabbing about the fact that Muslims prostrate more than one time while the prophet I quoted prostrated once! So you agree that the mode of worship is similar but your problem is the number?

Vat least you can see the similaritiy. Now do me a favour show me the relationship between how Jesus worshipped and the singing ,dancing and clapping you engaged in
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Firebomber: 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2018
Binb:
I have read your response to my post. When one talks about Christian worship nowadays what readily comes to mind is singing, dancing and clapping which were not done by Jesus or any of the earlier Prophet s of God.

Lolz, so what took you so long to reply my response. Lolz

I guess you forget that the same singing, dancing and clapping is How God ask his people to worship him.

Psalm 149:3 ►
Verse(Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp.

Psalm 47:1 ►
Good News Translation
Clap your hands for joy, all peoples! Praise God with loud songs!

That is how God wanted to be worshiped,

lolz, you said no prophet ever dance to God before

well i guess David is no more a prophet to you lolz.

2 Samuel 6:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the Lord with all his might,
Exodus 15:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 Then Miriam the prophet, Aaron’s sister, took a timbrel in her hand, and all the women followed her, with timbrels and dancing.

Note that Christian didn't dance because those people dance but because God command the man before his heart(David) to tell his people to dance as a means of worship.

And about Jesus singing as a mode of worship. I hope you know that Jesus use to visit the temple to worship?

So how did Jews worship God in the temple because last i check Jews sing song to praise God.

Luke 24:53 New International Version (NIV)
53 And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.

Lolz.

Binb:
Yoo keep blabbing about the fact that Muslims prostrate more than one time while the prophet I quoted prostrated once! So you agree that the mode of worship is similar but your problem is the number?

Lolz, so Muslim use to prostrate?
Lolz, it no more bowdown but prostrate, lolz well everyone is seeing who is bladding here. Because last i check you people dont prostrate or have you people added prostrate to your gymnastic exercise?

Nop i dont agree with the similarity because even some pagan worshipers too alway worship there gods in that way, and last i check Korean tradition too alway honor there dead that way. So the reason why they(israelite) do that suppose to be the matter here not what they do.

Because last i check they do that to honor God before read his word but you people do that to worship your Allah so i guess you fall into the category of pagan. Lolz
Lolz.

Common no one care about the number of time here eventhough that too suppose to be part of the assessment. Lolz.

Binb:
Vat least you can see the similaritiy. Now do me a favour show me the relationship between how Jesus worshipped and the singing ,dancing and clapping you engaged in

well why dont you save yourself some trouble by learning how Jews/Judaism worshiped and compare it with singing clapping that i engage. Lolz

I guess you people dont even know the different between pray and worship self, mtcheew.

And please stop looking for a way to justify your gymnastic exercise with the Bible because it cannot correlate.

Shalom
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2018
By prostration I actually meant Sujud - the act of touching the ground with ones forehrad as done in Muslim prayer. The biblical verses I quoted also said the prophets"fell on their faces' which is similar to the Muslim Sujud. I called it prostration because I don't have any English word for it.

meanwhile, you failed to address the question of whether Jesus ever used singing and dancing to worship God..
At least I showed you that Jesus fell on his face and prayed like Muslims do.
You should show me where it is said that Jesus sang an danced in worship like Christias do.
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by lightblazingnow(m): 10:03am On Sep 25, 2018
Joyful
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by lightblazingnow(m): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2018
Binb:
By prostration I actually meant Sujud - the act of touching the ground with ones forehrad as done in Muslim prayer. The biblical verses I quoted also said the prophets"fell on their faces' which is similar to the Muslim Sujud. I called it prostration because I don't have any English word for it.

meanwhile, you failed to address the question of whether Jesus ever used singing and dancing to worship God..
At least I showed you that Jesus fell on his face and prayed like Muslims do.
You should show me where it is said that Jesus sang an danced in worship like Christias do.

Yes he sang more than anything

(1) (2) (Reply)

Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Atheists Let's Discuss God. / Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.