Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,531 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

3 Worst Possible And 3 Best Possible Group Fixtures For Nigeria At The World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 3 Worst Possible And 3 Best Possible Group Fixtures For Nigeria At The World Cup (761 Views)

2018 World Cup: Fixtures For Quarter Final / World Cup 2018: Fixtures For Knockout Games And Kick-off Times / Full Match Fixtures For 2018 Russia World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Worst Possible And 3 Best Possible Group Fixtures For Nigeria At The World Cup by Caspian22(m): 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2017
The World Cup group seedings are out and unfortunately Nigeria are in pot 4. This means that the Super Eagles don’t get to meet any ‘very easy’ team. And this also means Nigeria have higher possibilities of meeting the tough teams.
But considering they good showing at the CAF World Cup qualifiers and recent mauling of Argentina in a friendly, there is hope for propitious World Cup campaign.

After taking a critical look at the pot seedings I crafted the 3 worst possible group fixtures the Super Eagles could get a d the 3 best group fixtures for them.

Here are the group seedings in case you haven’t seen them:

Pot 1: Russia, Germany, Brazil, Portugal,
Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France

Pot 2: Spain, Peru, Switzerland, England,
Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, Croatia

Pot 3: Denmark, Iceland, Costa Rica, Sweden,
Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Iran

Pot 4: Serbia, Nigeria, Australia, Japan, Morocco,
Panama, South Korea, Saudi Arabia

WORST POSSIBLE GROUP I

Germany
Spain
Costa Rica
Nigeria

Nobody wants to face Germany in the group stages, I’m sure of that. Spain is going to be a tough but to crack for Nigeria. A group like this could send us home after 3 matches.

WORST POSSIBLE GROUP II

Brazil
England
Denmark
Nigeria

Brazil and England are good teams with excellent players. If we are placed in a group like this it will be enormously difficult to qualify. Denmark have shown that they are not to be joked with after thrashing Ireland away. Remember what they did to Nigeria in 1998.

WORST POSSIBLE GROUP III

France
Colombia
Iceland
Nigeria

France has the most in form players going to the World Cup. Colombia are experienced and deadly too. Iceland are like dark horses

BEST POSSIBLE GROUP I

Russia
Peru
Iran
Nigeria

I’m pretty sure every coach is praying that Russia is the team given to them from pot 1.
If you are placed in a group like this, we would qualify top of the group.

BEST POSSIBLE GROUP II

Poland
Mexico
Costa Rica
Nigeria

Poland is also another country anyone would like from pot 1. But they are not east at all. Mexico and Costa Rica are pretty decent teams, but Nigeria has a better chance of qualifying from group like this.

[b]BEST POSSIBLE GROUP I[/b]II

Argentina
Switzerland
Sweden
Nigeria

Yes we just defeated Argentina in a friendly, it is possible we could do it again (or get a draw). Switzerland and Sweden are strong European sides, but Nigeria stands a good chance if qualifying if placed with them.

Now they are over 100 possible group fixtures that Nigeria could end up in. I just picked the 3 worst case scenarios and 3 best case scenarios.
However, am sure that we can qualify from any group if we play with determination and get things right.

Which are the best and worst possible group fixtures you think we might get? Comment below!

SOURCE: https://www.yoursoccerblog.com/3-worst-possible-3-best-possible-group-fixtures-nigeria-world-cup/

Robosky02 Lalasticlala Semid4lyfe please move to the home page.
Re: 3 Worst Possible And 3 Best Possible Group Fixtures For Nigeria At The World Cup by PenlsCaP: 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2017
Na gbege ooh
Re: 3 Worst Possible And 3 Best Possible Group Fixtures For Nigeria At The World Cup by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
Every group up there seem to be worse scenario.. Nigeria in the World Cup is just like Crystal palace in epl. Every team is tough mehn
Re: 3 Worst Possible And 3 Best Possible Group Fixtures For Nigeria At The World Cup by elyte89: 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
Dt 3rd best possible happens to b d worst for me grin

(1) (Reply)

Emmanuel Eboue Receive Lifeline From Galatasaray / Official Fixtures And Dates Of World Cup 2018 Russia / Ex-spain Coach: Now Mikel Wants Sportsmanship From Croatia to qualify

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.