Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia (2290 Views)

Igbo Professor Produced Antivirt, Anti Viral Drug Cure Aids In Just 2 Months / Nano Silver Can Cure Ebola – Manufacturer / Who Knows What Can Cure Staph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 3:32am On Feb 23, 2007
BANJUL, Gambia - From the pockets of his billowing white robe, Gambia’s president pulls out a plastic container, closes his eyes in prayer and rubs a green herbal paste onto the rib cage of the patient — a concoction he claims is a cure for AIDS.

He then orders the thin man to swallow a bitter yellow drink, followed by two bananas.

“Whatever you do, there are bound to be skeptics, but I can tell you my method is foolproof,” President Yahya Jammeh told an Associated Press reporter, surrounded by bodyguards in his presidential compound. “Mine is not an argument, mine is a proof. It’s a declaration. I can cure AIDS and I will.”

NINITOFIVE SAYS,
if the west are not interested in verifying but more interested in discrediting this claim, then they might as well be afraid that this could be true,
the businesses of the multinational companies might be at the brink of going down the drain, please be constructive in your replies, thank you in advance.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by EastnEuSis(f): 12:47am On Feb 26, 2007
I strongly believe that this cure should be tested and be given a chance since there are already proves that some of the patents were actually cured of AIDS, while the health of the rest are improving .
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 1:00am On Feb 26, 2007
I think this link [url]http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/thread.aspx?ThreadID=207444&BoardsParam=Page%3D7[/url] would really give people some insight about how some westerners are very angry about this development, I think is case of the right thing from a wrong source supposedly.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by mrmayor(m): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2007

Sorry I'm not popping the champagne bottle in celebration.The title of the thread says it all, You don't believe His Excellency or at best you are a Skeptic.I would be the happiest man in the world to hear there is a cure for Aids,last year I was in tears when I heard about a friend who died from Aids/HIV.

I have heard it all from TB Joshua,Oyakilome and a host of other men of God who all claim that he have actually cured Aids,Nigerian newspapers is littered with adverts from people claiming to cure aids and yet we know that the epidemic spreads.

BTW,why do you need the West to validate Mr President's claim,don't we have good doctors in Africa to bear witness to his claim?
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by toshmann(m): 10:50pm On Feb 27, 2007
there are procedures to follow in the medical profession. the medical profession (believe it or leave it) is a humanitarian profession. it is sacrosanct. if something is discovered by someone, he owes it to humanity to "teach" other doctors so that more people could be involed in the healing of humanity. teaching others begins with convincing them that it works.
he has to convince the world that he has the cure, then he will take the credit and earn some contracts too(which the medical/pharmarcy field accepts). he's got to do this and then have it published in a medical journal-even if the medical journal is in guinea. that's just the way and it has nothing to do with racism

@east,
u sure there is proof he had healed some people? b/c i know if he has, the world will know, even without him announcing it.trust me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2007
please read this guys and make up your mind, infact is a must read.

[size=13pt]Gambian president's speech about his "cure" for AIDS (plans to share with Fidel)
Gambian Daily Observer ^ | 1-18-07 | Yahya Jammeh

Posted on 02/06/2007 11:42:14 AM PST by lqclamar

Speech of President Yahya Jammeh of Gambia to the Gambian Congress, January 18, 2007

“I call you to this meeting and maybe you will wonder why I called you including the two Ambassadors from Cuba and Taiwan. I called the two Ambassadors and of course Rose Clair Charles because you have a direct link with the health delivery system of this country. You know that Cuba is a key partner in our health sector and Taiwan is the force behind the Medical Team in The Gambia. This is a follow up to what I said on GRTS that I will now fully participate in the treatment of certain critical cases.

Since 1994, there are many Gambians who know what I can do. A lot of people have been treated in silence or under conditions of strict confidentiality .One would wonder why I start giving medicine to the public and all of a sudden stop. I have been having a lot of queries about that even after we went to the RVTH on Saturday. People were saying, “Well, the President. This is what he does. He will introduce very effective medicines and all of a sudden it will die down and we will not have access to him.”

I had to work on instructions. I don’t have the mandate to do it publicly in great numbers. I was only restricted to a small number so as to be able to prove to people that what I say is what I can do before I have the permission to do it publicly.

I am not speculating on my medicine. There are living witnesses to what my medicine can do. As far as I am concerned it takes only five minutes to cure asthma. I have other medicinal herbs that can take care of a number of illnesses. One of it was the one that was sold publicly at the July 22 Square and the Serrekunda Police Station. But of course, it has to stop at a point because I don’t have the mandate to go beyond that. I now have the mandate to cure people publicly under strict conditions that I have to abide by otherwise I pay the price.

Now I have the mandate to publicly treat all the diseases on condition that the patient will be treated publicly. In fact, the first and the most important condition is that the person must be diagnosed by a medical practitioner or a medical institution. I am not authorised to treat anybody who just feels sick without a doctor’s confirmation. I can treat asthma and HIV/Aids and the cure is a day’s treatment. Within three days the person should be tested again and I can tell you that he/she will be negative. After the treatment, they have to go to the RVTH for a test again. As I said, I will not treat anybody who is not diagnosed as asthmatic or a HIV/Aids patient by a doctor. I don’t want to give my medicine to a wrong person.” So the reason why I called you is that I have to work with a team of doctors that I can trust. Doctors who will not sabotage my treatment. That does not in anyway mean that I will give them the medicine. These doctors would make sure that the patients abide by the instructions. If I give you the medicine with instructions on how to go about it and you go and do something contrary to that and you turn out to be positive ,don’t blame me. I will not give you names but it is true. It is not a treatment that I speculate on. I am not doing it for money or popularity. The mandate I have is that HIV/Aids cases can be treated on Thursdays. That is the good news and the bad news is that I cannot treat more than ten patients every Thursday. There is nothing I can do about it and if I go beyond that I will have to pay the price.

For asthma, I have to choose between Saturday and Friday. I am also not authorised to treat more than 100 people. I am also not authorised to treat anybody who does not produce a diagnostic paper of asthma or HIV/Aids. One will asked what the Cuban and Taiwanese ambassadors are doing here. The aim is to share the treatment with them because in Taiwan traditional medicine are used. The asthma medicine can be mass produced and packaged and exported to them. The one on HIV/Aids cannot be mass produced because I am restricted to ten patients only on every Thursday and I cannot go beyond that. I want to have a team of three doctors for asthma and HIV/Aids. I want you to select ten HIV/Aids patients: five males and five females for Thursday.

The conditions should be explained to them before they come because if any of them backs out, you cannot replace the one that has backed out. They can eat before coming but they should not eat anything that is oily. The medicine will be given to them in the morning as a preliminary and after, they can eat and in the evening they take it again. Once that is done, they cannot eat anything else the following morning. They may be hungry and thirsty but they have to bear it and that is why they need a doctor to monitor them. Once they have taken the medicine, they should not eat anything no matter what happens till the following day.

Now with regards to asthma treatment, that is the easiest part. When they are coming for treatment in the morning, they should not eat anything that has pepper or seafood when they take the medicine, for four hours they should not eat anything. After that they can eat anything except something that contains oil or seafood. We want to see how we can work with the RVTH to see where these people can be kept until the following morning.With regards to asthma treatment, there is no need to keep them. They can go for six months, without taking anything that is alcoholic. With regards to HIV/Aids, they should be kept at a place that has adequate toilets facilities because they can be going to toilet every five minutes. Anybody who says he will not be treated publicly should stay away because I have to fulfill the conditions and I will not take risks for anybody.

I am not a witch doctor and in fact you cannot have a witch doctor. You are either a witch or a doctor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/size]
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by Drusilla(f): 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2007

This just sounds too strange to me. Doesn't make it right or wrong but it does mean that I would not trust it for myself.

Who exactly is he praying too?

Generally when I hear all these strange things like only on thursdays or only 10 and I won't give up the medicine. I think: Demonic activity.

I would want to be sure about exactly what is going on spiritually when the president "lay's hands on me" to cure me.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by mrmayor(m): 12:11am On Feb 28, 2007
Afrocentric Drusilla, suspicious of an African cure for Aids?  shocked shocked shocked .Doesn't want an African President to lay his hands on her because it could be demonic  shocked. nah wah oo
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:15am On Feb 28, 2007
Drusilla:

This just sounds too strange to me. Doesn't make it right or wrong but it does mean that I would not trust it for myself.

Who exactly is he praying too?

Generally when I hear all these strange things like only on thursdays or only 10 and I won't give up the medicine. I think: Demonic activity.

I would want to be sure about exactly what is going on spiritually when the president "lay's hands on me" to cure me.

Before I used to think that anybody that is not a Christian would go to hell but am not that naive any more, I 've seen too much around the world, there is a need to keep an open mind and treat things the way they come, what has his religion got to do with his treatment, we know that his statements may be stemmed from that fact that a lot of African's are superstitious, please define what you mean by demon, are we talking about a brainwashed mind?.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by Drusilla(f): 12:19am On Feb 28, 2007
Afrocentric Drusilla, suspicious of an African cure for Aids? .Doesn't want an African President to lay his hands on her because it could be demonic . nah wah oo

mrmayor,

Ya paint me one way and then act surprised when I do not match up to your painting. Smile.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:19am On Feb 28, 2007
mrmayor:

Afrocentric Drusilla, suspicious of an African cure for Aids?  shocked shocked shocked .Doesn't want an African President to lay his hands on her because it could be demonic  shocked. nah wah oo

Thank you, how does it happen that an African thing is straight away demonic to her,  wonders shall never end, and I cant hide my disappointment.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by Drusilla(f): 12:35am On Feb 28, 2007
Before I used to think that anybody that is not a Christian would go to hell but am not that naive any more, I 've seen too much around the world, there is a need to keep an open mind and treat things the way they come, what has his religion got to do with his treatment, we know that his statements may be stemmed from that fact that a lot of African's are superstitious, please define what you mean by demon, are talking about a brainwashed mind?.

The article you posted says this:

From the pockets of his billowing white robe, Gambia’s president pulls out a plastic container, closes his eyes in prayer and rubs a green herbal paste onto the rib cage of the patient — a concoction he claims is a cure for AIDS.

His religion is a part of the treatment. So quite naturally it will be questioned. I'm not with this idea of just trust him, no tests, no medicines, no questions should be asked, etc. Prayer is an sacred act to me. I want to know exactly who someone is praying to for me.

It doesn't have anything to do with them, it is my RELIGION that dictates what I allow over my being in the spiritual realm.

I meant this by the word demon:  higher spiritual beings who are evil.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:48am On Feb 28, 2007

Define how this statement above can be used to describe the one below, what are your criteria rather than being brainwashed, no offense please but this is the way I see it, you go and tell the Indians or the Chinese that their way of worshiping is demonic and hear what they would tell you,

From the pockets of his billowing white robe, Gambia’s president pulls out a plastic container, closes his eyes in prayer and rubs a green herbal paste onto the rib cage of the patient — a concoction he claims is a cure for AIDS.

Is really good not to be narrow minded in some issues.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by toshmann(m): 1:06am On Feb 28, 2007
the presidents methods are unacceptable. to be open minded, he may be right. who knows? it's not impossible. but his method is medically unacceptable. of course he can still practice in his ways after all herbal healers still operate in nigeria. . . . . but we all know how successful they have been- very unsuccessful.

9-2-5, will you in all honesty tell me that u will recommend of ur loved ones to this guy[b](please please please no offense intended here, i'm not trying to say ur loved ones have AIDS. i'm just creating a hypothetical scenario to test how much u trust the president)[/b]

i dont think so
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by Drusilla(f): 1:23am On Feb 28, 2007

Define how this statement above describes the one below, what are your criteria rather than being brainwashed, no offense please but this is the way I see it, you go and tell the Indians or the Chinese that their way of worshiping is demonic and hear what they would tell you,

It was this statement that made me think this might be demonic:

The mandate I have is that HIV/Aids cases can be treated on Thursdays. That is the good news and the bad news is that I cannot treat more than ten patients every Thursday. There is nothing I can do about it and if I go beyond that I will have to pay the price.

For asthma, I have to choose between Saturday and Friday. I am also not authorised to treat more than 100 people. I am also not authorised to treat anybody who does not produce a diagnostic paper of asthma or HIV/Aids. One will asked what the Cuban and Taiwanese ambassadors are doing here. The aim is to share the treatment with them because in Taiwan traditional medicine are used. The asthma medicine can be mass produced and packaged and exported to them. The one on HIV/Aids cannot be mass produced because I am restricted to ten patients only on every Thursday and I cannot go beyond that. I want to have a team of three doctors for asthma and HIV/Aids. I want you to select ten HIV/Aids patients: five males and five females for Thursday.

One of the things I have learned to watch for when it comes to noticing spiritual activities, is strange rituals and instructions. Once I see this, it becomes real important for me to understand who is being prayed too.

Is really good not to be narrow minded in some issues.

Yeah I agree but I just believe that my health and spirit are one of those areas, one should be narrowminded in.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 2:16am On Feb 28, 2007
The mandate I have is that HIV/Aids cases can be treated on Thursdays. That is the good news and the bad news is that I cannot treat more than ten patients every Thursday. There is nothing I can do about it and if I go beyond that I will have to pay the price.

you still have not shown me what you termed as demonic here, listen Drussilla am a Christian, Lebanon is the only Arab country that has a large Christian comunity, but do you know that the Lebanese Christians are mostly assholes, but the Moslem's would tend to treat you better, learn to respect other peoples religion, what you don't know, you should not say.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by Drusilla(f): 8:49am On Feb 28, 2007

I don't have to go all the way to Lebanon to find out about Christians being worsem (EB). I live in America.

For demonic activity involving prayer, I can just stop at my local christian church, where they will pray to satan. They have this thing they do, where they start praying by bowing their heads and their talking to God, then at some point they weirdly include talking to Satan in the middle of prayer. Telling satan to keep his hands off sister so and so.

It is so offensive to me. I can not participate in those prayers with my so called fellow christians. I am not holding Africans to any higher standard than I hold for these Christians and their prayers around me.

My wackiness towards others religion may be "narrowminded" but it is fairly distributed.  cheesy
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by mrmayor(m): 11:11am On Feb 28, 2007
DRUSILLA,

You really do crack me sometimes grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy I'm curious how do they pray to Satan;how did you know they where praying to Satan?They, members at your local church could be filled with the spirit and speaking in tongues and praying to Jesus.!
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 1:35am On Mar 01, 2007
To Drusilla,

Drusilla:

I don't have to go all the way to Lebanon to find out about Christians being worsem (EB). I live in America.

Those ass hole Christians in Lebanon were actually trying to be like the west, they think that being Christian is having half naked women in the beach, having prostitutes in their towns and saying racists jargons to people, and this is complete oppsite of the Moslem side which does not have any of the above and would greet every time and say ''do you need something'', you need to really move out, you would learn a lot.

My wackiness towards others religion may be "narrowminded" but it is fairly distributed. cheesy

You don't need to worry I was like that before, but I think I know better now, is always good not to see things from a tinted glasses.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by Drusilla(f): 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2007
DRUSILLA,

You really do crack me sometimes I'm curious how do they pray to Satan;how did you know they where praying to Satan?They, members at your local church could be filled with the spirit and speaking in tongues and praying to Jesus.!

mrmayor,

Good. Smile. They actually state who they are talking too during prayer.

They say: satan --- whatever--.

I'd wouldn't trust a spirit coming out of you -- that calls on "satan" when in the middle of prayer.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by Drusilla(f): 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2007

God has specifically went out of His way to show me the beauty in all religions and to show me the evil equally there too.

I am just more comfortable with my evil at this point, than I am with others evil.

God will fix me. Praise Him.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by mukina2: 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2007
@ninetofive

he started with 7 patients and for the first ten days .there was marked improvement .
this sessions are aired live on national television

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-38011.0.html

he himself stays up at night to perpare his medicines and he supervices  the boiling of them .
when he first started there where so many skeptics  .
now there are so many people going out to get this aids treatment .
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by toshmann(m): 8:04pm On Mar 01, 2007
muky,
normally i tell people not to completely believe what they see on tv. i really dont know how to emphasize further about govt tv and something that has to do with the president. while i'm yet to believe him, i still state that we should be open minded--->u never know. but the president has to do more to convince the world than national tv shows.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by mukina2: 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2007
toshmann
how i wish you could have been here to see those people on tv .
to tell you the truth i was very skeptical about it
but when i saw what he did for 10 days .i changed my mind .
he treats them live .no body else touches them but him
and there was improvements .

so many international media has been swarming the place lately
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2007
Drusilla:

I am just more comfortable with my evil at this point, than I am with others evil.

Typical of classical American line of reasoning.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2007
mukina2,

mukina2:

@ninetofive

he started with 7 patients and for the first ten days .there was marked improvement .
this sessions are aired live on national television

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-38011.0.html

he himself stays up at night to perpare his medicines and he supervices the boiling of them .
when he first started there where so many skeptics .
now there are so many people going out to get this aids treatment .

seems is more like reality TV kind of, sounds kind of credible, the guy is not asking for money afterall.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by toshmann(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2007
mukina2:

toshmann
how i wish you could have been here to see those people on tv .
to tell you the truth i was very skeptical about it
but when i saw what he did for 10 days .i changed my mind .
he treats them live .no body else touches them but him
and there was improvements .

so many international media has been swarming the place lately

we are watching. but i've seen bigger stuff. i've watched televangelists perform "miracles" on tv, and in real life but at the end it was discovered that. . . . . . . . . . . lipsrsealed.  while it is not impossible for the cure to come from africa, i'll still remain skeptical until i'm sure. for now, i remain skeptical. the president has not done enough for me not to be skeptical.
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by mukina2: 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2007
he's not asking for money . .
he's really determined
the patients are really showing signs of improvement.
to ensure that people do not call him fake .he had their test results after the first 10 days taken to Dakar .
he's a real African and does things in an African way

Tosh .
i will try to get pics of the patients before the treatment and now . .
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by sisimose(f): 1:05am On Mar 03, 2007
if it is true then good, too many people are dying, don't care , just get healing all those dying brothers and sisters ASAP
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 03, 2007
@ mukina2
Is this really true that he "cures" aids?
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:42am On Mar 04, 2007
27 HIV/AIDS infected persons have been registered to be treated by the President of the Republic, Dr Yahya Jammeh following the successful cure of nine infected persons, in barely three weeks. The treatment will commence this week and will be administered in three batches of nine patients per batch.
A press release from the Department of State for Health and Social Welfare requests the registered patients to report to the Department at Quadrangle in Banjul on Tuesday February 13, at 9.00 am. Readers would recall that the clinical condition of the first nine HIV/Aids infected persons have “improved significantly”, according to their viral loads results.

These tests which were carried out by the respectable Professor Soulaymane Mboup, Head of the Bacteriology - Virology Laboratory of the University Teaching Hospital (UTH), A Le Dentec in Dakar, Senegal.The lab tests were supervised by Professor Coumba Toure Kane, Head of the Molecular Biology Unit of the UTH.

The conclusions for patients with HIV2 are as follows:
Adama Manneh - HIV virus undetectable
Fatou Fadera - HIV Virus undetectable
Fatou Kaw - HIV virus undetectable
Dado Jawo - Low viral load

For patients with HIV1, the lab results show the following:
Jonkong Jajure - High viral load
Jainaba Sey - Moderate viral load
Lamin Ceesay - Very High viral load
Ousma Sowe - Viral bad less than detectable level.

These tests conducted by a reputable institution like the University Cheikh Anta Diop, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, are enough proofs that indeed the herbal medicine and therapy administered by President Jammeh have yielded results beyond all reasonable doubts, that they are effective and can cure AIDS.

These lab tests show that for patients with HIV2, the virus was no longer detectable. This is a scientific proof that President Jammeh's claim is true and have been verified to be true through the most rigorous scientific test namely a lab in a medical school.

http://www.statehouse.gm/hiv-treatmnt-reg_120207.htm
Re: I Can Cure Aids Says President Of Gambia by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:49am On Mar 04, 2007
27 out of 37 registered HIV/AIDS patients have been shortlisted to benefit from President Dr Alhaji Yahya Jammeh's herbal treatment of the virus.

The 27 patients yesterday, 10 male and 17 female, had voluntary counselling and testing at the Serrekunda Hospital and later these second batch of patients are expected to receive their treatment within a week.

Dr Tamsir Mbowe, Secretary of State for Health and Social Welfare in an interview with the reporters soon after the counselling and testing process expressed delight with the patients for their positive turn out.

So far what I have seen is very impressive and the patients have responded very positively and we have clearly explained to them about the treatment procedures. They have accepted and have signed the Consent Form. About six different blood samples have been taken for the blood counts and their viral load.

The patients will also undergo chest X-ray to make sure that all necessary medical examinations are done before the start of treatment. We also collected urine samples from the patients.

This is to make sure that we get a full history and detailed laboratory investigation of the patients before the start of the treatment. But as we progress, we will also be taking samples to inform the whole world of the success of the treatment”, he said.

Dr Mbowe described the treatment as “transparent” which shows the whole world that President Jammeh has the ability, capability, power and herbal medications to treat patients with HIV/AIDS.

SoS Mbowe urged the already treated nine persons to encourage their partners to come forward and to undergo the treatment inorder to avoid re-infection.

http://www.statehouse.gm/hiv-treatmnt2_140207.htm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strange But True Facts / Women, Is This True? / Is It Safe To Kiss A Dog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.