Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

"If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) (50682 Views)

Is Nnamdi Kanu Preparing For War? See The Armored Tank He Poses With .PHOTOS / What I Expect Nigerian Workers Would Say About Tha Minimum Wage – Saraki / Ndigbo Shouldn't Abandon Nnamdi Kanu, They Will Surely Need Him After 16th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by laribari(m): 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
Igboid:

You just typed another incoherent verbose post.

You still don't get it. People don't get protratated to in Igboland because they are kings or because they are elders.
They get prostrated to on rare occasions on account of appreciation for a favour done.
Kanu gets prostrated to by his followers because they believe he did them a great favour becoming their spokesman and taking upon himself the dangers being their vocal representative.

Kings are only important in their domain. Yoruba kings will command no respect from the average Igbo man from the street. But Kanu would.
Kings are being bowed to by their subjects because they respect them.
If I meet Ife king I wouldn't bow to him, as I don't consider him god or to have done anything for me to warrant bowing down to him. Bowing down in Igbo culture is related to appreciation for a favour done, not on nonsensical god status or divine coronation or chronological age attainment .

A people or group reserve the right to chose who to give their respect to based on criteria that suits them.

You reserve to prostate to mere mortals based on nonsensical belief of god status and divine coronation, another decided to prostrate to another man in appreciation for a perceived favor rendered.

In a rational world where people use their brains, this shouldn't be an issue for discussion, but it's arising here because of lack of common sense amongst many.

The picture isn't about Igbo, yet you were already talking trash about Igbo leaders and comparing Igboland with Calabar and the rest . Are Igbo leaders Biafra supporters as well? You see how unreasonable you sound?

You deceive no one but yourself.

And your points are still invalid

1. Politically Kanu can be prostrated to, and if he steps out today, thousands, if not Millions of his supporters would still prostrate for him, because he commands their respect, and they won't prostrate to your Oni, Oba, Enogie or as the case might be, because they are persona non gratas to them.

2. Culturally Kanu can be prostrated to, by those whose respect he commands, those who feel indebted to him for choosing the uneasy task of being their spokesperson.

I didn't read your nonsense! My point is made and it's obvious you don't even know anything about your people. Abeg bounce.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night / Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.