Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,005 members, 7,799,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" (31182 Views)

Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by edunwablog: 5:03am On Nov 18, 2017

• Releases N500m counterpart funding to access N2bn facility

The Governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has called on Ijaws of Edo State, not to take the State Government’s tolerance for granted.

This is as he has approved N500 million counterpart funding for the state’s SEEFOR public works programme, which will enable it access N2bn from the World Bank for infrastructural projects in the state
Obaseki who made the call in commemoration of the International Day for Tolerance, marked on November 16, each year, said the state government’s commitment to a free society where people could express themselves freely, must not be taken as grounds for violating the law.

“We are creating a culture that appreciates human diversity in all its colours for a robust pool of ideas that would drive socio-economic development at an unprecedented speed in Edo State,” he said.
“To oppose what is cast in law by acts of illegality such as the purported installation of one Godwin Oguyenbo, as the “Pere of Olodiama Kingdom,” an Ijaw community in Ovia North East Local Council Area of the state, is irresponsible enough” he stressed.

The governor urged the few people behind the plot to beat a retreat in the interest of the majority of Ijaw people of Edo State, who had since expressed their willingness to abide by only, laid down laws in the state.
“We are proud of our diversity as a state and our peaceful coexistence, but will not tolerate acts of illegality by any group, who for their selfish desires want to rail-road the peace-loving Ijaw people of Edo State into a criminal aspiration,” he warned, adding that the state government would continue to protect all law abiding indigenes and friends of the state.

The International Day for Tolerance was set aside by the United Nations in its efforts at strengthening tolerance by fostering mutual understanding among cultures and peoples. “This imperative lies at the core of the United Nations Charter, as well as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and is more important than ever in this era of rising and violent extremism and widening conflicts that are characterised by a fundamental disregard for human life,” the UN said.

The release of the counterpart funding was disclosed by Commissioner for Communication and Orientation, Hon. Paul Ohonbamu after weekly Executive Council meeting at the Government House, in Benin City.
He said Governor approved the release of N500 million as counterpart funding for the Edo State SEEFOR public works programme, adding “The sum released by the state government is to enable her access another N2 billion from the World Bank for the funding of infrastructure projects across the state.”

He noted that the projects would spread across the 18 Local Government Areas of the state, stressing that the fund would be equally distributed to impact all parts of the state.

He added that over 10,000 youths had been trained on the SEEFOR projects, noting that the initiative would train technically sound workers as well as entrepreneurs, who will contribute to the development of the state.
The government also set up a committee to look into complaints about the activities of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) across the 18 local government areas with a view to resolving them.
The committee is to be headed by the Commissioner for Infrastructure, Hon. Osahon Amiolemen.

Ohonbamu said EXCO has also approved the appointment of Chief Allen Benson Odiko as village head of Akpama (Oiemire 1 of Uneme Akpama) in North Uneme clan, Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State.

He said the EXCO reviewed the recent Alaghodaro Investment summit hosted by the state, commending residents for supporting the state in its drive to industrialise the state. According to him, “It is fulfilling to see that the planned development of the Benin Industrial Park has kicked-off with the groundbreaking done during the summit.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/11/18/dont-take-my-tolerance-for-granted-obaseki-warns-ijaws/

1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Bari22: 5:54am On Nov 18, 2017
ijaw and trouble

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by opuambe(m): 6:52am On Nov 18, 2017
[quote author=Bari22 post=62480334]ijaw and trouble. No person born of a woman can oppress the ijaws, not even that beans face called Obaseki

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by omogin(f): 7:05am On Nov 18, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy those marauding ijaws will be so dealt with, they will forget their ancestry

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by globemoney: 7:07am On Nov 18, 2017
WE SS

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by mychiveous(f): 7:18am On Nov 18, 2017
You can't wake up one morning and then decide to crown a king out of thin air it's not done anywhere. The urhobo community in ovia north east should also crown their own king since they've been there dating back to 5 generation.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by OAUTemitayo: 7:18am On Nov 18, 2017
Benin people,
You can count on we Yorubas anytime.
Let Ijaws keep deceiving them selves.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by PapaBrowne(m): 7:26am On Nov 18, 2017
opuambe:
ijaw and trouble. No person born of a woman can oppress the ijaws, not even that beans face called Obaseki

Nobody is interested in oppressing any law abiding Ijaws in Edo State. Ijaws are a part and parcel of Edo State and have been from time immemorial. But any criminals coming from far away States to derail the seaport project would be dealt with severely.

Why would a people be so backward. It's just terrible. If anything good wants to be built, political Ijaws would just want to disrupt it. That's how the Oil and Gas free zone which was to be built in Escravos was derailed because of the stupid argument that they chose to have with itsekiri. Now Jonathan left and the project that would have created thousands upon thousands of jobs has been abandoned.
The Brass LNG project also has been abandoned. Not a single project in anywhere Ijaws dominate because the Ijaw elite are selfish and are fine with depriving the ijaw populace of development . Bayelsa with all its allocation is probably the worst state in the South. It appears like the political Ijaw are the Northern elite of Southern Nigeria.

NB
Most Ijaws I know personally are some of the most wonderful personalities you would come across. And I know a lot. My reference to Ijaws here is to the political elite that forment trouble @ every opportunity for development. Like every tribe there is the loudest mouths that stereotypically represent the crowd. Like Edo women have the stereotypical image of Italian prostitution.

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by PapaBrowne(m): 7:28am On Nov 18, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Benin people,

Errrm no. We cannot count on you. We fix ish ourselves. We've been doing it for centuries.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by mrvitalis(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Nobody is interested in oppressing any law abiding Ijaws in Edo State. But any criminals coming from far away Ijaw land to derail the seaport project would be dealt with severely.

Why would a people be so backward. It's just terrible. If anything good wants to be built, Ijaws would just want to disrupt it. That's how the Oil and Gas free zone which was to be built in Escravos was derailed because of the stupid argument that Ijaws chose to have with itsekiri. Now Jonathan left and the project that would have created thousands upon thousands of jobs has been abandoned.
The Brass LNG project also has been abandoned. Not a single project in anywhere Ijaws exist. Bayelsa with all its allocation is probably the worst state in the South. It appears like the Ijaws are the Northerners of Southern Nigeria.

There is no sugar coating it ijews and fulanis are the problem with Nigeria

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by obonujoker(m): 7:49am On Nov 18, 2017
Honestly it would be better if this country is divided....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 8:03am On Nov 18, 2017
I am no much fan of History, but I learnt from historical facts that the Ijaws settled in the present day Edo State before any other tribe and was ousted out later by one of the historical tribe that made up the present yoruba with a quest to enlarge their empire.. after a failed attempt at first. the Ijaws were forced out, that's why you find the ijaws in Delta. rivers and bayelsa and e.t.c (still within the Niger Delta) becux they were scattered due to the war.. and I think the Ijaws in present day Edo state were the few lucky ones not to be affected by the war or were the ones that later came back to settle after the war.. because. I know for a fact what Gelegele means in my native dialects, even my kiddo that grew up North knows the meaning of that word.. if it weren't for bad politics rocking the Nigerian atmosphere. The Ijaws would have been revered as one of the outstanding tribes to maintain their ancient culture and tradition till dates.. an average Ijaw man has to fight everyday to protect what it has because mother nature has installed him with all the enviable qualities other tribes would kill for....

https://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost?id=2971192%3ABlogPost%3A4834

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by twilliamx(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2017
We
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Syphonn(m): 8:06am On Nov 18, 2017
Texas motorist arrested for pasting FU+CK TRUMP on vehicle

A Texas motorist has drawn attention to the anti-Donald Trump sticker on his car that expresses his feelings towards the current president of the United States.

It says: “Fu+ck Trump and fu+ck you for voting for him.

READ MORE
http://www.busygisting.com/texas-police-hunt-and-arrest-driver-with-huge-f-trump-sticker-on-car/
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by greatface(m): 8:07am On Nov 18, 2017
Why is it that no tribe lives peacefully with the other in Nigeria?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Bossontop(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2017
cheesy grin
Dem no get respeck...reminds me ov a particular governor
Hehehe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by freeman95(m): 8:09am On Nov 18, 2017
Rubbish

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2017
Fear don dey catch Obaseki, try any rubbish, and meet a situation uglier than your face

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nduchucks: 8:12am On Nov 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

It appears like the Ijaws are the Northerners of Southern Nigeria.

So you are still living with tribalism and racist ideologies in this day and age. smh

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by buskie13(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2017
when I hear of militants,the only tribe that comes to mind is ijaw,they're never peaceful, at least 80% of ijaws are rascals,the governor should deal with any mofo who tries to disobey the law,Bayelsa state is no longer enough that they spread from Edo,Ondo to even some parts of Lagos to cause trouble

12 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Thermodynamics(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2017
Why all these over populated tribes for Nigeria de feel superior over the less populated ones when nobody knows them worldwide. For small Nigeria when them de know as major ethnic group their head just de swell anyhow. If Nigerians na white eh, we for de ranked as the number one racist country in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:14am On Nov 18, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Benin people,

O boy see by force affiliation sha! treacherous weaklings looking to expand their territory grin

28 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by OAUTemitayo: 8:14am On Nov 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Errrm no. We cannot count on you. We fix ish ourselves. We've been doing it for centuries.
Your opinion PDP lackey.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by emeijeh(m): 8:16am On Nov 18, 2017
Bendel state things
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Hector09(m): 8:17am On Nov 18, 2017
So there is ijaws at edo state eh, i luv them cus they are not coward thou i am an ikwerre man

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:17am On Nov 18, 2017
Tolerance/Warning......

Are you a lover of BARBECUE? If YES, check our signature...
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Blissp99(f): 8:18am On Nov 18, 2017
grin grin..Fear dey catch am
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by sokera: 8:19am On Nov 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

There is no sugar coating it ijews and fulanis are the problem with Nigeria
exactly

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by phreakabit(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Benin people,

Based on this offer from a YOR0BA man to the Benin people of Edo state, please my Edo people. . . .

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2017
I'm from the Ijaw parts of Akwa ibom state and i support the ijaws on this. We will never stand and watch how our brothers are marginalized there in their ancestral land.
Obaseki and the caged Oba should back off.
Cc TonyeBarcanista

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tee Mac Omatshola: I was Quoted Out Of Context On Tinubu / Tinubu addresses the “Rotten Situation” Comment He Made About El-Rufai (Video) / Alleged Forgery: Fresh Criminal Complaints Filed Against Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.