₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,211,237 members, 4,826,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 21 March 2019 at 03:16 PM

Do You Know That Nollywood Affects You Too? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Know That Nollywood Affects You Too? (510 Views)

Did You Know That The Ice Cream Song Is Racist? / Did You Know That British Airways Flew In Awolowo's Casket Free Of Charge? / Did You Know That Parents Still Give Their Children Up To 10 Names ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That Nollywood Affects You Too? by Queenlovely(f): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2017
Back in 2002, most movies were produced to show the ugly aspect of cultism. Mostly campus cult. The movie helped the government in its fight against cultism. Most youths shunned cultism

I also remember when most Nollywood movie encouraged people to give to strangers. Because the stranger might be jesus. Most people gave willingly.

Nollywood has even helped Christainity spread. Most movies encouraged people to visit the pastors to set them free. Then pastors started raking in money.

But today most Ghanian movies is about sex.and Nigeria is about gun violence. Most Nigerians now are proud to be called bad boy.

If Nollywood start encouraging education, it would be better for Nigeria.

Or encourage entrepreneurship

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Nollywood Affects You Too? by teresafaith(f): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2017
Who the hell watches that poo
Re: Do You Know That Nollywood Affects You Too? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
anyone who followws what they see in these garbage Nollywood movies is a damn fool, and deserves anything they get in life!
Re: Do You Know That Nollywood Affects You Too? by kunlesehan(m): 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
You have a point there op.
if a 3 minutes advert can affect our decisions then a 90 minutes movie can ...

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Nollywood Affects You Too? by KingSango(m): 1:45am On Nov 20, 2017
American movies started clean and wholesome but look today it has gay movies and gay t.v shows. And guess what? A rapid rise in homosexuality.

Television is your mind sedated. Most Americans watch more than 60 hours per week. Thats more hours than they work. All sports on tv are rigged for underworld gambling. All the News is fake at least in America. Television is a 24 hour 7 days a week people control box for Elites. Movies are propaganda that you pay to see them. I do not watch television and only watch old school Nollywood movies on Youtube. But I did notice that Nollywood caters to Jesus by showing Jesus saves but anything traditional is fetish and does not help people. Rubbish.

Ase

Love Sango

(1) (Reply)

The Youngest King On Earth Has A Crown Of Stars Upon His Head / How Do I Achieve My New Year Resolutions / Eko O Ni Baje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.