Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread - Education (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (320191 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Reedwon: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2018
Sulegee:

Calm down bro,some are even still seeing "not admitted" so be grateful ,it'll show soon...imagine how people like that would be feeling
That's true sha...
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Wizkeyz: 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2018
pls is the coc form out? if no when will it be out? I need answers pls
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by IamGoke(m): 11:20pm On Oct 05, 2018
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by MikeSpokes(m): 11:20pm On Oct 05, 2018
Sulegee:

Nawa for NL people ooo,nobody can even say congratz
Congratulations to you my OG
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by esivue007(m): 7:48am On Oct 06, 2018
mathefaro:
They only do statistics
man,can a zoology dude cross to micro-biology in ui?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Sulegee: 9:17am On Oct 06, 2018
MikeSpokes:

Congratulations to you my OG
Thanks man
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Strawberry001(f): 10:09am On Oct 06, 2018
Reedwon:

Psychology
Reedwon, I applied for psychology too, are u on d WhatsApp group?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by comycomfort: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2018
Khostlybeauty18:
It keeps bringing invalid email or password... Why
smiley
Khostlybeauty18:
It keeps bringing invalid email or password... Why
this perfectly helped me..
tnk u soooo much .... oneluv
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by iamehmakute(m): 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
Pls house I need help on this :-
My kid sis applied for CLA but didn't meet the departmental cut off mark ,as at now the lil girl is really sad because most of her friends passed and some have even been given admission.
I've heard one or two people talk about "change of course form" (COC) here but the issue is I don't know how it works . I would really appreciate it if someone enlightened me about it, and is she allowed to obtain it ?.
Her aggregate score is 64.125
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Reedwon: 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2018
Strawberry001:
Reedwon, I applied for psychology too, are u on d WhatsApp group?
No, send the link here...

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2018
esivue007:
im fine bro,its just dat ui admission dey toothless
Lol. That is UI for you my brother.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
Sulegee:
Guys God has done it ooo I've been admitted ooo ,God will do same for others too
Congratulations bro.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by esivue007(m): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2018
Eben331:
Lol. That is UI for you my brother.
bro,ehh,i just tire,and my papa talk say no staying @om again.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by tyreal(f): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
please has anyone been offered admission for pharmacy?
her aggregate score is 63 which is 2 points above the cutoff mark but her admission status is still showing not admitted
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by micskales(m): 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
Math aspirants, has anyone seen 'admitted or congratulation' on his or her caps? what i'm seeing here is 'admission in progress.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Sulegee: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2018
Well guys COC is out!!

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Specyano(m): 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
Dkfpaul:
https:///LQ1sei5gSEJLO6zLRhuQo2

faculty of education whatsapp group

link not connecting
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by duduade16: 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2018
Sulegee:
Well guys COC is out!!
pls signify if u av change been able 2 do coc
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by duduade16: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
Pls signify if u av been able 2 do coc
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
Nltaliban:

This is solely Thehistorian,s message. All credit and hailing should go to him

_Since the last time UI recorded a PostUTME was in 2015,I will respond to this enquiry on the premise of 2015's PostUTME._

_After the Merit List,in which all candidates who must have succesfully met their (intial) respective cut off marks and all necessary clearances being made._

_A Change of Course Application will be announced on the general admission portal where some specified courses(mostly educational courses) with reduced lucrativeness (as perceived by Nigerians) will advertise vacancies to be filled up by Candidates who trail the cut off mark of their initial courses._

_This COC will be declared free as many aspirants who fell short of their desired course see it as an instrument to realise their dream of securing admission into the institution._

_The Sad part of this COC is that the departments who often advertise spaces tend to pick the best of the best out of the overwhelming number of candidates who must have changed..._

_For Instance;;;_

_*An Aspirant to Law who is 4 marks below the Cut off for Law might not be able to even secure admission to History,as the department of History will choose to fill up its vacancies with aspirants who are a score or two below Law's cut off mark.*_

_This makes the COC a very terrible thing to hope for as it often disregards whatever percentage/score you parade._

_I actually don't wish COC for everyone here!!!!!!!!!!!_

Copyright 2017© Thehistorian
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2018
Nltaliban:
A guide on the coc advertised by university of Ibadan

This is solely my advice and will be for the science students alone, mostly those that did physics chemistry biology.

Change of course is a very tight corner, it's a time you take a bold step that requires a lot of critical thinking and calculation, however, the probability of you getting admitted is 2-4/10 based on your aggregate .

Here are few tips

1. Only candidates who are 2 or3 marks away from mbbs cut off should change to vet medicine.

2. Candidates with good marks can change to botany, zoology, chemistry, physics and others depending on your choice.
3. Faculty of agriculture and faculty of renewable resources have much spaces that are not always filled up to half on merit. Please consider their courses, that way, you stand a better chance for admission
4. Be prayerful, there's nothing God cannot do, but don't ask God to do something that is practically impossible like praying for vet medicine admission with your 61.
5. This is the time to remember all your family, if by chance you know any strong lecturer in Ui, you admission is 80% sure although, you might be given any course.
6. Please and please, if you know you are not ready to settle for any course other than your first choice, I beg you, don't do the change of course. Let those that will be willing to accept the admission have those spaces
7. If you have a good score that can fetch you admission this year, please make use of it, next year will be sure tougher than this year

I wish everyone that will be doing the coc the best of luck. at this point, you only need God and luck

Wrote this last year and it's still relevant.. good luck to you all

You can quote me with your score (science students) let's see if I can give advice
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Sulegee: 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2018
duduade16:
pls signify if u av change been able 2 do coc
I've been admitted so I'm not doing it,I just notified those interested
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by mathefaro(m): 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
CHANGE OF COURSE FOR CANDIDATES NOT YET OFFERED ADMISSION

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN

UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE

2018/19 ADMISSION EXERCISE

CHANGE OF COURSE FOR CANDIDATES NOT YET OFFERED ADMISSION

This is to inform candidates who scored 65% and above (Science and Technology) and 60% and above (Arts and Social Science) in the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise and are yet to be offered admission in their chosen most preferred course as a result of not meeting the cut-off point for the course, that they can now apply for change of course. They should however ensure that their weighted score is not below the cut-off point of the course they are changing to. The Change of Course form can be accessed online on www.ui.edu.ng/admissions.

Candidates are also advised to study carefully the subject combination and the O’L requirements for the courses they choose, to avoid being disqualified. It should be noted that consideration for admission will be based on merit. Filling of change of course form will close on Tuesday, October 9, 2018.

Please find below, courses where there are opportunities for change of course:

S/

NO

COURSES

UME REQUIREMENTS

O’L REQUIREMENTS

Forest Production and Products

English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science and any one of Physics/Mathematics

5 'O' level subjects at one sitting or 6 'O' level subjects at two sittings to include: English Language, Biology / Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and any one/two of Geography, Physics and Economics

Social And Enviromental Forest

Wildlife & Ecotourism Management

Aquaculture and Fisheries Management

Agricultural Extension and Rural Development

Agronomy

Crop Protection & Environmental Biology (CPEB / Agriculture)

BOTANY

English Language, Biology, Chemistry and any other Science subject. Mathematics / Physics.

5 ‘O’ level subjects at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level subjects at 2 sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any one or two of Physics, Geography and Agriculture Science.

ZOOLOGY

English Language, Biology and two other Science subjects excluding Agricultural Science

5 ‘O’ level subjects at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level subjects at 2 sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other Science subjects.

Physics

English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Further Mathematics

5 'O' level subjects at one sitting or 6 'O' level subjects at two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any two or three of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Further Mathematics

GEOGRAPHY (SOC.SC)

English Language and any other three subjects from Arts or Social Sciences

5 ‘O’ level subjects at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level subjects at English Language, Geography and any other subjects from Arts or Social Sciences.

VETERINARY MEDICINE

English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology

5 ‘O’ level Credit at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level Credit passes at two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and any other Science subject

WOOD PRODUCTS ENGINEERING

English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.

5 ‘O’ level subjects at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level subjects at 2 sittings to include English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with any ONE or TWO of the following subjects as the case may be; Biology, Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Economics, Geography, Metal Work and Wood Work.

CLICK TO SHARE

Facebook Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp Email SMS LinkedIn Viber
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by scholarshipfree: 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
Hello,

British Government/FCO
Masters Degree

Deadline: 6 Nov 2018 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Sept/Oct 2019

Brief description:

Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.

Website: https://dailyscholars.info/2018/10/06/apply-now-british-chevening-scholarships-for-international-students-2/
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Zealihedi(m): 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2018
Sulegee:

I've been admitted so I'm not doing it,I just notified those interested
Wait does this COC mean admission is over already? both Direct entry?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by simplebb: 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2018
Nltaliban:

Wrote this last year and it's still relevant.. good luck to you all

You can quote me with your score (science students) let's see if I can give advice

No Art courses except Geography and that's for those who wrote Geography in Waec or NECO. Please what can someone with 74 Law aggregate do now? Won't be funny if this high aggregate just get wasted like that.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Sulegee: 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2018
Zealihedi:
Wait does this COC mean admission is over already? both Direct entry?
It isn't over some got admitted this night,if u pass ur cut off mark,just keep checking regularly
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Psalmist123: 12:11am On Oct 07, 2018
hi This akanbidamilare. my former account was deactivated
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:17am On Oct 07, 2018
simplebb:

No Art courses except Geography and that's for those who wrote Geography in Waec or NECO. Please what can someone with 74 Law aggregate do now? Won't be funny if this high aggregate just get wasted like that.

someone with that aggregate will be given another course.. it cant waste
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by simplebb: 12:43am On Oct 07, 2018
Nltaliban:

someone with that aggregate will be given another course.. it cant waste

Thanks for the input. I equally hope so too.

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by eazeefix: 6:03am On Oct 07, 2018
Change of course is open and caps is still saying 'no admission given yet' is this what most who beat the cutoff marks are getting too? Please how good is the possibility of changing to Vet Medicine with an aggregate of 70, since pharmacy isn't available in change of course option

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (191) (Reply)

Thread For PHD Students / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.