Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (320967 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
Samsonyte:

There is no school that accept second choice now, it must be first choice.
What you can do is dat, u will do oou post UTME first without changing it to first choice because oou will not fetch ur information from jamb, so after doing the post UTME, or score will determine whether u will change it to first choice or not.
pls explain wella Sir, I should write post ume and later change to first choice?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by fhranchez(m): 6:32pm On Feb 26, 2018
Abdulmujeeb52:
Are you kidding ?
answer the godamm question or you fu.¢k off my mention
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
DrBESTJC:
I have written my mock examination,and I thank God this is just mock...........I go say e dey bittersweet

We came in the morning and were required to pay 700 naira to be permitted to write the exam and I can say that JAMB is just milking nigerian students dry through this exam.We paid 700naira for the mock registration and just a day or two to the mock exam date, they sent us a message requiring us to pay another 700naira to be able to write the mock.........anyway,na naija we dey!

We did thumbprinting and went into the hall with CCTV cameras mounted at strategic positions.At about 9:00AM,we were asked to log in and write.
........and I logged in.....

I checked one of my most dreaded subjects PHYSICS.40 questions were asked and some of the questions I could recall are these: (please let somebody solve and provide their answers.)
1: If y = A sin(750pt - 0.04px),determine the velocity of the wave.

2: P-type semiconductors are produced by doping the target materials with a....
(A) bivalent material
(B) pentavalent
(C) tetravalent material
(D) trivalent material

3:Optical fibre operates on the principle of
(A) diffraction of waves
(B) polarization of waves
(C) total internal reflection
(D) Refraction of waves

For CHEMISTRY....same 40 questions:
1:The action of ethyl chloride on ammonia will produce
(A) amino acid
(B) Primary amines
(C) secondary amines
(D) tertiary amines

2:Calculate the molar mass in g/mol of an alkyne represented by C11H16
(A) 112
(B) 124
(C) 208
(D) 100

3:Which of the allotropes of tin exists at room temperature
(A) monoclinic
(B) Rhombic
(C) grey
(D) white

For ENGLISH,60 questions were asked and about 7 questions from independence....it was ok

For BIOLOGY,40 questions were asked but tough.

MY EXPERIENCE AND ADVICE: I saw many questions lifted exactly from past questions.So it will be wise to study your pastquestions very well.Also TIME IS NO MAN'S FRIEND! Many people could'nt finish when their systems authomatically submitted their works.

I think this is enough to help a fellow aspirant.

In two/three weeks time,IT WILL ALL BE OVER!!!...........and I wish you guys an unprecedented success in your exams.....
please were you given working sheets and were you allowed to use pen cos I heard some centres did not allow that
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
_
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hardebaryor:
please were you given working sheets and were you allowed to use pen cos I heard some centres did not allow that

They did not give us regulations about that and they did not provide anything but I personally went in with a plain sheet of paper and a pencil..........nobody disturbed me...........maybe because this one is just mock exam.I know they will be very strict during the main exam and like last year,they ought to provide working sheets.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2018
DrBESTJC:

They did not give us regulations about that and they did not provide anything but I personally went in with a plain sheet of paper and a pencil..........nobody disturbed me...........maybe because this one is just mock exam.I know they will be very strict during the main exam and like last year,they ought to provide working sheets.
OK thanks.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
fhranchez:
answer the godamm question or you fu.¢k off my mention
you're uncultured
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by fhranchez(m): 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
Abdulmujeeb52:
you're uncultured
are you kidding
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 12:40am On Feb 27, 2018
boyejo123:

pls explain wella Sir, I should write post ume and later change to first choice?
oou putme take place around June/july, so u can do their putme without changing it to first choice, I mean without doing any Chang of institution, like I said earlier The school will not fetch your information from jamb, that is why u can apply without doing change of institution. After the putme exam ur score will determine whether u change it to first choice or not. If u had like 65 or 70 in their putme, u already know dat ur score will give u a better chance of securing admission, then u can now do change of institution from UI to OOU. but if u fail their putme, u dont have to do any change of institution.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Worldbest281: 7:34am On Feb 27, 2018
please when are ui freshers resuming
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 8:19am On Feb 27, 2018
Gracy3535:
Please what is the difference between collective name/ collective noun

What is a noun?? name of people animals, places or things, right??

What is the collective name of this keys(key which is a noun)

mentions 4 collective nouns
a bunch of keys
a fleet of cars
a herd of cattles
a congregation

but, the collective "name" of cars is "a fleet of cars"

In essence, they only have structure difference (the way you use them are different)

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 27, 2018
Please guys how can I draw the vector diagram fro this question... I rilli need help in drawing vector diagrams

A weight of 20 newton hangs from a fixed point by a light inextensible spring. It is pulled aside by a horizontal force with the string inclined at an angle of 30 degree to the vertical.The tension in the spring is.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 10:17am On Feb 27, 2018
dannyboii1:
Please guys how can I draw the vector diagram fro this question... I rilli need help in drawing vector diagrams

A weight of 20 newton hangs from a fixed point by a light inextensible spring. It is pulled aside by a horizontal force with the string inclined at an angle of 30 degree to the vertical.The tension in the spring is.
draw it on a sheet of paper, snap and upload it.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 27, 2018
afoobabs:
draw it on a sheet of paper, snap and upload it.

Anybody who can should please help.... How can i draw the vector diagram for this questions...

Detailed explanation will rilli help.
Thanks
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 10:29am On Feb 27, 2018
dannyboii1:

Anybody who can should please help.... How can i draw the vector diagram for this questions...

Thanks
oh! i didnt know that's what you were saying.
am afraid i dont know how, but
let me help you call

Pes13: DrBESTJC: samuelizz: bukdan: Bobola07:
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 10:51am On Feb 27, 2018
dannyboii1:

The diagram will be in a form of a right angled triangle.
Let assume the point the newton hangs from be A, Draw a line vertically downward from that point to another point B. The force is being applied at the point B which makes the newton to move horizontally to the left side, draw a line from point B to another point C, then join AC which indicates the line in which the tension acts, Angle BÂC is the angle in which the string makes with the vertical.

Now, from your diagram, since the tension is acting in the hypotenuse side, you resolve it to the vertical which gives Tcos@ where @ is theta, and since the body is at equilibrium, upward force equals downward force.

Tcos30° = 20

T = 20/cos30

T = 20/(√3/2)

T = 40/√3 or 40√3/3N.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Orezy5(m): 11:25am On Feb 27, 2018
dannyboii1:

Thanks

Here..
Just a rough sketch

1 Share

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Gracy3535(f): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2018
ChiomaMee:

What is a noun?? name of people animals, places or things, right??

What is the collective name of this keys(key which is a noun)

mentions 4 collective nouns
a bunch of keys
a fleet of cars
a herd of cattles
a congregation

but, the collective "name" of cars is "a fleet of cars"

In essence, they only have structure difference (the way you use them are different)
tanx nw i understand
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
Samsonyte:

oou putme take place around June/july, so u can do their putme without changing it to first choice, I mean without doing any Chang of institution, like I said earlier The school will not fetch your information from jamb, that is why u can apply without doing change of institution. After the putme exam ur score will determine whether u change it to first choice or not. If u had like 65 or 70 in their putme, u already know dat ur score will give u a better chance of securing admission, then u can now do change of institution from UI to OOU. but if u fail their putme, u dont have to do any change of institution.

thanks bro
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2018
I'm still ruminating over this JAMB MOCK BIOLOGY question.It is quite confusing.Please I need the correct answer with explanation.

The feeding mechanism of muchroom can best be described as....
(A) autotrophic
(B) saprophytic
(C) holozoic
(D) chemosynthetic
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by chinikes: 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
DrBESTJC:
I have written my mock examination,and I thank God this is just mock...........I go say e dey bittersweet

We came in the morning and were required to pay 700 naira to be permitted to write the exam and I can say that JAMB is just milking nigerian students dry through this exam.We paid 700naira for the mock registration and just a day or two to the mock exam date, they sent us a message requiring us to pay another 700naira to be able to write the mock.........anyway,na naija we dey!

We did thumbprinting and went into the hall with CCTV cameras mounted at strategic positions.At about 9:00AM,we were asked to log in and write.
........and I logged in.....

I checked one of my most dreaded subjects PHYSICS.40 questions were asked and some of the questions I could recall are these: (please let somebody solve and provide their answers.)
1: If y = A sin(750pt - 0.04px),determine the velocity of the wave.

2: P-type semiconductors are produced by doping the target materials with a....
(A) bivalent material
(B) pentavalent
(C) tetravalent material
(D) trivalent material

3:Optical fibre operates on the principle of
(A) diffraction of waves
(B) polarization of waves
(C) total internal reflection
(D) Refraction of waves

For CHEMISTRY....same 40 questions:
1:The action of ethyl chloride on ammonia will produce
(A) amino acid
(B) Primary amines
(C) secondary amines
(D) tertiary amines

2:Calculate the molar mass in g/mol of an alkyne represented by C11H16
(A) 112
(B) 124
(C) 208
(D) 100

3:Which of the allotropes of tin exists at room temperature
(A) monoclinic
(B) Rhombic
(C) grey
(D) white

For ENGLISH,60 questions were asked and about 7 questions from independence....it was ok

For BIOLOGY,40 questions were asked but tough.

MY EXPERIENCE AND ADVICE: I saw many questions lifted exactly from past questions.So it will be wise to study your pastquestions very well.Also TIME IS NO MAN'S FRIEND! Many people could'nt finish when their systems authomatically submitted their works.

I think this is enough to help a fellow aspirant.

In two/three weeks time,IT WILL ALL BE OVER!!!...........and I wish you guys an unprecedented success in your exams.....
please chemistry number 1 wat is d answer
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
DrBESTJC:
I'm still ruminating over this JAMB MOCK BIOLOGY question.It is quite confusing.Please I need the correct answer with explanation.

The feeding mechanism of muchroom can best be described as....
(A) autotrophic
(B) saprophytic
(C) holozoic
(D) chemosynthetic
It's saprophytic... Fungi generally feed on dead and decayed organic matter and mushroom is a good example of fungi.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by sanyamike(m): 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ijmb centres

In

Ibadan

There are various ijmb centres in Ibadan and we have received different messages from students who want to enrol for the ijmb programme in Ibadan on which center is best for them and that is why we have come up with this post.
We have an ijmb registration center in Ibadan where you can obtain your ijmb form and register for the ijmb programme. Our office is located at Shalom Cafe,black market, Opposite Zik hall, University of Ibadan. Call us on 08148501101 so we can direct you and also guide you to the best ijmb centres in Ibadan.
For those who wish to register via their email address, email us on edualevel@gmail.com requesting for the form. We will forward you the form along our account details. And also, a model of a filled form to serve as your guide while filling your own. You will then scan back your Ijmb form back to us alongside the teller of your payment to our email address.
See Also:
NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES THAT ACCEPT IJMB

Things you should consider when choosing Ijmb centres in Ibadan.

Do they have a conducive learning environment and the right facilities?
Enquire about the previous records and performances of their students
Do they have competent lecturers?
And the only way you can know all these is when you register with us.
We can assure you that we will guide you to the right ijmb Centres in Ibadan. We can not put up any name here because it will be us advertising them on our website. And we can’t do that because nothing is permanent. The ijmb centres in Ibadan we trust now can begin to perform below standard, then what do we do? We check around for other good ones.
School Fees For Ijmb centres in Ibadan

The school fees for ijmb centres in Ibadan vary. But we can tell you that for the good jupeb centres in ibadan we have worked with, their school fees fall between #140,000 and #160,000. And those include accommodation, exam fees among other things. Also, to ease the financial load of parents and guardians, we make sure those centres allow for payments on instalments.
Universities that accept Ijmb in Oyo state
1. Ajayi crowther university.
2. Joseph Ayo Babalola University.
3. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology ( lautech)
4. Lead city university.
5. Kola Daisi University.
How To Register With our ijmb centres in Ibadan:

How to register with us is quite simple. For those who stay in Ibadan all you need to do is to visit our ijmb registration centers in Ibadan. But make sure you call us on 08148501101 when coming.
Or if you cant get to our centre, you can get the form via your email address. All you need to do is to email us at edualevel@gmail.com requesting for the form. And we will get back to as soon as possible.
And those who will wish to register online with other ijmb websites, it is good. But please be careful. There are internet fraudsters everywhere. Be careful and watchful.
For further enquiries, contact us at 08148501101 or email us at edualevel@gmail.com. you can also visit www.alevelsprogramme.com
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by SamanN: 8:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hi everyone!! Can anyone help me with the summary of Independence? A week away and i don't know what it's all about.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
Orezy5:

Here..
Just a rough sketch

Thanks alot... Buh I still don't understand
*why is it cos (tita) why wasnt it tan or sin
*also how come the Tcos(tita) minus 20...i dont understand how the minus sign came about
*please try and explain how the questions relates to the diagram you drew... I still can't figure out how you came about the diagram
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
SamanN:
Hi everyone!! Can anyone help me with the summary of Independence? A week away and i don't know what it's all about.

Check out these SUMMARY OF INDEPENDCE with over 90 likely questions for JAMB

1:
https://bestschools.com.ng/100-likely-questions-jamb-novel-independence/

2:
https://m./244086315652909?view=permalink&id=1738899682838224&refid=18&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6521418742582685196%3Amf_story_key.1738899682838224%3Atop_level_post_id.1738899682838224%3Atl_objid.1738899682838224%3Asrc.22&__tn__=%2As-R
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Bishops10(m): 11:41am On Feb 28, 2018
For your legit jamb runz Contact me on 08176255344 (whatsapp /call) You get your questions and answers few hours before your exam time. 5k for Four papers
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
boyejo123:

thanks bro
You are welcome bro
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
Economics

1. For two substitute goods, the cross elasticity of demand is
A. greater than 1 but less than 2
B. zero
C. negative
D. positive
E. infinity

2. The main function of price mechanism is to
A. limit consumer demand
B. ensure consumer sovereignty
C. create unlimited supply
D. enable producers to make profit
E. allocate scarce resources among competing ends.

3. Mux/Muy = PX/Py

Where Mux = marginal utility of commodity X
Muy = marginal utility of commodity Y
Px = price of x
Py = price of y

The above equation is known as the
A. marginal utility theory of price
B. consumers' optimal utility level
C. utility maximization equation
D. diminishing marginal utility equation
E. increasing marginal utility equation

English question
4. Three quarters of the hostel ____ been painted and three quarters of the students ____ moved in
A. have / have
B. has / have
C. have / has
D. have / had
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 8:33am On Mar 01, 2018
Hello,Nairaland gurus here please help out.......

I always get banned whenever I try to post a link to a website or some long but useful writeups,but I see others posting same and never banned!!!

Please,WHAT IS THE CAUSE AND HOW CAN I RECTIFY IT?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Seunfunmi18(m): 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
Any direct entry candidate here?
Industrial production engineering to be precise
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Seunfunmi18(m): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
And also
Can anyone please tell me the direct entry requirements for university of ibadan?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (191) (Reply)

Thread For PHD Students / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.