Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Universities With The Best Websites - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 5 Nigerian Universities With The Best Websites (1114 Views)

Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities With The Best Websites by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
1) Covenant University

Regularly updated
Conveys Research Activities
Top notch Research repository
No Broken links
Connected to Verified Researchgate, twitter, Facebook
Contains Staff records
University Directorates well represented
Admission Information well conveyed
Easy to Use and Suitable for Mobile Users
Great Tour Guide Video
Responsive Website/Social medial managers
E-Learning Moodle(All Lecturer notes are deposited before semester commences)
-comment: the website is too academic and conveys little about student experience and activities. The University should consider releasing Annual Research Reports and should be more transparent about research financial grant since it prides itself as a private research institution.
covenantuniversity.edu.ng

2) American University of Nigeria

Regularly updated
Convey Student Activities Maximally
Top Notch Community engagement
Connected to ver. twitter, Facebook,Instagram,Youtu.
Suitable for Mobile Users
Few empty links
Conveys staff activities
Admission Information well conveyed
University Contacts well working
Responsive Social/Website Managers
Great Tour guide
-comment: conveys little about Research activities
aun.edu.ng

3) Elizade University
Elizade university.edu.ng

4) Landmark University
lmu.edu.ng

5) Federal University of Technology Minna

futminna.edu.ng

Most Nigerian Universities have poor, horrific and terrifying websites. The websites are not interactive and dormant at times for even weeks. Student and research activities are in most cases not conveyed. Information about admission is usually stale and unreliable

Social media penetration is hugely low. From Harvard to Lehigh to institutions even in South Africa many institutions are communicating via twitter. Many Universities also help prospective students with information about the University and also help solve application and student issues in record time. The twitter helps Universities to garner even public opinion about the Universities but unfortunately Nigerian Universities have chosen to remain in the past century some don't even have twitter and Facebook accounts. You can't rely on information on their websites, their contact lines don't go through and when it does they are even unhelpful and you may need to personally travel down to the University to seek information.

All the problem of Higher education isn't about inadequate funds we can't always curse out the federal govt for the ineptitude and carefree attitude that the universities are disposed to. University of Johannesburg is a South African Public Varsity established in 2003 yet with a fantastic website and social media presence.
Most Federal Universities in Nigeria have terrible websites including UNN, Unilorin, OAU etc and are arrogantly off social media even Futminna only made the list because of her digitized online research repository. Some private Universities also have disappointing websites e.g Babcock, Redeemers, ABUAD and no social media presence.

Compiled by HEH project

Lalasticlala

https://educationexplorersite./2017/11/18/128/
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities With The Best Websites by DaDevin: 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2017
Who best website help? As long as school's website serves it's goal, I believe that's what matters, not which is best or not. That said, best should be in quality of education/alumni strength...
Anyways, I rep CU regardless grin
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities With The Best Websites by TheVictorious(m): 6:04am On Nov 20, 2017
You should have made the comparison to cover federal and state varsities also, but well, that may be very tasking; good job. Reminds me of when I went to Unilag to inquire about something and they were fast to say check the website, not knowing that nothing like that is there.

Llasticlala, Statsocial; come and see

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities With The Best Websites by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
TheVictorious:
You should have made the comparison to cover federal and state varsities also, but well, that may be very tasking; good job. Reminds me of when I went to Unilag to inquire about something and they were fast to say check the website, not knowing that nothing like that is there.

Llasticlala, Statsocial; come and see
I wasn't the one who did the listings but from the footnote I guess they assessed public universities too.
Are u a cu student?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities With The Best Websites by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
DaDevin:
Who best website help? As long as school's website serves it's goal, I believe that's what matters, not which is best or not. That said, best should be in quality of education/alumni strength...
Anyways, I rep CU regardless grin
Websites are actually VERY important to universities.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities With The Best Websites by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
AUN website does convey Research activities. They also have a significant presence on Researchgate.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities With The Best Websites by TheVictorious(m): 6:47am On Nov 21, 2017
Mirand606:

I wasn't the one who did the listings but from the footnote I guess they assessed public universities too.
Are u a cu student?

I'm an eagle

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Jamb 2017/2018 Admission Status Without Using CAPS / What Will Happen If I Am Absent On The Day Of My WAEC Book Keeping Paper / What To Do To Pass Unilorin Post Utme Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.