Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties (24879 Views)

Man Lost His Properties 2 Years After His Nigeria Wife Joined Him In Uk(vid,pix) / My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son / My Younger Brother Wants To Finance My Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties by Successdude(m): 8:45am On Jan 03, 2021

This happens when you give your extended family too much Lee way.

Start succession proceedings in court. Its an application for you and your father's children and wife to inherit from him.

Don't include your extended family in the proceedings. Just his children and wife. Be bold and ready to fight because those people can leave you in the streets if you smile with them.

Tnx bro, you're wise. @ the embolded, what exactly do u mean cos I'm currently in this situation. Mine was even that his son picked a fight with me during the day of d burial. The boy threatened also and cos of that, that really infuriated me and I decided to never let it slide.

What does one do in this case to put up a good and unforgettable fight/defeat.

It doesn't matter what it is.
Re: Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties by aribisala0(m): 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2021
If the deceased did not leave a will then his property are divided according to prevailing Native law or Sharia as appropriate

Do you know that from a blood /genetic perspective your father's brother is even closer to him than his children. who only get 50% of their DNA from their father
Siblings can share a lot more than 50% DNA and in the case of identical twins 100%

People like to pick and choose those parts of our culture that suit them

We are not Oyinbo

If you do not want your siblings to inherit your property make a will

People always approach this issue from a selfish perspective.

We are not a me and my wife culture.

If a man dies intestate and leaves aged parents they too have a claim on his estate ditto for his siblings
Re: Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties by zakkxx: 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2022
In this modern world your father no get will? Na poor man no de worry because of will now! Make sure you and your siblings are living a righteous life! If not u will die like chicken! God will not allow it but ensure u are living a righteous life of no fornication, no drinking, no girl friend oo etc engage in mid night prayer every 12 to one am commit every thing in the hands of God!! Watch how God will solve the issue! Hid your father land papers oo!
Re: Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties by Iamntasaint: 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
Team blood is thicker than water, where una dey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) / Should I Have Allowed Her? / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.