Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

A Logical Question For African Christians. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Logical Question For African Christians. (2883 Views)

Gay Marriage Is Accepted By Oyibos. Should African Christians Forbid Polygamy? / Is A Creator A Logical Conclusion? / Response To True Tithe: Why African Christians Remain Poor Despite Tithing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 10:18am On May 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

God made man all good. Satan was outside man and all he could do was suggest evil things as you have seen people do even around you.

You have the power to listen to them and do what they have told you to do or to not listen to them and do what you have or had in Your own mind.

That was what and who Satan was to man. But by eating the fruit, Satan entered into man's soul and now he joins man in making his decisions from within.

But again you still have the power to either listen to him and do what he tells you or listen to the Good you once were fully are (but are now Not) in arriving at your decision and carrying it out.

It is still your own choice to Good or to Do evil, where before you were Only capable of doing Good if you do not listen to Satan outside of you.
This is what Adam and Eve Experienced Before Satan entered into their souls, like AIDS, Sickle Cell and all hereditary diseases!

We were all born Only after Adam and Eve were infected with Satan Disease which is Hereditary, therefore all us have Satan in us. And by the Knowledge and Knowledges of the Bible some of us have found a way of suppressing that Disease until our Creator, comes to pluck him out as He has Promised He shall do.

So till then we suppress on.

And the I say that the Creator All Mighty and Good, created us Good but it is who have messed up and have been messing up, not Him.

In this case Your Failure is your own not the fault of another!

Your post is summary of the magnification of God's "all-loving" attribute.

Is it Satan that created Earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcano, Landslides that leads to killing of innocent people including unborn children?

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Daejoyoung: 10:20am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

This isnt about the speaker. The speaker in that verse is a born again Christian. He hears directly from Jesus.
It will not be out of place if the Christian God tells him to tell the Christians to abolish slavery in their capacity

That they should free all slaves in their dominion. It doesn't matter if they obey or not. He has taken a stand.

But rather what did we read? Encouraging them to have more slaves.
But he already told them, there is no slave or free in christ jesus, and everyone is thesame.

So in that sense, a slave obeying his master, would simply be serving him like before but even better and with a new consciousness that he is a free man and not a slave, and his Christian master would not treat him like a slave, because they are thesame, this however doesn't prevent the former slave from serving him still in willing Christian service, and the so called master is now aware that he is no longer a master and would treat the so called slave as a brother in christ.

There is only one master to both of them, and that is christ.
This was the christian ideal at the time, and I think it was reasonable.

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 10:24am On May 30, 2020
Daejoyoung:

But he already told them, there is no slave or free in christ jesus, but everyone is thesame. So in that sense, a slave obeying his master, would simply be serving him like before but even better and with a new consciousness that he is a free man and not a slave, and his Christian master would not treat him like a slave, because they are thesame, this however doesn't prevent the former slave from serving him still in willing Christian service, and the so called master is now aware that he is no longer a master and would treat the so called slave as a brother in christ. There is only one master to both of them, and that is christ.
This was the christian ideal at the time, and I think it was reasonable.

An all-loving God wouldn't permit a human taking another human as slave.

Except you wanna be economical with sound reasoning and truth.

3 Likes

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Daejoyoung: 10:26am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

An all-loving God wouldn't permit a human taking another human as slave.

Except you wanna be economical with sound reasoning and truth.

You didn't reply to the post you quoted, just say you have nothing else to say or that you don't understand the message and principles of the new testament teachings.
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 10:32am On May 30, 2020
Daejoyoung:

You didn't reply to the message you quoted, just say you have nothing else to say or that you don't understand the message and principles of the new testament teachings.

Same thing I have been saying from the beginning!

It is you who is tired of defending the defenseless and an obvious dent on your God's attribute.

While I am telling you that the God in the bible didn't abolish nor discourage slavery of man , you are busy beating about the bush concentrating on Paul.

If you and I agree slavery of man by man is evil, then tell me why your God never considered it evil by telling the Israelites not to engage in slavery right from the old testament to the new?

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:33am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

Yet another shallow defense!

Destroyed the Syrians and Egyptians for slavery yet encouraged it among the Isrealites?

Now slavery is different from apprenticeship or working for someone. When you go to war and kill innocent women and children and bring defenseless humans to your country and control all aspects of their life, that is slavery.

Why did your God not prohibit that or speak against it. Even up to the new testament wen Jesus was alive, slavery was booming. During Paul's time, Christian's even had slaves.

I already answered you that He had and has always Condemned All Evil, including slavery. Repeating the question would not change its answer.

bright007:

Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Colossians 3:22”

The Reasonable question You should have asked is why? And to what purpose?

I am sure you do not know that before Christ came it was Rightful to kill Wicked and Evil people on the earth that's what you see from Exodus through Deuteronomy and in the old Testament.

Evil is not Allowed only Good, Lives. That was the Will of God.

But the advice in Colossians stops us, (cos I and others like me would have been going about killing every evil soul we can find) because the The Destroyer that moved in Egypt and Even More Dangerous Brothers ARE COMING! And they would even do a better job than we could ever achieve.
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Daejoyoung: 10:34am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

Same thing I have been saying from the beginning!

It is you who is tired of defending the defenseless and an obvious dent on your God's attribute.

While I am telling you that the God in the bible didn't abolish nor discourage slavery of man , you are busy beating about the bush concentrating on Paul.

If you and I agree slavery of man by man is evil, then tell me why your God never considered it evil by telling the Israelites not to engage in slavery right from the old testament to the new?

In the new testament, paul said there is neither slave nor free but all are one in christ jesus.
What could be better than that?
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 10:38am On May 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I already answered you that He had and has always Condemned All Evil, including slavery. Repeating the question would not change its answer.

The Reasonable question You should have asked is why? And to what purpose?

I am sure you do not know that before Christ came it was Rightful to kill wicked and Evil people, that's what you see from Exodus through Deuteronomy and in the old Testament.

Evil is not Allowed only Good, Lives. That was the Will of God.

But the advice in Colossians stops us, (cos I and others like me would have been going about killing every evil soul we can find) because the The Destroyer that moved in Egypt and Even More Dangerous Brothers ARE COMING! And they would even do a better job than we could ever achieve.

Your reply is laughable I must confess!

Even during Paul's days, Christian's still had slaves.

Now Paul came and told the slaves to obey their masters.

Why not tell the Christians to let go of their slaves because slavery was evil? Isnt that simple enough

I am waiting for your goal-post shifting answers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:43am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

Your post is summary of the magnification of God's "all-loving" attribute.

Is it Satan that created Earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcano, Landslides that leads to killing of innocent people including unborn children?

You must be new here! I have answered all these questions before. No one on earth is Innocent, every soul from 7 years Old is Guilty!

Yam Must bear yam, Grape must bear Grape. An evil tree Must bear an evil fruit.
If parents are evil, their children must be evil.

Satan is Evil and he is doing his own work. You choose what work you want to do? That is in your own hand and your own talent, do what you may with it

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:47am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

Your reply is laughable I must confess!

Even during Paul's days, Christian's still had slaves.

Now Paul came and told the slaves to obey their masters.

Why not tell the Christians to let go of their slaves because slavery was evil? Isnt that simple enough

I am waiting for your goal-post shifting answers

You have alleged, you prove, I did not see any Christian in the Bible who had "slaves" not employees or servants.

Therefore Show me

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 10:47am On May 30, 2020
Daejoyoung:

In the new testament, paul said there is neither slave nor free but all are one in christ jesus.
What could be better than that?

grin grin

Now I see the results of your brainwashing!

Now use your brain and tell me which is better

Now it is Paul speaking:

1) Fellow brothers and sisters in christ, slavery is evil and God hates it. Therefore free all slaves that you currently own.

2) fellow brothers and sisters, no one is a slave. We are all followers of christ.

Pls be sincere and tell

2 Likes

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 10:51am On May 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You must be new here! I have answered all these questions before. No one on earth is Innocent, every soul from 7 years Old is Guilty!

Yam Must bear yam, Grape must bear Grape. An evil tree Must bear an evil fruit.
If parents are evil, their children must be evil.

Satan is Evil and he is doing his own work. You choose what work you want to do? That is in your own hand and your own talent, do what you may with it

grin grin

What about children below 7 years of age?

What about those in the womb?
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:53am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

grin grin

Now it is Paul speaking:

1) Fellow brothers and sisters in christ, slavery is evil and God hates it. Therefore free all slaves that you currently own.

2) fellow brothers and sisters, no one is a slave. We are all followers of christ.

Pls be sincere and tell

We are arguing on the same point, show me a Christian who retained a slave not an employee or a servant, that I may answer you.

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Daejoyoung: 10:55am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

grin grin

Now it is Paul speaking:

Pls be sincere and tell
It just like saying:

1) Fellow Nigerians and employers of labour, who pay their labourers little, free all employees and have no more employees under you who work their arse out for little pay.

Compare this to:

2) Retain your employees, but treat them well for the supreme master would be against you, if you don't treat them like brothers, and pay them well.

So use your brain, tell me which is better.

2 Likes

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 10:55am On May 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You have alleged, you prove, I did not see any Christian in the Bible who had "slaves" not employees or servants.

Therefore Show me

Seriously?

Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Colossians 3:22”

In this verse, who was Paul addressing the instructions to?

Was it not to Christians?

If the Christian's at that time didnt have slaves, why the instructions?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 10:58am On May 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

We are arguing on the same point, show me a Christian who retained a slave not an employee or a servant, that I may answer you.

A slave is different from an employee.

You trying to bring in terms to change the meaning of the word?

Those who are paid for working aren't called slaves. Even in the bible , they are called labourers or workers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:06am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

grin grin

What about children below 7 years of age?

What about those in the womb?

grin, you just had to ask! Children or persons under the ages of 7 are known and seen to be innocent of the Decisions they make or likely to make because, it seen and known that they Do not understand nor know what they do.

Therefore no one relies or can rely on their decision neither does anyone very readily act on them.

Therefore children comit No Wrong because they do not understand nor know what they do, neither do they cause anyone to Act on what they say or do.

My Lawyers say that they are not Criminal Responsible neither can they ever be, because they know Not what They do.

But can Adult say that he does not know what he is doing? Never, if at all, he has only 1% probability. He is Guilty 100% of the time and it is from there that his guilt may drop, if it is capable of being dropped!
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:08am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

A slave is different from an employee.

You trying to bring in terms to change the meaning of the word?

Those who are paid for working aren't called slaves. Even in the bible , they are called labourers or workers.

That is my point hence why I said Show me any Christian in the Bible who kept slaves, not servants or labourers or employees. Slaves!

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 11:15am On May 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

That is my point hence why I said Show me any Christian in the Bible who kept slaves, not servants or labourers or employees. Slaves!

The slaves Paul was referring to in Collosians 3:22 are what?

Are they dead people or spirits? Are they non-Christians?

2 Likes

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 11:18am On May 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin, you just had to ask! Children or persons under the ages of 7 are known and seen to be innocent of the Decisions they make or likely to make because, it seen and known that they Do not understand nor know what they do.

Therefore no one relies or can rely on their decision neither does anyone very readily act on them.

Therefore children comit No Wrong because they do not understand nor know what they do, neither do they cause anyone to Act on what they say or do.

My Lawyers say that they are not Criminal Responsible neither can they ever be, because they know Not what They do.

But can Adult say that he does not know what he is doing? Never, if at all, he has only 1% probability. He is Guilty 100% of the time and it is from there that his guilt may drop, if it is capable of being dropped!

Perfect explanation.

Unborn children who die from natural disasters like earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic eruptions etc, what crime did they commit?

Even children less than 7 years have been reported to have died from such incidents, what crime did they commit ?

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Daejoyoung: 11:25am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

Perfect explanation.

Unborn children who die from natural disasters like earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic eruptions etc, what crime did they commit?

Even children less than 7 years have been reported to have died from such incidents, what crime did they commit ?
The world is not a perfect place for any of us, my man. This world is not our own, we are just passing through.There would be a new age, a new world to come.
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 11:33am On May 30, 2020
Daejoyoung:

The world is not a perfect place for any of us, my man. This world is not our own, we are just passing through.There would be a new age, a new world to come.

This opposes your earlier beliefs.

You said bad things are not the intention of God. And that bad things happen because of sin. If unborn children and those below 7 years are without sin according to you, why will they be punished by a loving God for evil caused by sinners?

2 Likes

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Daejoyoung: 11:34am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

This opposes your earlier beliefs.

You said bad things are not the intention of God. And that bad things happen because of sin. If unborn children and those below 7 years are without sin according to you, why will they be punished by a loving God for evil caused by sinners?
I never said all that.
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:38am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

Perfect explanation.

grin. None at all!

They are dead because we see them Not, but they are not DEAD!

Infact their case is so sweet because they would not even be in Court to stand trial (for doing Nothing) on that day,, unlike you and I and other grown Persons.

Therefore they all have Automatic Qualification to Live in the New World, God would make. They are the ones who Qualify Under the Law that says "Every soul that sinneth SHALL Surely Die".

They have not sinned, therefore, they shall not Die!

There case no even day court, but all of us get case for Court.
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 11:39am On May 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin. None at all!

They are dead because we see them Not, but they are not DEAD!

Infact their case is so sweet because they would not even be in Court to stand trial (for doing Nothing) on that day,, unlike you and I and other grown Persons.

Therefore they all have Automatic Qualification to Live in the New World, God would make. They are the ones who Qualify Under the Law that says "Every soul that sinneth SHALL Surely Die".

They have not sinned, therefore, they shall not Die!

There case no even day court, but all of us get case for Court.

Please attach a proof of this assertion or else, it was manufactured by your brain

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:59am On May 30, 2020
bright007:

The slaves Paul was referring to in Collosians 3:22 are what?

Are they dead people or spirits? Are they non-Christians?

Paul said "Servants" not slaves which is not the same thing. For servants are Free and can Rebel or even Disobey their "Masters among other things

But a slave is in Wrongful Hot Captivity and Very Tight Bondage of which he Requires Freedom!

Therefore Paul did not talk about slaves or to slaves but to "Servants".

And Everyone at one point or the other becomes a Servant, for everyone has an Oga as we say.

So therefore he is simply advicing us that when we are called to reasonable service, we should do so rightly and with understanding that it is for Good, unless it is not for good. Romans 13:1-4
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by 1Sharon(f): 12:07pm On May 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Are you for real right now?

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 12:13pm On May 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Paul said "Servants" not slaves which is not the same thing. For servants are Free and can Rebel or even Disobey their "Masters among other things

But a slave is in Wrongful Hot Captivity and Very Tight Bondage of which he Requires Freedom!

Therefore Paul did not talk about slaves or to slaves but to "Servants".

And Everyone at one point or the other becomes a Servant, for everyone has an Oga as we say.

So therefore he is simply advicing us that when we are called to reasonable service, we should do so rightly and with understanding that it is for Good, unless it is not for good. Romans 13:1-4

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:26pm On May 30, 2020
bright007:

Please attach a proof of this assertion or else, it was manufactured by your brain

Here it is.

1) The word is "Little Children" not Children.Mathew 18:1-6 and 10.

2) Mathew 19:14

3) Deuteronomy 1:39 (having no knowledge between good and evil).

In Law knowledge of good and evil is called "men's Rea" meaning "Guilty Mind".

And based on "Guilty Mind" God Judges All men as he has Always done since the beginning of the world. For guilty minds, Punishment; for good minds or hearts, Blessings!

Hence the truth of the other Post "God Still Hears Your Thoughts".

This has Always Been His Pattern from Genesis to Revelations!
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by bright007(f): 12:31pm On May 30, 2020
[s]
Dtruthspeaker:

Here it is.

1) The word is "Little Children" not Children.Mathew 18:1-6 and 10.

2) Mathew 19:14

3) Deuteronomy 1:39 (having no knowledge between good and evil).

In Law knowledge of good and evil is called "men's Rea" meaning "Guilty Mind".

And based on "Guilty Mind" God Judges All men as he has Always done since the beginning of the world. For guilty minds, Punishment; for good minds or hearts, Blessings!

Hence the truth of the other Post "God Still Hears Your Thoughts".

This has Always Been His Pattern from Genesis to Revelations!
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:40pm On May 30, 2020
bright007:

grin grin

Colossians 3:22, NIV: "Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord."

Colossians 3:22, ESV: "Bondservants, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord."

Colossians 3:22, NASB: "Slaves, in all things obey those who are your masters on earth, not with external service, as those who merely please men, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord."

Colossians 3:22, NLT: "Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything you do. Try to please them all the time, not just when they are watching you. Serve them sincerely because of your reverent fear of the Lord."

Colossians 3:22, CSB: "Slaves, obey your human masters in everything. Don't work only while being watched, as people-pleasers, but work wholeheartedly, fearing the Lord."

Now that's Colossians 3:22 from different bible translations.

The word "slaves" is the most common of them all. It also means the same as bondservants.

Please go check the meaning of slaves/bondservants before your next reply. I am getting tired of teaching you the difference between slaves and employees or workers.

Your NIV, CSB, NLT, ESV are Deceiving you in saying "slaves" (Evil) not "Servants" (Regular and Ordinary Free Persons whom you see everyday) which is what KJV says.

Curiously no KJV.

Slavery means Complete Ownership and Possession of Fellow Souls like you.

And it is against the Most High Law that One Soul can Not and Should Not Posses the Soul of Another, as if he were a laptop or car.

Both the Wicked Soul Possessing and the Soul being Possessed are the Property of the Most High. Eg Toyota Sequoia can not Possess and shall Never be able to Possess Toyota Yaris, not to talk of Kia Picanto.

That is the Law and all who are in breach of it SHALL ANSWER TO THEIR CREATOR!
Re: A Logical Question For African Christians. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:48pm On May 30, 2020
bright007:
[s][/s]

Next time when you are asked to bring proof or evidence of something, never go to a fairytales and myth book.

Get evidence that everyone can relate with. We are having an argument about a book and then you still go to same book for your points

Idiot! You have been arguing based on a "myth book".

You re a Mighty Big Fool. grin grin grin.

MODIFIED!

You didn't think that there was an answer. God had Answered Everything you can ever imagine.
We are only searching for the answers to use to answer you.

Some we have found, some we have not yet found, that is what is going on with us, the followers of Christ

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prayer Points For Victory In The Month Of August. / Angry And Aggressive Atheism - Why ? / All You Negros, Do You Know You Will Be Relocated To Jerusalem Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.