Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? (2710 Views)

IPOB Election Boycott Campaign In Anambra (Photos) / Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? / The Anambra State Governorship Elections: Between Peter Obi And Willie Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
victorvezx:

Guy I no it's very hard to accept defeat. But just try and hide ur face in shame. Ipob was brutally defeated. What is happening now is that u find it hard to accept defeat. U are now talking nonsense

Don't mind the clown cheesy

I actually thought they pulled it off until I saw 2013 figures. Ndi anambra have buried ipob like Yyeske promised cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by HiddenShadow: 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
gidgiddy:
For me, the boycott was very successful. If two thirds of an electorate voluntrarily decide not to participate in an electoral process, that election has been boycotted.

With over 2 million people registered to vote in Anambra, if 300,000 voted, that represents a turnout of less than 15%

So what happend to the other 85%?

The boycott was a huge success

God bless you for this mathematical analysis.

Boycott 90% successful.

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

God bless you for this mathematical analysis.

Boycott 90% successful.
Hide ur face in shame too. Liars

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by pryme(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
victorvezx:

Anambra always have low turnout, Obiano votes alone is expected to surpass 200,000, far more than that of 2013, back when Ipob and Nnamdi Kanu was not even known. And there was no Biafra agitation or boycott in 2013, but turnout was still low. Ipob election boycott was a massive failure.

Here is election results from just 17 local government, it's remaining 4

Its fair to say the election was a success.

How the boycott was suppose to aid the Igbos with their cause is what i dont understand.

If there was no election, a Military Administrator would have been appointed, no one will gain anything from that.

If a military Administrator had taken over they will start screaming Buhari has sent an "Uasa solja" to come and kill them, meanwhile they are the ones that brought it upon them selves.

Its sad that the majority in the south east buys into Igbos stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by nwabobo: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
victorvezx:

Anambra always have low turnout, Obiano votes alone is expected to surpass 200,000, far more than that of 2013, back when Ipob and Nnamdi Kanu was not even known. And there was no Biafra agitation or boycott in 2013, but turnout was still low. Ipob election boycott was a massive failure.

Here is election results from just 17 local government, it's remaining 4

The boycott handed Obiano the victory.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
nwabobo:

The boycott handed Obiano the victory.
The boycott was a failure. Simple. Obiano won because people voted for him, not because of a boycott that did not work

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
gidgiddy:

I laugh at Nigerians like you who celebrate mediocrity, what else can people in a failed nation do? To make matters worse, you people even dredge up old election results to butress the fact that people have lost confindence in the system.

Where are the huge numbers that you people predicted would come out to vote? Where is the celebration of democracy?

The election boycott was successful because the vast majority did not come out to vote. Democracy is all about numbers and a democracy where a paltry 15% are coming out to vote is a hopeless faliure.

The masses have spoken and passed a vote of no confidence on Nigeria

You're just spinning twisted rubbish. Old election results were dredged out simply to burst the fantasies of IPOB clowns and comedians that their massive boycott has wrecked the system. Simple statistical analysis requires dredging up precedent to show the trends of voting in past years. If you claim that 80% of people not voting is a result of boycotts, you have to show that those 80% have been voting before. It's simple common sense that has failed you woefully. You're deceiving yourself. The clowns that have been boring us with Ofe Nsala and "no referendum, no election" nonsense were dreaming about total compliance. Many of them were citing the IPOB sit-at-home a few months ago as evidence that nobody will vote. In the end, the simple reality is the stupid exercise that serves no purpose was a resounding failure.

Osita Chidoka, who has been IPOB's main supporter among Anambra politicians, performed woefully. Funny enough, I supported him myself. Yet, a bunch of mindless clowns who cannot think beyond what their jobless lord and master, Kanu, told them could not come out to support a candidate who speaks for their aspirations and fears and frustrations and he was getting barely a few dozen votes in some Local Governments. Do you see why you IPOB sheep are mindless cretins and have no sense? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by gidgiddy: 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Empty chest beating cowardly clown and shameless liar cheesy

Is the bold your new defense? What would have been responsible for record breaking turnout? Did ojukwu just resurrect from his grave? cheesy

17 local govts already produced 324k votes for the 3 main parties when the entire 21 LGAs produced 373k votes for the big 3 in last election even without the albino hunchback and his idiocy cheesy

In fact I wager that the 3 main parties will surpass their 2013 figures this time around in spite of all the mumu juju you planted at the polling booths. Shame on you and your desperation cheesy

You guys on the Lagos/Ibadan/Ijebu expressway media make me laugh. You leave your region to be having headache over elections in another Region.

You leave the restructuring that you should be begging the Sultan of Sokoto for, to be chasing Nnamdi Kanu in the East

You leave your failed Nigeria that Lugard gave but you could not manage, to be chasing those who dont want to be part of your faliure.

We in the East feel your pain.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by nwabobo: 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
victorvezx:

The boycott was a failure. Simple. Obiano won because people voted for him, not because of a boycott that did not work

What percentage of registered voters turned out to vote in 2013 and what percentage turned out to vote thus year? Intelligent people argue based on data.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2017
nwabobo:

What percentage of registered voters turned out to vote in 2013 and what percentage turned out to vote thus year? Intelligent people argue based on data.
Accept defeat and hide ur face in shame. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
gidgiddy:

You guys on the Lagos/Ibadan/Ijebu expressway media make me laugh. You leave your region to be having headache over elections in another Region.

No headaches Mister. Just laughs cheesy

You leave the restructuring that you should be begging the Sultan of Sokoto for, to be chasing Nnamdi Kanu in the East

Proof of begging sultan or you dive into isiala ngwa muddy pool. Kanu is now maggot food. Stop disturbing the dead cheesy

You leave your failed Nigeria that Lugard gave but you could not manage, to be chasing those who dont want to be part of your faliure.

We in the East feel your pain.

Shut up your mouth. Obiano and his fellow ignos are celebrating while ipob miscreants like you are wailing cheesy

When is the next boycott? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by nwabobo: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
victorvezx:

Accept defeat and hide ur face in shame. Simple

You do not even know who you are talking to. I guess your pea sized brain is incapable of doing simple analysis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

You're just spinning twisted rubbish. Old election results were dredged out simply to burst the fantasies of IPOB clowns and comedians that their massive boycott has wrecked the system. Simple statistical analysis requires dredging up precedent to show the trends of voting in past years. If you claim that 80% of people not voting is a result of boycotts, you have to show that those 80% have been voting before. It's simple common sense that has failed you woefully. You're deceiving yourself. The clowns that have been boring us with Ofe Nsala and "no referendum, no election" nonsense were dreaming about total compliance. Many of them were citing the IPOB sit-at-home a few months ago as evidence that nobody will vote. In the end, the simple reality is the stupid exercise that serves no purpose was a resounding failure.

Osita Chidoka, who has been IPOB's main supporter among Anambra politicians, performed woefully. Funny enough, I supported him myself. Yet, a bunch of mindless clowns who cannot think beyond what their jobless lord and master, Kanu, told them could not come out to support a candidate who speaks for their aspirations and fears and frustrations and he was getting barely a few dozen votes in some Local Governments. Do you see why you IPOB sheep are mindless cretins and have no sense? grin
Guy the thing surprise me oh, even Osita Chidoka, a known Ipob symphatizer performed badly in this election. The guy dey carry last for every local government

2 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
nwabobo:

1) The full results haven't been announced yet.
2) A lower percentage of registered voters still doesn't mean the boycott was a success because it still accomplished absolutely nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. It means they boycotters were absolutely useless to the process and their boycott was insignificant and worthless.

I don't know what you're still here arguing about. Did anybody ever claim that there will be more votes this year? Show me those that have been claiming that. The point has always been and remains that the boycott compliance the IPOB miscreants were expecting while citing the sit-at-home of a few months ago did not even come close to happening. If you told 100 IPOB members that 400,000 people will vote in this election, all 100 of them will have mocked you. They were delusional and overplaying their hand. Now they're trying to claim something else to hide their shame and failure.

4 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
nwabobo:

You do not even know who you are talking to. I guess your pea sized brain is incapable of doing simple analysis.
Lol, Ipob thugs have turned to mathematicians immediately. With the way were boasting, u would have thought a Single soul would not come out to vote yesterday so there wouldn't have being a need to count

3 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by HiddenShadow: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
pryme:

Its fair to say the election was a success.

How the boycott was suppose to aid the Igbos with their cause is what i dont understand.

If there was no election, a Military Administrator would have been appointed, no one will gain anything from that.

If a military Administrator had taken over they will start screaming Buhari has sent an "Uasa solja" to come and kill them, meanwhile they are the ones that brought it upon them selves.

Its sad that the majority in the south east buys into Igbos stupidity.

The boycott proved 2 things

1) IPOB has more sympathizers

2) Igbos are tired of Nigeria.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

2) A lower percentage of registered voters still doesn't mean the boycott was a success because it still accomplished absolutely nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. It means they boycotters were absolutely useless to the process and their boycott was insignificant and worthless.

I don't know what you're still here arguing about. Did anybody ever claim that there will be more votes this year? Show me those that have been claiming that. The point has always been and remains that the boycott compliance the IPOB miscreants were expecting while citing the sit-at-home of a few months ago did not even come close to happening. If you told 100 IPOB members that 400,000 people will vote in this election, all 100 of them will have mocked you. They were delusional and overplaying their hand. Now they're trying to claim something else to hide their shame and failure.
U have explained it perfectly well for that block head
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Guy stop lying. The boycott did not work. Stop consoling urself and accept defeat. This election completely buried Ipob

4 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Are you not ashamed? cheesy

Where is the boycott in an election having equal numbers or even more than the last time despite all your threats, rallies, evangelism and juju pots? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by HiddenShadow: 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

and
shukuokukobambi victorvezx

If you weren't foolish, you would have known that since 2013, the number of people turned 18years old have increased therefore, the number of voters should increased so much.

Therefore, the boycott is successful when you divide the number of voters by the number of registered voters and compare that of 2013 and 2017.

Eg In 2013, the number of registered voters was 1.7mil and the total number of votes was about 300000+

This year, the number of registered voters is 2.1mil and the expected final votes is about 380000+

Divide and see the percentage and take into consideration the number of people turned 18 years.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:
and

If you weren't foolish, you would have known that since 2013, the number of people turned 18years old have increased therefore, the number of voters should increased so much.

Therefore, the boycott is successful when you divide the number of voters by the number of registered voters and compare that of 2013 and 2017.

Eg In 2013, the number of registered voters was 1.7mil and the total number of votes was about 300000+

This year, the number of registered voters is 2.1mil and the expected final votes is about 380000+

Divide and see the percentage and take into consideration the number of people turned 18 years.

The point has always been and remains that the boycott compliance the IPOB miscreants were expecting while citing the sit-at-home of a few months ago did not even come close to happening. If you told 100 IPOB members that 400,000 people will vote in this election, all 100 of them will have mocked you. This is not a successful election boycott. Hide ur face in shame

2 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by pryme(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

You are right,

Its also shows they are still reasonable Ibos that dont buy into the stupid propaganda from the Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by jollymizzle(m): 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
one thing is clear now IMHO, ipob should avoid anambra state, obiano's second term in office would be brutal for any ipob member.the best thing for ipob would have been to support a candidate for the elections but they missed that opportunity. now obiano's may be out for blood owing to ipob many plans to disrupt his reelection.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by HiddenShadow: 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
victorvezx:

The point has always been and remains that the boycott compliance the IPOB miscreants were expecting while citing the sit-at-home of a few months ago did not even come close to happening. If you told 100 IPOB members that 400,000 people will vote in this election, all 100 of them will have mocked you.

As I said earlier, you and your friends are political illiterates because you failed to compare the 2013 and 2017 percentage of voters against registered voters.

2013: 1.7 milllion : 300k

2017: 2.1 million : 400k

3/17 × 100 = 18%

4/21× 100 = 15%

Look at the calculation to see how IPOB has proven to have more followers.

shukuokukobambi
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by jollymizzle(m): 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

wait o, boycott successful, how? can you explain what you mean by successful boycott, considering that the no of voters was about the same or even more than that of 2013 wen we didn't have a boycott campaign? I really want to know how you arrived at that conclusion. must be I'm missing something
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by Omofunaab2: 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:
and

Did you also consider the eligible voters who may have died from 2013 - 2017?

You guys should just accept defeat. cheesy.. Ndi Anambra has shamed you all grin grin LasGidiOwner and Yyeske were both right after all grin

5 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by HiddenShadow: 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
jollymizzle:
one thing is clear now IMHO, ipob should avoid anambra state, obiano's second term in office would be brutal for any ipob member.the best thing for ipob would have been to support a candidate for the elections but they missed that opportunity. now obiano's may be out for blood owing to ipob many plans to disrupt his reelection.

Activities in Eastern states will be underground.

More boycotts to follow in 2019.

The year of freedom will be in 2023
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by HiddenShadow: 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Did you also consider the eligible voters who may have died from 2013 - 2017?

You guys should just accept defeat. cheesy.. Ndi Anambra has shamed you all grin grin LasGidiOwner and Yyeske were both right after all grin

Igbos don't die like rats like those in the West who die daily in the hands of head cutters.

If we have high death rate, you won't have noticed our huge population all over the world.

jollymizzle check my post about your post.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

As I said earlier, you and your friends are political illiterates because you failed to compare the 2013 and 2017 percentage of voters against registered voters.

2013: 1.7 milllion : 300k

2017: 2.1 million : 400k

3/17 × 100 = 18%

4/21× 100 = 15%

Look at the calculation to see how IPOB has proven to have more followers.

shukuokukobambi
Hahahahaha, Ipob touts have turned to mathematicians oh. One thing this election also proves is that there are millions of igbos ready to resist Ipob and their plans. This election should make u scared of the future of Ipob. Hahaha. This election just unveiled the silent majority. And please remember that the election counting is not over yet

3 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:
and

cheesy cheesy

If you weren't foolish, you would have known many more have died between then and now abi where did the youths buratai's boys use as target practice come from for example? Not counting all those recession killed? Then all who died of old age etc? cheesy

Your boycott was, in addition to being the most senseless political stunt, also a resounding failure cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by HiddenShadow: 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
pryme:

You are right,

Its also shows they are still reasonable Ibos that dont buy into the stupid propaganda from the Igbos.

It is so shameful that you desperately want to share One Nigeria with a people your people call evil & drug pushers.

#So shameful
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by HiddenShadow: 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy

If you weren't foolish, you would have known many more have died between then and now abi where did the youths buratai's boys use as target practice come from for example? cheesy

Your boycott was, in addition to being the mist senseless political stunt, also a resounding failure cheesy

How many youths did he kill.?

You guys have lost this case against the Biafrans.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full Video: Atiku, Obi On 'The Candidates' With Kadaria Ahmed / Isolate Yourself If You Were A Passenger On Flight BA 75 That Arrived Lagos. / Edo Decides 2020, Result From Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.